Option 1! 22 59.46%
Option 2! 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
So 129 pages and 3 years later, how close to finishing are you?
We've got a world map somewhere, and I think there's even a wiki. If you want to revive it, go ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:35 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
So 129 pages and 3 years later, how close to finishing are you?

I'd have loved to be a part of this >< but I think it's too late to start now. We should do a new one.
There's been nothing done since 2015, at the time I think there was just me and Ashendant that were working on it.

http://solcu.wikia.com/wiki/Solcu_Wiki

Edit:

The idea I had been spinning were related to the birth gem idea I posted in another thread, having it linked to a species that lack the ability to use conventional magic, instead having to rely upon their primary birth gem and in rare cases secondary birth gems as well.

JANUARY - GARNET: Fire magic.
FEBRUARY - AMETHYST: Shadow magic.
MARCH - AQUAMARINE: Frost magic.
APRIL - DIAMOND: Lightning magic.
MAY - EMERALD: Water magic.
JUNE - PEARL: Sea life magic.
JULY - RUBY: Body enhancement magic, a kind of blood magic.
AUGUST - PERIDOT: Land life magic.
SEPTEMBER - SAPPHIRE: Soul, spirit and mind magic.
OCTOBER - OPAL: Light magic.
NOVEMBER - CITRINE: Earth magic.
DECEMBER - BLUE TOPAZ: Air magic.

Next came where to fit in this new species among the many species of Solcu. As one of the main elf developers, I finally came to the conclusion to have them be related to the elves but not really being elves themselves. I and the other elf developers had talked about having the elves hail from a humanoid feline ancestor so I went with that route. The Felinelves (PLACEHOLDER NAME) are a branch descendant of the primal elf ancestor. Instead of becoming more and more "humanoid", these feral and somewhat archaic beings have kept their feline characteristics in a balance with a more humanoid appearance.

My main problem with them is my disgust for furries. But in the end I decided to not let that hinder their development. The Felinelves have an extreme disability when it comes to magic other than that of their birth gems. This they have compensated with bieng a much more martial species, nurturing a rich culture of martialism alongside their birth gem "shaman" as they refer to them. The Felinelves worship the great Ancestral Aspects and reveres those they call the "Creators". Their mythology speak of how the great "Creators" shaped them from the divine essence of the Ancestral Aspects. Though the "Creators" were not pleased with their original creation and pushed their evolution towards that which would become the elves. But the Felinelves endured and prospered despite being abandoned to their fate.

In the Age of Exploration that is the current setting of Solcu, the Felinelves have no country or homeland, instead them have branched out into several distinct types on most continents. There they live a tribal life in the wilderness or live as semi-integrated minorities among the greater species such as the Wind elves and the Humans. to further compensate their lack of general magic, they've taken a keen interest in science, engineering and machinery. It is not uncommon to find Felinelf steamsmiths and engineers in the great cities of Windland and upon the vast lands between Windland and the Kingdom of Thama.

Just a little peek at them.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
collaboration, creative, fun and games, human oppression, public works, worldbuilding