Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 12-23-2011, 11:07 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Tell me about it, I am allergic to dust, or those little bugs that live in it to be precise, and so I am always sneezing and sniffling, hell even the worgen got nothing on me.

You militarized the tauren... Hell it's about time 's all I can say.

Also you didn't mention the taunka, I presume you classified them as tauren because I doubt a powerful and noble race such as them would be thrown in with...gnolls.

I presume the warchief is still an orc only position, or that is the vibe you gave off so far. I never liked that "law" and I think it's only there so there is dramatic tension when a non-orc ascends. But I am certain you had your reasons and you will explain in due time.

Also you "retconned" who owns the Blasted Lands, first it was mixed presence and then it was firmly Alliance held, so you could update that to avoid confusion. Or it has both A and H presence with Alliance heavily dominating in which case I apologize.

Oh and you didn't give us the zone spread for Outland, did you just forget or is it still vague?
1. Eegh, not fun.

2. I did indeed throw the Taunka in with the Tauren. The Taunka nad Tuskarr don't move out of northrend much because the warmth makes them sick, though their higher ups are gifted with little pendants or magic doodads that keep them cool, allowing them to make trips to org and such to talk with the warchief.

Those that want to splurge can get a magic rune-based tattoo so they don't lose the pendant or magic item though. (I'm a tad iffy on this, it feels a bit silly)

3. I'll have to reread, there are three explanations that come to mind

a: I was just wrong and mixed up

b: I was referring to different points on the timeline (unlikely)

c: As you mentioned, heavy alliance domination with -some- Horde presence.

4. I think at the time I was still working on Outland but here's a little something.

Outland is far more relaxed on faction tensions than Azeroth due to the presence of the Burning Legion and other nasties.

Hellfire Peninsula: Heavily embedded by the Alliance's forces, work is mostly on digging up the Path of Glory and shipping the bones out to Terrokar, though Honor Hold has been built up to a proper keep again.

The Horde still has a presence here, mostly Mag'hari outposts in the Mountains, but Hellfire Citadel is being dismantled. Thrallmar stands mostly due to its diplomatic nature with the Alliance presence.

The area's ambient instability and demonic energy has been reduced (no giant angry red crystals, warp fields, or ooze at Aggonar's bones), thanks to some Draenei temples, but there's nothing green growing here, yet.

Zangarmarsh: With the Naga's pumping stopped, the area's filled up again. The alliance is supporting and working with the local tribes of lost ones and broken, though the Horde supported Sporelings compete with them for resources in the marsh.

Terrokar: The Alliance's shining star in Outland, the area's very firmly in the hands of the Draenei and Arakkoa. The Draenei are mostly rebuilding Shattrath and Auchinodon to inter the bones from Hellfire. While the Arakkoa are still undergoing cultural shift from Terrok's 'death', and many cults compete for influence. The Light-worshipping Arakkoa control a sizeable following, but they haven't converted everyone.

Many Light worshipers travel to shattrath on pilgrimmage, while many alliance members trade with Ethereals in rare materials at Allerian Stronghold.

Nagrand: The Horde has fairly firm control of Nagrand, though the Lost ones and Broken have been permitted to remain at the edges of the area due to the shaman's insistence.

The local Ogre tribes are mostly aligned under the Horde, but the Boulderfist remain neutral under the direction of their long lived chieftain Lantressor.

Blade's Edge Mountains: The area is firmly under the control of the Horde, old night Elven and cenarion outposts have been mostly driven out, though there are fringe arakkoa sects and ethereal black marketeers in some areas.

The Ogres are united under Mok'nathal Rule, save for Ogri'la, in the western areas, which preaches enlightenment but finds little reception among the other ogres now that -they- rule the Gronn under Horde control.

Much of the lower area's shaded by the jagged peaks have been filled with mushrooms from Zangarmarsh to serve as lumber and food.

Netherstorm: Neither faction has terribly firm control here, the Ethereals favor Alliance contracts so you're more likely to find them here than the Horde though. Haramad and the protectorate still remember the Blood Elves reckless manaforges, which has colored their interpretation of the rest of the Horde. That and goblins stealing their equipment.

The Draenei and some orcs and other races travel to attempt to heal the area at times, but it's primarily used by eccentrics for experiments, though members of Dalaran have set up a longterm outpost here.

Shadowmoon valley: Akama and the Broken wield the vast Majority of power here, firmly on the side of the Alliance. The land's still blackened with ash, but its deterioration has slowed with the calming of the central volcano.

Orcs, aswell as Naga and blood elf stragglers cling to the fringes here, but the majority of the Horde presence is on the Dragonmaw Isle. Most of the Netherwing drakes have left the area and primarily dwell in the Black Temple, serving informally as support for Akama's kin. Though their unstable nature is a double edged sword at times.

Akama does his best to police Outland and keep faction conflict from flaring up through the Ashtongue and the other broken groups, and the threat of the Legion makes his work easier at times.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-23-2011, 11:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Footman

So did you go through with your idea that the blood elves opened up another portal to Outlands or does Stormwind not own all of the Blasted Lands?

Oh I forgot about your first post hehehe.

Also Wildhammer have no land

Is that ok map of what you were thinking?

I will also do other continents if you want, though I don't have a good map of any of the other continents.

Last edited by Erthad; 12-23-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 12:42 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
So did you go through with your idea that the blood elves opened up another portal to Outlands or does Stormwind not own all of the Blasted Lands?

Oh I forgot about your first post hehehe.

Also Wildhammer have no land
*Map*

Is that ok map of what you were thinking?

I will also do other continents if you want, though I don't have a good map of any of the other continents.
1. I'm thinking they opened up their own portal. And Stormwind owns the majority of the Blasted Lands, but the Horde may have ships stationed off the coast or an airship hovering around just to keep tabs, MAYBE a base on the coast or a strip of Islands raised off the edge? Blah. (maybe a submarine... or two...)

Other than that, the map's pretty good. Tol'barad goes to the Alliance, most of the badlands goes to the Darkirons.

2. Give the Wildhammer Loch modan, and most of Twilight Highlands. Just not the coastlines.

3. That'd be awesome Erthad, though I'll have to tighten up the 'final' (technically just the furthest along) part of the timeline, where Hillsbrad (but not Alterac or silverpine) goes back to the Alliance.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM

Elune

Footman

Could the Horde presence in the Blasted Lands be from STV with the trolls?

Also another idea that I had is that the last of the Argents and Stormwind keep a presence in the plague lands around Tyr's Hand and the reason it doesn't fall is because of a treaty with the Horde. The Horde keeps a city/land in the middle of Alliance lands safe in exchange for Alliance getting Tyr's Hand safe.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Could the Horde presence in the Blasted Lands be from STV with the trolls?

Also another idea that I had is that the last of the Argents and Stormwind keep a presence in the plague lands around Tyr's Hand and the reason it doesn't fall is because of a treaty with the Horde. The Horde keeps a city/land in the middle of Alliance lands safe in exchange for Alliance getting Tyr's Hand safe.
Possible but unlikely.

Ty's hand could make it along the coast, but I doubt it's through any formal treaty, more its own military power.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-25-2011, 10:37 PM

World Builder

Runes Forsaken History

An overview of the Forsaken for Christmas!

Following the Horde's defeat in Pandaria the Alliance realized that the resources needed to hold onto their outposts in the new continent against the fledgling Pandaren Empire's wishes would far exceed the true gain.

As a result, King Varian and the other leaders of the Alliance agreed to pull their forces out of the land save for trading posts, and redirect their forces back to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms in order to capitalize on the Horde's loss.

The Forsaken fought for their land viciously, but were ultimately driven out following Sylvanas's death, and forced to flee to Northrend or the Ghostlands.

The Forsaken that traveled to the Ghostlands through the Plaguelands were pursued by Alliance forces, and the Argent Crusade split upon whether they should prevent the conflict, as the Forsaken were clearly no longer a threat, or aid the Alliance in preventing them from ever returning as a major power.

Though relatively few Forsaken survived, the Horde maintained relations with the scattered forces through the Blood Elves and few forces remaining in Northrend.

Eventually, the Nerubians made their entrance to the Horde, as did the Qiraji. Seeking to prove themselves and gain the rest of the Horde's trust, the two races capitalized upon the Horde's simmering rage at their previous defeat, aswell as the suffering the populace yet endured from scarce resources, with the promise of aiding them in reclaiming the northern half of the eastern continent. The prosperity brought from victory would surely earn them the respect and influence within the Horde they craved.

The movement was especially popular among the trolls which had been driven from all territories south of the Ghostlands following the Alliance's reclamation campaign, and the Blood Elves were more than eager to push the Alliance forces from their borders and rid themselves of what they saw as oppressive and dogmatic neighbors.

The early days of the war's preparation were the most difficult, as Kul'Tiras sea supremacy prevented any landings upon Tirisfal or the Darrowmere forests, and the Alliance was firmly entrenched at the edge of the Ghostlands to prevent a landing in Blood Elven territories from having any effect, especially with support from the rest of the Kalimdor Horde being lukewarm at best.

The Alliance of course, was not blind, and noted the Horde's military buildup, readying many of their defenses across the continent, and nearly discovered the tunneling work. Tension rose among the Horde's members, but there was little talk abandoning the effort, the alliance's sanctions since its last victory had left such views in the minority.

All the same, the Forsaken and Nerubians knew that covert spreading of chemical weapons and plagues would be frowned on by the rest of the Horde, and that the Alliance would be well prepared to counter such tactics not long after their initial use, especially since their effectiveness would be limited due to not affecting the Alliance's naval capacity.

Even the most thorough sabotage would be useless unless the ships moving to and from Kul'tiras were not removed from the equation, since they would be unable to land enough forces to claim and hold the land.

The solution arrived in the adaptation of Forsaken technology to allow their forces to move underwater en masse. The Forsaken, already lacking a need to breathe, equipped their abominations and other forces with alchemic treatments and devices that allowed them to pass beneath the Alliance blockades.

The invasion was nearly ruined when a patrolling Alliance submarine stumbled across a division of Forsaken "Crawlers", but the division was able to sink the and destroy the vessel before it could signal the fleets or mainland.

The Forsaken divisions "landed" upon the coast of tirisfal successfully, allowing them to signal troll forces to the distant south in Stranglethorn to begin their simultaneous assault, while the Blood Elven forces engaged the Alliance forces upon their border.

The Alliance's defenders quickly moved to repel their enemies, and initially possessed the numbers to engage the three fronts evenly. Alliance commanders even boggled at the Horde's movements. The Forsaken had recovered in the intervening years, but still didn't possess the numbers needed to assault the Alliance, the same was true of the Blood Elves.

The trolls had united the disparate tribes, and were in fact the most numerous, but the Alliance initially dismissed them. Stormwinds elite jungle fighters stationed at a compound in Northern Stranglethorn, coupled with Worgen from duskwood, were deemed more than adequate to hold off the attacks indefinitely.

It was not until the Qiraji and Nerubians formal entry into the conflict that the tide began to turn.

The nerubian and qiraji's lower caste members were low in number since their initial defeats before their partnership with the Horde, and the later abolishment of their caste system, aswell as their growing policy of breeding for greater versatility and free thought.

As a result, the Alliance had ignored their entrance into the Horde on a military level, and merely (correctly) felt that they would influence the Horde politically. Whatever magical secrets they poessesed would surely be easily countered by the Alliance's own superior magics, and titan research...

But they had underestimated the Qiraji and Nerubians own cunning, save for a handful of veterans from the Might of Kalimdor, and Northrend Campaign, none of the commanders were prepared for the Nerubian and Qiraji's tunneling tactics, nor their ferocity.

The Horde's tunneling disrupted the entrenched Alliance forces, allowing Horde ships to make landfall upon the eastern coast, and reinforce their existing landing parties, as Alliance fleets found themselves harassed by remaining Crawlers and blood elven ships, causing them to be too slow to interfere with the landings.

The reinforcement of the landing parties by vengeful forest trolls only intensified the fighting, as the Amani poured out of the Ghostlands and the ships upon the coast of the Hinterlands, overwhelming the Wildhammer and forcing them to flee to the south by air as the Horde's forces destroyed the Thandol span, preventing Ironforge from reinforcing the Alliance by land.

Even with the masses of trolls assaulting the Alliance from the east and south, the Alliance held its own as it met the Forsaken and Nerubian forces in the field on land, and as the Alliance ships moved to their remaining ports and coastlines, Horde reinforcements slowed.

Alliance forces, bolstered by the dragonflights, the Light, and Dalaran's tremendous arcane prowess, were gradually beating back the tenacious Horde assailants, as the remaining Dwarves and Gnomes of the north began chasing through the Nerubians tunneling systems.

Just as it seemed the Alliance would end the Forsaken's assaults, numerous bodies of water throughout lordaeron became thick and brackish, as massive sporebeasts began to pour out of the rivers and lakes, ignoring the nerubians and forsaken but viciously attacking the Alliance's forces.

What made matters worse, was the sudden outpouring of gnolls, kobolds, and even mountain yeti. After the Alliance had first reclaimed the continent, they'd forced these groups into the most remote areas, and now that the Alliance was being assaulted, they were taking full advantage of its preoccupation.

The Forsaken had engineered the fungal beasts from deep beneath the earth in Azjol nerub, and filled the waters of Lordamere lake and other areas with them, the forsaken coated their forces with pheremones that caused the beasts to ignore them, and allowed them to direct them towards the Alliance, but the Alliance had no such defenses, and were ultimately forced to retreat behind the Gilnean Wall or Thoradin's wall, before ultimately being forced from Arathor by victorious Forsaken.

Forsaken High Command, re-established in Lordaeron after the grueling campaign, was concerned with their ability to hold the continent, and realized that the costly business of hunting down every human straggler amid the aftermath would be pointless.

Instead, the Forsaken issued a number of edicts, permitting humans to apply for citizenship among the forsaken, provided they agreed to be raised or allowed for their body to be used for materials after their death.

These gradually grew into the three most fundamental of Forsaken Rites.

1. The Rite of the Forsaken: The raising of an individual with their permission, or that of their family.

2. The Rite of Vengeance: The imbuing of a living individual with the Forgotten Shadow (essentially conversion into a Death Knight).

3. The Rite of Shadows: The ascendance of an individual into a Lich, Shade, Banshee, or the like. By transcending their physical form.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 12-25-2011 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 PM

Elune

Footman

Interesting, so is this just the first part? I think you mentioned there was more in the timeline, but I'm not sure.

Well anyways giving you I am.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Interesting, so is this just the first part? I think you mentioned there was more in the timeline, but I'm not sure.

I think that this is just the introduction to the timeline, the actual detailed developments are yet to come.

And awesome work Sky, I wanted to ask who leads the factions in your PU just so I find out weather Sylvanas still rules. On one hand I understand that her static mindset would block your development of the Forsaken, but on the other hand I think it would have been fun to have at least a single constant between this proposed future and the present.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:

This is sort of an early middle stage.

Quote:
I think that this is just the introduction to the timeline, the actual detailed developments are yet to come.

And awesome work Sky, I wanted to ask who leads the factions in your PU just so I find out weather Sylvanas still rules. On one hand I understand that her static mindset would block your development of the Forsaken, but on the other hand I think it would have been fun to have at least a single constant between this proposed future and the present.
Yep, I'll hammer out something broader and less detailed in a few days, or perhaps this afternoon.

And Sylvanas died when the Alliance retook Lordaeron, though the Forsaken still revere her, the cult of the Forgotten Shadow in particular plays up her image, though the apothecaries and High Command are quick to mention that Sylvanas was never all that tied to the cult. Politics.

The Forsaken are however, at all times, ruled by a Banshee Queen, though after Sylvanas the position is more akin to top military officer, than one of actual political and social power.

Essentially an individual of sufficient standing that's approved by the Royal Apothecary Society, High Command, and the Cult, undergoes a variation of the Rite of Shadows, which gives them the same mingling of corporeal and incorporeal power Sylvanas has.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-01-2012, 02:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
2. I did indeed throw the Taunka in with the Tauren. The Taunka nad Tuskarr don't move out of northrend much because the warmth makes them sick, though their higher ups are gifted with little pendants or magic doodads that keep them cool, allowing them to make trips to org and such to talk with the warchief.
Hmm, one small thing I noticed.

I don't think that it was mentioned anywhere that the taunka have the same problem living in hotter climates that the tuskar have. I am almost 100% certain on this, but feel free to correct me. Unless that is something you added for the benefit of your fanfic, either way I'm just nitpicking, ah us lore nerds >_>
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Hmm, one small thing I noticed.

I don't think that it was mentioned anywhere that the taunka have the same problem living in hotter climates that the tuskar have. I am almost 100% certain on this, but feel free to correct me. Unless that is something you added for the benefit of your fanfic, either way I'm just nitpicking, ah us lore nerds >_>
It's not stated anywhere, but regardless of whether it's a health issue for them, it'd still be uncomfortable with all that fur.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM

World Builder

Runes Mimiron, Thorim, and The Iron Races

(This'll be a bit shorter than I'd hoped given that I'm trying to get off the computer a bit more)

While the rest of Azeroth Reeled from the Cataclysm and the campaign throughout Pandaria, the forces of the Northern watchers worked with a skeleton crew of Dwarven researchers to undo the horrific damage the old God yogg-saron had done through the corrupted keeper loken.

Though the twilight's hammer toiled in the Dragonblight, and occupied the dragons, the rest of Northrend largely enjoyed a period of peace imposed by the keepers of Ulduar.

With the lich king dormant, most scourge froze motionless, or wandered aimlessly towards the Icecrown glacier allowing the many races to begin their recovery.

However, the most direct effect of loken's corruption were the many armies of Iron dwarves, weakened and robbed of reinforcements by their loss of the facilities in Ulduar, the Iron Dwarves fought a desperate guerilla war against the races of Frost within the Storm peaks, while their strongholds in the Grizzly Hills and forces in the Howling Fjord were overwhelmed by the native Earth Giants and other races.

The battle within the storm peaks however, was not won quite so easily.

The few Iron Vrykul, revenants, flame giants, and iron giants that escaped Ulduar, supported the Iron Dwarves, and were distantly supported by the fading power of their master.

With the other keepers each seeing to a different section of Northrend (Freya to Sholazar Gorlocs, Hodir to the Howling Fjord's Storm Giants), Thorim and Mimiron directed their attention to the Iron dwarves and commanded the races of Frost, but were conflicted on the extermination of the Iron Dwarves.

Mimiron sought a way to purify the constructs of the Old Gods taint, though as time wore on Thorim grew less and less certain it was even possible to purify them, while the bodies of his loyal frostborn (used as a general term here, not just for the dwarves), continued to pile.

Ultimately, it was a visiting group of Gnomes from the Borean Tundra that provided the answer Mimiron needed.

By studying the Curse of Flesh that had been used upon the Titans creations by the Old Gods, naturally aberrant titan creations (Mechazod's corpse), and the bodies of defeated Iron Dwarves, mimiron devised a method that would remove the taint.

In a climactic battle the mechagnomes were able to purify the iron dwarves that had been corraled by Thorim's forces, and appointed them as the new, "long arm" of the titans creations in the world outside the storm peaks, where they would be unable to return to the facilities loken had granted them access to, should their corruption return.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 PM

World Builder

Runes Rough Timeline

Much, MUCH more to be added over the next few days.

0 - Mists of Pandaria - Alliance vs. Horde War, Alliance victory.

Pandaria insists all foreign military forces remove themselves from its borders.

1 - Ensuing year of military struggle in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms as the Horde struggles to defend its borders.

Centaur founded "Khanate" joins together and revives the ancient Agammagan to win the favor of the Quillboar. The united groups turn the tide against the entrenched Horde.

Horde forces aside from the Forsaken are forced to withdraw from the Eastern Kingdoms.

Gronn and Dragonmaw briefly turn the tide against the Khanate.

The Kalimdor Horde is ultimately defeated after a brutal and bloody campaign.

The Tauren begin peace negotiations in the absence of Orcish leadership, on behalf of the Horde.

Lordaeron Reclamation Campaign begins in earnest in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Genn Greymane kills Sylvanas.

The Forsaken forces are routed and flee to the Ghostlands or Northrend.

The Alliance reclaims Lordaeron

2 - The Alliance places the Horde under harsh economic and military restrictions. Chunks of Azshara and Orgrimmar are deconstructed.

Part of the Orcish population is deported to Outland.

The Forsaken forces are routed in the northern Eastern Kingdoms, many flee to the Ghostlands or Northrend.

The Argent Crusade is dissolved. Its holdings reintegrate with the Alliance. Highlord Tirion Fordring retires.

Warlord Krogg becomes Warchief of the Orcish Horde.

Grand Apothecary Lydon heads the Government in Exile of the Forsaken.

Vol'jin assumes leadership of the vast majority of remaining troll tribes following the defeat of the Zandalari.

Forbidden from industrializing, the Horde turns its attention to widespread "Silithid" farming to survive in its harsh territories.

Pandaria Thrives as a center of trade with the Horde due to Alliance restrictions, and the destruction of Kezan.

Prince Anduin Wyrnn begins courting Lady Bianca Hewell, daughter of Lord Hewell, of Gilneas. http://www.wowpedia.org/Lord_Hewell

7 - Five years of relative Alliance domination of Azeroth.

The Alliance formally lifts many of the restrictions on the Horde, but responds to any militarization with veiled threats and SI:7 sabotage or spies.

The Alliance continues to refuse to allow the Forsaken to resettle Lordaeron, or do business in neutral ports, or other areas.

The Ethereals break into the Pandaren smuggling market.

10 - The Qiraji, Nerubians, and Mantid, begin tentative overtures to join the Horde.

12 - The Nerubians, and others formally join the Horde, planning for the "Second Lordaeron Reclamation Campaign" begins in secret among the nerubians and forsaken.

13 - Planning for the Reclamation campaign is brought before the Orcs and Horde at large.

17 - "Second Lordaeron Reclamation campaign" begins.

Forsaken landfall allows the Nerubians to begin digging through the landscape and collapse supports for several key Alliance area's.

Jungle trolls to the distant south begin aggressive campaign of reclamation in Stranglethorn.

Alliance forces in Stormwind initially underestimate the jungle trolls, and are forced to divert increasingly large divisions of forces to hold the southern border.

In northern Lordaeron Forsaken and Nerubians incite local spiders through the use of pheremones. Causing them to assault human livestock and the occasional villager.

Alliance forces are ambushed as they attempt to deal with the landing forces, but begin to employ various means in hunting down the nerubians through their tunnels.

Forest Troll forces begin to swarm Alliance settlements.

Lorna Crowley organizes the defense of Silverpine, and evacuation of alliance civilians through the forest into Gilneas, then by ship to Kul'tiras or Stormwind.

Alliance forces have difficulty resupplying while Gnolls and other 'lesser' races harass their settlements.

Horde guerilla tactics begin to fail as the Alliance navy prevents reinforcements and collapses several tunnels

Horde forces in Kalimdor limit the involvement of forces outside the eastern Kingdoms in an attempt to buy the Forsaken time.

20- Forsaken forces 'bracken' the water in several area's, causing them to spawn aggressive fungal creatures.

Alliance forces grow frustrated with the difficulty of 'burning out' brackened water area's, due to the lack of necrotic energy making the light less effective in purging them.

Alliance air superiority is challenged when Forsaken Spider Handlers working with Forest trolls essentially cut off the Hinterlands from Alliance aid.

Nerubian and Qiraji forces collapse the various narrow passes connecting hillsbrad to the Hinterlands and Darrowmere forests, and Tirisfal to slow Alliance forces.

Alliance forces repeatedly fail to hold territory despite victory in actual battle against the Forsaken and Nerubians.

23- Aerie Peak falls to Forest troll forces with Nerubian and Forsaken backing, the alliance pulls its forces from a large section of the darrowmere forests (WPL) to avoid overextending itself, and moves into the eastern area's.

Finding the upper territories of Lordaeron largely uninhabitable, alliance forces pull back to Capital City(Lordaeron/tirisfal), Stratholme, Tyr's hand, Gilneas, and the Arathi Highlands to reorganize. The vast majority of supplies are moved by airship or heavily armed convoy.

Forsaken forces begin landing en masse and attempt to entrench themselves, but SI:7 forces disrupt the landings and sabotage construction, greatly slowing the process.

The Forsaken largely opt for large underground area's with narrow, thin, tall spires jutting out, in order to make sabotage more difficult, and to minimize interaction with the 'modified' wildlife.

26 - Forsaken forces field a proper army against the Thoradin wall. Alliance forces in eastern Darrowmere attempt to flank the Forsaken but Blood Elven forces coupled with Qiraji, animate powerful servants that prevent them from intervening in the conflict.

Alliance forces bring large numbers of Dark Iron made golems to bear against the Forsaken in Arathi, initially it seems that they may be able to push past the wall and reclaim Hillsbrad or the Hinterlands aswell, but Horde forces destroy the Thandol span.

Isolated from land reinforcements Stromgarde is ultimately defeated when Forest Troll shaman harness the power of the disparate elemental rings and overwhelm its defenders, though the Horde forces are largely decimated by dragonfire as the Stromgardian forces are pushed back to the coast.

Throughout the conflict intervention by the mortal dragonflights was present, but largely confined to Northrend, where they were pushed out of their traditional dragonshrines by Magnataur hordes.

The Holy city of Stratholme evacuates much of its populace and carves a bloody swathe through Horde forces to reach Tyr's Hand. The city is left 'heavily consecrated' and nearly unapproachable by most members of the Forsaken.

30 - "Second Lordaeron Reclamation campaign" is successful.*

Forsaken issue a proclamation offering amnesty to any humans that renounce Alliance citizenship and enter indentured servitude on the surface area's of Forsaken territories.

*(A note: Alliance forces largely evacuated due to the belief that the Forsaken would target civilians and utilize a scourgelike plague. Though civilian area's were destroyed it was largely due to rampant spiders and Fungal beasts rather than intentional malice for bodies, due to the Forsaken policy /of growing flesh in vats and animating it separately).

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-26-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Elune

An awesome update, can't wait for more.

+1 For remembering Lydon.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM

World Builder

Runes

The Human Kingdoms in the wake of the "Second Spider war"

The Forsaken's 'reclamation of the upper section of the Eastern Kingdoms is viewed as the "Second Spider war" among the Alliance due to the fact they do not recognize the Forsaken's claim to the land (thus, it cannot be 'reclaimed'), aswell as the presence of the nerubians and insect like forsaken "Crawlers" that harassed their ships and coastlines.

It's often shortened to "The spider war" due to lack of common knowledge about the war the nerubians fought with the scourge so many years ago.

Due to the Forsaken's reputation for civilian casualties, much of lordaeron's population was evacuated, though casualties in Stromgarde and The Hinterlands were considerably higher.

At the moment, there's considerable clamor for a campaign to defeat the Forsaken. The Horde's conquest of the Dragonblight and expansion of its borders in Kalimdor have only heightened tensions, but most focus at the moment is on fortifying existing territory and picking up military preparations and other policies that had grown lax up until the war.

Most of Stromgarde's population has relocated to Kul'tiras, while much of Lordaeron has moved to Gilneas, Stormwind, or even Ironforge.

Reception of the refugees has been primarily warm and welcoming, though there are the occasional surges in crime or violence that come with large scale migration of people.

Most members of the Alliance don't even truly consider the war "over", merely that it's undergoing a lull. Any serious suggestion of peace with the Forsaken is considered traitorous, blasphemous, and heretical, not to mention insane.

An odd result of the war is that, aside from the sparse violence brought by the occasional cultural or social conflicts between the refugees moving to the other kingdoms, crime has declined as a result of the Forsaken offering sanctuary to living humans should they enter indentured servitude among the Forsaken in exchange for being raised.

Any individual that leaves for such reasons is not fondly remembered, though as the vast majority are bandits and the like looking for a 'new start', they're hardly missed, though occasionally if it's learned that someone intends to go 'live with the rotters', the kind human citizens will, under cover of night, move to 'expedite' the process. (In case I'm being vague, they'll kill em).

A large section of Stromgarde's, and the Wildhammer's military have settled in the Wetlands, with a few humans even moving to the Twilight Highlands since it reminds them of their mountainous home.

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-30-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM

World Builder

Runes Three basic "period" and Imports/Exports

Alright I'm beginning to see three basic time periods emerge in this.

1. Alliance ascendant, defeat of the Horde, Pandaria's independence.

2. Horde reclamation of territory, equalization, Pandaria's economic rise.

3. "Cold War"

Alright, to take away from some of the drama of the Lordaeron stuff...

Horde:

After their defeat in Pandaria, Orcs and Tauren lost chunks of Azshara, were pushed out of Feralas, Ashenvale, and stonetalon, and the Khanate even briefly tore up Mulgore, leading to a period of famine.

This was compounded by the Alliance sanctions limiting their ability to import things from the EK, so they couldn't bring in tropical fruits and the like in from Stranglethorn, which also cut them off from a chunk of the Darkspear, which had relocated to the Vale to avoid Alliance fleets moving towards Kalimdor following Pandaria (mostly nonmilitary merchants and scholars that had been in pandaria, plus their escort)

This was less of an issue with the blood elves, which were mostly self-sufficient in Quel'thalas due to its relatively fertile woods, and the Forsaken, which barely eat.

A large part of the starvation was the result of many of the older orcs being moved to outland by the Alliance, while Ogres were less of a priority at the time due to it being exceedingly costly to relocate them, and the (correct) Alliance belief that handling them would occupy a large part of the weakened Horde's focus.

Ogres naturally require a large amount of food and were generally allotted a fair amount in order to prevent riots and the like.

At first, it seemed this would break the Horde apart, after all, there's little sense letting your family starve while feeding the ogres, or feeding your family only to have the ogres bash through a wall and take the food, or cut the ogres loose to have them cut down by the Alliance or get into some sort of trouble.

Megs Dreadshredder eventually mentioned to Warchief Krogg, that the Ogres are able to digest silithid meat, and given the rapid rate of production silithid have, they proved a viable

The Forsaken, both in Northrend and in the reclaimed area's of Lordaeron that they claim, focus primarily on Mushrooms and various smaller vermin (rats, grubs, beetles, etc...)

The nerubians dwelling in Forsaken territories generally subsist off of fish from the coast, bats, or jormungar larva bred on Fenris isle, occasionally deigning to feed on funguses and the like if they're too poor to afford more affluent fare.

Alliance:

Following the victory in Pandaria, and the administration of sanctions to the Horde, the Alliance began the arduous process of rebuilding, renewing and refortifying their own territories.

Among humans (and dwarves), sheep become the most common farm animal, with chickens becoming a close second, as pork becomes less common due to wild boards from westfall running wild from ruined or abandoned farms, and becoming viewed as nuisances and pests. Cows occupy something of a middleground.

Most common crops remain pumpkins, apples and wheat, with Dwarves favoring potatoes and the like.

The Night Elves, noting the toll on the forest the war's had taken, largely turn fruits and vegetables, or the sea for their food, and wild game becomes something for rare celebrations, or simply a byproduct when the Night Elves feel it necessary to correct the balance in the recovering forests.

Due to their island location, the Draenei favor fishing to supply themselves with food, but also work with the local furbolg to set up small fields near the exodar for growing sand pears and other various fruits.

Gnomes continue to trade devices and other goods they produce to the dwarves in exchange for most of their food, though Mekkatorque has taken to setting up small farms in the mountains that tend 'emergency livestock'. Mostly Chickens, but also a number of grains for making alcohol (under suggestion of the dwarves.)

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 01-30-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old 02-05-2012, 05:15 PM

Archer

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Warcraft. Warcraft never changes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh_ZT...eature=related

Replace megaton with Pandaria

“Faith in faith' he answered himself. 'It isn't necessary to have something to believe in. It's only necessary to believe that somewhere there's something worthy of belief” - Gully Foyle, Stars my Destination
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM

World Builder

Runes

Alright, after some rereading I've come to the conclusion that in an attempt to keep the status quo for reasons beyond my ken, I made the entire 'war for lordaeron' crap really stupid and regressive, I guess originally it was supposed to be parody? I dunno.

I just know that looking over it again that crap's gonna have to change once I get some free time.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 AM

World Builder

Runes

Hm, with all these Mists updates I dunno if I should adjust some things or keep to my original ideas... probably the original, so I can implement some non-chinese asian creatures too.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 AM

Elune

Oi you lazy cow, get off your ass and update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
Hm, with all these Mists updates I dunno if I should adjust some things or keep to my original ideas... probably the original, so I can implement some non-chinese asian creatures too.
Original definitely, the truth is that with a sweeping AU fic such as this you will be Jossed - the end, so it is pointless to worry about it. Though I'd say use canon material from MoP if it fits with your pre-established ideas.