Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Still a dumb title and still have to deal with faction war and, from the sound of the raids, old gods pulling the strings because muahaha evil, but everything else looks great.

I can finally play a straight-backed troll! Vol'jin and Bwonsamdi! Jaina's not a villain! Pirate dungeon! The spooky forest zone on Kul Tiras is probably my favorite. I bet you the missing nobles are vampires or something.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Zomg Zandalari Zarlock I'm gushing.
What race to play my Rogue to skulk the battlefield and take Alliance spines and skulls.
GLORIOUS MURDER!
Old 11-03-2017, 01:57 PM

Ranger

Well faction war it is.

With Horde Burning Tel'drasiil for...some reason.

Maybe if they just keep it as bland as possible with no Sycophantic yesmanning I'll be able to stomach it.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:59 PM

Arch-Druid

There was a straight-back orc in the trailer (over the lookout of a boat). For one instant, I thought we would have them. They said nothing about improved customization, thought. Oh, well...

At least I got my high elves. Sorta.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-03-2017, 02:00 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
Also wtf are void elves?
They're like... Elves that are like... Goth and stuff. Because clearly we needed more sub races of a race that was almost extinct than was almost extinct again and completely unrepresented in the game so far. I mean, they look alright, but it feels pretty fucking dumb. Even more so since they are entirely unestablished. So we have Highborne and Nightelves that split, Highborne that remain Nightelven from draining a Demon, Highborne, Naga (atleast this one is interesting, High Elves that still like nature, Bloodelves that drained Demons and Naruu to keep being like elves since they were almost wiped out, a faction of them that went to Outland, a smaller group that didn't and became Crackelves, a group that were killed and became vampires from a Vrykul curse up in north rend, Highborn that went and locked themselves away become Nightborn and now Void Elves, which I'm guessing are an even smaller population of elves that like, were with Alleria and some how got lost in the void and turned to using the void to deal with their totally insanely in terms of conceptualization magic addition or whatever. It's, not knowing a lot... really fucking goofy ass shit.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 11-03-2017 at 02:06 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Wisp

Ugh, another faction war?

I bet the expansion is gonna go like this. One or two patches of pure faction war (that just suddenly shows up) until the big baddie (Old Gods) show up and we will have to once again put aside our difference for like the fourth time to fight the big baddie.

Also, logistically, how the hell is the Alliance or the Horde still around. In the last 20ish years they have fought around 5 or 6 global life-ending wars. How the hell do they still have any manpower or economy to function? And how the hell is the Horde gonna burn down Teldrassil?
Old 11-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Elune

Void elves. Glorious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:04 PM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

I really hope the void elves get normal skin and hair color options. Right now they look identical to the death knight blood elves, even their ears get darker at the tips.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:06 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by korton View Post
How the hell do they still have any manpower or economy to function?
Lack of condoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korton View Post
And how the hell is the Horde gonna burn down Teldrassil?
Lots of matches.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah I'm getting kind of a MoP 2.0 vibe from this. More down to earth stories in the zones, faction war, Old God stuff that will probably be the basis of the final raid.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
It makes sense when you consider they were nerfed in the transition from WC3 to WoW.
True. Sometimes I don't remember that because they keep using them to save Azeroth from time to time.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Eternal

I can't believe Vol'jin is an urn leak was right.

But with us getting Bwonsamdi on our side in the swamp horde zone we'll prob rez him.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Not sure why we are going back to the faction war. It's like nobody learned anything from MoP. I mean, I dig faction war but not when it's done like this.

Otherwise I am interested in the heritage armor set. Maybe we are finally going to get faction themed armor again.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Need more character slots. Already at 44.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:22 PM

(╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

So, the Alliance takes Lordaeron back, but loses Teldrassil?

I'd make that trade any day of the week...
Old 11-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Island Expeditions reminds me of Argus Invasion Points in form and function: Small, short PvE encounters in varied locations.

Apparently there was mention of plans for additional ally races in future patches.
Also, I hope we can change existing characters, gotta make my Dwarf a Dark Iron, waited so long for this.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:28 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
I really hope the void elves get normal skin and hair color options. Right now they look identical to the death knight blood elves, even their ears get darker at the tips.
I hope so as well. That or a Two-Forms like racial. Even Alleria can look like a normal High Elf on command.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:36 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
So, the Alliance takes Lordaeron back, but loses Teldrassil?

I'd make that trade any day of the week...
All hail King Anduin the Reclaimer, Deliverer of Lordaeron.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
I can't believe Vol'jin is an urn leak was right.

But with us getting Bwonsamdi on our side in the swamp horde zone we'll prob rez him.
Part of a Shaman's duties is to commune with the ancestors, isn't it? Thrall may have upset the elements, but he can still do that. He might not have the Doomhammer, but now he's got a pot of his old pal, who probably knows Death magic better than Thrall. Being the servant of a Death Loa and all.

I'm thinking Thrall will probably be acting on Vol'jin's behalf in this expansion, following his instructions or some such kind of thing. Maybe even helping Thrall wield another sort of magic.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:45 PM

Arch-Druid

At 1:53, the battlefront display.
Is that... Stromgarde?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Faerie Dragon

I hope this expansion turns out like Legion, little information on the reveal but a lot of depth at the end.
I mean...if Teldrassil is going to get destroyed...does that mean that the night elves will have a new capital? are they going to remake some zones of the old world? Is Lordaeron going to be a new alliance capital? too many questions.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

Is that... Stromgarde?
Yes.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

Is that... Stromgarde?
Must be, a few seconds before that when the Horde grunts start running out you can see Thoradin's wall on the right.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:52 PM

Elune

Really gonna be an interesting test to see if Blizzard will actually commit to major territorial changes or if they'll chicken out in the end
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies´┐Ż strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night´┐Ż live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Mountain Giant

Alright, gentlemen, THE HYPE IS ON.

This looks worse than I'd like but better than I expected, which is... Precisely what an expansion should be, in my opinion.

Random thoughts:

- It was nice to see a lot of races on the armies of each faction on that cinematic, instead of just generic humans versus generic orcs.

- Anduin's face looks rounder/softer/younger in this than his model in Legion. He looked older there. He's supposed to be what, seventeen at Legion, eighteen-ish by now? He looks fourteen here. Far too young.

- Also, he looks extraordinarily competent with that sword for someone who was a "disappointment" to Varian in the warrior arts.

- OTOH, that massive barrier is exactly what I expected of him. That scene was awesome.

- Tel'drassil burning? One continent for each faction? WTF? Unless they redesign all of the old world, massively, and also the starting experiences of each race, I don't see how this can work, except as scenarios or other instanced content.

- And that's only on the "gameplay" level. On that Lore level that is such a clusterf*** I'm not even going there.

- Horde seems to have better nice things. Nightborne, Zandalari, Zandalar... I would roll a Horde char just to play as a Zandalari troll. Alliance side doesn't look as good, but that may be just first impression.

- Those snake people look AWESOME. Next playable race, please.

- Really, though, what will be the next Night Elf starting zone? They wouldn't do phasing to that level, would they?

EDIT: The Allied Races page has this particular blurb: "Once an Allied Race is recruited, you can rediscover Azeroth through a revamped leveling experience featuring zones that scale as your character grows in power". Could it be that they really revamped the old world as a dynamic level zones, like I was daydreaming about in the other thread? I can't really believe it...

Last edited by Patrick_C; 11-03-2017 at 02:59 PM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft