Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-16-2016, 12:23 PM

Arch-Druid

I'd have Warlords be a longer expansion; I'd keep it because we ultimately get Legion out of it and that's cool.

Patch 6.0: This is when we get most of the initial storylines; at the same time, we only get two launch Raids; Highmaul and a Wolvar one (since they were underdeveloped). We start to breed dissent amongst the iron horde, and begin to rally the other races and those orcs who don't believe in what's going on. Blackhand replaces Grommash as the big bad (this makes Grom less of an antagonist); Blackhand doesn't like being a pawn so he enslaves the shadow council to serve his ends. He thinks the situation is strong enough that they can attack Azeroth (the alternate one). Malkorok is once again the shady vizier.

Patch 6.1: New quests pop up; we also get two new raids. Skyreach Pinnacle (we try to help the good akkroa (order of the awakened) into power. THEN we get Blackrock Foundry, to cut off Blackhand's forces. Malkorok is finally killed for good in the fighting (by either Garrosh or Jaina). We also recruit the breakers and primals

Patch 6.2: The Iron Horde is badly crippled, and the Horde Alliance Draenei natives coalition are able to focus on other threats (Cho'gall and his ilk) before the final assault on hellfire. We get the legendary quest where Cordana falls to darkness.....unfortunately Gul'dan makes his move and overthrows Blackhand. He also manages to persuade the orcs to drink the blood of Mannoroth. Grom refuses (he's smart enough to realize that the circumstances of Gul'dan's return are odd), but Kilrogg drinks it.) The situation changes dramatically, and Gul'dan initiates the Burning Legion Invasion. Some of the outcasts join.

Patch 6.3: This involves more of a desperate attempt to stem the legion tide; we stop Gul'dan from corrupting Cyrukh, and than it all culminates in a massive clash with the legion. Hellfire Citadel is the final raid, culminating in a battle with Archimonde. The Warsong Clan has come over to our side. The Elementals of Draenor, as well as the Naaru K'ara aid the fight, making the battle with Archimonde more even (They boost the heroes or weaken archimonde.) Eventually, Archimonde falls; Cordana, thinking quickly, grabs the shard of Kairoz (that Gul'dan took from Khadgar) and uses it to escape with Gul'dan. We get the whole "Draenor is free", but that the legion will return. Khadgar makes a suggestion that they contact the Azeroth of their dimension, should the Legion ever return. However, Gul'dan and Cordana have escaped and are doubtless gonna be up to evil.

There. Warlords needed fleshing out, giving the orcs more nuance etc. We can still get Legion and alternate Guldan (a great villain).

I wouldn't go STRAIGHT to Legion though. I'd have it that during warlords we get a side quest about the void. We get information, and bring it back to Azeroth. The Naaru and the Titan Watchers have been working on a solution to kill the old gods without harming Azeroth and have so far gathered knowledge from everywhere (the naaru archives, the titan archives from Uldum and the Vale of Blossoms, Aman'thul (who's spirit was recovered after Lei Shen's defeat.)) This results in them finally coming up with a solution. N'zoth, realizing that he may actually perish and that his old gods will be purged, causes Azshara to launch her invasion. Azshara raises the Naga lands to the surface, and we get GoldenYak's Reign of Azshara or similar.

Last edited by Ol'Yoggy; 05-16-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Arch-Druid

I'd also have put the Emerald Nightmare raid right before Cataclysm (sort of a prelude to Cataclysm and it would give us a raid to hold us over.) We would take out Xavius, but the Rift of Aln would still be corrupted.

Eventually in the climax of the Naga expansion N'Zoth, his physical body destroyed, drags the champions of Azeroth into the Rift. He swears he will kill them, and corrupt the worldsoul. The heroes, aided by the Naaru, Emerald Dragonflight, Titanic Watchers, and Countless others, fight N'Zoth's soul and ultimately destroy him forever. The corruption is gone, and with the old god's gone forever, the world soul can finally begin to awaken. The Naaru vow to help speed up the process so that it can stand against Sargeras.

At this point, we get Legion; with the Naga removed we can focus on the final clash of the Army of Light and the Burning Legion
Old 05-24-2016, 03:59 PM

Elune

Ooh, pretty good discussion going on in this thread. I did an alternate Cataclysm a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Okay, a more expansive version. I'm not sure if it's possible to actually make Cataclysm fun, but I'll try, with the logical restrictions. Cataclysm must reshape the world, it must fit with the events leading up to it, it must still lead into MoP, it mustn't be more work than the current incarnation (and preferably a little less) and I'll try to keep as many elements of the original as can be kept sensible.

Premise
First, Deathwing is not the sole central villain, nor is he the sole source of the Cataclysm. Mindless destruction is not a good thing for him. Instead, Deathwing will be the leader of the Twilight's Hammer, replacing Cho'gall. Cho'gall is assumed to have died in the comic.
So, what did cause the cataclysm? The elemental lords. Members of the Twilight's Hammer have infiltrated the explorer's league, allowing them to study the titan records in Ulduar. Through these, they manage to uncover how the titans have sealed away the elemental realms and, more importantly, how to break those seals. The Twilight's Hammer goal isn't to destroy the world per se, but they are rather trying to recreate the world of the Black Empire. The elemental lords are to wash away the civilizations of the modern era, while the Twilight's Hammer seek to unleash the old gods again.

Updated zones
So, the world is now awash with warring elemental legions, seeking to reclaim their old lands and destroy their eternal enemies. The mortal races are caught in-between, and many defect to the side of the elementals. There is no faction war, but the destruction is great enough to cause a resource shortage next expansion. Most of the fighting is instead with the elemental armies, trying to close their gateways into this world. In particular, many of the creeps of Azeroth have joined the elemental lords, seeking to destroy the playable factions that have repressed them for so long. Gateways are somewhat rare, with the newly empowered creeps being the primary threats in each region, with a few elemental lieutenants to back them up. The elemental forces hate each other as much as they hate us, and the various empowered creeps are generally more interested in their own well-being than that of their side, so that's why we haven't been overwhelmed by their combined might, but they're still tearing apart the planet, and weakening it.

As for specific zones, I don't have concrete plans on a zone-by-zone basis, but I do have some ideas:
The scourge remnants of Lordaeron are free-willed but dickish. Some side with the forsaken, some side with the argent crusade, a few individuals might even try to return to the remnants of their home kingdoms, but most fall under the thrall of their local leader, who sides with the elemental lords in return for power.

Central Kalimdor is the region most heavily affected by the cataclysm, not just because of the initial damage, but because its numerous creep races align itself by tribe, resulting in massive elemental wars scarring the landscape. You could maybe get a few good horde quests out of the horde supporting unaligned candidates, leading to alliance between local creeps and the horde, giving the horde a strength boost for the war in the next expansion, as well as making the resource shortage even worse.

Even members of the playable races might defect to the elemental lords, recruited by covert twilight's hammer members. Fiery Dark Iron Dwarves and Blackrock orcs in central eastern kingdoms, rock orcs seeking to take control of Kargath so they can carve out their own kingdom, soggy night elves in Darkshore taking the role now taken by trolls, stuff like that.

New Zones
While there are numerous tiny gateways throughout the planet, each elemental lord has one main gateway, with the intent of summoning that elemental lord to the world. To stop the alliance and horde from easily closing these primary gateways, they've been opened in very remote locations: The new zones.

The Abyssal maw gateway has opened in Vashj'ir, and the questing there mostly progresses like it did in the actual Cataclysm. Neptulon is refusing to play along with the Twilight's Hammer (since they're probably planning an endgame with him enslaved by the old gods again), which is why the naga are trying to enslave him. I think the Kvaldir might require some replacement though, maybe with elementally enhanced murlocs on Neptulon's side.

The Skywall gateway has opened in the Twilight Highlands. Slightly bigger change there, but it's not like they actually did all that much in Uldum to begin with. The feuding Dragonmaw and Northeron Wildhammer are recruited because we need their skills at aerial combat to deal with the Skywall threat. The fact that we help them fight off each other during the recruitment process will help with starting the war next expansion.

The Deepholm gateway is in Uldum, with the Neferset joining forces to regain immortal stone bodies. Instead of goblin hitler, we get the Twilight's Hammer trying to get access to Uldum like they did Ulduar. Since there's no helpful team of adventurers to clear their path, they're instead using the knowledge they got in Ulduar to take control of Uldum's systems.

Finally, the Firelands gateway is in... I don't want to say Mount Hyjal. The Hyjal storyline was one that really didn't fit into the expansion, and caused a lot of awkwardness with the resurrected ancients wandering around for the next two expansions with nothing to do. Plus, the fact that Hyjal is surrounded on all sides by existing zones means that its space is very restricted, making it hard to put a full zone en-par with the rest in there. Instead, the Firelands gateway is opened in Kezan, which caused the volcano to explode at the end of the goblin starting zone (rather than having that be done by Deathwing).

The choice of a fifth zone is a bit more difficult. There's not much of a reason to specifically go into Deepholm, nor can I think of a good premise to turn Gilneas into a full zone like Kezan. I think the Abyssal Maw might be a good choice instead, helping Neptulon fight off a naga invasion.

Races
Trying to keep as much of the old as possible, so goblins and worgen it is. The only change needed in the Kezan starting zone is to have Ragnaros blow up the volcano instead of Deathwing. The Lost Isles need more changes without a faction conflict though. Maybe Thrall is captured by servants of the elemental lords instead of alliance? Maybe drop Thrall altogether and instead have the goblins slowly losing to the naga, only for Garrosh come to the rescue because he needs them to build him weaponry?

Azshara won't become New Goblinstan. Partially because rebuilding a zone like that is patently ridiculous, especially when living next to five races of war-like environmental preservationists, but partially because I just like the original designs for the cataclysm goblins much more, living in cities made out of ship-wrecks.

Worgen are a bit more difficult without the faction conflict, but I think could still work. Sylvanas still gets her Val'kyr, and is still using them to create new undead, it's just that she's a bit more covert about it. She performs small-scale attacks against local hostile human factions (Scarlet remnants, syndicate, Gilneas, maybe ravenholdt), and only raising them in secret. Sylvanas is trying to secretly build her strength while the rest of the world is busy with the elemental invasion. The alliance discovers this during the worgen starting zone, giving another reason for tensions between the two factions to increase.

With no large-scale faction war, and the forsaken trying to be a little covert about their operations, the horde won't become the main villain during the second half of the Gilneas starter zone. Instead, the feral worgen submit to one of the elemental lords (I think Ragnaros, if only because I think a fiery worgen would look cooler than other variants), and become a far greater threat. Worgen don't retreat to Kalimdor, but instead to Southshore, with the updated Hillsbrad Foothills all about stopping the fiery feral worgen, with only some minor conflicts with the forsaken preying on humans.

Dungeons and raids
Grim Batol and Bastion of Twilight are merged into the first tier final raid, with Deathwing as the final boss (since he was previously hinted to be dwelling in Grim Batol). Deathwing dies here, but laughing, knowing that his minions have still infiltrated everything.

Since Al'akir is the weakest of the elemental lords, he's able to slip through the elemental gateway more quickly than the other elemental lords, and actually has to be fought on Azeroth. That's why he's a raid. Earth and water are closed in Stonecore and Throne of Tides dungeons. There's not much reason for a Blackwing Descent dungeon to exist, nor does Vortex Pinnacle need to be separate from Throne of the Four Winds, so there's instead an Undermine/Firelands dungeon.

The Shadowfang Keep instance is updated to fit with the new fiery worgen. I think the other dungeon that most benefits from an update here isn't the Deadmines but Maraudon, since the centaur are children of the elements.

Patches
4.1 ? Mount Hyjal patch zone. The Twilight's Hammer, aided by powerful elementals, are trying to extract life energy from the roots of the world tree, and it's up to us to stop them. We succeed, but tons of life energy juice was secreted away to an unknown location.
4.2 ? Hour of Twilight. The Twilight's hammer is ready to enact their EVIL PLAN (registered trademark). The main goal of the Twilight's Hammer all this time was weakening the energies of this world, for that is what the prisons of the old god draw on (that might also be a good handwave for why Azeroth has a well of eternity, empowering the world that is in turn empowering the prisons of the old gods). This, coupled with titan artifacts taken from Uldum, Ulduar and the Wyrmrest tower (to set up the first half of the final raid), is allowing them to free N'zoth, with the juices of the world tree meant to make him rise from his slumber. The time-travel dungeons to recover the demon soul are still there, but it is now being used to absorb the energies of all the friendly divine creatures in this world, both aspect and watcher, so that Thrall can feed their energies into the weakened world of Azeroth and close N'zoth's prison once more. The final battle still happens upon the shores of the Maelstrom, with us keeping N'zoth's emerging tentacles busy while Thrall does his thing.
4.3 ? The zandalari are gonna be relevant to MoP, so this is where they get a chance to shine. With the elemental invasion slowly dying down, the zandalari see an opportunity to re-establish the largely unharmed trolls as one of Azeroth's great powers. This patch is very much a prelude to MoP, and aside from setting up the Zandalari, it also allows showing the horde with a desperate resource shortage, and tension between the factions increasing.
Quote:
On the subject of more minor alterations though, I completely forgot about the completely pointless BWD raid until it was brought up in the other thread.

That could probably stand to be replaced with a raid that actually ties into the story a bit. Tying into the previous idea, maybe turn one of the previous elemental realm dungeons into a raid. Or, to tie in with delaying firelands until a patch, have the portal be opened underneath the Undermine, which gets to be its own raid first.

Not entirely happy with it, but I tried working with what would be logical constraints. I might look at other expansion in a similar way if I need a distraction.

Last edited by ijffdrie; 05-24-2016 at 04:04 PM..
Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Ooh, pretty good discussion going on in this thread. I did an alternate Cataclysm a while back.

Not entirely happy with it, but I tried working with what would be logical constraints. I might look at other expansion in a similar way if I need a distraction.
Some things were cool; My expansion would have the alliance and horde be preoccupied with a needless pissing match while the Kirin Tor, Earthen Ring, Cenarion Circle and Explorer's Guild desperately try to stop the Twilight hammer plan; the only reason the twilight's can't deliver a death blow is because half the elements (earth and water) decide "hey we remember when we were free of your control. It felt nice." and told them to go to hell. Their support is the only reason Azeroth has a chance of winning. Eventually Deathwing falls, and we get another two years before Mists starts
Old 05-30-2016, 06:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Alright, so I'm going to do one for each expansion. Gonna start with Vanilla and TBC with this post then the next posts I'll do a little more if people like some of my ideas.

Vanilla Changes:
Only real change is that instead of Naxx being the last raid, Karazhan is released as the last raid. This allows for a better lead up into TBC. Most of the raid plays out the same until you start getting higher up into the tower, then you start fighting more Burning Legion demons until its revealed that Prince Malchezaar has stolen a powerful artifact and handed it over to Lord Kazzak to reopen the Dark Portal.

TBC Starter Zones Changes:
  • Eversong Woods would be mostly serve as an introduction to blood elves. The quests would mostly be about beating down threats from the wretched, Scourge, and Burning Legion. The other Horde races would have more presence here, attempting to aid their new allies and build relationships with each other. The tauren, for example, might have a small camp to work with the elves in attempts to heal the Dead Scar.
  • Ghostlands would be changed up slightly. All the night elves would be removed, as it seemed like needless faction conflict. The Amani would be a bigger threat, even beating back some of the Scourge presence. The Zandalari would return, seeking to either bring the Amani back into the fold or destroy them in the process.
  • Azuremyst Isle's quests would be more focused on building a new home for the draenei instead of an assortment of random, generic quests. New towns are established for the draenei to starting moving into. Friendships are still made with the local furbolg. The draenei are still introduced to the Alliance through Admiral Odesyus, but it's because they're investigating the crash-landing and not because of the Venture Co. The Alliance are more helpful in building a new home for the strangers, further cementing the ties between them.
  • Bloodmyst Isle becomes about fighting the Illidari and Burning Legion, instead of the blood elves. The Illidari have crash landed with the draenei and the Burning Legion have tracked both there due to the magic.

Outland Changes:
  • Overall: Because the system between choosing the Aldor or Scryers never worked out, both would be the biggest neutral factions of the expansion instead that you'd see across Outland. Some factions, like the Lower City, Skyguard, or Shattered Sun would be cut.
  • Hellfire Peninsula: The Horde plot would be more focused on the fel orcs, learning where they come from and how they're connected to the Illidari, and destroying them. The Alliance plot would be more focused on re-establishing the dominance of Honor Hold as the main bastion of the former Alliance that survived for so long in Outland and taking other bulk of Illidari forces, including apprentice demon hunters. The plotline shared by both factions would would be about defeating the lieutenants of Lord Kazzak and the Burning Legion while establishing a foothold for Alliance and Horde. Kazzak would be left as a world boss in Throne of Kil'jaeden.
  • Zangarmarsh: The naga presence and threat would be more shown off. Have Vashj appear more. Maybe further corruption of the naga by the fel and arcane magic that Illidan is using to bolster his forces. I always felt the naga and Vashj presence was very weak in Outland. Instead of the Cenarion Expedition, we'd have a different neutral faction that'd be made up the of the Darkspear jungle trolls (who have experience fighting in this environment) and the Night Elves (who have a grudge to settle against the naga).
  • Terrokkar Forest: The plot would mostly be about battling the Arrakoa, who would have a larger presence and bigger threat. There wouldn't be much questing based on faction. The Aldor would largely be around Auchindoun, trying to retake it from the Shadow Council/Burning Legion and Auchenai, and all the dungeons there would reward Aldor rep. The Scryers would have a small plot in which they suffer a big defeat due to the Firewing manabomb.
  • Nagrand: Wouldn't really have a centralized plotline. As part of the Horde plot, the Mag'har help the orcs and the Horde reconnect with their roots. The Alliance plotline is led by the Kurenai and focused on saving what Broken tribes they can in the land and coming to better understand what remains of the elementals in Outland. Nesingwary quests remain. No Halaa. The only centralized questing would be both factions would working on quests near Oshu'gun that deal with the Illidari (instead of the Shadow Council) trying to tap into the magic there.
  • Blade's Edge Mountains: Changed mostly to be battle between the Black Dragonflight and the gronn/ogres with the Horde and Alliance basically watching as the two titanic forces blow apart an already broken world in the struggle. The Mok'nathal would be another neutral faction that are heroically standing up against all three, fighting to survive in the wasteland. The idea of the zone is to have something a little removed from demons, Illidan, and blood elves so that doesn't become too overdone.
  • Netherstorm: The main plot would deal with the Scryers trying to tackle Kael'thas's blood elves. Not everything looks great for Kael'thas's followers, there are both the felbloods, Wretched, and many defectors to the Scryers. The Tempest Keep dungeons all reward Scryer rep. The Sha'tar have a smaller plot line that deals with trying to small Burning Legion presence there, led by eredar, that have captured draenei who were scattered when the blood elves took Tempest Keep. The Alliance would be largely led by coalition of gnomes (interested in draenei dimensional ships and tech) and Kirin Tor magi (wondering what happened to their base and people out here and what Kael'thas is up). The Horde would be largely led by the blood elf Magisters (also interested in what happened to the Kirin Tor stuff out here, along with Kael'thas) and goblins from the Steamwheedle Cartel (also interested in the draenei dimensional ships and tech).
  • Shadowmoon Valley: The Aldor would seek to reclaim the draenei land here with the aid of Akama, who has betrayed Illidan now that the timing is right. The Alliance would have the night elves (including a recently freed Maiev) and Kurdran's dwarves with hunting down Illidan by tracking his night elf demon hunter masters and trainers. The orcs and tauren would be out here for the Horde, the orcs seeking to make whatever amends they can for Gul'dan's and the first Horde's corruption of the land with the tauren trying to help them spiritually in the shamanistic journey. The Horde would fight Teron Gorefiend by the end of the zone, but even though he dies, he still appears in Black Temple because its Teron Gorefiend. The Netherwing would still be a thing to do at level cap. There would be a small plot about the Scryers taking on the Burning Legion in the area, too, who are also trying to attack Illidan's forces.

Raids:
  • Gruul's Lair: Expansion launch raid. Aided by the Mok'nathal We seek to finally end the on-going conflict in Blade's Edge by taking out the biggest, baddest gronn in the area.
  • Coilfang Reservoir: Expansion launch raid. Plays out largely the same. We take out the first lieutenants of Illidan, the naga. Once Vashj is killed, an image of Illidan appears, threatening the players and ordering all remaining naga to the Black Temple.
  • Magtheridon's Lair: First raid patch. Plays out largely the same. We beat back the Illidari, and by killing Magtheridon, we cut off a huge source of demonic power for Illidan.
  • Zul'Aman: First raid patch. As forces are built up to tackle the Black Temple, a new threat on Azeroth emerges as the Amani emerge to take all of Quel'thalas as troll land. The Horde and Alliance aid the Zandalari, who have come to either bring the Amani back into their empire or simply wipe out the Amani if they refuse to join them.
  • Battle of Mount Hyjal: Second raid patch. Also on Azeroth, but in the past, the Infinite Dragonflight seeks to aid the Burning Legion directly in the past to destroy Azeroth.
  • Tempest Keep: Second raid patch. Kael'thas and his blood elves and felbloods are becoming desperate. Illidan has not kept up his side of the bargain and magic reserves are running low. As such, they have turned to the Burning Legion for further power. We see a Kael'thas who comes off as extremely desperate and suffering majorly from arcane withdrawal and addiction. As such, we see the orcs team up with the blood elves to save him - who better understands the promise of glory and the addiction to fel magic than they? At the end of Tempest Keep, he's not killed but beaten but captured by the blood elves and the Horde.
  • Black Temple: Last raid patch of TBC. With all the other threats pacified in Outland, Illidan can finally be challenged. Between the Alliance and Horde, the Aldor, the Ashtongue Deathsworn with Akama, and the Wardens led by Maive (maybe with a cameo by Tyrande), we have a true army to fight him with. Black Temple is largely the same, though with no Broken in his army anymore, I'd just replace those with apprentice demon hunters and/or demons. The blood elf Illidari Council fight is replaced by a night elf demon hunter Illidari Council fight. Illidan is not killed, but captured by Maiev and to be jailed away once again.

PvP:
  • Fuck Eye of the Storm, it's the worst BG. No new BG would have been better than EotS.

So basically, my ideas is to make TBC more coherent. To me, the Illidari never felt like a threat. I always thought the night elves would lead the hunt against Illidan and was disappointed that they only really appeared as druids or off in Blade's Edge for no reason. I would include groups where they made sense (Kirin Tor and the Magisters in Netherstorm, for example). I wanted some sense of faction pride and faction-only quests without making it a completely HORDE VERSUS ALLIANCE thing. I also wanted more zones to have a 'central plot' that help tell the story of the expansion, as well. I changed up the raids a bit, some of their ordering as well, so that they would make more sense with how they progress. The idea is that the raid patches have 1 raid tied directly fighting the Illidari and 1 that has stuff going on in Azeroth itself. The last raid would be Black Temple, as it should have been. Sunwell would had made more sense as a part of Wrath.
I think we should have included elements that would later be in Legion.

During the battle with Kael'thas Thrall and Saurfang are helping Rommath and Lor'themar try to get through to their prince. Kael'thas is desperate, explaining that while he hates working with the legion they are the only ones who can save his people. Thrall manages to get through to him by showing him memories of the Orc's long journey back to the light, as well as the atrocities that were committed by the old horde, such as the massacre of Shattrath City that Saurfang took in. Thrall extends the hand of Compassion to Kael'thas; it will be hard road but it is possible for them to pull back from the brink without falling for Kil'jaeden. Kael'thas ultimately accepts the offer and stands down. He reveals that he was the one who had Shattrath attacked, and framed Illidan for it. He tells them about the Illidari attack on Nathreza, and that Illidan is planning to strike at Argus.

At this point the force besieging the Black Temple offers a parley with Illidan, explaining that the Legion has played them all for fools and offering cooperation with Illidan in spite of what he's done.

At this point two things happen

a.) Illidan accepts, and the Burning Legion under Kil'jaeden launch a direct assault on the temple to kill the combined forces. This culminates in a battle with Kil'jaeden atop the Black Temple. Kil'jaeden is thus the final boss of the expansion. Kil'jaeden is badly injured by Velen (avenging the Draenei to a degree) Thrall (avenging the orcs to a degree) Turalyon (avenging the kingdoms that Kil'jaeden manipulated the Orcs into destroying) and Kael'thas (Avenging the blood elves destroyed by the Scourge.)

b.) Illidan refuses due to ego and or paranoia. We attack and take Illidan out. When the Demon hunters return we take them out and put them in jail, confiscating the Sargarite Keystone for usage.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 PM

Glaive Thrower

This thread arouses my imagination and my nagging against Blizzard equally. Have lots, will start for how I've done elves post WC3.

Vanilla WoW:
First of all, Quel'thalas would had shipped with vanilla and some of the first quests there would be encountered on the border with EPL (Quel'daril Lodge, to be precise) and would address the first door of the two that Arthas destroyed in his campaign and some tidbits about Kael'thas; helping them rebuild their outmost security ring would unlock Blood Elves as a playable race (Yes, vanilla would had two un-lockable races: Blood Elves and Goblins ).

Blood Elves:
  • Starting zone: Sunstrider Isle (Unchanged)
  • New Racial: Mana Addiction. Your character has 3 stages of mana sickness and will worsen every 100 spells or abilities used; at stage 3 your character will be unable to regain mana, move 30% slower and have a life cost in their spells and abilities. Using a mana crystal regress the stage counter by 1, mana crystals can be found randomly on mana using creatures; using one will also gives you a <X Buff> for <X Duration>.
WC3 gives Sin'dorei two interesting themes that WoW took out/never showcased as it should: addiction and hopelessness. Quel'thalas and its people in WoW look too beautiful, too perfect and, worse, too relaxed for a nation that has been systematically slaughtered and their power source corrupted. And that leads me to the next point...

Quel'thalas, land of the elves:
As a new character your Blood Elf would start in Sunstrider Isle but things have turned uglier: erratic robots and elementals, broken chairs and windows, spider web, healthy trees sharing the landscape with dead ones, a LOT more warlocks, broken equipment and clothes, books usage as firewood, elves killing and stealing their kind (not all bad guys are wretched), and some demon guards to show elves' new pragmatic ideals. This is a dystopian society, you are on your own and will have to learn how to survive... and quick. Some want to follow the traditions that served them well for centuries, those still have their eyes blue as the sky; some have grown fixated on demon's power and grown horns and hoofs along with a darker skin tone; but most people are on the verge just like you, having just green eyes and trying to bend their moral the least possible.

Silvermoon, and specially their regents, would be a sign of the fragmentation that affects elves since the Scourge. Halduron would be the traditionalist (blue eyes), Rommath the demon (and Kael'thas) follower, while Theron the normal one (just green eyes like the player). Corpses burning in the street and experiments with demons on broad daylight would be sights as common as a regiment of arches training with bone arrows and dead undead as targets. Most mages that didn't become warlocks went out to the Sunwell to find a way to heal it. Priest's find themselves in a moral crisis as they think that their new ways aren't right but can't object about them because of their addiction, so they confine themselves on their buildings to avoid seeing the debauchery that's taking place on the streets...

--------------------------------------

Continue (maybe), I'm not an english native speaker forgive me for any mistakes and eye's bleed

Last edited by Funk, the Bard; 06-01-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk, the Bard View Post
This thread arouses my imagination and my nagging against Blizzard equally. Have lots, will start for how I've done elves post WC3.

Vanilla WoW:
First of all, Quel'thalas would had shipped with vanilla and some of the first quests there would be encountered on the border with EPL (Quel'daril Lodge, to be precise) and would address the first door of the two that Arthas destroyed in his campaign and some tidbits about Kael'thas; helping them rebuild their outmost security ring would unlock Blood Elves as a playable race (Yes, vanilla would had two un-lockable races: Blood Elves and Goblins ).

Blood Elves:
  • Starting zone: Sunstrider Isle (Unchanged)
  • New Racial: Mana Addiction. Your character has 3 stages of mana sickness and will worsen every 100 spells or abilities used; at stage 3 your character will be unable to regain mana, move 30% slower and have a life cost in their spells and abilities. Using a mana crystal regress the stage counter by 1, mana crystals can be found randomly on mana using creatures; using one will also gives you a <X Buff> for <X Duration>.
WC3 gives Sin'dorei two interesting themes that WoW took out/never showcased as it should: addiction and hopelessness. Quel'thalas and its people in WoW look too beautiful, too perfect and, worse, too relaxed for a nation that has been systematically slaughtered and their power source corrupted. And that leads me to the next point...

Quel'thalas, land of the elves:
As a new character your Blood Elf would start in Sunstrider Isle but things have turned uglier: erratic robots and elementals, broken chairs and windows, spider web, healthy trees sharing the landscape with dead ones, a LOT more warlocks, broken equipment and clothes, books usage as firewood, elves killing and stealing their kind (not all bad guys are wretched), and some demon guards to show elves' new pragmatic ideals. This is a dystopian society, you are on your own and will have to learn how to survive... and quick. Some want to follow the traditions that served them well for centuries, those still have their eyes blue as the sky; some have grown fixated on demon's power and grown horns and hoofs along with a darker skin tone; but most people are on the verge just like you, having just green eyes and trying to bend their moral the least possible.

Silvermoon, and specially their regents, would be a sign of the fragmentation that affects elves since the Scourge. Halduron would be the traditionalist (blue eyes), Rommath the demon (and Kael'thas) follower, while Theron the normal one (just green eyes like the player). Corpses burning in the street and experiments with demons on broad daylight would be sights as common as a regiment of arches training with bone arrows and dead undead as targets. Most mages that didn't become warlocks went out to the Sunwell to find a way to heal it. Priest's find themselves in a moral crisis as they think that their new ways aren't right but can't object about them because of their addiction, so they confine themselves on their buildings to avoid seeing the debauchery that's taking place on the streets...

--------------------------------------

Continue (maybe), I'm not an english native speaker forgive me for any mistakes and eye's bleed
We do see addiction in the wretched. Also, most importantly the sunwell is destroyed. It's gone. Kael'thas is trying to reignite it
Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 PM

Arch-Druid

Mists of Pandaria My Version

5.0: Mists of Pandaria:

Conquest of Theramoore: big ass world event; Garrosh and the horde conquer the city, using summoned molten giants to smash the gates into oblivion. Rhonin dies like in canon; Jaina is taken prisoner. The later part of the alliance is saving Jaina from Horde Captivity within a now occupied Theramore. The first three raids pop up, we get the standard storylines

5.1: Landfall

We get the Dagger in the Dark scenario, but Vol'jin and Garrosh are both Targets; we trick Malkorok by cutting Vol'jin's tongue out (it will regrow) and Garrosh and Vol'jin sneak away into the night. In A Little Patience, Varian and Tyrande switch places; Varian is still somewhat hot headed and reckless, Tyrande is more level headed. We get a modified version of the divine bell; Malkorok is stopped from harnessing it, but Anduin is beaten to within an inch of his life. The buildup to Lei Shen's return occurs

5.2: The Thunder King: Lei Shen returns; the heroes of the Alliance and Horde work with the Shado Pan to stop Lei Shen from conquering Pandaria again. One thing I might add is that Neltharion was one of the guys who helped bring Lei Shen down or even helped inspire Pandaria; it's hard to remember but the guy WAS a hero before he fell to the dark side, and having a heroic act on his resume reminds us of that; the Horde and Alliance begin discussions to dethrone Malkorok. We also meet Master Ra, and after we free him he removes Aman'thul's power from Lei Shen. Without the power animating the corpse, Lei Shen's corpse quickly decays into nothingness. We also get more of Garrosh's spiritual journey; he speaks with the August Celestials, learning more philosophy; he's still somewhat hard headed but he's learning.

Raid: Throne of Thunder

5.3: Escalation:

Part of this is Battlefield Barrens, only a lot more detailed; we see more orcs getting fed up with Malkorok's rule; many orcs don't like the Alliance but they think Malkorok is going too far in his brutality (that and he's treating non orcs like second class citizens). Where before people were open to war, they're beginning to question it. A lot of them are starting to discretely defect to the Darkspear rebellion. Garrosh goes through a spiritual journey, that reaches it's climax. He's sent to meet with Hao Pham Roo; he goes through the journey. Garrosh finally realizes the lesson of pride, in turn causing him to finally understand what Saurfang told him back in Wrath; that you can be proud of your heritage while still acknowledging the darker sides. He's told that while his desire to increase orcish pride and self esteem was commendable, the way he did it allowed it to be twisted into something ugly. Garrosh thanks Shaohao for the lesson and leaves; Things climax in ANOTHER raid; Liberation of Theramore; The climax is that in an act of sore loserdom Malkorok has decided that if he can't have Theramore, no one can. So he decides to unleash a devastating weapon Thelan Songweaver and his faction of the sunreavers created when they stole both the divine bell and focusing iris; the mana bomb. The final section of the raid is riding on the back of Kalecgos (or Malygos if he's still alive) and trying to stop the bomb from reaching Theramore. Ultimately some NPC will sacrifice their life to ensure that the bomb detonates BEFORE it reaches Theramore. They give a heroic speech, and after ending the heroes away they detonate the bomb (maybe it's thrall; Blizzard keeps the guy around but if you have to kill him he should die heroically.) Ultimately it's a victory; not only is Theramore saved, the act of barbarity, combined with Garrosh resurfacing to denounce Malkorok as a traitor, pretty much destroys most of his powerbase; large sections of the orcish military defect. Unfortunately a brave hero (maybe Thrall, maybe Rhonin, dunno)

5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar:

Malkorok realizes that he's in a dangerous position; most of the world (with the exception of some die hards in the Blackrock clan, as well as segments of the city guard) have turned on him, and a siege will probably end with him defeated. So in an act of pure desperation he utilizes the Heart of Y'shaarj. Through this he gets the mantid to flock to his banner, and generates an army of Sha. Either a.) Malkorok breaks the Heart to his will or b.) he's loosing control and could reawaken Y'Shaarj. We get the final raid in order to stop Malkorok (or Y'Shaarj in his body) before his Sha army sweeps over the world and destroys everything.

Final Raid: Siege of Orgrimmar: This is largely canon, except less orcs, more sha monsters, Magatha and Thelan become bosses, and Malkorok replaces Garrosh.

End: Malkorok is defeated and taken in chains like Garrosh; Garrosh, having been tempered by his experiences in Pandaria, agrees to the terms of peace. The Horde pulls out of Ashenvale.

Last edited by Ol'Yoggy; 06-21-2016 at 03:56 PM..
Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM

Arch-Druid

I had a few ideas for Legion:

Illidan......maybe have it that after Black Temple he was defeated and taken into custody, or he killed himself rather than be imprisoned again. We get Gul'dan and Cordana making off with him (Gul'dan doesn't want to get torn to shreds like his prime timeline counterpart so he gets Illidan to "help" him.) The Demon hunters pursue Illidan with Maiev, and fail to stop Gul'dan from opening the portal in the Tomb. They get Illidan's corpse back.

At this point we get Xe'ra's showing us Illidan's past; this time Illidan is forced to watch with us alongside Rhonin (yeah he's still alive) Tyrande, Malfurion and the protagonists. Illidan gives his justifications but Xe'ra makes it so that Tyrande, Rhonin, Akama, Maiev, Kayn Sunfury, Valen, and Malfurion can speak rebuttals;

Rhonin points out that Illidan's "drain everyone for power" was in addition to selfish, remarkably inefficient. Xe'ra shows Illidan the memories of Rhonin in command. How he and the moon guard pooled powers and did as much damage....without the constant sacrifices. Akama points out how his plan to take the fight to the legion was badly thought out....even Kayn, who is still loyal grudgingly concedes that Illidan snubbed the idea of working with other factions, which he sees has worked rather well. Illidan is forced to admit that it's because he wanted the glory to himself. HE had to be the hero. Tyrande gets Illidan to realize that THAT is why she rejected him. Because he couldn't put aside his ego while Malfurion could. Maybe he did have good intentions but his sheer ego was impossible to work with and just ended up hindering the fight

Illidan finally realizes how selfish he's been (basically that moment on the Moros for Kerrigan.) and decides to work with the other factions to stop the Legion's invasion.

Tags
alternate possibilities, better ideas, blood and thunder, expac, thrall's balls, world of warcraft