Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Just a bit the trick here is, Quickening works on all crits. And since Sweeping Wind deals fast AE damage, you'll have tons of spirit to keep up the shield.
Be happy you don't have to wear a shield yet
Just tried it out a bit and it's working wonders. Now that I'm not dying instantly to the Heralds of Pestilence though I've actually realized that part of my problem was (and still is) that I'm occasionally rubber banding back into the ground effects after I run out.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Arch-Druid

Well, my Demon Hunter is in Act 4 Hell now, and feels pretty op.

Smokescreen with prolonged duration rune plus Preparation with Focussed Mind rune makes you pretty much invincible for 30 to 40 seconds out of 60.

You're unattackable, you don't get any damage, you can brake snares and roots with it, you can even get out of the Butcher's hook.
And if that weren't enough, you can also do full damage while smokescreened.

If this makes it to PvP, DHs will destroy everyone.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Well, my Demon Hunter is in Act 4 Hell now, and feels pretty op.

Smokescreen with prolonged duration rune plus Preparation with Focussed Mind rune makes you pretty much invincible for 30 to 40 seconds out of 60.

You're unattackable, you don't get any damage, you can brake snares and roots with it, you can even get out of the Butcher's hook.
And if that weren't enough, you can also do full damage while smokescreened.

If this makes it to PvP, DHs will destroy everyone.
In PvP most moves are altered from what i know to help balance it without messing up the main game (if there is any major complaints). Something i think Blizzard has finally learned .
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I don't use the AH to buy anything but I sell all of my rates on it. Making MAD DOSH.
I hate how you have to wing it with prices though since there is no feasible way to check them.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I hate how you have to wing it with prices though since there is no feasible way to check them.
Yeah I think I messed up with selling a few jars of 100 dust earlier... since the instant sold. Not happy.

It's also sad that I had to tag Lev into my single player game to beat Diablo for me because my lag in my single player game was so bad that it was unplayable.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Ever since I got acid rain on my witch doctor I've been melting face. It's rendered my firebats pretty useless though (pity, that's an awesome spell) so I have to find a good spell to replace that with.
Just wait until you get to level 54. I don't think any other class gets a cooler spell.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 AM

The eyeconic Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Just tried it out a bit and it's working wonders. Now that I'm not dying instantly to the Heralds of Pestilence though I've actually realized that part of my problem was (and still is) that I'm occasionally rubber banding back into the ground effects after I run out.
My pleasure One With Everything will pump your physical resistance up to the number of any other elemental you wish to stack. Say poison or fire. Get 300 and voila, melee hits aren't fazing you anymore.
Foregoing dex in favor of AS is also fun. You can basically chainstagger mobs with 2 fast weapons.
Resolve also works very well with Sweeping Winds and will permanently debuff all mobs to deal 25% less damage while close to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrise View Post
Just wait until you get to level 54. I don't think any other class gets a cooler spell.
And then you meet a mob with damage reflection

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Eternal

Act IV after 16 hours of play. It's gonna be an epic final battle.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

I actually felt that Act IV was the weakest.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I actually felt that Act IV was the weakest.
It felt kinda tacked on and rushed.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
It felt kinda tacked on and rushed.
I wouldn't say that, but it did feel a bit too short.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Eternal

I think Act IV's length was fine. I mean, Diablo is on his way to destroy the High Heavens. Would you fuck around or go after him?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Elune

It was kinda annoying how many things were just left obviously open for an expansion as well. Adria for example whom my character never mentions again after the betrayal or after Diablo dies. The least they could have done was have the characters say something about trying to save Leah's soul and hunting down Adria.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
It was kinda annoying how many things were just left obviously open for an expansion as well. Adria for example whom my character never mentions again after the betrayal or after Diablo dies. The least they could have done was have the characters say something about trying to save Leah's soul and hunting down Adria.
After going through the game again (and checking out Diablo's wikia) i have a feeling that one of the expansions will heavily involve Auriel and Mephisto.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Eternal

I was annoyed by how everyone just conveniently forgot about the Black Soulstone the moment Diablo was dead. Completely. As it never existed. You kill Diablo and Auriel says "Evil is vanquished" and Tyrael's only response is "Time will tell" and no mention of the stone at all. And that's the guy who helped you track it down and knows what the artifact does and he just... doesn't even mention it? After it's been such an important plot point throughout all of Act II and III and all the talk how it must be destroyed and all the rituals and preparations that must be made in order to do it? At the final cinematic when Diablo's falling you can even see that the Black Soulstone is the only intact piece that's left after his body has burned away. And everyone just suddenly forgets about it? Really?

That's the only cheap coupout for an expansion that annoyed me, I don't have complaints about anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
After going through the game again (and checking out Diablo's wikia) i have a feeling that one of the expansions will heavily involve Auriel and Mephisto.
Can I ask why Auriel and Mephisto of all characters? What exactly in the game suggests they'll be involved in an expansion?

Last edited by Gortrash; 05-22-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Can I ask why Auriel and Mephisto of all characters?
On the wikia (not sure if its true) it seems that they have hinted before that Mephisto had a thing for Auriel lol. With there being quite a major focus on Diablo and Imperius having a rivalry i thought it would be fitting if each Prime Evil had a Archangel rival to boot.

I do want to know what has happened with Archangel Malthael considering he was vacant from the game and if Tyreal is now Archangel of Wisdom that means Malthael must have somehow lost his rank.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 05-22-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
On the wikia (not sure if its true) it seems that they have hinted before that Mephisto had a thing for Auriel lol.
Aaaaand...? What are the hints that you saw in the game?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Aaaaand...? What are the hints that you saw in the game?
I just thought of one of the expansions starting with Mephisto capturing Auriel in a attempt to turn her into a Fallen Archangel.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

The other thing I thought was goofy was the whole telling us RIGHT before that that Diablo is possibly working to resurrect the Dragon, then for whatever reason just tossing the black soul stone into hell. Because you know... that should help.

Honestly, with what a pushover Prime Evil combined souls Femablo felt like thats the only next big bad outside of corrupted Angels that works. Corrupted angels were already largely overdone in Act 4 though.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Old 05-23-2012, 10:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Oh Blizzard...
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 AM

Eternal

Beat the game after 17 hours. Pretty epic stuff.

However Act IV was the weakest. They spent a LONG time making Acts I and II as each of these acts take 6-7hrs to beat, then by Act III, it's only 3-4 hours and act IV 1 hours. The heavens look epic but the Diablo fight was kinda disappointing. First half of battle was ok, but after you slay the terror phantom it becomes too easy. The health wells refill too fast and you can win easily if you're fast enough to reach for them.

And they left too much for expansion.

This game really needed another Act. Act IV should be fight against Adria and Act V this act.

First expansion will probably be about hunt for Adria, who will find the Black Soulstone and use it to power herself. However while the leah plot is resolved here(either she is brought back or her soul is put to rest), the black soulstone plot isn't and second expansion will be about Imperius and Malthusial, who was Shen the whole time. They team up to destroy the humans and revive Anu with Black Soulstone.

As there won't likely be a Diablo IV that isn't set in the distant future or a full reboot, end boss of the first Diablo series should be a scaled-down version of the original Tathamat that has absorbed Imperius, Malthusial, Adria and the Seven evils.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Slowpokeking

D2's ACT IV is also the shortest.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:23 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
D2's ACT IV is also the shortest.
And the first part of the game "left too much for expansion" such as not killing Baal until LoD.
Discussing the lore is enough for him. A master of facts and reason. Words are his weapons of choice. He deftly posts snide comments with deep-biting cynicism. His ego is healthy enough that he does not need to take online tests and post the results in his signature to gain a sense of identity or self-worth. He also probably did not take this test over again until he got the results he wanted. The Guy Who Didn't Take the 'RPG Personality Test' strives for logic, truth, and sanity above all else.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Slowpokeking

We got Inarius and Malthael for xpc, plus those 6 shards may be used by the Prime Evils again.