Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7976  
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 9,937,493

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
He is not bad from the couple of his videos I saw. He is quite informed and fairly unbiased. At the very least he should not be discounted out of hand.
Can anyone truly be unbiased and if they can aren't they just uninvested which would be a bad thing?
Reply With Quote
  #7977  
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,057

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Everyone left on SoL is an asshole so I don't see your point. Anyone that's kind inevitability says fuck it and leaves the site or loses their mind like Gurzog.
I don't think that's the case.
Reply With Quote
  #7978  
Old Today, 02:06 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,295
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
He is not bad from the couple of his videos I saw. He is quite informed and fairly unbiased. At the very least he should not be discounted out of hand.
He seems unbiased only because he's neither republican nor democrat. He's a libertarian civic nationalist, that is what he is biased towards.He bashed Clinton, he bashed Bush, he bashed Obama and he will most likely bash Trump when he feels it's necessary.
I do not like drug users or drugs overall but I can look past that because of the merit of his words.
So far his accuracy has been at near 95% which is why I value his analysis of current events and politics. also because of his vast knowledge of more unorthodox things.
__________________

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #7979  
Old Today, 02:07 AM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20,714
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
I don't think that's the case.
Hey I didn't ask for your opinion asshole!
Reply With Quote
  #7980  
Old Today, 03:48 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,236

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Can anyone truly be unbiased and if they can aren't they just uninvested which would be a bad thing?
I said fairly, as Yask correctly points out he is biased toward civic nationalism which is unsurprisingly what he stands for.

And imo being unbiased isn't so much having no opinion on the matter but being able to look at both sides as they see themselves and proceed from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
He seems unbiased only because he's neither republican nor democrat. He's a libertarian civic nationalist, that is what he is biased towards.He bashed Clinton, he bashed Bush, he bashed Obama and he will most likely bash Trump when he feels it's necessary.
I do not like drug users or drugs overall but I can look past that because of the merit of his words.
So far his accuracy has been at near 95% which is why I value his analysis of current events and politics. also because of his vast knowledge of more unorthodox things.
Not quite what I mean. The Dems vs Reps is an extremely limited viewpoint as you know so not being bound by that is no great feat. No, what I meant was that he can step away from things and look at them in a rational light which is always a sign of wisdom. It's perhaps the greatest issue in politics and it has even gripped this forum strongly, people just can't accept that other people might come to a different conclusion while still being decent people and everyone starts dealing in absolutes. That leaves no room for understanding or empathy or compromise. It's not a good situation.

As for his breadth of knowledge, he is quite good. The only time I saw him lacking was when he was talking about the Balkans but even then he played to his strengths and focused on Putin and the international angle so that is smart. And ofc to him the Balkans are tangential subject and to me a quite integral one so that I would easily spot his misconceptions is understandable.

Last edited by C9H20; Today at 03:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #7981  
Old Today, 08:45 AM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,057

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Hey I didn't ask for your opinion asshole!
I give and I give and this is what I get?
Reply With Quote
  #7982  
Old Today, 11:15 AM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Keeper of the Grove
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 655

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
He is not bad from the couple of his videos I saw. He is quite informed and fairly unbiased. At the very least he should not be discounted out of hand.
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster.
Which is interesting because I would read a 5 minutes article.
Reply With Quote
  #7983  
Old Today, 11:33 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,236

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster
I guess that makes me the exception, does this make me part Mongol?
Reply With Quote
  #7984  
Old Today, 12:01 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Everyone left on SoL is an asshole so I don't see your point. Anyone that's kind inevitability says fuck it and leaves the site or loses their mind like Gurzog.
Yay! I have a character trait!
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #7985  
Old Today, 12:14 PM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Keeper of the Grove
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 655

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
I guess that makes me the exception, does this make me part Mongol?
Do you have some Hungarians in your family tree ?
Reply With Quote
  #7986  
Old Today, 12:18 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20,714
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
I think the problem is not the guy but the fact that nobody will watch a 5 minute video to understand the point of the poster.
Which is interesting because I would read a 5 minutes article.
Yea I just don't want yo watch a video. Give me some text and i may skim it.
Reply With Quote
  #7987  
Old Today, 12:48 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is online now

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 19,158

Default



ohh man, the "journo" who "exposed" pewdiepie
__________________
“Disguised in a handlebar mustache with a ten gallon hat hanging low against his brow, Loki moseyed into Odin's party, despite the fact that he wasn't invited. Being dressed like Juan Valdez in a room full of people dawning Viking braids and pointy horned hats, however, tended to call attention to oneself. Odin's wife, Frigg, noticed Loki the moment that he stepped through the door, “What the Hel are you doing here? You weren't invited.”
Reply With Quote
  #7988  
Old Today, 01:14 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,295
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

When I'm at home I got videos like his, stuff from about a hundred or more other guys or various documentaries and news reports running on my large screen tv 24/7.
__________________

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #7989  
Old Today, 01:14 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 9,796
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

How many times do we have to say this. Two idiots sitting in a tree accusing each other of stupidity doesn't change the fact that they're both still idiots.

PDP made a stupid decision to post anti-semitic content, regardless of his personal feelings about it. The stupid decision was caught by someone who wrote and could be anti-semitic, and spread across the internet.

Both were in the wrong. Both deserve to take their licks. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Yea I just don't want yo watch a video. Give me some text and i may skim it.
Pretty much this. I don't want to listen to a guy sitting and rambling on about shit week to week. It's talk radio all over again. Make a concise story, give me easy access to his sources, and give me a top-line summary of why it's important. No transcript and no sources, I don't have time to waste on every know-it-all on Youtube claiming they've solved the current world crisis.
__________________
Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

The Mad Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7990  
Old Today, 01:47 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,295
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

As I have said before when people get butthurt over the videos and links that I post, I couldn't give a rats ass. If you're literally bleeding out of your anus than bleed to death for all I care. If there's just one other person looking at the stuff I post then that is perfectly fine.
I actually find it hilarious that some take the time to voice how butthurt they are.
__________________

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #7991  
Old Today, 01:51 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20,714
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
As I have said before when people get butthurt over the videos and links that I post, I couldn't give a rats ass. If you're literally bleeding out of your anus than bleed to death for all I care. If there's just one other person looking at the stuff I post then that is perfectly fine.
I actually find it hilarious that some take the time to voice how butthurt they are.
I dunno you seem to be the butthurt one. Don't deny it either as I have surveillance footage of you rubbing your ass and am currently making a 5 minute long video that explains how that ass rubbing means your butt hurts.
Reply With Quote
  #7992  
Old Today, 02:21 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,295
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I dunno you seem to be the butthurt one. Don't deny it either as I have surveillance footage of you rubbing your ass and am currently making a 5 minute long video that explains how that ass rubbing means your butt hurts.
If you want to know, I was just taking a long and nice shit.
__________________

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #7993  
Old Today, 02:51 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 9,796
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
If you want to know, I was just taking a long and nice shit.
I don't think that means what you think it means.
__________________
Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

The Mad Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7994  
Old Today, 03:46 PM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,295
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default


Last minute is the best.
__________________

Say no to Genocide!
Save the nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #7995  
Old Today, 04:58 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is online now

Eternal
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,963

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Dude, nobody cares about some annoying Swedish youtuber except you. It's like public breastfeeding; Nobody cares about it except the people who make a big deal about defending it.
__________________
Member #14

Drunken Heathen of SoL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bolvar gonna spam, bukkake, errthang be whiteys fault, flamebait, our goldmine collapsed, spam thread 2.0, we wuz kangz n shiet, white men dindu nuffin, you ruined it

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.