Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-31-2015, 02:55 PM

Elune

Default Freestyle dat expansion, yo.

I love it when we get our ridiculous rampant expansion speculation on (as you may have noticed), so I got to thinking: Why limit that sillyness to the new expansion season?

Thus, the expansion freestyle thread. We start with nothing but a name (because let's face it, most of the great fake leaks we get are built around nothing but that). We build on that name. We choose central concepts, races, mechanics and other such shenanigans. Then we build on that building. Then, if this thing takes off, we pick a slightly less terrible name for next time, and start the cycle all over again.

For our very first warcraft expansion name, we're gonna go for something non-obvious. No oculus of octoqueen, no shadowy nethers, no southern seas. No, we're gonna start with

World of Warcraft: Millenium

rock it, baby.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I love it when we get our ridiculous rampant expansion speculation on (as you may have noticed), so I got to thinking: Why limit that sillyness to the new expansion season?

Thus, the expansion freestyle thread. We start with nothing but a name (because let's face it, most of the great fake leaks we get are built around nothing but that). We build on that name. We choose central concepts, races, mechanics and other such shenanigans. Then we build on that building. Then, if this thing takes off, we pick a slightly less terrible name for next time, and start the cycle all over again.

For our very first warcraft expansion name, we're gonna go for something non-obvious. No oculus of octoqueen, no shadowy nethers, no southern seas. No, we're gonna start with

rock it, baby.
one thousand years later, the great descendant of tyrande jr and anduin wrynn lead the alliance of azeroth, hosting 500 races and 60 different classes. to fight against sylvanas windrunner. who`s still alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:

rock it, baby.
It has been a thousand years since the Dark Portal opened, and Azeroth at last knows peace.

Well, sort of. Even though the guns have fallen silent, there are still a lot of online disagreements. Forsaken hackers make DDoS attacks on Lordaeronian heritage sites. Trolls troll. Gnomish viral marketing spreads questionable ideals.

As someone born in this strange era, you face more choices than any of your ancestors would have dreamed. Do you be your honest self online? Do you create a fictitious persona? Does any of this really matter?

In World of Warcraft: Millennium, players will face a foe greater than the Lich King and more sinister than the Sha: the ennui of postindustrial society.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 10-31-2015, 05:18 PM

Elune

World of Warcraft: Kill All Horde

in which all Horde are killed. Horde players can assist in killing members of their own faction but they have to off themselves in the end and delete their toons, or be banned.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:19 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
World of Warcraft: Kill All Horde

in which all Horde are killed. Horde players can assist in killing members of their own faction but they have to off themselves in the end and delete their toons, or be banned.
World of Warcraft: Ban Fojar.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-01-2015, 07:18 AM

Elune

I'm seeing something Terminator-esque. We tried to keep Azeroth safe from the legion by automating its defenses, but accidentally caused a robot apocalypse. Time-travel happens to try and prevent this from having happened in the first place, but the robots follow, and we have an epic robot war in the present.

New Races from the distant future, travelled back in time to try and avert the apocalypse:
-Mecha-gnomes (Alliance). Having mastered the curse of flesh, many gnomes of the distant future have chosen to transmute themselves back into their original forms. Through this sacrifice, they were able to make the journey to the distant past, tasked with recruiting the alliance with the defense of the future.
-Cyber-zombies (Horde). Flesh rots. Steel does not. What little survived of the once powerful forsaken faction did so by replacing the failing flesh with magineered steel. These iron-clad monstrosities were tasked with recruiting the horde to save the future.

I don't think an entire expansion worth of zones can be made post-apocalyptic and still be up to WoW standards of variety, so I'm envisioning the starter zones taking place in the future, some instances, and maybe one or two zones, with the rest in the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
It has been a thousand years since the Dark Portal opened, and Azeroth at last knows peace.

Well, sort of. Even though the guns have fallen silent, there are still a lot of online disagreements. Forsaken hackers make DDoS attacks on Lordaeronian heritage sites. Trolls troll. Gnomish viral marketing spreads questionable ideals.

As someone born in this strange era, you face more choices than any of your ancestors would have dreamed. Do you be your honest self online? Do you create a fictitious persona? Does any of this really matter?

In World of Warcraft: Millennium, players will face a foe greater than the Lich King and more sinister than the Sha: the ennui of postindustrial society.
Okay, I love this one.

First raiding tier: Getting through the daily trudge that is your existence.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:16 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

There's a Zul and a Jin, but no Zul'jin.

What do Harry Potter and Naruto have in common? If you said creepy snakemen, that's also right, but I meant the other thing. Also Anakin, I suppose.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:09 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:

rock it, baby.
The Millennium anniversary of the birth of the Arathor Empire draws near. Three thousand years ago the human tribes unitied under the Arathi. This used to be celebrated across human lands but has mostly been forgotten. The might of Azeroth were spent during the Legion invasion from the Tomb but peace held between the Alliance and the Horde as they strive to rebuild.
But as fate has it, their peace didn't last for long. Two majestic portals opens up in Durotar and Elwynn. Out pours legions of human warriors carrying the banner of the Arathor Empire.

They come from the same timeline as that of Iron Horde's Draenor, an Azeroth where the Arathor Empire never really fell but were turned into a federated empire. The blood of Thoradin were pushed from the symbolic throne but rose again to power in the southern colonies known as Stormwind. There Thoradin Lothar, son of Anduin lothar, staged a coup and took the throne from the ruling Wrynns. He took for himself the daughter of the Wrynns, Varia, as queen and proclaimed himself as Thoradin reincarnated. He began a quick series of conquests within the federated empire, returning Arathor back to it's mighty imperial self. The Empire of Ironforge and the nation of Quel'thalas were alarmed by this as their long time human friends and allies adopted hostilities towards them. Their worries proved true as the reborn Arathor empire declared war upon Khaz Modan and invaded the Wetlands and the northern Redridge Mountains. The dwarves saw themselves outnumbered by the human legions, forcing Emperor Thargas Anvilmar to call for aid from his elven allies. Anasterian Sunstrider answered the plea of his dwarven friend by marching his armies across the border along the river Thondroril. The dwarven-elven alliance seemed to hold against the human foes when the trolls rose up against the elves. In their timeline the elves assimilated the forest trolls into their realm after the Troll War, claiming most of their territory from Thondoril river to the Hinterlands. The trolls were successfully integrated into the elven nation and the old fued of elf and troll seemed a thing of the past. But the shrewd Thoradin gained allies among certain troll factions. These factions manipulated the trolls and many joined in to rebel against their elven neighbours. The elven armies crumbled as troll traitors ambushed the elven and loyalist troll forces in the Western Darrow Forest. The humans and their treacherous troll allies succeeded in subjugating the dwarven and elven nations. The years went on as the Arathor empire tightened it's fist on the subjugated lands, bestowing much hardship on the dwarves, gnomes, trolls and elves and didn't swear loyalty to the imperial throne. Rebel groups kept up a token resistance but they could do little against the titanical might of Arathor As the great Millennium celebration of the birth of the empire drew near did the sinister head adviser of the emperor, Medivh, propose a diabolical plan. To use the magical powers of the Sunwell to invade across the dimensions. The destiny of the Empire is to rule all Eastern Kingdoms in all realities.

The legions of Arathor make quick work with the strongholds of the Horde and the Alliance. Orgrimmar and Stormwind fell within hours and the legions continued their conquest of the lands. The remnant leadership of the Horde and the Alliance could only watch as the vast legions conquered most of Azeroth. In a last desperate effort to turn the tide, after having gained intelligence on the situation on the other side of the portals, did the remnant resistance gather the last of the most powerful agents of Azeroth to launch an attack on the portals, to enter the realm on the other side and take the battle to the Empire itself.

"Behind the emperor loomed a dark shadow, a man of great magical power whose dark eyes at times gave hints to diabolic powers".

I could see myself returning to WoW for an expansion like this.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 11-01-2015 at 09:23 AM..
Old 11-01-2015, 11:03 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Darkmoon Card: Heroism

The abused ceeps, mobs and ads of Azeroth rise up as one against the players.

For the Mongrel Horde!
Old 11-01-2015, 11:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:

Okay, I love this one.

First raiding tier: Getting through the daily trudge that is your existence.
You'd gain levels by regularly going to work. Job frustration hones your online edge, so you can be that much nastier to Internet strangers.

A raid would be like a weekend seminar that's not actually related to your job in any meaningful way, but that you still have to attend for career reasons.

Alternately, if you're not employed, you gain levels by going to social venues. Attempts to win friends and impress people are made fruitless by the atomized nature of society, as everyone else is too busy trying to win friends and impress people to pay attention to you. As a result, you have sufficient levels of irritation to do battle on the Internet.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-01-2015, 12:59 PM

Arch-Druid

A thousand years have passed.

The Kingdom of Stormwind broke into two nations. North of the River there was Elwynn and Redridge, which became the land of Stormer. South of the River Westfall and Duskwood would be the Defias Stronghold. The two human kingdoms would be locked in combat. One is a city of religious zealots and the other is a city of thieves, cutthroats and pirates.

The Troll Empire was once more the dominant force in the world with the various troll tribes united under a single banner.

The dwarven kingdoms were united and became the second strongest power in the world. Unfortunately they are bogged by bureaucracy and internal politics between a Council, a Senate and Chieftains of Northrend. Titan Worship and the Church of Holy Light play a huge conflicting role.

The Orcs had returned to their Homeworld of Draenor. A thousand years ago, Warchief Thrall had reassembled the pieces of Draenor, it had taken him 40 years to finish the task. In the end he died before the last chunk was put into place. The remaining Orcs finished the task and Orcs finally found their homeland. The Promised Land was not what was expected for Baron Sablemane and his dragonflight eventually took over. Orcs now live in caves, living in terror the dragons that hunt them.

The Gnomes are all but extinct. However there are tales of gnomes in Northrend who help Greatfather winter and building his toys. Gnomeregan is filled with more than just robots, but haunted machines. The land is shrouded in mystery. Some say that Mimiron has plans to revive the race. Others believe that their souls became ethereals. Others believe that the gnomes had vanished into the hallways of time itself during chronal research.A dark mystery that few would dare tread.

The goblins after losing their intellects with kajamite drying out. But their greed was still unending. They have joined the Old Gods. They live in caves deep within the earth doing unspeakable horrors. Few live to tell the tale.

The Draenei abandoned Azeroth long ago to reclaim their homeland.

The blood elves returned to their blue-eyed forms and became a republic under the rule of Lor'themar Theron Caesar. But Lor'themar is Old now and the Council grows weary. Technology has reached a new level, but resources are low and the population is growing out of hand.

Under a new Emperor, Pandaria grew into an Empire. The Mantid Queens serve the Empire and the Grummles are used as peons. All statues of the mogu have been smashed. Any stone figure is smashed. Though some still worship the ancient celestials, these dissidents are put to death. Only the Emperor can be worshipped.

The Tauren, Yaungol, Taunka and Highmountains have united to form the one Minotaur Confederation. The Minotaur Confederation reached its zenith 500 years ago when they helped Ordos become the Firelord and wield tha Hammer of Ragnaros. Fire, Wind, Earth and the Wild are all respected equally.

The Night Elves rule over northern Kalimdor. Shandris Feathermoon took over upon the deaths of Malfurion and Tyrande. The Kaldorei sank into decadence as druids became feral, and indulging blood-letting and bestiality. The Highborne were given a place as the scholars of Night Elf society, but still remain lower than the Sisterhood or the druids. The Sisterhood after discovering the ruins in Desolace sank into ritual blood sacrifices.

Gilneas is a long forgotten memory with collapsed ruins. Only ghosts haunt its corridors. In the mountains there are packs of wild worgen too bestial to even speak the common tongue, but intelligent enough to craft crude stone weapons.

It is the dark ages once again. Where once there were heroes to keep the darkness at bay, now there are no more heroes.

You young mercenary must survive in this cruel and unforgiving environment.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Opening text crawl...

"My name is WoW. My World is Orcs and Retcons. Once, I was an MMO; a vidya gaem searching for a righteous cause. As the lore fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more lazy. Me... or everyone else."

But seriously, I dig Bullroarer's post... Sword and Sorcery simulator? Yes, please.

Last edited by Hagrid; 11-01-2015 at 04:31 PM..
Old 12-03-2015, 02:38 PM

Elune

Alright, it's the next time, and we have to pick a less terrible name.

How about...

World of Warcraft: Legacy of Fury

#IJffdrieSucksAtNames

Tags
expac, forbidden by noitora, world of warcraft