Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
He is not bad from the couple of his videos I saw. He is quite informed and fairly unbiased. At the very least he should not be discounted out of hand.
Can anyone truly be unbiased and if they can aren't they just uninvested which would be a bad thing?
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Everyone left on SoL is an asshole so I don't see your point. Anyone that's kind inevitability says fuck it and leaves the site or loses their mind like Gurzog.
I don't think that's the case.
Old Today, 02:06 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
He is not bad from the couple of his videos I saw. He is quite informed and fairly unbiased. At the very least he should not be discounted out of hand.
He seems unbiased only because he's neither republican nor democrat. He's a libertarian civic nationalist, that is what he is biased towards.He bashed Clinton, he bashed Bush, he bashed Obama and he will most likely bash Trump when he feels it's necessary.
I do not like drug users or drugs overall but I can look past that because of the merit of his words.
So far his accuracy has been at near 95% which is why I value his analysis of current events and politics. also because of his vast knowledge of more unorthodox things.

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Old Today, 02:07 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I don't think that's the case.
Hey I didn't ask for your opinion asshole!
Old Today, 03:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Can anyone truly be unbiased and if they can aren't they just uninvested which would be a bad thing?
I said fairly, as Yask correctly points out he is biased toward civic nationalism which is unsurprisingly what he stands for.

And imo being unbiased isn't so much having no opinion on the matter but being able to look at both sides as they see themselves and proceed from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
He seems unbiased only because he's neither republican nor democrat. He's a libertarian civic nationalist, that is what he is biased towards.He bashed Clinton, he bashed Bush, he bashed Obama and he will most likely bash Trump when he feels it's necessary.
I do not like drug users or drugs overall but I can look past that because of the merit of his words.
So far his accuracy has been at near 95% which is why I value his analysis of current events and politics. also because of his vast knowledge of more unorthodox things.
Not quite what I mean. The Dems vs Reps is an extremely limited viewpoint as you know so not being bound by that is no great feat. No, what I meant was that he can step away from things and look at them in a rational light which is always a sign of wisdom. It's perhaps the greatest issue in politics and it has even gripped this forum strongly, people just can't accept that other people might come to a different conclusion while still being decent people and everyone starts dealing in absolutes. That leaves no room for understanding or empathy or compromise. It's not a good situation.

As for his breadth of knowledge, he is quite good. The only time I saw him lacking was when he was talking about the Balkans but even then he played to his strengths and focused on Putin and the international angle so that is smart. And ofc to him the Balkans are tangential subject and to me a quite integral one so that I would easily spot his misconceptions is understandable.

Last edited by C9H20; Today at 03:51 AM..
Old Today, 08:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Hey I didn't ask for your opinion asshole!
I give and I give and this is what I get?
Old Today, 11:15 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster.
Which is interesting because I would read a 5 minutes article.
Old Today, 11:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster
I guess that makes me the exception, does this make me part Mongol?
Old Today, 12:01 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Everyone left on SoL is an asshole so I don't see your point. Anyone that's kind inevitability says fuck it and leaves the site or loses their mind like Gurzog.
Yay! I have a character trait!

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old Today, 12:14 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
I guess that makes me the exception, does this make me part Mongol?
Do you have some Hungarians in your family tree ?
Old Today, 12:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster.
Which is interesting because I would read a 5 minutes article.
Yea I just don't want yo watch a video. Give me some text and i may skim it.
Old Today, 12:48 PM

Elune

ohh man, the "journo" who "exposed" pewdiepie
“Disguised in a handlebar mustache with a ten gallon hat hanging low against his brow, Loki moseyed into Odin's party, despite the fact that he wasn't invited. Being dressed like Juan Valdez in a room full of people dawning Viking braids and pointy horned hats, however, tended to call attention to oneself. Odin's wife, Frigg, noticed Loki the moment that he stepped through the door, “What the Hel are you doing here? You weren't invited.”
Old Today, 01:14 PM

Eternal Watcher

When I'm at home I got videos like his, stuff from about a hundred or more other guys or various documentaries and news reports running on my large screen tv 24/7.

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Old Today, 01:14 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

How many times do we have to say this. Two idiots sitting in a tree accusing each other of stupidity doesn't change the fact that they're both still idiots.

PDP made a stupid decision to post anti-semitic content, regardless of his personal feelings about it. The stupid decision was caught by someone who wrote and could be anti-semitic, and spread across the internet.

Both were in the wrong. Both deserve to take their licks. End of story.

Quote:
Yea I just don't want yo watch a video. Give me some text and i may skim it.
Pretty much this. I don't want to listen to a guy sitting and rambling on about shit week to week. It's talk radio all over again. Make a concise story, give me easy access to his sources, and give me a top-line summary of why it's important. No transcript and no sources, I don't have time to waste on every know-it-all on Youtube claiming they've solved the current world crisis.

The Mad Admin
Old Today, 01:47 PM

Eternal Watcher

As I have said before when people get butthurt over the videos and links that I post, I couldn't give a rats ass. If you're literally bleeding out of your anus than bleed to death for all I care. If there's just one other person looking at the stuff I post then that is perfectly fine.
I actually find it hilarious that some take the time to voice how butthurt they are.

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Old Today, 01:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
As I have said before when people get butthurt over the videos and links that I post, I couldn't give a rats ass. If you're literally bleeding out of your anus than bleed to death for all I care. If there's just one other person looking at the stuff I post then that is perfectly fine.
I actually find it hilarious that some take the time to voice how butthurt they are.
I dunno you seem to be the butthurt one. Don't deny it either as I have surveillance footage of you rubbing your ass and am currently making a 5 minute long video that explains how that ass rubbing means your butt hurts.
Old Today, 02:21 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
I dunno you seem to be the butthurt one. Don't deny it either as I have surveillance footage of you rubbing your ass and am currently making a 5 minute long video that explains how that ass rubbing means your butt hurts.
If you want to know, I was just taking a long and nice shit.

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Old Today, 02:51 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
If you want to know, I was just taking a long and nice shit.
I don't think that means what you think it means.

The Mad Admin
Old Today, 03:46 PM

Eternal Watcher

Last minute is the best.

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Old Today, 04:58 PM

Eternal

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Dude, nobody cares about some annoying Swedish youtuber except you. It's like public breastfeeding; Nobody cares about it except the people who make a big deal about defending it.
Member #14

Drunken Heathen of SoL

Tags
bolvar gonna spam, bukkake, errthang be whiteys fault, flamebait, our goldmine collapsed, spam thread 2.0, we wuz kangz n shiet, white men dindu nuffin, you ruined it