Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 AM

Critter

Default The Scryers and The Silver Covenant

Hi all

Id like to pick your brains if I may.

What do you think would be the relationship between the Scryers and the Silver Covenant?

As far as I am aware they dont have any in-game contact or share any screentime, but I cant imagine the Scryers would be indifferent to the return of Dalaran, or that the Silver Covenant would ignore non-Horde Blood Elves.

Thank you for reading and for your thoughts.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Elune

They hate eachother.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:46 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

The Scryers voluntarily snorted fel crack at whasshisface's suggestion, and so likely share the same opinion of the high elves as the grand majority of blood elves.

A rare few - like the guys in the bazaar who speak of returning to the Alliance, and Tarenar - might look upon them favorably, but since this is a game of races who hate each other (except for the neutrals, of course!), the Silver Covenant will likely not accept them in.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 AM

Elune

The Scryers are only not aligned with the Horde because the Sha'tar are more important. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same as Silvermoon blood elves.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
The Scryers are only not aligned with the Horde because the Sha'tar are more important. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same as Silvermoon blood elves.
Mmmm. The Aldor maybe rejoined the Alliance,

High priestess Ishanah was at Darnassus as a representative of the Exodar to vote for the Gilneans in the Alliance. (source; Wolfheart)

So the Scryers MAYBE returned to their own people/faction when the war in Outland ended and the situation there was under control.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Mmmm. The Aldor maybe rejoined the Alliance,

High priestess Ishanah was at Darnassus as a representative of the Exodar to vote for the Gilneans in the Alliance. (source; Wolfheart)

So the Scryers MAYBE returned to their own people/faction when the war in Outland ended and the situation there was under control.
Ahaha, Luke, you just met the reason people here are so touchy about referring to one's race/faction in the first person. Welcome back, Xil.

Anyway, this is what I thought when the information about Ishanah came out. If the Aldor have joined the Alliance, I'd really like to see the Scryers go Horde. If any of my Ask CDev questions had a prayer of being answered, I'd pick that one.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Why would they care about what some silly ethnic minority wing of Dalaran thinks?

I don't see why they'd ever really interact, at least in any "official" capacity. They don't really work in the same circles, from what we know.

Last edited by Zaelsino; 05-14-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM

The Sun King

Both should just die and decay.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Both should just die and decay.
I'll never get why you think the blood elves were unjustified in "betraying" a guy who'd gone batshit insane. According to Ask CDev, the reason we don't see Spellbreakers anymore is that Kael'thas all but wiped them out. That gives an idea of just how many of his own people he killed. Sure, the Scryers left before he got that bad, but Voren'thal's vision warned him about where things were headed. I want them to stop hanging out with the windchimes and go home already, though.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Must agree. I mean... the Scryers aren't bad guys. Following Kael'thas into the realm of batshit insanity was the other option in that situation, and they were already on thin ice having followed him that far.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
I'll never get why you think the blood elves were unjustified in "betraying" a guy who'd gone batshit insane. According to Ask CDev, the reason we don't see Spellbreakers anymore is that Kael'thas all but wiped them out. That gives an idea of just how many of his own people he killed. Sure, the Scryers left before he got that bad, but Voren'thal's vision warned him about where things were headed. I want them to stop hanging out with the windchimes and go home already, though.
I was less disgusted with the fact that they betrayed their rightful liege in favor of a bunch of Draeneic demigods, and more with the fact that they sanctioned and rewarded specifically the slaughter of their own people. I was so happy to see an Elven faction in Shattrath, and then BAM! It turns out their goal is slaughtering more and more of their dying kind all for some guy's fascination with Naaru. My character then joined the Aldors to kill some nasty demons.

Frankly, I love almost everyone and everything in this franchise. Can't I complain about something?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
I was less disgusted with the fact that they betrayed their rightful liege in favor of a bunch of Draeneic demigods, and more with the fact that they sanctioned and rewarded specifically the slaughter of their own people. I was so happy to see an Elven faction in Shattrath, and then BAM! It turns out their goal is slaughtering more and more of their dying kind all for some guy's fascination with Naaru. My character then joined the Aldors to kill some nasty demons.

Frankly, I love almost everyone and everything in this franchise. Can't I complain about something?
I'd say murdering your own people removes your "right" to rule. Quel'thalas: Azeroth's Syria!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:15 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'd say murdering your own people removes your "right" to rule. Quel'thalas: Azeroth's Syria!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

Joseph Stalin frowns upon your shenanigans.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM

The Sun King

Besides, Scryers betrayed the leige long before any killing happened.

But to hell with this, let's continue the showcase of amoral rulers. I nominate Henry VIII.

Man really liked to show off his crotch on those portraits.