Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-15-2017, 11:30 AM

Problemsolver

I'm genuinely looking forward to levelling up a character, just to get to redo all the dungeons that have since been redesigned and changed.

The Wailing Caverns will be a true labyrinth again, all winding and intricate, with the viper bosses spawning at random locations throughout the caves. The Scarlet Monastary will return to its former glory, with four portals and four dungeons, and attunement requirements. Old school Scholomance, with it's some fifteen bosses, hopefully tuned for 10-man dungeoneering, will also be a fun revisit.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Sentinel Queen

[QUOTE=Feltongue;1611071Fear Ward[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten priest racial powers.
If you roll priest, you have to roll dwarf.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh no, reagents for spells.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

I'm still doing a nelf priest because I like roleplaying. Oh, and it will be a male priest.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:59 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Oh, and it will be a male priest.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM

Arch-Druid

Oh man Starshards. Useless but so pretty.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:46 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
I had forgotten priest racial powers.
If you roll priest, you have to roll dwarf.
Such a subtle nuance that should have been left in-game.

I also miss the days of Alliance-only Paladins and Horde-only Shamans...

Fucking Goblin Shamans was a complete atrocity...
Old 11-15-2017, 06:26 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Hire a paralegal to prep the papers, and just give her everything. It'll be cheaper that way.
Now that's a fine post.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Such a subtle nuance that should have been left in-game.

I also miss the days of Alliance-only Paladins and Horde-only Shamans...

Fucking Goblin Shamans was a complete atrocity...
Yeah, cause you played Alliance and didn't have to contend with crazy things like mana, threat or fear, while all the Horde Priest racials were good for was PvP.
And you people are surprised why Horde pride is such a thing.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:44 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Yeah, cause you played Alliance and didn't have to contend with crazy things like mana, threat or fear, while all the Horde Priest racials were good for was PvP.
And you people are surprised why Horde pride is such a thing.
Honestly, I don't play clothies at all. Drop your persecution complex and pick up a real weapon.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:57 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Blizzard

Class Balance in Classic Servers
I personally think its fair to have a discussion about classes/specs in Classic, considering class balancing as a philosophy didn't exist back then as it does now. The idea of a "hybrid tax" was obviously not very good in the grand scheme of overarching class design and it made some specs arguably not viable/unplayable. I'm not suggesting we make huge changes or even small changes at all for that matter, but that it is a worthwhile conversation to have. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We've been reading and talking about Classic within the Community team almost every day. Before BlizzCon we were all so nervous and, really, amazed that this project was actually going to be announced at the show. But we do need to make sure things are kept in perspective - we don't want to jump onto too much of a hype/posting train, as its still all coming together and there's not much that is concrete.

I can guarantee you that the Classic team will be listening, and we will be forwarding as much along as we can. We know this project means a lot to a lot of players, and it means a lot to us too. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ten bucks say "Don't expect vanilla Classic". Which is reasonable; they need to make money of this.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Anyone else looking forward to having relics again? And having to carry your Earth, Fire, Air and Water totems on you?

Wasn't there a low level Totem relic you get get by combining your four elemental totems? If anyone remembers what it was called let me know.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 11-17-2017 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-17-2017, 04:13 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Anyone else looking forward to having relics again? And having to carry your Earth, Fire, Air and Water totems on you?

Wasn't there a low level Totem relic you get get by combining your four elemental totems? If anyone remembers what it was called let me know.
I had a Warrior that rolled engineering back in the day... I sort of enjoyed having an excuse to carry a gun and make my own ammo...
Old 11-18-2017, 09:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Honestly, I don't play clothies at all. Drop your persecution complex and pick up a real weapon.
What are Priests.
What is raidleading.
What is greying hair in your early 20s cause you're racing Nefarian for server first.
BWL has broken me.

But I agree, Engineering was the shit in Classic. I loved the stun/mind control helmet, good shenanigans.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:31 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
What are Priests.
What is raidleading.
What is greying hair in your early 20s cause you're racing Nefarian for server first.
BWL has broken me.

But I agree, Engineering was the shit in Classic. I loved the stun/mind control helmet, good shenanigans.
"Warrior Tank? Engineering Shield for group tanking or go home, scrub."
Old 11-20-2017, 07:43 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
[Snip]

Ten bucks say "Don't expect vanilla Classic". Which is reasonable; they need to make money of this.
It's really not.

Expecting this stuff to change eventually is one thing but if they go into the server launch with the "we're changing stuff, too bad" line off thought then you're going to lose a large portion of the initial audience right off the bat and cast a cloud over the whole thing from the get go. If the "TRUE vanilla or gtfo" group don't get what they want you can expect them to do everything they can to run the whole thing into the ground. Considering a large number of these people have been playing classic on private servers on and off for ages you can be certain they're dedicated.

Besides, I'll bet a large portion of the reason they're doing this is for the same reason they did the Wow token. That is, to do some serious damage to another entity leeching off their work. If they chase away all the people who want to support the official company by not giving them what they want then there's no chance private servers stop being a thing anytime in the near future, hell they may even have a resurgence from all the controversies attention. An outcome I doubt Blizzard would like.

That all being said, the smart move would be launching as true vanilla, letting that stick for half a year and letting the community absorb how things are and come round to change on their own. The die-hards may never change but i'd be surprised if most didn't come round on class balance changes. There's just a real apprehension for the slippery slope thoughtline that if Blizzard changes one thing then it'll never end. They're not even wrong in a lot of cases. Wows been round long enough to see how plenty of things players whinged about until they got ultimately weren't very good for the game.

Personally. I favour class balances but even that idea isn't as easy as it sounds. For example: Paladins don't have a taunt in vanilla. Assuming we want the spec to work in high level content: does that mean it's ok to add one? You fucked up if you picked anything but a Dwarf Priest because of Fear Ward. Should that remain? There are many more changes like that to be considered and that's without even getting into the stuff that sets me on edge: Plenty of abilities in vanilla were very niche. If they're balancing classes and they determine something isn't necessary then what stops them throwing out the old bs "pruning" line?

The deeper you go into this, the harder it gets. There is no "Just do class changes". Everything is linked and every person draws the line somewhere else. I expect many a migraine for whoever is in charge of this at Blizz.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Sentinel Queen

One thing to keep in mind is that Blizzard will want to keep the resources spent on Classic to a minimum.
Everybody manday spent on it is not spent on the main game.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that Blizzard will want to keep the resources spent on Classic to a minimum.
Everybody manday spent on it is not spent on the main game.
They've been quoted as having a separate team for it specifically.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:03 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
They've been quoted as having a separate team for it specifically.
Yeah and IIRC, didn't they mention in their poll the possibility of adding patches/expansions that would be unique to WoW Classic? Having patches for Dragon Isles, Hiji/Tel'Abim and all this stuff could be cool, if done right. Kind of an alternate WoW, that keeps the atmosphere of Classic. Could end up being better than the real deal, which has an absurd power creep and is too focused on characters and not enough on the world.

Tags
classic wow, world of warcraft