Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Elune

Default Tier Sets and you! A transmog discussion

Going through all of the various tier sets, I want to have a discussion on the classes/specs and sets and what you like/dislike, use or not use for your characters.

For my toons, I have certain tier sets that I use with certain specs.

For my DK and her three specs I found that there are several sets that fit her specs perfectly.

For my blood spec I like to use the red color Tier 15. The mouths and teeth really sync very well with the "vampire" feel.

For my frost spec I like to use blue color Tier 11. The whole icy blue look just screams frost.

For my unholy spec I use the LFR Tier 14. The skull, the pieces that drop off the head piece gives me that "Death Guard" vibe which works very well for this spec.

I'll go through the remaining classes, but I am interested to read/see what you guys also come up with!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

What I use on my hunter depends on the race I've currently race changed her to.

As an elf, I use Legion's T19 or, when I feel like I want something a little less conspicuous, the Trailseeker Set from WoD's Salvage Yard.

As an orc, I either use Wrath's T9 or the Warsong set.

As a troll, it's either MoP's T15 Shaman set.

As a draenei... does any mail set really look good on them? Probably the same as all the other races I haven't mentioned already; Trailblazer or Grunt/Footman gear.

For allied races, if they are Zandalari or Nightborne, probably the Heritage Armour or whatever I use on trolls and elves. Probably also Heritage Armour on a Dark Iron.

Edit:
Completely forgot Legion's T22 Shaman set. The one that is also based on the Zandalari. I would also use that one on trolls if I had it.

Last edited by Nazja; 01-13-2018 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 11:46 AM

Arch-Druid

My mage is wearing normal (the purple version) Antorus, but with the head and shoulders turned off. That's my favorite set in the game right now.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

My priest is wearing Nighthold's normal tier. I was really impressed with it, and I love how it looks on her.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
My priest is wearing Nighthold's normal tier. I was really impressed with it, and I love how it looks on her.
The LFR version (Scarlet Crusade colours!) is probably my favourite cloth set, followed closely by Antorus' normal-mode mage set. It looks really great with Discipline's Hidden Artefact skin and makes my characters feel like the xenophobic witch hunters they're meant to be.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
What I use on my hunter depends on the race I've currently race changed her to.
Stop wasting your money fuck get a pimp or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM

Arch-Druid

My main Troll warrior almost always wears full T6.

Hunter is Fleet Commander Pirate Hussy

And then of course "edgelord" DH using parts of T20 and starting gear. I am a sucker for Talon of Azhsara. Almost always use it when I can Dual wield swords.

Last edited by Ardeiute; 01-13-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 PM

Elune

My priest, when she is in healing mode, will wear the Tier 5 with the matching staff while when she is in shadow will wear Tier 6.

Although its funny looking on a nelf compared to a human. But there isn't a whole lot of Elune inspired stuff besides the mooncloth robe.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:02 PM

Sentinel Queen

From MoP to when I got my mage tower appearance for discipline, I've used tier 13 and its recolors on my priest. It's such an amazing set, but now I use Warlords season 2 to match with my artifact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
My priest, when she is in healing mode, will wear the Tier 5 with the matching staff while when she is in shadow will wear Tier 6.

Although its funny looking on a nelf compared to a human. But there isn't a whole lot of Elune inspired stuff besides the mooncloth robe.
Actually, there are three sets that come to mind for night elf priests. Tier 3 and 7.5 (a lot of night elf priest NPCs can be seen in this), tier 8 and the purple recolor (the blue shoulders look amazing with the mooncloth robe), and tier 11 (representing the moonwells and even the Tear of Elune).
Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM

As a fan of the Outlaw spec, Fencer's Reach and pirates, Legion's Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel is a must have for my rogue. Unfortunately, some races don't wear it as well as others (I'm looking at you, gnomes and goblins!), but since my rogue is currently (and probably staying) human, who cares?

While other Alliance characters are waiting for B4A to wear Kul Tiran haute couture, my rogue is more than ready to board some Zandalari ships and force orclings to walk the plank!

(Although... there's Kezan in B4A! Maybe I need a goblin rogue too.)
Old 01-14-2018, 07:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
As a fan of the Outlaw spec, Fencer's Reach and pirates, Legion's Regalia of the Dashing Scoundrel is a must have for my rogue. Unfortunately, some races don't wear it as well as others (I'm looking at you, gnomes and goblins!), but since my rogue is currently (and probably staying) human, who cares?

While other Alliance characters are waiting for B4A to wear Kul Tiran haute couture, my rogue is more than ready to board some Zandalari ships and force orclings to walk the plank!

I love that Rogue set as well. To me it looks very Gilnean. But my rogue is currently human and since all I do is LFR, I have to find a good set of boots to go with it. If she was worgen then it's not much of an issue since none of my worgen toons wear shoes, but I plan on making her a velf when the time comes.

Speaking of leather wearers... for my two druids I like to put my nelf in the Tier 5 until I can finish getting my Tier 21 set put together since she is a bear and that set just screams bear druid. As for my worgen druid the choice is pretty simple, Tier 15. It's really the only Gilnean/worgen tier set and it fits her perfectly as a boomkin.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:53 AM

Eternal

I like how the hidden skin matches the set and even her bones.
Attached Images

Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
You don't.
Quote:
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You don't.
If I don't now, I certainly will once the new models are revealed.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
If I don't now, I certainly will once the new models are revealed.
Just make a goblin of a different class then.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Just make a goblin of a different class then.
When Cata got released, I decided to switch my hunter main for... wait for it... another hunter main!

So I levelled a goblin hunter to... what was it? 85? Only to decide that I'd rather continue playing my old hunter (whom I race changed to a goblin). Anyway, I still have that second hunter. She's only level 100 though.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:35 PM

Elune

Your goblin wishes to look like a common orc grunt?

How the mighty have fallen...

One thing that I really loved with this xpac is what they did with locks. So much excitement over the weapons and the mounts and finally being able to match colors across the board. (Although I do have a problem with the orange mount skin since it's suppose to be "destruction" but mine has fel fire instead of the lesser mage fire color.)

So for my Destruction set, I have several different tier sets that I like.

Tier 5 works really well and I'm building my Tier 17 set right. But when I color match the fel green across the board I found that set that you get through WQ to be the right choice.

For affliction I went with tier 10 (25 man) and purple as the overall theme. Tier 9 and orange theme works just as well. If you want to mix it up then Tier 12 any color gives you more options to play with in regards to what theme you want and suits affliction very well.

For demonology there was really only one choice and that the Tier 6 and Tier 20.