Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
I like you, even if you hate me. =]
I don't really hate you.

You haven't even met me let alone bought me dinner, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:06 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I wish people would just ignore the troll.
You wish people would just ignore and be ignorant? Shame on you dude. People deserve to know the truth. If (key word: if) a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan. See how I didn't state something that isn't true here? Titans are indeed worlds that have arcane energy. Now, its up to you to prove how worlds with arcane energies - the lifeblood of a nascent titan - aren't titans (worlds with arcane energies).

I get that the term lifeblood doesn't necessarily mean it's blood and can mean different things depending on what the term is applied to, but it's still the lifeblood of a titan, which is essentially a world with arcane energy - nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 AM

Eternal

Quote:
You wish people would just ignore and be ignorant? Shame on you dude. People deserve to know the truth. If (key word: if) a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan. See how I didn't state something that isn't true here? Titans are indeed worlds that have arcane energy.
So what do you think about draenor then? Titan, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
If a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan.
No. Oversimplification.

Draenor.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

This entire thread has been retarded. Titan Soul worlds have arcane energies but not all worlds with arcane energy has a Titan Soul as ALL worlds encountered so far has arcane energies.
As has been said by Blizzard, the surest sign of a Titan Soul is the lack of the element of Spirit as a Titan Soul pulls all of that in to nurture itself.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You haven't even met me let alone bought me dinner, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
So....you want pasta? Let's go gets some pasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
So what do you think about draenor then? Titan, no?
Quote:
“The shaman said that all things had a life, a power, a spirit. They were deeply involved with the spirits of the elements—earth, air, fire, and water—and the Spirit of the Wilds—and claimed they could sense the life force in earth and even seemingly dead stone.”

Excerpt From: Golden, Christie. “World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.
^The shaman of Draenor said that ALL things had a life, a power, a spirit. With no exceptions to the rule, they would even state Draenor has a spirit and is thus a titan (a world with a world-spirit).

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
This entire thread has been retarded. Titan Soul worlds have arcane energies but not all worlds with arcane energy has a Titan Soul as ALL worlds encountered so far has arcane energies.
Okay, with you so far...

Quote:
As has been said by Blizzard, the surest sign of a Titan Soul is the lack of the element of Spirit as a Titan Soul pulls all of that in to nurture itself.
Has that been said specifically about any world aside from Azeroth?

Not trying to refute the point, I'm just curious if that was said to be a broad rule or if we're extrapolating that because Azeroth depleted Spirit, that that's something that Titan-souls generally do.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Troubadour

I swear there was a blue source confirming Draenor didn't host a titan. Was it a tweet?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:

Not trying to refute the point, I'm just curious if that was said to be a broad rule or if we're extrapolating that because Azeroth depleted Spirit, that that's something that Titan-souls generally do.
If I remember correctly, when they spoke about Azeroth they said that when a titan Soul is in it's earliest stages it needs a lot of Spirit which was why Azeroth had such imbalance among it's elements.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Eternal

Necrophotic has become a parody of himself.

Dude, don't ignore the fact that Draenor does not have a world-soul.

Last edited by Ethenil; 02-09-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

Dude, don't ignore the fact that Draenor does not have a world-soul.
Now he's arguing that Draenor may have hosted or still hosts a world soul.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Banished

Quote:
Canon source?

Quote:
don't ignore the argument that there leylines and arcane in Draenor, too.
I'll ignore it if I want to. An argument is just that. An argument. I don't seek to argue. I seek agreement and facts. And the fact is that canon has established that titans are worlds, not me. Titans are just worlds, so why are you inferring that all worlds aren't titans based on the irrelevant claim that non-worlds can have the lifeblood of a titan? Maybe because you're special? Go figure.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Canon source?

I'll ignore it if I want to. An argument is just that. An argument. I don't seek to argue. I seek facts. And the fact is that canon has established that titans are worlds, not me. Titans are just worlds, so why are you inferring that all worlds aren't titans based on the irrelevant claim that non-worlds can have the lifeblood of a titan? Maybe because you're special? Go figure.
Either you're autistic or a troll.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I'll ignore it if I want to.
Quote:
I seek facts.
These two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.

You can't ignore a fact and then also claim that you want facts.

Will someone please ban this fool for wasting our goddamn time?

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Old 02-09-2017, 10:05 AM

Troubadour

Quote:

There is time for action, and there is time for consequence.

Bring in the consequences.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
So I guess Draenor is also a sleeping titan since people use arcane magic with no issue there .
The only case of people using arcane magic on Draenor to my knowledge are the Ogres, and my theory for that is the Titan Stones Mar'gok possessed.

While not acting as a battery per se, I think it's possible that the ancient emperors may have learned something of how to wield the Arcane from them, similarly perhaps as the ancient Kaldorei would have learned something from the Titan artifacts they discovered around the Well of Eternity.

As for the ley lines, perhaps rather than an arterial system for Titan "lifeblood", the Titans created and used the lines as power conduits for their machines. We know they had visited Draenor, and while they didn't find a World-Soul, they did order the planet. Since Arcane is the magic of Order, perhaps ordering the planet leaves enough residual arcane for magic use?

Edit: Seriously, Necrophotic. Stop.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Banished

Quote:
Either you're autistic or a troll.
Source?

Quote:
Will someone please ban you?

Quote:
Actually, you dyslexic child, you need to pay close attention to what you're reading. Someone told me not to ignore an argument and in reply, I stated that I'll ignore the argument if I want to. An argument =/= a fact, ergo my claim that I seek facts doesn't contradict my statement that I'll ignore the argument if I want to. Makes sense or your dyslexia is impairing you again? Also, are you forgetting what you stated before?

Quote:
I disagree.

I recognize that constantly blathering about this fool only feeds his titanic ego. So I'll just leave him on my ignore list where he belongs, and the mods can do whatever they feel is necessary, if anything at all. I've said my piece.
^What happened to leaving me on your ignore list? Getting a bit forgetful?

Quote:
I didn't claim I'll ignore a fact only to later claim that I want facts. The fact that you're accusing me of doing something I'm not doing just goes to show that you're the troll.

What asinine claim will you make next? That all titans are worlds with arcane energy, but not all worlds with arcane energy are titans? ROFLOL. You're incapable of actually explaining how worlds that aren't titans differentiate from titans, so don't even try bringing up the whole "all apples are fruits, not all fruits are apples" analogy. All you're doing is presenting excuses by claiming that all worlds with arcane energies aren't titans EVEN THOUGH titans are worlds with arcane energies. By the way, a world-soul is literally just an arcane spirit composed of arcane energies. A world with arcane spirits that bleed into it is basically a titan, whether you like it or not.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 AM

Eternal

i love his response basically amounted to "no u"

Old 02-09-2017, 10:55 AM

Banished

Quote:
i love his response basically amounted to "no u"
I don't see how my response basically amounted to, "no u". Maybe you need to check my response again.

Also, I love how your response basically amounted to, "I'll just falsely accuse necrophotic of doing something he didn't do then act as if I didn't say anything wrong." You, sir, are an arrogant jerk who thinks he can get away with making me appear as the one presenting outrageous claims and that's why I do not care what-so-ever if you think I'm trolling you. Get mad.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 11:17 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
I don't see how my response basically amounted to, "no u". Maybe you need to check my response again.

Also, I love how your response basically amounted to, "I'll just falsely accuse necrophotic of doing something he didn't do then act as if I didn't say anything wrong." You, sir, are an arrogant jerk who thinks he can get away with making me appear as the one presenting outrageous claims and that's why I do not care what-so-ever if you think I'm trolling you. Get mad.
I'm going to kindly ask you to stop derailing my thread.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:18 AM

Eternal

what was that

i can't hear you
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
The only case of people using arcane magic on Draenor to my knowledge are the Ogres, and my theory for that is the Titan Stones Mar'gok possessed.

While not acting as a battery per se, I think it's possible that the ancient emperors may have learned something of how to wield the Arcane from them, similarly perhaps as the ancient Kaldorei would have learned something from the Titan artifacts they discovered around the Well of Eternity.

As for the ley lines, perhaps rather than an arterial system for Titan "lifeblood", the Titans created and used the lines as power conduits for their machines. We know they had visited Draenor, and while they didn't find a World-Soul, they did order the planet. Since Arcane is the magic of Order, perhaps ordering the planet leaves enough residual arcane for magic use?

Edit: Seriously, Necrophotic. Stop.
Alliance expedition mages? I don't recall them having any trouble doing their work there in any source, besides Khadgar maybe mentioning something about getting used to the ley lines there(though I might be imagining it). Overall not a bad theory though. I myself thought arcane magic and ley lines are universal though, without titan intervention being required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 AM

Banished

Oh boys, this thread gives me so much joy.

We have Crow falsely accusing me of doing something I didn't do, acting ignorant after I called the liar out, refusing to make amends, then derailing this thread by stating something irrelevant to the topic of the OP.

And we have his sidekick, Hack, kindly asking me not to derail this thread.

HOI HOI HOI HOI.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Alliance expedition mages? I don't recall them having any trouble doing their work there in any source, besides Khadgar maybe mentioning something about getting used to the ley lines there(though I might be imagining it). Overall not a bad theory though. I myself thought arcane magic and ley lines are universal though, without titan intervention being required.
You are right, I think I meant to say "the only case of Draenor natives using arcane magic".
Old 02-09-2017, 11:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
You are right, I think I meant to say "the only case of Draenor natives using arcane magic".
Hmm. I thought I remembered the arakkoa using arcane magic (the more light-oriented stuff came after they got really into the Apexis artifacts, IIRC).

Tags
hog is necromancy, speculation, warcraft, worlds can become undead?