Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 01:50 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
Hasn't she always been able to make skeletons since WC3? Also think that same ability is used when players attack her in-game.
Never seen her raise the dead en masse. In the scenario it looks like she raises a lot of them all at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 04-21-2018, 01:58 AM

Loremaster

Where was that shit at the Broken Shore?

Christ, these characters are worthless.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:31 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Where was that shit at the Broken Shore?

Christ, these characters are worthless.
Contrivance.

Contrivance Everywhere.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:14 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

The question in my head is, where do we go from all this? If they dont end the faction war and system, and keep it just for gameplay purposes, i dont see how can they come out of this looking good.

... its gonna be old gods, sint it? old gods makes us forget everything and join forces
Old 04-21-2018, 05:38 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Fordragon chick is perfect waifu for king wrynn.
I'm afraid that may be the reason for her. Aggra feels. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Whoa, Jaina is pulling a serious Sith Lady look there on the 4th cutscene, with her hood up. It's eerily reminiscent of Darth Traya, from KotOR. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
That little chat between Saurfang and Anduin leads ke to believe Saurfang is going to be involved in taking down Sylvanas 100%. Restoring honour indeed.
It fits perfectly with Saurfang asking to be taken to Anduin after the Horde Stockades scenario. It was said that the most recent build doesn't have that line, but with it appearing in the cinematic, I think it will eventually made it into live.

Which means
shall happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
The question in my head is, where do we go from all this? If they dont end the faction war and system, and keep it just for gameplay purposes, i dont see how can they come out of this looking good.

... its gonna be old gods, sint it? old gods makes us forget everything and join forces
Obviously.

I mean, come on, it's not even a surprise. There was hints of N'zoth and explicit mention of Azshara ever since the beginning. Obviously this is not going to end is a satisfying way. Did people REALLY think there were going all out with the Faction War? It's just...
Old 04-21-2018, 05:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Never seen her raise the dead en masse. In the scenario it looks like she raises a lot of them all at once.
Skeletons =/= mindful undead. We never see her raise skeletons in a story, so who’s to say what her limit is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:07 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Obviously.

I mean, come on, it's not even a surprise. There was hints of N'zoth and explicit mention of Azshara ever since the beginning. Obviously this is not going to end is a satisfying way. Did people REALLY think there were going all out with the Faction War? It's just...
I was hoping they would do something different, instead of doing Cataclysm, but this time with Aszhara instead of Deathwing. Im half-expecting Saurfang to do the same things VolJin did in MoP against Garry.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:14 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Yeah i was more referring to it existing at all, but it does seem to have been largely ignored as a thing ingame.

I kinda feel like her being able to raise that many skeletons just makes the Val'kyr look redundant, unless they're only going to stick with her being able to raise lesser undead which i feel still waters down how important the Val'kyr apparantly were to her.

Last edited by Sanctus; 04-21-2018 at 06:18 AM..
Old 04-21-2018, 06:27 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
Yeah i was more referring to it existing at all, but it does seem to have been largely ignored as a thing ingame.

I kinda feel like her being able to raise that many skeletons just makes the Val'kyr look redundant, unless they're only going to stick with her being able to raise lesser undead which i feel still waters down how important the Val'kyr apparantly were to her.
She still needs the Val'kyr to raise her from eventual deaths, though. That is their main point.

I think the greater problem with the "Raise Undead" ability is that it could have turned some of her canon defeats around, and it wouldn't make sense for her not to use them. Except if they explain it away like something she picked up from the Val'kyr recently, or something like that.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So since when is Sylvanas capable of raising the dead by herself, and how is she considered such a threat on her own that she manages to push back someone like Malfurion when she saves Saurfang? Am I misssing something here, because plot armor should only go so far.
Sylvanas learned from Alleria that she, too, can have lessons in some forbidden magic school off-panel and now has "whatever the plot demands" powers, only undead-themed.

Now waiting for Vereesa to get her own asspull powers. Maybe she studies the Storm Staff of Antonidas off-panel and becomes Goddess of Thunder or something...

But seriously, I'll just handwave those skeletons as her calling the val'kyr to do that. It's probably less taxing for them to raise lowly undead than intelligent ones like Forsaken.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-21-2018, 07:38 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
old gods makes us forget everything and join forces
We can only hope. Frankly i don't see the Faction Bullshit going away, we'd need other people in charge at Blizzard for that. Best case scenario we get one expansion of peace, one expansion of forgetting why Faction War is Faction Bullshit. Although the Horde seems to be running out of evil characters once we kill Sylvanas.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:55 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
We can only hope. Frankly i don't see the Faction Bullshit going away, we'd need other people in charge at Blizzard for that. Best case scenario we get one expansion of peace, one expansion of forgetting why Faction War is Faction Bullshit. Although the Horde seems to be running out of evil characters once we kill Sylvanas.
I'm starting to think the war might keep going on past BfA. They've mentioned at BlizzCon that the basic plot of the expansion (at least until the inevitable Old God redirection) is that the Horde basically controls Kalimdor, the Alliance basically controls the Eastern Kingdoms, with the Great Sea standing in the way of the war escalating any further, hence why they're trying to recruit nations with powerful navies.

So I think there's a real possibility BfA might end in a standoff. Horde has Kalimdor, Alliance has EK, with the Kul Tiran and Zandalari fleets protecting each continent. This would allow future expansions to have a sort of "cold war" feel that would allow PVP stuff to happen while not causing plot holes like Ashran.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Sylvanas learned from Alleria that she, too, can have lessons in some forbidden magic school off-panel and now has "whatever the plot demands" powers, only undead-themed.

Now waiting for Vereesa to get her own asspull powers. Maybe she studies the Storm Staff of Antonidas off-panel and becomes Goddess of Thunder or something...

But seriously, I'll just handwave those skeletons as her calling the val'kyr to do that. It's probably less taxing for them to raise lowly undead than intelligent ones like Forsaken.
Sylvanas has been raising skeletons since Vanilla.
She never raised SENTIENT UNDEAD WITH A INDEPENDENT WILL before the Val'kyr.

It's not hard.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:06 PM

Elune

It should be noted that one of the abilities Sylvanas uses if you attack her in Undercity is Raise Skeleton, which raises 5 of them.

So she's been able to raise several of them, at least.

The large amount of skeletons is a bit much yes but I would say its well within her abilities.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Yeah, raising Skeletons isn’t exactly advanced level necromancy. It shouldn’t be outside her abilities.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:05 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Skeletons =/= mindful undead. We never see her raise skeletons in a story, so who’s to say what her limit is?
I've seen this claim passed around quite a bit lately and I haven't seen where people are getting this distinction. You seem to be making the claim at the moment, would you mind sharing what your basis is for it?
Old 04-22-2018, 08:22 PM

Eternal

Sylvanas always summoned skeletons in WoW with her Black Arrow ability since like Vanilla. That's always been a thing for her.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:31 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Sylvanas always summoned skeletons in WoW with her Black Arrow ability since like Vanilla. That's always been a thing for her.
She also does it in The End Time.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

https://imgur.com/a/g47goEx

Apparently the Horde isn't against being plagued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:44 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Horde Flag

Ironically, Sylvanas' Elven Horde is essentially Doomhammer's Horde, only portraying mindfulness.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:45 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

So what exactly do we know about Battle for Azeroth’s patch cycle? I haven’t been able to keep up as well as I’d like, but I’ve at least heard that Zandalari and Tirassians are planned to be patched in some time after release, and eventually we’re facing off with Azshara. It seems to me that we could put both of those in the same patch pretty easily. I’m also hoping Blizzard does player ships at that point. I mean it’s the perfect time for it.

Do we know anything else about BfA’s patches?
Old 04-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Mountain Giant

We know Azshara is BfA's Gul'dan. So we should defeat her at the of 8.2, and there should be or or two patches after that. Probably just one.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:43 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
We know Azshara is BfA's Gul'dan. So we should defeat her at the of 8.2, and there should be or or two patches after that. Probably just one.
Hmmmmm......... and I was thinking the Zandalari and the Tirassians would be 8.1. So either they won’t be as early as I’d thought, or they won’t all be of the same naval themed patch...........

What abou Kezan? I’ve heard a bit about a dungeon or a raid there, but is that something the Devs talked about, or is that just wishful thinking?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Ironically, Sylvanas' Elven Horde is essentially Doomhammer's Horde, only portraying mindfulness.
>Sylvanas
>mindful

bruh
Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
What abou Kezan? I’ve heard a bit about a dungeon or a raid there, but is that something the Devs talked about, or is that just wishful thinking?
The Kezan dungeon was officially revealed at BlizzCon along with the other Battle for Azeroth dungeons. Wowpedia has most of the information we currently know about it, including all the bosses and subzone names. (Mogul Razdunk is the final boss.)
However, Blizzard keeps changing the name of the instance. It was at one point called "The Undermine", but later its name was changed to "The Motherlode", and then yet another time to what I believe is the current name, "The MOTHERLODE!!".

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft