Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 PM

Problemsolver

Default Swklbn

Swingerklubben, or SWKLBN, is a musical project me and a group of friends have been working on every once in a while the last five years or so. There's a link at the bottom to the music.
The idea of our project is simple. We get together, have a few drinks, exchange musical thoughts, riffs and chords, and eventually record a song or two. It's all great fun, and the outcome isn't always all bad. Sometimes we even make good songs.
In this project of ours we don't believe in keeping to one instrument, so between every song there's a different setup of artists (if I may be bold enough to call ourselves that) on different instruments. It doesn't matter if you master it or not. We like to think of ourselves as progressive and avant-garde, always looking for new ways to express our most inner passions. We also wear masks to obscure our faces. Or is it our faces that are our true masks? Us swingers aren't certain ourselves. All we know is that our purpose is to constantly push the limits of our songwriting and innovative skills.

I just created a Soundcloud account, and uploaded most of our recorded songs from the collection "Vem var det som sa det där?", some never heard by anyone outside of the ones involved.
So have a listen, why don't ya?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

fhwdgads
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
fhwdgads
Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Swingerklubben, or SWKLBN, is a musical project me and a group of friends have been working on every once in a while the last five years or so. There's a link at the bottom to the music.
The idea of our project is simple. We get together, have a few drinks, exchange musical thoughts, riffs and chords, and eventually record a song or two. It's all great fun, and the outcome isn't always all bad. Sometimes we even make good songs.
In this project of ours we don't believe in keeping to one instrument, so between every song there's a different setup of artists (if I may be bold enough to call ourselves that) on different instruments. It doesn't matter if you master it or not. We like to think of ourselves as progressive and avant-garde, always looking for new ways to express our most inner passions. We also wear masks to obscure our faces. Or is it our faces that are our true masks? Us swingers aren't certain ourselves. All we know is that our purpose is to constantly push the limits of our songwriting and innovative skills.

I just created a Soundcloud account, and uploaded most of our recorded songs from the collection "Vem var det som sa det där?", some never heard by anyone outside of the ones involved.
So have a listen, why don't ya?
You do know that Swingerklubben/the swingerclub means something entirely different?

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:55 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
You do know that Swingerklubben/the swingerclub means something entirely different?
Oh, I'm quite aware of what a swinger club is.
We took that name because we wear masks and want to be anonymous during our musical orgies.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:17 AM

Banished

First two songs remind me of Killimanjaro Dark Jazz Ensemble
I love the psychedelic part in Sten. Not so hot about the beginning or ending though. I might be a bit old fashioned there though in that I prefer my music "straight". Song reminds me of Katzenjammer's first LP, they used to mix clashing styles as well. By now they only mix similar styles and I like them a lot more.
Svek is pretty awesome. Except for the god awful mic.
Akes Sista Sang. Haha, no idea what to say. Pretty indie? But it's good.

I also have no fucking idea what your song titles mean.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 AM

Eternal Watcher

I'll translate for you.

Ensam: Alone
Skåne: Scania
Sten: Stone
Svek: Letting someone down. lighter betrayal etc
Åkes Sista Sång: Åke's Last Song

Edit: Your singer sure sings with an extreme scanian dialect. Most goes more mainstream swedish when they sing.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 09-05-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Banished

Ensam and Sten were pretty obvious (yay same language family) but thanks for the rest!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Sten: Stone (but it's also a name, which is what the song refers to.)

Edit: Your singer sure sings with an extreme scanian dialect. Most goes more mainstream swedish when they sing.
With inspiration from Peps Persson, Mikael Wiehe, Kal P Dahl and Edvard Persson, among others, who can blame us?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
With inspiration from Peps Persson, Mikael Wiehe, Kal P Dahl and Edvard Persson, among others, who can blame us?
I actually wrote that it's also a name at first but I removed that.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!