Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm Discussion

Old 02-16-2017, 04:34 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

There will no more adventures for Hearthstone. Instead all future expansions will have story-based single player content alongside their new cards.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
There will no more adventures for Hearthstone. Instead all future expansions will have story-based single player content alongside their new cards.
On the face of it that sounds like really crappy news. But if this new solo content is good, I.E. it has interesting bosses, cool voice overs and maybe is even free and rewards a card or two then it could be even better than adventures are.

But money rules and if they are free or just as aside then they will never have the same quality adventures had because adventures had to be good since they cost mucho dinero.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:06 PM

Arch-Druid

Gold (War3) boy its dusty in here

Time to craft golden sylvie, rag and azure drakes (and maybe the commons). Now the question becomes do I keep or dust post refund.

Rest in peace my 9x commons, but its worth.

Last edited by Malygos; 02-16-2017 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Elune

So Blizz is removing good Vanilla cards like Sylvie, Rag, Azure Drake and so on.

I don't know if this is a money grubbing move so people feel even more forced to buy new expansion shit or simply a difference in design philosophy between Blizz and I (probably a little bit of both)... but I am done.

Chances are I am done with this game for good and Blizzard too. I won't say I am gone for sure because I am not a drama queen and never say never. Who knows what the future holds. But I am deeply pissed towards Blizzard and disappointed in their games of late.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:56 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
A) Point to Hearthstone every time people ask what class wardens are, and B) Be a little more comfortable with the wait for Maiev in HotS, even if I don't play Hearthstone. Don't wanna oversaturate certain heroes and shit.
Tyrande's a priest hero; she's not actually a WoW priest, though. She's not a robe-wearing cleric.

WoW's dumb class system is a crummy way to pigeonhole Wardens and Priestesses of the Moon into being things they're not.

Maiev works as the rogue hero in Hearthstone. Hearthstone is a silly game. That's enough for me personally.

Quote:
So Blizz is removing good Vanilla cards like Sylvie, Rag, Azure Drake and so on.

I don't know if this is a money grubbing move so people feel even more forced to buy new expansion shit or simply a difference in design philosophy between Blizz and I (probably a little bit of both)... but I am done.
They aren't 'removing' them. They're putting them in wild, while also supporting the wild format with brawls and Wild format tournaments.

Honestly the cards in question were either gonna get removed, or they were going to get nerfed anyway. They're way, way too over-centralizing as they exist right now. This'll shake up the game and new cards will find their way into the rotation hopefully.

Last edited by Aldrius; 02-17-2017 at 02:58 AM..
Old 02-17-2017, 04:07 AM

Elune

Wild has been a cesspool since day one, I really don't see that changing, well except for the worse. All my experiences there have been very bad. It is full of OP and boring decks and whenever I show up there with my fun oriented decks I get slaughtered. And ofc it will only get worse because just about no new player will ever go to Wild so it will only grow more stagnant and unbalanced.

Anyhow the point is Blizz can't let us casuals and veterans have anything. I would have to grind like crazy or throw money in to remain competitive as is since I lose three expansions to Standard every year. And now even Vanilla cards aren't a safe investment or a sort of cornerstone that lets us casuals and/or returning veterans at least have some decent cards no matter how far we've fallen behind in Standard.

Well, nooope. This just signals that every remotely good vanilla card will eventually be nerfed (or relegated to Wild, some thing really) because they can always pull the "it's too good to be in rotation forever."

When you put together all of the changes since Standard was introduced it just doesn't make for a fun game in my opinion. People who still like it, great for you, but it's just not for me.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:32 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

So, year of the raptor? Year of the Ravasaur? Year of the Dino?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:17 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
So, year of the raptor? Year of the Ravasaur? Year of the Dino?
Year of the Mammoth.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:12 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Year of the Mammoth.
Ok, it's been a while, but are their mammoths in Un'Goro? I associate them with Northrend.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:40 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Horrible decision.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Wild has been a cesspool since day one, I really don't see that changing, well except for the worse. All my experiences there have been very bad. It is full of OP and boring decks and whenever I show up there with my fun oriented decks I get slaughtered. And ofc it will only get worse because just about no new player will ever go to Wild so it will only grow more stagnant and unbalanced.

Anyhow the point is Blizz can't let us casuals and veterans have anything. I would have to grind like crazy or throw money in to remain competitive as is since I lose three expansions to Standard every year. And now even Vanilla cards aren't a safe investment or a sort of cornerstone that lets us casuals and/or returning veterans at least have some decent cards no matter how far we've fallen behind in Standard.

Well, nooope. This just signals that every remotely good vanilla card will eventually be nerfed (or relegated to Wild, some thing really) because they can always pull the "it's too good to be in rotation forever."

When you put together all of the changes since Standard was introduced it just doesn't make for a fun game in my opinion. People who still like it, great for you, but it's just not for me.
With a new set coming, the new game year may bring some changes. Cards that were once staples will pass from standard to wild. Dragon Paladins lose their consorts. Tempo Mages lose flamewalker. Goodbye Thaurissan, Mukla's champion, Murkadin....... and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I use.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
On one hand, my gold welcomes this. On the other hand, sucks for those who haven't played for a while, since that's going to be a huge investment in catching up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Arch-Druid

So I read the blog article on the changes coming with the Year of the Mammoth. My eye was drawn to the picture outlining the plan for the year. The picture for the 1st expansion due in 2nd quarter shows jungle plants, the sort you might find in Un'Goro.

The 2nd shows a circle of arcane runes. My initial thought was Dalaran, but the blue theme might be more in line with Coldara/the Nexus.

The 3rd sports a ripped moneybag, and the background shows more coins with jewels mixed in. Robbers? Treasure? Pirates? I can't pin that down.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 02-20-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-27-2017, 12:25 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Time to Journey to Un'Goro!

Features include:

-A new minion type: elemental (old elemental cards will gain this typing retroactively).

-Quest Cards which require the player do to certain tasks for game-breaking rewards (like giving your hero 40 health).

-New keyword: Adapt. Minions with adapt let you buff them with one of three abilities chosen randomly from a set of ten.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 02-27-2017 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-27-2017, 12:37 PM

Loremaster

Aaaaand now I feel like WoW's in-game Un'goro is criminally underdeveloped.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Aaaaand now I feel like WoW's in-game Un'goro is criminally underdeveloped.
I mean, I'm pretty sure that several Vanilla regions are.
Quote:
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:46 PM

World Builder

Oh my god they're cubscouts

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-27-2017, 02:54 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Wait... Did that pterrorsaur just randomly adapt into a phoenixsaur?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:24 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Wait... Did that pterrorsaur just randomly adapt into a phoenixsaur?
According to a longer, live action trailer, the lore reason for the dinosaurs ability to adapt is because they've been infused with elemental energy from Un'Goro.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
According to a longer, live action trailer, the lore reason for the dinosaurs ability to adapt is because they've been infused with elemental energy from Un'Goro.
Like most of Hearthstone's original lore, that's a concept I wouldn't mind seeing in WoW.

Playable elementals, anyone?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Like most of Hearthstone's original lore, that's a concept I wouldn't mind seeing in WoW.

You want playable everything.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You want playable everything.
Not makrura.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:07 PM

Eternal

Shadowverse is better.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:09 PM

World Builder

Quote:

The Horde could always use more elementally infused animals to help combat the Alliance's super druid-empowered animals and robot-animals and titan-empowered animals.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-27-2017, 10:21 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
The Horde could always use more elementally infused animals to help combat the Alliance's super druid-empowered animals and robot-animals and titan-empowered animals.
Technically, the Horde should also have empowered animals. Id like more Goblin and Gnome rivalry. Kinda like explosions vs lasers maybe.

As for elemental, I think it would be nice if the Horde showed predisposition to Fire and Earth and the Alliance used more Wind and Water.

Tags
black knight best knight, blizz plays pot of greed, brawl is best ever, digimon, exodia, eye of kilrog, new magma rager, pokemon, tcg