Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Slowpokeking

Default The Fate of Inarius

Mephisto took him long ago and imprisoned him in hell.

Turn an important angel against his own kind is sweet in the demons' eyes. Izual's betrayal let the prime evils knew how to corrupt the soulstone and use them to possess humans. Inarius was once an Archangel, so he knew the council a lot, along with the knowledge of the Sanctuary, the World Stone and those hybrids. Turn him against the angels would be a good idea for the burning hell. Because of that, it's wise for the angels to take him back when they have the chance. Has there been any story about him in D3?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Old 05-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Elune

Didn't I stab him to death in D2?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Didn't I stab him to death in D2?
That's Izual, and he's not dead, all you did was just destoy that monster's body which was used to shackle his spirit.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Eternal

Just like Izual, Inarius was a character created to build onto plots and not really have his own story per say. They needed someone to be the architect of Sanctuary and once he was removed from power and sent to Hell, his story was over. I'm not expecting much except a mention here or there about him.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
Just like Izual, Inarius was a character created to build onto plots and not really have his own story per say. They needed someone to be the architect of Sanctuary and once he was removed from power and sent to Hell, his story was over. I'm not expecting much except a mention here or there about him.
Actually his name was heard from D1, they later changed the story.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Actually his name was heard from D1, they later changed the story.
The Overlord origins, yes. Another example of Inarius only being around to establish a backbone layer for a plot. My expectations only go as far as him rotting in his prison. Maybe he will be a boss but I'm not expecting much other than, "Oh my gawd, he's craaaazzzzy!"
Old 05-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
The Overlord origins, yes. Another example of Inarius only being around to establish a backbone layer for a plot. My expectations only go as far as him rotting in his prison. Maybe he will be a boss but I'm not expecting much other than, "Oh my gawd, he's craaaazzzzy!"
Few characters got such introduction in D1.

I think he should play some important role in the plot because both the Heaven and the Burning Hell will be stupid to ignore his usefulness.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM

Arch-Druid

He already did play an important role. He created Sanctuary and founded the Church of Light, remember?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
He already did play an important role. He created Sanctuary and founded the Church of Light, remember?
Yes, and I think he's still too important for both sides, hope he will play a big role in D3.