Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
You're even worse than me when it comes to being a smartass. -.-
Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM

Hippogryph Rider

I guess my point was a little muddled, I meant post a couple raids and release them with the first patch, if the need to to make their projected release date.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Elune

I'd imagine they are pretty far along with the release raids and have probably been internally testing them.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Hippogryph Rider

yeah i would expect that but ya never know, often commen sense does not win.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I'd imagine they are pretty far along with the release raids and have probably been internally testing them.
I hope they don't release the raids to beta or to PTR.

Let the poopsockers figure out the mechanics on live. No reason to give them a month of practice so they can clear it on day one.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 PM

The Digger

Quote:
I hope they don't release the raids to beta or to PTR.

Let the poopsockers figure out the mechanics on live. No reason to give them a month of practice so they can clear it on day one.
... and then start whining that the content was too easy and that they deserve more content.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:05 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
... and then start whining that the content was too easy and that they deserve more content.
I hope the first raid is ball-breakingly difficult. Like, brutal... like, final boss is simply un-killable on release.

In one month, a 10% nerf will make it so that maybe 5 guilds worldwide can clear it.

Four months after release, the next tier raid is released. It is also impossibly difficult, but now the first raid is nerfed to triviality. Casuals can go raid and get epix, and the e-peeners can wipe on raid 2 for 3-4 months.

When the third raid tier comes out, the tier one raid gear is now badge-able. Tier two is easy. Tier three is brutal

Rinse. Repeat.

Don't do silly hard modes or anything like that. Just hard raids at the current tier, easy raids at the earlier tiers. Don't give out badge gear that is as good as the second-hardest raid tier, because then casuals have no reason to raid.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
I hope the first raid is ball-breakingly difficult. Like, brutal... like, final boss is simply un-killable on release.

In one month, a 10% nerf will make it so that maybe 5 guilds worldwide can clear it.

Four months after release, the next tier raid is released. It is also impossibly difficult, but now the first raid is nerfed to triviality. Casuals can go raid and get epix, and the e-peeners can wipe on raid 2 for 3-4 months.

When the third raid tier comes out, the tier one raid gear is now badge-able. Tier two is easy. Tier three is brutal

Rinse. Repeat.

Don't do silly hard modes or anything like that. Just hard raids at the current tier, easy raids at the earlier tiers. Don't give out badge gear that is as good as the second-hardest raid tier, because then casuals have no reason to raid.

=_=..............wth thats two steps back and i assure you only the hardcores want that back im semi hard core but jesus man thats just horrible .

i mean yeah id like for us to have to put time into it wiping, learning the fights but only the top 5 guilds thats a little much.

thats why there is heroic version and normal

totalhalibut talked in how Heroic Blackrock Caverns is nowhere near faceroll
and if your an idiot and stand there dpsing you will die.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 AM

Arch-Druid

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ysm-Epic-Stats

Boubouille claims now that the Cata Release was "postponed" to Early Dezember.

Makes sense to me. As I said some posts before, the standard release announcement for Blizzard Game Release Dates is two months before they hit the stores.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:50 PM

Arch-Druid

I hate to do it, but double post bumpa di bump.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26472909&sid=1

Arena Season 9 is ending on October 12th, and Season 9 is now available for testing on the PTR.

The Last Pre-Expansion Arena season (Season 4) ended on October 14th 2008, one month before the release of WOTLK.

While it isn't a clear proof that it might be November after all, it is indeed intriging and most likely the date for patch 4.0.1.

Oh, and the Under Dev page was updated.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/

Last edited by Vineyard; 09-29-2010 at 12:00 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 12:18 AM

Elune

I honestly expect a mid/late November release.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Late November is also my guess.

@Leviathon: As a beta tester, what is your personal opinion of the stand of the beta?

A lot of people I know still believe that beta will take a few months because of class balanicing issues and bugs.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:15 AM

Mountain Giant
Send a message via MSN to yakashamonian Send a message via Yahoo to yakashamonian

Didn't mmo-champion say something about december 7th being the release date
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakashamonian View Post
Didn't mmo-champion say something about december 7th being the release date
It isn't. December is only a rumour spreaded by them, according by their "sources". Don't believe anything what MMO champion says, like Thrall being the new Guardian.

Last edited by Vineyard; 11-07-2011 at 05:39 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
It isn't. Dezember is only a rumour spreaded by them, according by their "sources". Don't bleive anything what MMO champion says, like Thrall being the new Guardian.
Pssst, it's spelled "December" in English. With a C.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
I hate to do it, but double post bumpa di bump.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26472909&sid=1

Arena Season 9 is ending on October 12th, and Season 9 is now available for testing on the PTR.

The Last Pre-Expansion Arena season (Season 4) ended on October 14th 2008, one month before the release of WOTLK.

While it isn't a clear proof that it might be November after all, it is indeed intriging and most likely the date for patch 4.0.1.

Oh, and the Under Dev page was updated.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/
Good, our November guess gets more support.

I think Bibi should have stayed at November instead of panicing and going for December .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I think Bibi should have stayed at November instead of panicing and going for December .
Well, Gamona jumped also on the December waggon train after Bibi made his news. (and of course "their sources" also claim the same. )

Personally, my only concern is Blizzards raid testing progress. We all know that the Top Guilds will rush again through leveling and will hit 85 in the first 24 hours.

However, I hope Gear requirements will slow them down a bit. Compared to WOTLK were raid entering requirements for Naxx and Co. were a joke (Sunwell Gear was still mostly better than 80 blues), you will most likely NEED now a high percentage of HC Blues or you get squashed in the first tier raids.

Last edited by Vineyard; 09-29-2010 at 03:39 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:

Well, Gamona jumped also on the December waggon train after Bibi made his news. (and of course "their sources" also claim the same. )

Personally, my only concern is Blizzards raid testing progress. We all know that the Top Guilds will rush again through leveling and will hit 85 in the first 24 hours.

However, I hope Gear requirements will slow them down a bit. Compared to WOTLK were raid entering requirements for Naxx and Co. were a joke (Sunwell Gear was still mostly better than 80 blues), you will most likely NEED now a high percentage of HC Blues or you get squashed in the first tier raids.
You can't even queue for most level 83+ dungeons on normal in ICC gear. You can't queue for heroics at all unless you have level 85 blues. So, the gear is definitely going to be a barrier. Crafted and rep gear is still going to take time. There won't be any day-one clears of the first Cataclysm raid. Or week one clears.

Cataclysm looks so good now, but at the same time, there's so much that's broken. Class balance is a long way from done. There's a lot of gear to be put in the game and itemized properly. Quest cinematics aren't done, and some that are remain buggy.

I personally think the Goblin starting zones are still a mess and will need work. The Worgen zone is missing a cinematic or two, but is otherwise very polished. However Worgen themselves need a lot of work, graphically. The Running Wild animation isn't done (if it is, they should be ashamed). Female worgen aren't in. And worgen running is still a little... off... I don't know what it is, but the camera following my worgen characters seems shaky compared to every other race. And when my worgen mounts his gryphon, his nose is buried in the back of the bird's head.

I could go on... but suffice it to say, the crying would be unbelievable if they released the game in its current state.

So, I'm not sure why they're rushing to push the 4.0 patch down on live. Maybe they just want to get more people to test the class changes on PTR (because they need a ton of work). It's almost October, and I can't really see it being finished and polished in a month.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 AM

Elune

There isn't anything to 'rush' to get 4.0.1 out. 4.0.1 won't contain anything publicly available that hasn't been for the most part done for the last few weeks. Now sure classes will be a bit imbalanced still even in 2 weeks but that doesn't matter since they will be imbalanced irregardless at level 80 when things are balanced for 85. You will then have 4.0.3 a 3-4 weeks later which will add in more class balancing and whatever world changes they made since 4.0.1 went Live as the old world changes are actually in the 4.0.1 files but they are hidden by the OldWorld MPQ.

As every week goes by you see more and more polish being done on the expansion and it's definitely getting there.

Quote:

I'd imagine you will see raid testing begin in the next few weeks with it only being given a month or so of testing like the previous expansions.

Last edited by Leviathon; 09-29-2010 at 10:46 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM

Elune

One of my biggest questions.When do we get a cinematic trailer ?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumShadow843 View Post
4.0.3. Blizzard is encrypting their video files though so we can't open them.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

With SC2 they encrypted everything, so don't expect to datamine too many videos.

Anyway, look forward for CEs, since they probably include the cinematic in a DVD, and people will update them to youtube .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 AM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumShadow843 View Post
Blizzcon.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
4.0.3. Blizzard is encrypting their video files though so we can't open them.
Oh, you dataminers have found it already then?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
Oh, you dataminers have found it already then?
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=34096
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=34097

Tags
blizzard, expac, next expanshon