Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 AM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

I like how 90% of the comments on that raid preview are complaining that they have to wait a week to run the raid. Like they'll even notice.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
Well it depends on what is fact and what was simply myth. We already know races can embellish the truth, or do you really believe the Pandaren Emperor battled many of the Sha manifestations over the course of weeks in an epic kung-fu standstill?

It is said the Monkey King carved the masks, but maybe he didn't carve them, maybe he found them, and claimed her carved them so that his name would carry on in the myths as possibly just as powerful, if not more powerful, then the Pandaren Emperor.
Yeah, i know. I'm just saying that as it is right now, the monkey made them so no, not that it couldn't change/be expanded.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
I like how 90% of the comments on that raid preview are complaining that they have to wait a week to run the raid. Like they'll even notice.
Well you have some guilds that likely did plan on raiding within the first few days but yea most guilds wouldn't be able to successfully raid within a week considering you need the gear from the Vaults.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

So heres a little food for thought, nothing I haven't fan wanked about before but given this new info I'm going to rehash it. If Y'Shaarj is the one who was killed, he is now in a Shadow State, the Sha. He is multiple and more corruptive in death than he ever might have been in life. He watches from the outside, the spirit world, the neather more powerful than ever but still a spirit. The others were left imprisoned almost dead to prevent this from occurring on a grander scale, thus they are "dead light beings" left eternally wounded but not allowed true death, thus not putting them into a "void" state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
So interesting question, but does anyone consider the theory that Silas Darkmoon is an Old God a bit compelling?
Yes, although I'd be content with a Faceless one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
wait, if the design choice is that all Pandaren have golden eyes, does that mean that the player models are all going to have golden eyes pretty soon?
I guess they are all potential druids of great power... like every nightelf male that has given up being a druid in recent history.

On a side note for the earlier conversation. The Azj'Aqir are C'thun's faceless ones, I suspect they and the Mantid are infact still his children. The Azj'Aqir at the time of the split were pretty much, being direct children of the Oldgods likely knowledgeable about the others. They traveled to the locations of the other gods. This theory is purely reflecting my own desires mind you.

Now, the classic Faceless one's are, as unpopular as this may be, N'Zoth's kids. Even though some live under northrend the classic Faceless one design is his. Some might have served Yogg, but they were not his own, he had no love for them. Certainly there seems to be more Faceless ones under the sea than ever before, this also helps justify General Vezax's unusual aquatic traits. This means to suggest that Yogg had no children of his own, or atleast intelligent servants. I believe the Jormungar worms were his children, their ravenous maws ever devouring. It's also quite likely that there was at one point much larger versions of these creatures as would be indicated by Azjol'Nerub. They have potentially been slain or died out. The likelyhood of this being a cut plot line of this from Azjol'Nerub, Yogg's story was certainly a disaster of cropping to get Uldum out, as is indicated by "Sara" and how sloppy aspects of the Stormpeaks was after the build up.

I still think one of the Oldgod's has a hard on for serpents and Hakkar is among his designs. I also like to imagine that this old god has some sort of tie in with the trolls. Although, originally I thought this god was N'zoth for sure, now I question that.

At any rate, my point is, when it comes to the Faceless ones the Oldgods seem to have done a fair bit of "sharing". They may have swayed and edited the children of the other oldgods, they may have had ambassadors at their courts during the height of their power and they might have had a substantial amount of followers from later periods under their control.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
So heres a little food for thought, nothing I haven't fan wanked about before but given this new info I'm going to rehash it. If Y'Shaarj is the one who was killed, he is now in a Shadow State, the Sha. He is multiple and more corruptive in death than he ever might have been in life. He watches from the outside, the spirit world, the neather more powerful than ever but still a spirit. The others were left imprisoned almost dead to prevent this from occurring on a grander scale, thus they are "dead light beings" left eternally wounded but not allowed true death, thus not putting them into a "void" state.

I guess they are all potential druids of great power... like every nightelf male that has given up being a druid in recent history.

On a side note for the earlier conversation. The Azj'Aqir are C'thun's faceless ones, I suspect they and the Mantid are infact still his children. The Azj'Aqir at the time of the split were pretty much, being direct children of the Oldgods likely knowledgeable about the others. They traveled to the locations of the other gods. This theory is purely reflecting my own desires mind you.

Now, the classic Faceless one's are, as unpopular as this may be, N'Zoth's kids. Even though some live under northrend the classic Faceless one design is his. Some might have served Yogg, but they were not his own, he had no love for them. Certainly there seems to be more Faceless ones under the sea than ever before, this also helps justify General Vezax's unusual aquatic traits. This means to suggest that Yogg had no children of his own, or atleast intelligent servants. I believe the Jormungar worms were his children, their ravenous maws ever devouring. It's also quite likely that there was at one point much larger versions of these creatures as would be indicated by Azjol'Nerub. They have potentially been slain or died out. The likelyhood of this being a cut plot line of this from Azjol'Nerub, Yogg's story was certainly a disaster of cropping to get Uldum out, as is indicated by "Sara" and how sloppy aspects of the Stormpeaks was after the build up.

I still think one of the Oldgod's has a hard on for serpents and Hakkar is among his designs. I also like to imagine that this old god has some sort of tie in with the trolls. Although, originally I thought this god was N'zoth for sure, now I question that.

At any rate, my point is, when it comes to the Faceless ones the Oldgods seem to have done a fair bit of "sharing". They may have swayed and edited the children of the other oldgods, they may have had ambassadors at their courts during the height of their power and they might have had a substantial amount of followers from later periods under their control.
"Old god hard one"? now i have to go burn my brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
"Old god hard one"? now i have to go burn my brain
Omacron thinks thats what Kara is, true story.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 PM

Elune

So the whole 'your gods aren't your gods' comment is pretty neat. Seems to me that the Mantid are saying that the gods the races do see as their gods (Elune, Titans, etc.) aren't actually their gods. The gods of Azeroths races would actually be the Old Gods as without them and the Curse of Flesh (or other alterations) none of Azeroths races would have ever existed.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
So the whole 'your gods aren't your gods' comment is pretty neat. Seems to me that the Mantid are saying that the gods the races do see as their gods (Elune, Titans, etc.) aren't actually their gods. The gods of Azeroths races would actually be the Old Gods as without them and the Curse of Flesh (or other alterations) none of Azeroths races would have ever existed.
Well I mean... Elune (and the rest of her pantheon) the only real "Gods". All the other beings of worship are somewhat mundane at this point. Titan's are god like but have become less godly given the context provided. Loa, natural spirits. The Light? A tool. The Aspects, Powerful dragons. Ancient's powerful spirit animals.

But taking advice from Oldgod followers likely isn't the best course of action in any case
Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Eternal

Not sure you could really even trust the Klaxxi when it comes to discussing the Old Gods and Titans. You're going to get the usual spiel about how the Old Gods are pure awesome while the Titans are mean, metallic dudes. I sense some butthurt from the ass kicking they received
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
To be fair, that also holds true for Elune and the Titans too, since the titan's (Elune's?) Well of Eternity was responsible for shaping the night elves as much as the Flesh of Curse. And the Titans certainly were responsible for creating the earthen, vrykul, and mechagnomes which became the dwarves, humans, and gnomes.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
To be fair, that also holds true for Elune and the Titans too, since the titan's (Elune's?) Well of Eternity was responsible for shaping the night elves as much as the Flesh of Curse. And the Titans certainly were responsible for creating the earthen, vrykul, and mechagnomes which became the dwarves, humans, and gnomes.
We actually don't know if the Well is what affected the night elves now with the new lore and how they didn't find the Well till AFTER they rebelled against the Zandalari. And the last 3 things were the original plans but the Old Gods are the ones that created the humans, dwarves, and gnomes with the Curse of Flesh.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:31 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

A big part of the problem is that the hardcore supernatural is so mundane in the world that it's just simply natural. Gods-shmods, there really are none in the classic definition. It's hard to think of the Titan's as gods given what's been revealed but they are certainly on par with the Olympians (of which they are based) granted they can die, so the true immortality of being "unkillable" strips them of that one aspect. Thus they are mortal gods who use machines and workers to achieve goals.

In game however, I don't think the races think of these beings as being so banal. The Titans ARE gods to the Dwarves, Gnomes and Humans, the LOA are gods to the Trolls, The Naaru gods to the Draenei.

To me, the definition of god is to create something from nothing, all other powers are moot or omniscience. In WoW it's defined as power and the respect of others for that power. It's a world where gods are common place, but they are no less god like. Meaning our own personal views are really just meta knowledge about the universe.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Banished

Sonneillon
Quote:
Wait a minute... do you guys think Darkmoon Island IS the black forest? I mean, the place is basically that... And under it is the sleeping city of Nyalotha... I mean the thing is practically surrounded by ocean.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Sonneillon

Wait a minute... do you guys think Darkmoon Island IS the black forest? I mean, the place is basically that... And under it is the sleeping city of Nyalotha... I mean the thing is practically surrounded by ocean.
And the intro to the new faire does say about dont ask about how they acquired the island, or who from.

And on the billboards on the way down the path, there is the line " ignore the eyes that blink and stare"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Sonneillon

I suggested that back when the dark-moon revamp occurred. Silias of course being the lamb in this scenario. Although right now I'm starting to suspect it's the Sha infested tree's of Pandaria that it's referring to.

Also also, thanks for spelling my name right.

Although thinking about it being the top of Ny'alotha isn't something I had considered... the idea of somewhere we have gotten to KNOW rising out of the sea and having a much larger evil landmass surrounding it would be nothing short of epic and amazing. Can you imagine how cool that would be, the fun of the "faire" all building up to horror below.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 07-30-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 02:59 PM

Banished

Quote:
I suggested that back when the dark-moon revamp occurred. Silias of course being the lamb in this scenario. Although right now I'm starting to suspect it's the Sha infested tree's of Pandaria that it's referring to.

Also also, thanks for spelling my name right.

Although thinking about it being the top of Ny'alotha isn't something I had considered... the idea of somewhere we have gotten to KNOW rising out of the sea and having a much larger evil landmass surrounding it would be nothing short of epic and amazing. Can you imagine how cool that would be, the fun of the "faire" all building up to horror below.
Would be amazing indeed.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 PM

Eternal

The Darkmoon faire was always something that fit in the background. We can have short stories about it, but making it a major part of the lore is a bit iffy. Would be cool if there was a quest chain where we found the bodies stuffed under the faire tents, and uncovered the true nature of the murderous band of insane carnies.

I say this simply because I am more terrified of the Darkmoon faire then I am of the burning legion at this point.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:39 PM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
It couldn't be the Sha infested trees as those weren't black until we arrived. (The Klaxxi remark that the corruption is recent).

I guess that COULD be the black forest still, but I don't think it is.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

This is something I'll bring up more in my Rise of Ny'alotha thread, but here's a theory on the "Great Rook" whisper.

Maybe its not Karazhan.

Maybe its Black Rook Hold.

It watches over a dead forest because its been underwater, thus all the trees are dead. Then it could be part of Ny'alotha, likely to also be underwater.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
This is something I'll bring up more in my Rise of Ny'alotha thread, but here's a theory on the "Great Rook" whisper.

Maybe its not Karazhan.

Maybe its Black Rook Hold.

It watches over a dead forest because its been underwater, thus all the trees are dead. Then it could be part of Ny'alotha, likely to also be underwater.
You may be on to something here, sir!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Eternal

apparently there are enormous ozumat-like "Ancient Leviathans" swimming around all of pandaria
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Eternal

Neat little thing, after the alliance shoots down the Alliance gunship, Nazgrim starts to give in to doubt. The results are easy to see.
He then goes Prototype all up in this bitch, before Taran Zhu saves his ass.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mshadowz; 07-30-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
apparently there are enormous ozumat-like "Ancient Leviathans" swimming around all of pandaria
Blizzard making all the fake stuff fans assumed was true actually true...

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 PM

Demon Hunter

Now ... All can see. This, is the hour ... of Shazgrim !
Old 07-30-2012, 07:48 PM

Elune

I only found 1 Kraken and it was swimming around a island in Townlong. Found plenty of very large sharks though.

Tags
chen stormstout, mists of pandaria, panda power, world of warcraft