Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,694

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
I like you, even if you hate me. =]
I don't really hate you.

You haven't even met me let alone bought me dinner, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:06 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I wish people would just ignore the troll.
You wish people would just ignore and be ignorant? Shame on you dude. People deserve to know the truth. If (key word: if) a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan. See how I didn't state something that isn't true here? Titans are indeed worlds that have arcane energy. Now, its up to you to prove how worlds with arcane energies - the lifeblood of a nascent titan - aren't titans (worlds with arcane energies).

I get that the term lifeblood doesn't necessarily mean it's blood and can mean different things depending on what the term is applied to, but it's still the lifeblood of a titan, which is essentially a world with arcane energy - nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
You wish people would just ignore and be ignorant? Shame on you dude. People deserve to know the truth. If (key word: if) a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan. See how I didn't state something that isn't true here? Titans are indeed worlds that have arcane energy.
So what do you think about draenor then? Titan, no?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Not to sound mysogonystic, but I'd smash Natalie Dormer like it was the last time my cock would ever work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,050
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
If a world has arcane energy and a titan is a world that has arcane energy, a world that has arcane energy is a titan.
No. Oversimplification.

Draenor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

This entire thread has been retarded. Titan Soul worlds have arcane energies but not all worlds with arcane energy has a Titan Soul as ALL worlds encountered so far has arcane energies.
As has been said by Blizzard, the surest sign of a Titan Soul is the lack of the element of Spirit as a Titan Soul pulls all of that in to nurture itself.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:11 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You haven't even met me let alone bought me dinner, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
So....you want pasta? Let's go gets some pasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
So what do you think about draenor then? Titan, no?
Quote:
“The shaman said that all things had a life, a power, a spirit. They were deeply involved with the spirits of the elements—earth, air, fire, and water—and the Spirit of the Wilds—and claimed they could sense the life force in earth and even seemingly dead stone.”

Excerpt From: Golden, Christie. “World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.
^The shaman of Draenor said that ALL things had a life, a power, a spirit. With no exceptions to the rule, they would even state Draenor has a spirit and is thus a titan (a world with a world-spirit).

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:20 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,418

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
This entire thread has been retarded. Titan Soul worlds have arcane energies but not all worlds with arcane energy has a Titan Soul as ALL worlds encountered so far has arcane energies.
Okay, with you so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
As has been said by Blizzard, the surest sign of a Titan Soul is the lack of the element of Spirit as a Titan Soul pulls all of that in to nurture itself.
Has that been said specifically about any world aside from Azeroth?

Not trying to refute the point, I'm just curious if that was said to be a broad rule or if we're extrapolating that because Azeroth depleted Spirit, that that's something that Titan-souls generally do.
__________________
Now contributing to BlizzPro.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,050
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

I swear there was a blue source confirming Draenor didn't host a titan. Was it a tweet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post

Not trying to refute the point, I'm just curious if that was said to be a broad rule or if we're extrapolating that because Azeroth depleted Spirit, that that's something that Titan-souls generally do.
If I remember correctly, when they spoke about Azeroth they said that when a titan Soul is in it's earliest stages it needs a lot of Spirit which was why Azeroth had such imbalance among it's elements.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Ethenil Ethenil is offline

Eternal
Ethenil's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,568

Default

Necrophotic has become a parody of himself.

Dude, don't ignore the fact that Draenor does not have a world-soul.

Last edited by Ethenil; 02-09-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,050
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Necrophotic has become a parody of himself.

Dude, don't ignore the fact that Draenor does not have a world-soul.
Now he's arguing that Draenor may have hosted or still hosts a world soul.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:44 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Necrophotic has become a parody of himself.
Canon source?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
don't ignore the argument that there leylines and arcane in Draenor, too.
I'll ignore it if I want to. An argument is just that. An argument. I don't seek to argue. I seek agreement and facts. And the fact is that canon has established that titans are worlds, not me. Titans are just worlds, so why are you inferring that all worlds aren't titans based on the irrelevant claim that non-worlds can have the lifeblood of a titan? Maybe because you're special? Go figure.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
Canon source?




I'll ignore it if I want to. An argument is just that. An argument. I don't seek to argue. I seek facts. And the fact is that canon has established that titans are worlds, not me. Titans are just worlds, so why are you inferring that all worlds aren't titans based on the irrelevant claim that non-worlds can have the lifeblood of a titan? Maybe because you're special? Go figure.
Either you're autistic or a troll.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:51 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,418

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
I'll ignore it if I want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
I seek facts.
These two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.

You can't ignore a fact and then also claim that you want facts.

Will someone please ban this fool for wasting our goddamn time?
__________________
Now contributing to BlizzPro.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,050
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
These two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.

You can't ignore a fact and then also claim that you want facts.

Will someone please ban this fool for wasting our goddamn time?
There is time for action, and there is time for consequence.

Bring in the consequences.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:21 AM
HackBenjamin HackBenjamin is offline

Priestess of the Moon
HackBenjamin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Storm Peaks, Canada
Posts: 518

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
So I guess Draenor is also a sleeping titan since people use arcane magic with no issue there .
The only case of people using arcane magic on Draenor to my knowledge are the Ogres, and my theory for that is the Titan Stones Mar'gok possessed.

While not acting as a battery per se, I think it's possible that the ancient emperors may have learned something of how to wield the Arcane from them, similarly perhaps as the ancient Kaldorei would have learned something from the Titan artifacts they discovered around the Well of Eternity.

As for the ley lines, perhaps rather than an arterial system for Titan "lifeblood", the Titans created and used the lines as power conduits for their machines. We know they had visited Draenor, and while they didn't find a World-Soul, they did order the planet. Since Arcane is the magic of Order, perhaps ordering the planet leaves enough residual arcane for magic use?

Edit: Seriously, Necrophotic. Stop.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:33 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Either you're autistic or a troll.
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Will someone please ban this fool for wasting our goddamn time?
Will someone please ban you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
These two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.
Actually, you dyslexic child, you need to pay close attention to what you're reading. Someone told me not to ignore an argument and in reply, I stated that I'll ignore the argument if I want to. An argument =/= a fact, ergo my claim that I seek facts doesn't contradict my statement that I'll ignore the argument if I want to. Makes sense or your dyslexia is impairing you again? Also, are you forgetting what you stated before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
I disagree.

I recognize that constantly blathering about this fool only feeds his titanic ego. So I'll just leave him on my ignore list where he belongs, and the mods can do whatever they feel is necessary, if anything at all. I've said my piece.
^What happened to leaving me on your ignore list? Getting a bit forgetful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
You can't ignore a fact and then also claim that you want facts.
I didn't claim I'll ignore a fact only to later claim that I want facts. The fact that you're accusing me of doing something I'm not doing just goes to show that you're the troll.

What asinine claim will you make next? That all titans are worlds with arcane energy, but not all worlds with arcane energy are titans? ROFLOL. You're incapable of actually explaining how worlds that aren't titans differentiate from titans, so don't even try bringing up the whole "all apples are fruits, not all fruits are apples" analogy. All you're doing is presenting excuses by claiming that all worlds with arcane energies aren't titans EVEN THOUGH titans are worlds with arcane energies. By the way, a world-soul is literally just an arcane spirit composed of arcane energies. A world with arcane spirits that bleed into it is basically a titan, whether you like it or not.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,418

Default

i love his response basically amounted to "no u"
__________________
Now contributing to BlizzPro.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:55 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
i love his response basically amounted to "no u"
I don't see how my response basically amounted to, "no u". Maybe you need to check my response again.

Also, I love how your response basically amounted to, "I'll just falsely accuse necrophotic of doing something he didn't do then act as if I didn't say anything wrong." You, sir, are an arrogant jerk who thinks he can get away with making me appear as the one presenting outrageous claims and that's why I do not care what-so-ever if you think I'm trolling you. Get mad.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:17 AM
HackBenjamin HackBenjamin is offline

Priestess of the Moon
HackBenjamin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Storm Peaks, Canada
Posts: 518

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrophotic View Post
I don't see how my response basically amounted to, "no u". Maybe you need to check my response again.

Also, I love how your response basically amounted to, "I'll just falsely accuse necrophotic of doing something he didn't do then act as if I didn't say anything wrong." You, sir, are an arrogant jerk who thinks he can get away with making me appear as the one presenting outrageous claims and that's why I do not care what-so-ever if you think I'm trolling you. Get mad.
I'm going to kindly ask you to stop derailing my thread.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:18 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,418

Default

what was that

i can't hear you
Attached Images
 
__________________
Now contributing to BlizzPro.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Royalpimp Royalpimp is offline

Eternal
Royalpimp's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
The only case of people using arcane magic on Draenor to my knowledge are the Ogres, and my theory for that is the Titan Stones Mar'gok possessed.

While not acting as a battery per se, I think it's possible that the ancient emperors may have learned something of how to wield the Arcane from them, similarly perhaps as the ancient Kaldorei would have learned something from the Titan artifacts they discovered around the Well of Eternity.

As for the ley lines, perhaps rather than an arterial system for Titan "lifeblood", the Titans created and used the lines as power conduits for their machines. We know they had visited Draenor, and while they didn't find a World-Soul, they did order the planet. Since Arcane is the magic of Order, perhaps ordering the planet leaves enough residual arcane for magic use?

Edit: Seriously, Necrophotic. Stop.
Alliance expedition mages? I don't recall them having any trouble doing their work there in any source, besides Khadgar maybe mentioning something about getting used to the ley lines there(though I might be imagining it). Overall not a bad theory though. I myself thought arcane magic and ley lines are universal though, without titan intervention being required.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Not to sound mysogonystic, but I'd smash Natalie Dormer like it was the last time my cock would ever work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
And Lordaeron

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 AM
necrophotic necrophotic is offline

Banished
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Void
Posts: 358

Default

Oh boys, this thread gives me so much joy.

We have Crow falsely accusing me of doing something I didn't do, acting ignorant after I called the liar out, refusing to make amends, then derailing this thread by stating something irrelevant to the topic of the OP.

And we have his sidekick, Hack, kindly asking me not to derail this thread.

HOI HOI HOI HOI.

Last edited by necrophotic; 02-09-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 AM
HackBenjamin HackBenjamin is offline

Priestess of the Moon
HackBenjamin's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Storm Peaks, Canada
Posts: 518

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Alliance expedition mages? I don't recall them having any trouble doing their work there in any source, besides Khadgar maybe mentioning something about getting used to the ley lines there(though I might be imagining it). Overall not a bad theory though. I myself thought arcane magic and ley lines are universal though, without titan intervention being required.
You are right, I think I meant to say "the only case of Draenor natives using arcane magic".
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:32 AM
MisterCrow MisterCrow is offline

Eternal
MisterCrow's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,418

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackBenjamin View Post
You are right, I think I meant to say "the only case of Draenor natives using arcane magic".
Hmm. I thought I remembered the arakkoa using arcane magic (the more light-oriented stuff came after they got really into the Apexis artifacts, IIRC).
__________________
Now contributing to BlizzPro.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix


Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hog is necromancy, speculation, warcraft, worlds can become undead?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.