Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Ore World of Warcraft Reconstruction Expansion idea

K, I know it's early, but I've already got an idea for the next expansion knocking around my head, and they only way I've got to get it out of my head is to post it.

BTW, Reconstruction is just a placeholder title.

The dust has cleared on WoW Legion. The world has been brought to it's knees, and the infrastructure isn't entirely stable. The factions are alive, but barely. Now, instead of rushing off to whatever new place there is for war, we're going where we're going we're going to build.

For a location, I'm thinking mostly whatever isle's of the sea Legion doesn't take (such of Kul'Tiras, Tel Abim, Zandalar, plus some new ones).

On one of these islands, you will be in charge of setting up a colony. You get to choose what races colonize your island, and that will also determine what resources you have for trade. You can trade for other resources you need, and indeed, if you can buy low and sell high, you can make a tidy profit. I'm toying with the idea of allowing you to recruit races from outside your faction to be a part of your colony, but that may be a bridge too far.

The main point is, these are not Garrisons in that they are not military outposts. They're bigger, and the point is to rebuild, not make war.

This is not to say there won't be threats to your new little civilization. Naga, Pirates, Zandalar Trolls, etc. will all be competing with you. You may open up diplomatic dialogue with one and it completely pisses off the other (the same goes for the races you use to make up your colony). You will defend your people from these, but your not out to destroy them.

I'm not certain whether there'd be new races or classes for this. Perhaps Prestige classes based on reputation, diplomacy, and crafting skills. Naga and Ogres are an option, but I'm not sold on including them.

Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:03 PM

Eternal

Or we could just have a fun trade war between cartels to be the breath of fresh air from world of legion/redandblue/craft with undermine as a 5 man to fuck with people.

Why build colonies when you can build businesses?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:14 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Or we could just have a fun trade war between cartels to be the breath of fresh air from world of legion/redandblue/craft with undermine as a 5 man to fuck with people.

Why build colonies when you can build businesses?
Elaborate.

That said, upon your words, I've been thinking. Instead of immediately setting up your colony, perhaps you should just start out as a captain, conducting trade and helping other parties set up their colonies. Then at endgame you can set up your own.

Tags
expac, fanwank