Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you choose a race to play mostly based on the appearance or the lore?
Appearance. 9 19.57%
Lore. 26 56.52%
Depends. (Please elaborate.) 9 19.57%
Other reasons. (Please elaborate.) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2016, 05:40 PM

Arch-Druid

I want elves. Barring playable high elves on the Alliance, I'd settle for playable blood elves on the Alliance.

"Why not play a night elf, Ethenil?"

Night elves can't be paladins.

Yet

And because, honestly, the male models aren't all that good.

Last edited by Ethenil; 11-12-2016 at 05:44 PM..
Old 11-12-2016, 07:00 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Nightbourne when?
Too bad that they probably won't consider adding four centauric races, like Fal'dorei.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:57 AM

Glaive Thrower
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Bi~faction system is obsolete.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:55 PM

Trade Baroness

Random post:

Whenever the topic of subraces gets brought up, undead elves (and to a lesser extent dwarves and gnomes) often get brought up as options for the Forsaken. While the first option is completely fair given that both undead and fair elves are on the same faction, I'd rather stick to more human undead. Right now, all the Forsaken look like the reanimated corpses of relatively recently diseased Lordaeronians whose cause of death was the plague. That leaves us with lots of options for more Forsaken "subraces".

You could have corporeal and incorporeal undead humans. You could have recently diseased (current Forsaken) and ancient dead undead humans. You could have undead who died by the sword, due to the plague, drowning, beheading... Remember the old vanilla skeletal warriors that used play with their heads? Your Forsaken could do that too, while idle!

Having said that, I have to admit that adding many of those options would be more work than they're worth, but some of them, the ones that could be implemented via textures and/or minor alterations, could be viable. Give the Forsaken kvaldir-like skin options and you got yourself drowned/sea draugr Forsaken.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:36 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I'd like for subraces to add something to their races and factions, and that would mean being a little culturally distinct.

For instance, dark iron dwarves would give us more dark magic, and while dwarves can be a shitload of classes already, I imagine we'd see more dark iron shadow priest, warlock, fire mage and rogue NPCs than we see Ironforge representatives of those races. Similarly, while we have a shitload of Draenei holy priests and paladins, we'd see a lore more draenei warriors, shamans and maybe even rogues if we added playable broken.

So undead who "died a funny way" don't add much to the Forsaken, and might be better served by just adding more cosmetic options. Undead elves would double down on the dark ranger angle of the forsaken, and I would also love to see playable Kvaldir.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:50 PM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
I'd like for subraces to add something to their races and factions, and that would mean being a little culturally distinct.

For instance, dark iron dwarves would give us more dark magic, and while dwarves can be a shitload of classes already, I imagine we'd see more dark iron shadow priest, warlock, fire mage and rogue NPCs than we see Ironforge representatives of those races. Similarly, while we have a shitload of Draenei holy priests and paladins, we'd see a lore more draenei warriors, shamans and maybe even rogues if we added playable broken.

So undead who "died a funny way" don't add much to the Forsaken, and might be better served by just adding more cosmetic options. Undead elves would double down on the dark ranger angle of the forsaken, and I would also love to see playable Kvaldir.
While I kinda agree with you, I assume that, if we ever get subraces, all of them would just amount to extra cosmetic options for the base race, gameplay-wise. If lore is gonna take the back seat anyways, why concern myself too much with it?

(Kvaldir-like Forsaken could actually add flavour to the Forsaken. They already dredge up sunken ships and put them back together, so why stop at that and not also take the entire crew?)
Old 12-21-2016, 11:48 PM

Demon Hunter

What do you think about a playable race that's like the gibberlings in Allods Online where you get three characters for the price of one?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:52 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mending View Post
what do you think about a playable race that's like the gibberlings in allods online where you get three characters for the price of one?
the lag

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-10-2017, 11:08 PM

Warden
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Seeing these MTG cards makes me want playable Ethereals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Anyone who honestly believes that Blizzards shit writing for nonhuman races is based on any kind of Political correctness towards real life groups is deluding themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Haha, yes! I love how mtg and WoW often have very similar things.

Love the aetherborn!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 AM

Trade Baroness

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball

We need more goblinoids. Time to make the missing link between goblins and imps playable, with cute horns and vestigial wings!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Bi~faction system is obsolete.
This.

Neutral factions or guild alliances are the way to go.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 AM

Warden
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
This.

Neutral factions or guild alliances are the way to go.
We Tyria now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Anyone who honestly believes that Blizzards shit writing for nonhuman races is based on any kind of Political correctness towards real life groups is deluding themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
We need more goblinoids. Time to make the missing link between goblins and imps playable, with cute horns and vestigial wings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
What do you think about a playable race that's like the gibberlings in Allods Online where you get three characters for the price of one?
Playable Pygmies when?
Old 01-11-2017, 11:52 AM

Trade Baroness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Playable Pygmies when?
Pygmies are probably the race Blizzard regrets ever adding the most.

Which is silly, considering that the term pygmy is far older than the discovery of the ethnic group Pygmies.

Tags
races i've never mounted, world of warcraft