Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 AM

Banished

He'll marry Wrathion and appoint an heir. Deal with it
Old 11-29-2017, 02:39 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Don't be so optimistic, Bolvar. You know they're going to make Anduin gay.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:02 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

I'm pretty sure I've rambled before as to why I think all of the usual suspects(Jaina, Calia, Tess, Lorna, Vanessa) are terrible options and any of them would be a disservice to their characters or the kingdom they represent.

So yea, I'm with Hades. I think a new character from Stormwind would be the ideal choice. It sets up the opportunity for some kind of backstory between them to be established if Blizz wants to go that route, and Stormwind nobility has been sorely underrepresented throughout lore to this point. There was even a conversation in the discord recently about the lack of Stormwind nobles and a few people agreed it would be neat to see more.

That said, Tess is the least stupid option of the group so I wouldn't particularly mind her even though she needs to go be queen of her own damn kingdom instead of letting Gilneas essentially be annexed by Stormwind because we all know Blizz is never going to write them as two separate kingdoms in their own right if it goes that way.

Last edited by Yorenec; 11-29-2017 at 11:04 PM..
Old 11-30-2017, 04:01 PM

Mountain Giant

My problems with characters that are specially created to be love interests is that they are... Well, precisely that. Love interests. Either they have no story of their own or they come off as Mary Sue-ish, or even both at the same time!
Old 11-30-2017, 05:02 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
My problems with characters that are specially created to be love interests is that they are... Well, precisely that. Love interests. Either they have no story of their own or they come off as Mary Sue-ish, or even both at the same time!
What they should do is to introduce a woman to be Anduin's wife but not his love interest; it should be a political marriage alone and they should both acknowledge it.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:03 AM

Mountain Giant

I don't think Blizzard storytelling is sophisticated enough to include the concept of "political marriage" at this point.

And even so, if they introduce a Stormwind Noble for the express purpose of a political marriage right now, a similar problem would surface: Where were these Noble Houses that are important enough to warrant a political marriage of convenience up until now, and why they didn't interfere sooner? Where was all this political jockeying and manipulating on the years leading to Anduin's ascent to the throne? This kind of thing never stopped Blizzard before, yeah, but it would be unsatisfying anyway...
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 AM

Chimaera

Any answer that Isn't Wrathion is just baffling.

From a character standpoint the two have more rapport with each other than they do with any other character, and bringing in a new character just to serve as a baby maker is a terrible idea. We already have Aggra we don't need another character Blizzard doesn't know what to do with
Old 12-01-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Where were these Noble Houses that are important enough to warrant a political marriage of convenience up until now, and why they didn't interfere sooner? Where was all this political jockeying and manipulating on the years leading to Anduin's ascent to the throne?
My guess? Varian was a much stronger political force and he quelled the nobles or they followed him without question, but Anduin has more to prove and fewer nobles implicitly trust him than his father.

I mean, the vanilla questline with Varian was all about the House of Prestor fucking with him, it's just that house was fake.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:15 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
Any answer that Isn't Wrathion is just baffling.

From a character standpoint the two have more rapport with each other than they do with any other character, and bringing in a new character just to serve as a baby maker is a terrible idea. We already have Aggra we don't need another character Blizzard doesn't know what to do with
Wrathion is a wanted criminal for breaking Garrosh out and trying to help him conquer Azeroth. Again.

Also, Blizzard isn’t into political marriages. They’re more into romantic marriages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:30 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

The next expansion will feature an alternate universe Azeroth set before the opening of the Dark Portal.

Anduin will bang AU Aegwynn and his spawn will reintroduce Sargeras into the world.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:15 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
I won't disagree and it could easily be done poorly, but there's no reason it couldn't be done well either. Giving her a short story that has no mention or interaction with Anduin whatsoever or introducing her in-game and giving her a background of her own prior to the romance would go a long way toward avoid that issue and making her stand out on her own. Though the actual romance itself blossoming is probably best done in a novel for a number of reasons.

Though yea, Fenixhart isn't wrong that it wouldn't be hard to fall into the trap of them not knowing what to do with her and she just becomes another Aggra. I'm of the opinion that they've done well with the recent romances(Durotan and Draka, Turalyon and Alleria) though, so they've earned some leeway on the matter compared to their past failures.

Who knows though, they might just never put him in a relationship and I could certainly understand why it'd be simpler not to.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:11 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Let's be honest, though, Stormwind isn't going to survive long enough for an heir to matter.

We're entering the end-game and everything is falling apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:36 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Im a big fan of Vanessa and Anduin. He is too pure, and she is too evil, she is gonna rock his world, maybe even help him escape out of homosexuality at the hands of Wrathion

Nah, but seriously, those two make the best pairing, especially since Anduins mother is from Westfall too, and a relationship between Westfall children would fix a lot of issues within the human kingdom.

How would I do it?

*cricket chirps*

Glad you guys asked

I would start with her trying to kill him as part of her plan of revenge against Stormwind, once she fails, changes her strategy to seduce him, just to end up falling in love with him, but instead of Anduin convincing her to leave the assassin ways behind, she keeps swearing she is doing all this for her people, and that ONE DAY she will definitely kill him... just not today
Old 02-05-2018, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
Im a big fan of Vanessa and Anduin. He is too pure, and she is too evil, she is gonna rock his world, maybe even help him escape out of homosexuality at the hands of Wrathion

Nah, but seriously, those two make the best pairing, especially since Anduins mother is from Westfall too, and a relationship between Westfall children would fix a lot of issues within the human kingdom.

How would I do it?

*cricket chirps*

Glad you guys asked

I would start with her trying to kill him as part of her plan of revenge against Stormwind, once she fails, changes her strategy to seduce him, just to end up falling in love with him, but instead of Anduin convincing her to leave the assassin ways behind, she keeps swearing she is doing all this for her people, and that ONE DAY she will definitely kill him... just not today
How and why would they even start seeing eachother?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:09 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
This will be addressed in the live action Disney show.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:24 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Since the focus of Kul'Tiras is on noble house, maybe one of theses houses will have a princess about Anduin's age and they'll marry. That's the best course of action.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Since the focus of Kul'Tiras is on noble house, maybe one of theses houses will have a princess about Anduin's age and they'll marry. That's the best course of action.
In order words, Jaina 2.0?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
She plots to get revenge from Stormwind by killing the king
She fails and ends up in jail
Anduin looks at her and despite beig a king he is still a horny teenager who just happened to see a woman without pants and a tabard covering enough to feel love calling
Being a horny teenager he thinks he can "save her"
Starts talking to her and how she could turn a leaf
She pretends shes being touched by his pure feelings and innocence and because she likes to be alive and outside jail

I mean, this plot writes itself into a sappy (pun intended) romcom

Tags
speculation, warcraft