Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
The Saints kept a ledger to track the bounty payouts. They knew they'd get suspended for it so they might as well keep records? How did a team this stupid win a Super Bowl?

Fake edit: they had that guy they won't pay.
They got away with a lot because of the post-Katrina sympathy card. But now the chickens have come home to roost.

And I can't believe they're not paying Brees. Yes, he's probably not worth as much as he's asking, but he came to New Orleans and saved the franchise when they were in the crapper, and when no other QB (or any notable free agent) wanted to touch that place with a ten foot pole.

Also - apparently, Kasarax sent Brandon Jacobs a nice letter...
Old 06-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Elune

How is a 7-year-old's favorite player Brandon Jacobs? The last time he was good, that kid was two.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:22 PM

Eternal

It's probably for some silly reason that only a kid could rationalize or the more simple explanation is that his dad is a fan. I dunno, personally, I've never been a Jacobs fan. He's got great heart but his running style depends on having a good O-line way too much.

I grew up on Michael Strahan with his sack record (lulz) and gap teeth. Kerry Collins wasn't role model material for a young boy.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasarax View Post
It's probably for some silly reason that only a kid could rationalize or the more simple explanation is that his dad is a fan. I dunno, personally, I've never been a Jacobs fan. He's got great heart but his running style depends on having a good O-line way too much.

I grew up on Michael Strahan with his sack record (lulz) and gap teeth. Kerry Collins wasn't role model material for a young boy.
Sucks for your childhood.

I was weaned on a steady diet of John Riggins and Cal Ripken, Jr.; pretty much the most awesome professional athletes of the 80's (for entirely different reasons).
Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 AM

Elune

Clyde Drexler. Pretty much the classiest man in the NBA.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:14 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Clyde Drexler. Pretty much the classiest man in the NBA.
Admittedly, I wasn't an NBA fan at all as a kid, and only became a casual fan in the early 90's when I moved to Arizona and the Suns were so good you couldn't ignore them.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Eternal

So I got into a discussion with a Packers fan who insists that Eli is only an average QB who wouldn't even crack the top 100 QB's of all time yet he announces that Rodgers is a top 3 QB of all time

Anyway, Chad Johnson was released a few days ago by the Patriots and it should be interesting to see which misfit team he will land on. I'm thinking Jags.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
So I got into a discussion with a Packers fan who insists that Eli is only an average QB who wouldn't even crack the top 100 QB's of all time yet he announces that Rodgers is a top 3 QB of all time

Anyway, Chad Johnson was released a few days ago by the Patriots and it should be interesting to see which misfit team he will land on. I'm thinking Jags.
Rodgers would be lucky to make the list of top 3 Packer QB's of all-time.

Eli has done a lot more with less.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Rodgers would be lucky to make the list of top 3 Packer QB's of all-time.

Eli has done a lot more with less.
Eli has had some good stuff but it's never all at the same time. Right now, he has great WR's but his RB's and O-line are average at best at the moment.

Also, as much as I enjoy sports celebrations, couldn't they find someone less important to give them props than the President?
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Elune

Quote:

I'm a huge Rodgers fan and consider him in the absolute highest tier of players, let alone QBs, in the league right now, and even I think that's ridiculous. I have a healthy respect for Eli Manning. While we may have smacked him around a few times, he gives as good as he gets.

So yeah, another one of those ridiculous homer fans, that's all. I talked to a Dolphins fan who said it didn't matter how often Brandon Marshall felt like beating his girlfriend as long as he caught passes once. Probably the worst case of homerism I've seen, and proof that Barkley was right when he said Miami has the worst sports fans in the world
Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Eternal

So the Giants waived Ballard (the Giants TE from the Superbowl who tore his ACL) since he is going to be useless for the 2012 season and Reese WAS going to resign him to a more friendly contract but the Patriots claimed him before it could happen.

Are we really in Billy's head that much?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:13 PM

Hypersensitive

Quote:

Who gives a fuck what some random scrub thinks when Eli has 2 rings?
Old 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Elune

What is the deal with Percy Harvin?

I mean, I get that you want to make a new deal and get off your rookie contract, but the fact that you're mopey it didn't happen at the earliest possible moment might be why you're not getting one.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
What is the deal with Percy Harvin?

I mean, I get that you want to make a new deal and get off your rookie contract, but the fact that you're mopey it didn't happen at the earliest possible moment might be why you're not getting one.
Honestly, at this point, they're better off trading him. The Vikings don't need a locker room cancer right now. He's not worth the headache. Ship him to some shithole like Cleveland for a few picks and be done with it.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM

Elune

>headache
>I saw what you did there
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
>headache
>I saw what you did there
You saw it before I did... unintentional pun FTW...
Old 07-01-2012, 03:39 AM

Eternal

For KLRMNKY

Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Hypersensitive

Only around a couple more months before the season starts!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Elune

I'm pumped! Week 2, I'm hopping the train up to Seattle for the MNF game against the Packers. Should be tons of fun.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 PM

Elune

It's going to be a very interesting season with all of the storylines playing out.

Can the 49er's repeat and actually get to a Superbowl?
Will the Saints completely implode?
How much of a rope does Romo have if the Cowboys miss the playoffs? again...
Will the Giants repeat?
Will the Packers/New England actually play defense enough to get into the SB?
Can Houston take the next step?
Will Luck actually be good, or was he overhyped?
The Redskins and RG3, can they make the playoffs in his first year?

And so many more.... plus Thursday night football is back and I love it!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Hypersensitive

I'm surprised Dallas has stuck with Romo so far. Jets QB storyline will also be interesting.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Elune

Romo hasn't bungled things enough to actually get canned, is what it comes down to. If he was still hilariously fucking up he would have, but he's no longer doing so.

Anyway, I'm not seeing the Skins making the playoffs this year. I can't see them winning their division yet or getting the 10+ wins necessary for an NFC spot. I think they're finally starting to get their shit together but the current NFC is just too well-stacked right now talent-wise and it's gonna be a pretty big uphill battle. Not ruling out the possibility of a major regression in play, of course.

I think the Panthers might surprise a lot of people by taking a weak South, though. The Falcons are always struggling to stay consistent and the Saints are kind of a wreck at present. I think timing might be on their side.

E: Let's do a 5 in, 5 out, shall we? I'll go first.

IN
San Diego, Carolina, Buffalo, KC... this last one is hard for me but I'm gonna flip a coin and say Philly, not Chicago (maybe Andy Reid becomes a better coach, maybe Cutler's o-line doesn't let him die).

OUT
New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, Atlanta, Denver

Last edited by Fordragon; 07-02-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 12:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
For KLRMNKY

BEASTMODE!!! Get off me son! Get off me! LOL

Damn right man, damn right.... I still remember jumping up and down in my apartment so loud that the neighbors had to come up and ask if I was in distress. LOL

Funny enough, in regards to the whole bountygate, the posters that they showed of Lynch and Dog the BH was to pump up their guys for that game and try to take out Lynch and Hasselback. Judging by how well they actually tackled, could we say that the whole bountygate was useless?

Quote:
Romo hasn't bungled things enough to actually get canned, is what it comes down to. If he was still hilariously fucking up he would have, but he's no longer doing so.

Anyway, I'm not seeing the Skins making the playoffs this year. I can't see them winning their division yet or getting the 10+ wins necessary for an NFC spot. I think they're finally starting to get their shit together but the current NFC is just too well-stacked right now talent-wise and it's gonna be a pretty big uphill battle. Not ruling out the possibility of a major regression in play, of course.

I think the Panthers might surprise a lot of people by taking a weak South, though. The Falcons are always struggling to stay consistent and the Saints are kind of a wreck at present. I think timing might be on their side.

E: Let's do a 5 in, 5 out, shall we? I'll go first.

IN
San Diego, Carolina, Buffalo, KC... this last one is hard for me but I'm gonna flip a coin and say Philly, not Chicago (maybe Andy Reid becomes a better coach, maybe Cutler's o-line doesn't let him die).

OUT
New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, Atlanta, Denver
Considering Romo's record in the playoffs, and I've been talking with my die hard cowboy fans along with what they are hearing from the insiders, is that Jones is tired of the Cowboys not being able to make a run for the playoffs, and even when they do get their, they fall apart. Their draft this year was to fix a lot of the holes, but they are hearing that Jones might take the team in another direction if Romo can't produce.

I'm not sleeping on the Panther's either. Saints will be lucky to get .500, the Bucs are in full rebuild mode and the Falcons are just too damn predictable. Cam showed strides and if the Panthers don't take the division, I'll be shocked.

Bears and Packers should be interesting, if Culter can play a full season. With the Lions playing spoiler and fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm keeping Washington as a sleeper pick. The NFC East is still NY to lose, although everyone is talking up the Eagles.... again.

5 in 5 out for playoffs?

Last edited by Ma Caque Attaque; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Everyone ignored my baseball thread... I am disappoint.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:06 AM

Hypersensitive

I swear I've really tried to get into baseball in the past, but I can't make it through a full game.