Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-17-2017, 12:36 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Alliance Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Well holy shit! Holy fucking shit!

I can totally see Dalaran remaining Alliance now, added to the fact that they're rebuilding the area around the Crater, and the recent ideas about Aethas proposed in the Void elf thread.
Dalaran is for the Neutral, now and forever.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
What's wrong with Nobundo? You got something against old men?
If you people want rogues and warlocks among Draenei then Akama makes more sense. Don’t think we’ll be seeing him again. He’s been Tosh’d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:03 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Holy cow, I didn't even remember this!

All the way back in Tides of War, Jaina told the Kirin Tor members: "Will you act when Teldrasil falls? When they are burning a world tree?"

Given Christie Golden is now part of Blizzard's lore team, I wonder if burning Teldrassil was her idea?
This response makes sense tho although I think it would be interesting

No direct foreshadowing at all, I think this could be pretty clear. Or at least not intentionally? Back then, Christie Golden wasn't a direct part of the lore/writing team. She also wrote War Crimes, but in War Crimes, Jaina -did- forgive Thrall during the trial and it seemed rather fine between her and the Horde. Yet, we never quite got that impression afterwards. It seems like, they're going with that canon still, now that Christie is on the team, in order to actually avoid a retcon on that part and with the Horde & Alliance conflict at the heart of BfA, they literally turned that quote into a thing that will happen, sort of like it was "intentionally foreshadowed". That's my take on it, anyway. I was fine with Metzen writing - I like Christie's writing. But I think with her on the team, we may see improvements here and there.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:53 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

We all know the Undercity battle is going to end with Sylvanas blighting it so bad not even the Forsaken can live there and Jaina arriving at the last minute, teleporting the Alliance forces to Gilneas City to lead us into Kul Tiras questing.

The Alliance will be battling it out over Northern Eastern Kingdoms while the Horde somehow manage to blitzkrieg over the Night Elves, who pull a France and surrender/go into exile or some shit.

If we are lucky we will get to see the Deathknell destroyed and Tirisfal taken as equivalent to the Teldrassil zone, with all the bastions of Forsaken power smashed (Brill, Tarren Mill, the Bulwark) and the rest besieged.

That, or they will temporarily phase Gilneas to a reclaimed state, and then turn it off when we finish the quest.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-17-2017, 05:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Khadgar is alliance.

Always has been the faction campaign for alliance is about sons of lothar+ anduni.

also noticed Saurfang isnt bald on the scalp.

Btag is Hulk#23939

Last edited by Gurzog; 11-17-2017 at 05:15 AM..
Old 11-17-2017, 05:08 AM

Eternal

I wonder if the pre expansion quests will have us use our Artifacts in conjunction with all the power in Dalaran to seal off Argus from Azeroth once we have defeated Sargeras? It would be a fitting way for our artifact to be powered down, its power being expended focusing Dalarans might into that huge spell.

Especially since I doubt they want Argus to be permenantly hanging overhead. Was it overhead in the skies in the new zones, for those that got to play?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-17-2017, 12:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I wonder if the pre expansion quests will have us use our Artifacts in conjunction with all the power in Dalaran to seal off Argus from Azeroth once we have defeated Sargeras? It would be a fitting way for our artifact to be powered down, its power being expended focusing Dalarans might into that huge spell.

Especially since I doubt they want Argus to be permenantly hanging overhead. Was it overhead in the skies in the new zones, for those that got to play?
I expect it goes away once you clear Antorus
Old 11-17-2017, 12:42 PM

Arch-Druid

They've said that we'll still be able to collect some/most Artifact appearances after Legion. Which implies that the Artifacts aren't completely "going away" going away after Legion. It would be hard to collect appearances on something that didn't exist in one form or another.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:26 PM

Arch-Druid

They said there would be a proper story send-off to the Artifacts near the end of Legion. I’m guessing they’ll be depowered somehow (healing the Wound?) and each will have a conclusion.

Some guesses:
- The most dangerous ones will be locked away (knaifu, Aluneth, Skull of Man’ari), maybe guarded by Kirin Tor or Azuregos.
- Some will be safeguarded by the orders, to wait next time the world is in danger.
- Some will be passed away to its rightful owners/heirs. Lor’themar may get Felo’melorn, Alleria gets her bow (maybe passes it to Vereesa?), Strom’kar could end in the hands of Danath, and so on.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-17-2017, 02:29 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
They said there would be a proper story send-off to the Artifacts near the end of Legion. I’m guessing they’ll be depowered somehow (healing the Wound?) and each will have a conclusion.

Some guesses:
- The most dangerous ones will be locked away (knaifu, Aluneth, Skull of Man’ari), maybe guarded by Kirin Tor or Azuregos.
- Some will be safeguarded by the orders, to wait next time the world is in danger.
- Some will be passed away to its rightful owners/heirs. Lor’themar may get Felo’melorn, Alleria gets her bow (maybe passes it to Vereesa?), Strom’kar could end in the hands of Danath, and so on.
I wouldn't be surprised, given the old god themes BfA has (Azshara, Uldir, the Sea Priests and Kul Tiras' general obsession with depictions of N'Zoth-esque octopuses) that Xal'atath might become an enemy, maybe even a dungeon or raid boss.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:33 PM

Elune

Why are alliance corrupted with void and horde corrupted with fel?
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-17-2017, 02:55 PM

Treant

Quote:
Of the Highmountains, I remember Mayla (great chieftain) and Lasan (chieftain of the Skyhorn). There's the Rivermane shaman as well, but can't remember her name, and the friendly drogbar, who I should remember the name because I liked him a lot but for some reason it escapes me now.
I will never forget Warbrave Oro...
Old 11-17-2017, 03:39 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised, given the old god themes BfA has (Azshara, Uldir, the Sea Priests and Kul Tiras' general obsession with depictions of N'Zoth-esque octopuses) that Xal'atath might become an enemy, maybe even a dungeon or raid boss.
Xal'atath did not mark me as a team player
Old 11-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I think some of the more memorable artifacts will appear again, and Xal'atath will most probably be used by a villain (or become the villain) at some point in the future.

Other artifacts that have a chance of sticking around are the ones I mentioned being passed to owners/heirs.

Felo'melorn going to Lor'themar (despite him not being a mage) or Rommath would be very interesting.

Thas'dorah makes sense in the hands of Vereesa (if she's not the dead elf in the Teldrassil pictures, of course), its standard appearance matches very well her outfit.

Strom'kar should go to Danath and appear with him in the Stromgarde Warfront.

Doomhammer will probably stick around, but I don't know if in the hands of Thrall (most likely) or another character (who?).

Another one that should appear again is Ashbringer. The problem is that none of the NPC Silver Hand characters is big enough to be worthy of wielding it.

Last edited by Deicide; 11-17-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 11-17-2017, 05:39 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
I think some of the more memorable artifacts will appear again, and Xal'atath will most probably be used by a villain (or become the villain) at some point in the future.

Other artifacts that have a chance of sticking around are the ones I mentioned being passed to owners/heirs.

Felo'melorn going to Lor'themar (despite him not being a mage) or Rommath would be very interesting.

Thas'dorah makes sense in the hands of Vereesa (if she's not the dead elf in the Teldrassil pictures, of course), its standard appearance matches very well her outfit.

Strom'kar should go to Danath and be appear with him in the Stromgarde Warfront.

Doomhammer will probably stick around, but I don't know if in the hands of Thrall (most likely) or another character (who?).

Another one that should appear again is Ashbringer. The problem is that none of the NPC Silver Hand characters is big enough to be worthy of wielding it.
Green Jesus is obviously getting his doomhammer back, Ashbringer should go to Turaylon but knowing blizzard it will go to a Tauren or Blood Elf who uses it to kill Alliance.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niryv View Post
Green Jesus is obviously getting his doomhammer back, Ashbringer should go to Turaylon but knowing blizzard it will go to a Tauren or Blood Elf who uses it to kill Alliance.
Turalyon already has his own artifact sword made out of Lothar's. He also has no story with Ashbringer nor has earned any right to wield it in any way beyond being a famous paladin.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:45 PM

Dryad

Someone mentioned that maybe the Class Orders would "confiscate"/safeguard the Artifact Waeapons once their wielders turned against each other, since they are supposed to be used against the Legion and similar enemies, not for some stupid Faction conflict. I admit I warmed to the idea. I wouldn't like to see all of them simply destroyed. Some still have lots of story to play out, others are too significant lorewise to simply vanish like that.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Eternal

Kinda skeptical that Blizzard will give a proper ending to each and every artifact. I fully expect them to have generic endings and be unempowered. Then probably stored in the class hall, maybe something like the class order demands the player to step down and relinquish the artifacts if they are going to use it in the faction war.

Of course I could see niche cases of the extremely memorable artifacts getting more, but I don't see most getting it. One like Doomhammer could probably go to Thrall. Most of them like Ebonchill/Fu-zan will likely collect dust.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:51 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Kinda skeptical that Blizzard will give a proper ending to each and every artifact. I fully expect them to have generic endings and be unempowered. Then probably stored in the class hall, maybe something like the class order demands the player to step down and relinquish the artifacts if they are going to use it in the faction war.

Of course I could see niche cases of the extremely memorable artifacts getting more, but I don't see most getting it. One like Doomhammer could probably go to Thrall. Most of them like Ebonchill/Fu-zan will likely collect dust.
They did say in one of the many interviews/Q&As in the last few weeks that the artifacts would get a proper send-off near the end of Legion. I may be misremembering the actual words, but I think they said there would be a quest for each artifact.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:49 PM

Elune

Thrall holds a stone (not the urn of jinjin) in the panel.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Turalyon already has his own artifact sword made out of Lothar's. He also has no story with Ashbringer nor has earned any right to wield it in any way beyond being a famous paladin.
I mean, Tirion had absolutely no relationship or history with it either before he got it and could suddenly cleanse it out of nowhere. What's another paladin after that?

But yeah, while I'd like it I also don't expect individual quests for each artifact. It's clear from 7.3's handling of the class content that Blizz has wiped their hands of order halls.

Last edited by Asterisk; 11-17-2017 at 09:32 PM..
Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'd rather just let the Ashbringer rest on top of Alexandros's grave.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I'd rather just let the Ashbringer rest on top of Alexandros's grave.
To stop him from getting out?
Old 11-18-2017, 01:01 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
To stop him from getting out?
To reunite it with its other true owner, the second true owner being Highlord Nazja.

Say no to Tirion and other lesser paladins wielding the Ashbringer!
Old 11-18-2017, 01:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
To reunite it with its other true owner, the second true owner being Highlord Crazyterran,

Say no to Tirion and other lesser paladins wielding the Ashbringer!
fixt.

Six more class campaigns to go, nine more sentinax grinds.

Qq.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft