Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM

Elune

Default WoW #13 Preview

Old 11-20-2008, 03:06 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Khadgar and Lothar and Garona! Yay!

tLG FTW!

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 AM

Loremaster

And Garona looks nothing related to a draenei. So let's scratch that out.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

The issue was pretty good:

- SPOILERS -

It turns out that Onyxia tried to split Varian into two parts so she could kill off his strong side and use the other as a puppet to rule Stormwind with. But she didn't realise the island was full of Naga, and they attacked, allowing the one Varian to escape. The other was captured by the Naga and ransomed off.

At the end, Jaina gives each Varian an elven sword (don't recall the names off the top of my head) and they are heading to go pwn Ony. I assume this is why Varian in-game has two Quel'Serrars (it's probably supposed to be these two swords)
Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949
Send a message via MSN to Xarthat

Well, last time I clicked on a link like that, it took a looooong time to load anything. Can somebody post just an image of Garona in the WoW comic?

EDIT: What? She's not under the link on the top? So WTH Kenzuki is talking about?

Last edited by Xarthat; 11-20-2008 at 11:23 AM..
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
Well, last time I clicked on a link like that, it took a looooong time to load anything. Can somebody post just an image of Garona in the WoW comic?

EDIT: What? She's not under the link on the top? So WTH Kenzuki is talking about?
She does appear.

Its interesting thought that Varian mentions that after the war he was still looking for Garona.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
She does appear.

Its interesting thought that Varian mentions that after the war he was still looking for Garona.
He says he still doesn't understand to this day, no doubt wants to understand what the hell happened.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Eternal

A demonically empowered half-monster from another world kills your father and you don't know what's going on. What the heck is with him? How much of a brain you need to understand THAT?

And, well... she's just a green human for now. Unless they create larger pictures for #15.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
A demonically empowered half-monster from another world kills your father and you don't know what's going on. What the heck is with him? How much of a brain you need to understand THAT?

And, well... she's just a green human for now. Unless they create larger pictures for #15.
Thats not what he means though. Garona was considered a friend, and if her true mission was to kill Llane all along, then why would she be crying so bad in the act? He wants to understand everything behind it, I don't see that as being dumb.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Eternal

Well, the dialogue itself sounds like he was not knowing what's going on in the murder itself, but your explanation might be true, so I return his honour (for now...)
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
Thats not what he means though. Garona was considered a friend, and if her true mission was to kill Llane all along, then why would she be crying so bad in the act? He wants to understand everything behind it, I don't see that as being dumb.
Also have in mind that he was just a little boy.

Quote:
He says he still doesn't understand to this day, no doubt wants to understand what the hell happened.
Still it gives me the impression that he is obsessed with her.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh i'm not saying he isn't. He obviously has thought about it even into adulthood. While he was young, he was about Anduin's age by that point, so he wasn't too young. Honestly I would have found the situation strange myself.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:58 PM

Site Staff - News
Send a message via AIM to Bradford

I'm still up in the air about the future of our beloved king. He was a character that had a huge role and responsibility that was never fleshed out. He was just sorta......there. What I would like to know is the fate of the other leaders that were stationed in the balconies around King Ts' chamber. Did I miss something or were they just advisor's or ambassadors from the other nations at the time? The reason I ask is because I wonder who represented SW(or Azeroth/Azeroth) in that council? It just sets ill with me that a city of that size and influence would not have much to say during the time of War3. It focused on Lorderon mostly..... I just want to know more about Varian and what his view of the Scourge during the 3rd war.....
Old 11-20-2008, 01:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Even after the second war Varian was dealing with problems of orcs and such across his kingdom. Add to the fact it was a major rebuilding project, and how Onyxia was pretty much screwing with the minds of the people during that time. They might have done some stuff, but its hard to say how much.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM

Elune

I would think that Varian only found out about the Scourge invasion when refugees started showing up. If there WERE working lines of communication, he would have done something. Lordaeron had been his home for nearly half his life at that point, and Terenas had raised and educated him.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
I would think that Varian only found out about the Scourge invasion when refugees started showing up. If there WERE working lines of communication, he would have done something. Lordaeron had been his home for nearly half his life at that point, and Terenas had raised and educated him.
It does say in the new comic how he was in a depression for ten years after his wife's death, possibly as a result of Onyxia's magic. You combine all those problems at home, and Onyxia's dirty work, and it makes one big mess.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

There's always the possibility that Garithos and his men were from Stormwind. He did have a lion in his shield, after all.

Co-creator of UFS, a joint urban fantasy setting.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:15 AM

Elune

That would be the only reference to Stormwind we get in the entire game barring stuff in the manual. I call BS on it when you consider people from Stormwind would have wanted to fall back to the south to make sure SW was still okay. Garithos was completely cut off, and his plan was to stick around rather to head "home."
Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrah View Post
There's always the possibility that Garithos and his men were from Stormwind. He did have a lion in his shield, after all.
Arthas had a lion on his belt, what's your point?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

If we want to get particularly fancy we could go far enough to say Garithos came from Stormwind with the refugees after the First War, and just stayed up north. But I guess whatever the real deal behind that man was, we might not know for awhile.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:11 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Omg why do you complain about Stormwind not helping Lordaeron...

If Stromgarde and Dalaran didn't even move a single finger?

(Jaina was exploring for Dalaran, just Kirin Tor's interests)

I don't say Ironforge and Silvermoon didn't move a finger cause they sent a mortar team and 2 priests. Great reinforcements (perhaps they were from Lordaeron, so, who knows).

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzuki View Post
And Garona looks nothing related to a draenei. So let's scratch that out.
Lantresor looks nothing like a Draenei either. We've know what Garona looks like for some time, you didn't really expect them to start portraying her with a face squid did you?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Lantresor looks nothing like a Draenei either. We've know what Garona looks like for some time, you didn't really expect them to start portraying her with a face squid did you?
They could have just retconned her appearance, like they did with Kil'jaeden.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:01 AM

Warden

Stormwind had just been resettled and the Defias Brotherhood was likely starting to cause trouble when Lordaeron fell. They probably couldn't help if they wanted to. Plus, the Scourge did not seem capable of toppling the Kingdom before Arthas defected, and by the time people were aware of that he had killed Terenas and it was too late.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Elune

Quote:
They could have just retconned her appearance, like they did with Kil'jaeden.
Kil'jaeden pretty much always looked the same.