Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 02:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
Enough of your excuses and wishy washy nonsense. It's either arcane energy is literally the lifeblood of a titan OR it's not. It's either a titan is a world or a titan isn't a world. It's either a world with arcane energies is a titan or it's not. You're acting as if there are exceptions and that only some worlds with the "lifeblood of a titan" are titans. Like, who the fuck are you? Matt Burns? You don't get to claim there are exceptions to a rule that ultimately states that I'm right UNLESS you want me to mess with you. If arcane energy is literally the lifeblood of a titan and a titan is a world, a word with arcane energy is a titan. No exceptions. No excuses. If arcane energy isn't literally the lifeblood of a titan, we can drop this conversation right now.
Water is literally the lifeblood of a human. I makes a large portion of our bodies, and without it, we die. Yet, not every instance of water is a human or even related to humans. Or are you now going to claim that water is not literally the lifeblood of a human or that every instance of water is a human?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:25 AM

Chimaera

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
3) Disproven. Since arcane energies are not necessarily the lifeblood of a titan, not every instance of arcane energies needs to be the lifeblood of a titan. Since not every instance of arcane energies needs to be the lifeblood of a titan, a world can have arcane energies without being a titan, even if arcane energies make the lifeblood of a titan.

Thus, Argus doesn't have to be a titan even if arcane energies are the lifeblood of a titan.
"Learning basic syllogisms with Warcraft!
Recommended age: 5-9"

Quote:
words.
Socrates was a human being.
Does it make other human beings Socrates?

It's the bottom, mate. You've gone too far.

Last edited by Thornedale; 02-09-2017 at 02:28 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 AM

Banished

Quote:
water is not necessarily the lifeblood of a human
Quote:
Water is literally the lifeblood of a human.
Stop necessarily contradicting yourself to make me appear as the one presenting fallacious claims you lying idiot.

Quote:
arcane energies are not necessarily the lifeblood of a titan.
Quote:
Since not every instance of arcane energies needs to be the lifeblood of a titan, a world can have arcane energies without being a titan, even if arcane energies make the lifeblood of a titan.

Thus, Argus doesn't have to be a titan even if arcane energies are the lifeblood of a titan.
Whether arcane energy is the lifeblood of a titan or not isn't a matter of if, you lying sicko. You stated that arcane energies are not necessarily the lifeblood of a titan and so arcane energies are not the lifeblood of a titan unless you're necessarily a liar who will do a 180 by claiming that that arcane energy is literally the lifeblood of a titan because the Chronicle states so.

We should all know what you're doing at this point, you warped soul. You're claiming that arcane energies aren't the lifeblood of a titan because non-titans can have arcane energies then acting as if arcane energies are the lifeblood of a titan, inferring that a world can have the lifeblood (arcane energy) of a titan without being a titan (a world that has arcane energy). That's a fallacy and undeniably absurd.

Basically, you're claiming that a world can have the lifeblood of a titan (a world) even though it's not a titan (a world that has arcane energy). So not only are you contradicting yourself, lying, and presenting fallacious claims, you're also making up excuses. You should be ashamed of yourself and go back to school to learn simple analogies. All titanic beings are arcane beings, not all arcane beings are titanic. Just because titanic constructs are constructed with a titan's elements and channel the lifeblood of a titan doesn't mean titanic constructs are titans. Titanic constructs, as with all creatures that originate from a titan, are technically arcane creatures related to a titan in that they share the same arcane energy or lifeblood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornedale View Post
Socrates was a human being.
Does it make other human beings Socrates?

It's the bottom, mate. You've gone too far.
Did I imply or state that humans beings are Socrates because Socrates was a human being? No, I didn't. Your question is something you should ask to Marthen instead of me since he seems to be having a problem with the whole "all apples are fruits, not all fruits are apples" analogy.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 04:01 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 AM

Eternal

You fools, why are you speaking to the deadlight?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:46 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
You fools, why are you speaking to the deadlight?
They need to hone their necromantic arts.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:23 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Except, it's not a logical fallacy because I concluded that Argus isn't a titan unless arcane energy - something it has - is literally the lifeblood of a titan. You seem to be having a difficult time understanding that if the lifeblood of a titan is literally arcane energy, a world with arcane energy as its blood is literally a titan. I didn't state that arcane energy is the lifeblood of a titan as definitive fact, so watching you falsely accuse me of presenting logical fallacies has got me rolling. I don't see any of my posts above claiming Argus and Draenor are titans as definitive fact and that's because I don't believe they're titans.
So you do believe that Draenor has leylines but no world soul?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:32 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Wink

Normally I would just ignore this conversation and move on, but... I dunno I feel like chiming in today.

Look, Necrophotic, when something is refereed to as lifeblood it is either literally blood or it's a metaphor. In the latter case, referring to something as lifeblood just implies that it is necessary/vital to the existence/life of another thing.

Water is literally a lifeblood of humans, since we can't survive without it. Water isn't literally the blood of humans. In the same vein, arcane energies are literally a lifeblood of titans, just like Chronicle states, but not literally their blood.

Just like water can exist outside of the human body despite being a lifeblood of humans, arcane energies can exist outside of the body of a titan. Hence, while "water/arcane is literally the lifeblood of an human/a titan", "water/arcane is not necessarily the lifeblood of an human/a titan" since water can be found outside of humans.

And now, onward to greener pastures!
Old 02-09-2017, 07:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Normally I would just ignore this conversation and move on, but... I dunno I feel like chiming in today.
You would normally just ignore and be ignorant? That doesn't come with any surprise.

Quote:
when something is refereed to as lifeblood it is either literally blood or it's a metaphor. In the latter case, referring to something as lifeblood just implies that it is necessary/vital to the existence/life of another thing.
Look, Nazja, you're stating the obvious.

Quote:
Water is literally a lifeblood of humans
Marthen would have you believe otherwise:

Quote:
water is not necessarily the lifeblood of a human
^Marthen states that water is not the lifeblood of a human, seemingly conflicting with your claim. Perhaps you should discuss with him whether he is treating the term lifeblood as a metaphor or as literal blood? I'm making it perfectly clear that I'm not treating arcane energy as the literal blood of a titan.

Quote:
we can't survive without it.
No shit sherlock. I didn't imply or state that we can't.

Quote:
arcane energies are literally a lifeblood of titans, just like Chronicle states, but not literally their blood.
I never stated that arcane energies are literally the titans' blood. The fact that the term lifeblood doesn't have to mean actual blood is something I already know.

Quote:
Jwater can exist outside of the human body despite being a lifeblood of humans
What's with you stating the obvious?

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:24 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 08:01 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
This is a logical error. Arcane being the lifeblood of a titan is a definitive fact per Chronicle, so just how can a world have the lifeblood of a titan (which is a world) without being a titan (or a world with arcane)?
The same way water is the foundational building block of life, but the presence of water on a planet doesn't mean there's life on the planet.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
The same way water is the foundational building block of life, but the presence of water on a planet doesn't mean there's life on the planet.
Fallacy. This is World of Warcraft and in World of Warcraft, even water can have a spirit (or life). Dismissed.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Fallacy. This is World of Warcraft and in World of Warcraft, even water can have a spirit (or life). Dismissed.
Your data says "If A, then B", and you're saying "Therefore if B, then A".

You are literally engaging in a non-sequitur.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:10 AM

Banished

Quote:
Your data says "If A, then B",
No it doesn't.

Quote:
you're saying "Therefore if B, then A".
Oh no I'm not.

Quote:
You are literally engaging in a non-sequitur.
False accusation is false and my point still stands: Water can have a spirit (or life), which means that you're wrong for stating the presence of water on a planet doesn't mean there's life on the planet. By the way kiddo, we're talking about a fantasy setting, not real life.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
No it doesn't.

Oh no I'm not.

False accusation is false and my point still stands: Water can have a spirit (or life), which means that you're wrong for stating the presence of water on a planet doesn't mean there's life on the planet. By the way kiddo, we're talking about a fantasy setting, not real life.
Yes it does.

Yes you are.

Correct accusation is correct, and your point is utterly refuted.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:19 AM

Banished

Quote:
Yes it does.
Nope

Quote:
Yes you are.
False accusation

Quote:
Correct accusation is correct
You're correct. A correct accusation is correct, something that your accusation is not.

Quote:
your point is utterly refuted.
Nope. You're is. I presented the canon fact that water can have a spirit (or life), which means your claim that the presence of water on a planet doesn't mean there's life on the planet is refuted.

You mad?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Nope
Yep

Quote:
False accusation
Nope. My accusation was correct.

Quote:
You're correct. A correct accusation is correct, something that your accusation is not.
Nope. I demonstrated my work. My accusation was correct. Your argument is not.

Quote:
Nope. You're is. I presented the canon fact that water can have a spirit (or life)
The fact that water can have a spirit in the Warcraft universe has no bearing on logical syntax.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:30 AM

Banished

Quote:
Yep
Nope.

Quote:
Nope.
Yup

Quote:
My accusation was correct.
This is what a liar tells himself.

Quote:
Nope.
Yup

Quote:
I demonstrated my work.
Your work is wrong. Please try again.

Quote:
My accusation was correct.
Your accusation was never correct and never will be.

Quote:
Your argument is not.
Quote:
The fact that water can have a spirit in the Warcraft universe has no bearing on logical syntax.
The fact that water can have spirit (or life) in the Warcraft universe means you're wrong for claiming that the presence of water on a world doesn't mean there is life on that world. You're also wrong for claiming that a world can have the lifeblood (arcane energy) of a titan (a world) without being a titan (a world that has arcane energy).

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Nope.
Yep

Quote:
Yup
Nope

Quote:
This is what a liar tells himself.
Ad hominem

Quote:
Yup
Nope

Quote:
Your work is wrong.
Nope

Quote:
Please try again.
Nope

Quote:
Your accusation was never correct and never will be.
It was always correct, and always will be.

Quote:
The fact that water can have spirit (or life) in the Warcraft universe means you're wrong for inferring that a world can have the lifeblood of a titan (a world) without being a titan based on the faulty premise that the presence of water on a world doesn't mean there is life on that world.
Still no bearing on logical syntax, and therefore irrelevant.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Eternal

So I guess Draenor is also a sleeping titan since people use arcane magic with no issue there .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 02-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
Yep
Nope

Quote:
Nope
Yup

Quote:
Nope

YUP

Quote:
Nope
Yup

Quote:
Nope
Yup

Quote:
It was always correct, and always will be.
Fallacy. There's a difference between stating "my statement is correct" and "my statement was correct". "Was" implies that it's no longer correct.

Quote:
Still no bearing on logical syntax, and therefore irrelevant.
It is relevant because we're talking about a fantasy setting. This isn't a website dedicated to talking about you and how you want the story to go. YOUR claim that the presence of water on a world doesn't mean there is life on that world is irrelevant. We're talking about World of Warcraft and in World of Warcraft, a world with water has life.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:49 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

You seem upset.

I'm sorry I refuted your fanon.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:52 AM

Banished

Quote:
I'm sorry I refuted your fanon.
You didn't refute anything. Stop living in your fantasy and start discussing the fantasy actually relevant here. Water, when regarding to WoW, has life = you're wrong for claiming worlds with water don't need to have life.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:55 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
The fact that the term lifeblood doesn't have to mean actual blood is something I already know.
Well, you certainly make believing otherwise pretty easy, so you'll have to forgive me for stating the obvious so many times. It's no exactly easy to discern whether what others consider obvious is also obvious to you.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Why are we suddenly ignoring Draenor in this conversation?

It's the biggest case-example to solve the conundrum.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Banished

Quote:
Well, you certainly make believing otherwise pretty easy, so you'll have to forgive me for stating the obvious so many times. It's no exactly easy to discern whether what others consider obvious is also obvious to you.
I like you, even if you hate me. =]
Old 02-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Why are we suddenly ignoring Draenor in this conversation?

It's the biggest case-example to solve the conundrum.
I think it's because people keep bringing up how Draenor solves the conundrum (ie it has ley lines and arcane energy while definitively not having a Titan world-soul) and necrofuckit keeps trying to logicbend around that to make his moronic points.

I wish people would just ignore the troll.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.

Tags
hog is necromancy, speculation, warcraft, worlds can become undead?