Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:39 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Worgen getting along with Frostwolf Orcs.

Maybe the Forsaken wouldn't need plague if they have a pissed off shock troop ally as well.
Frostolf orcs would love to have new mounts!

The Forsaken would still need the plague. It's their "I win" button against their most hated enemy, the Alliance.

I'm looking at the more "what if" scenarios like so:

The history stays the same, the Wall, Third War, Genn unleashing the Curse upon Gilneas. But with some changes like:

1) The Horde never invade, but the Cata causes the Wall to come down. Garrosh finds out about the worgen and figures that they would be powerful allies against the Alliance so Sylvanas is sent in to negotiate.

2) Genn is hesitant to negotiate because "Forsaken and Undead!!" so Sylvanas finds out about Alpha Prime and enters an alliance with him and then uses the Scythe of Elune to "cure" the Gilneans.

3) The Alliance hears about the fall of the Greymane Wall and send it's own forces there but are attacked by the worgen and declare Gilneas to be a lost cause, which forces Genn and AP to team up, as one to protect themselves and two since AP has the only "cure".

4) In the end, the Alliance is driven off, and the worgen officially join the Horde and Garrosh starts asking for orc volunteers to take the Curse to make them even better warriors.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:41 PM

Elune

In that scenario, I'd rather Varian is still butthurt over the Gilneans not assisting post-Second War. He sends his force to be 'diplomatic' but things quickly break down when it becomes apparent the Forsaken are also in negotiations and just decide to take it by force. In this scenario, it could be that the Northgate Rebels ally themselves with the Alliance, or even Godfrey still. Either way, there's a more proactive and grey Alliance.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
In that scenario, I'd rather Varian is still butthurt over the Gilneans not assisting post-Second War. He sends his force to be 'diplomatic' but things quickly break down when it becomes apparent the Forsaken are also in negotiations and just decide to take it by force. In this scenario, it could be that the Northgate Rebels ally themselves with the Alliance, or even Godfrey still. Either way, there's a more proactive and grey Alliance.
That could work, Varian would still be "WotLK-Varian" and that would be right up his alley.

Godfrey, of course, would join the Alliance, and trains the new class of witch hunters!

And he still get's to wear that cool outfit. Because none will escape their sight!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
That could work, Varian would still be "WotLK-Varian" and that would be right up his alley.

Godfrey, of course, would join the Alliance, and trains the new class of witch hunters!

And he still get's to wear that cool outfit. Because none will escape their sight!
Godfrey would of course be a Human Hunter that is focused upon hunting down the ones he views as treacherous, the Horde Worgen of Gilneas. You could even have it be a split in the nation, with the worgen joining the Horde and the few surviving Gilneas humans becoming refugees in Stormwind.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Godfrey would of course be a Human Hunter that is focused upon hunting down the ones he views as treacherous, the Horde Worgen of Gilneas. You could even have it be a split in the nation, with the worgen joining the Horde and the few surviving Gilneas humans becoming refugees in Stormwind.
Godfrey becomes the Worgen/Forsaken antagonist throughout Hillsbrad, rallying Southshore's survivors and reinforcing them with his noble/loyalist Gilneans.

Shadowfang Keep then gets two versions of an otherwise identical instance. Horde fight Godfrey/Southshore survivors, whilst the Alliance fight the Bloodfang/Ivar. I only say this because Godfrey's story doesn't really have anywhere else to go on account of him and his Gilneans not having any real purpose in the Alliance story if the Worgen/majority of Gilneans go Horde. Unless he became the Human Hunter trainer or something.

Last edited by Drusus; 11-24-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 04:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Godfrey becomes the Worgen/Forsaken antagonist throughout Hillsbrad, rallying Southshore's survivors and reinforcing them with his noble/loyalist Gilneans.
If Blizzard had done that....

Name:  Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  106.9 KB
Old 11-24-2014, 04:52 PM

Elune

I do wonder how the worgen curse would have been solved without the night elves.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I do wonder how the worgen curse would have been solved without the night elves.
Krennan works with the Royal Apothecary Society to find a 'more permanent' solution to the potion he gave the player post-turning. This also helps give them a bit more of an 'alchemy/SCIENCE!' feel rather than just furry naturific types we've been shoved with now without getting too deep into the Forsaken's 'mad scientist' trope.

The Tauren could also be involved somehow.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:58 PM

Elune

You also have Alpha Prime and the Scythe Of Elune as well. Unless they were only written in so that they would have an excuse as to why the worgen would join the Alliance.

If we wipe that all out, then we would go back to the original explaination of "worgen came from a different planet and it was Arugal who figured out a way to turn worgen back into their human form during the day."

So by using Arugal's notes, the Forsaken would have the cure and take credit for it.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:02 PM

Elune

I honestly never liked that the Worgen Curse is just a glorified druid form. I wasn't a lover of 'from another dimension' either, but at least it had an air of mystery.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
You also have Alpha Prime and the Scythe Of Elune as well. Unless they were only written in so that they would have an excuse as to why the worgen would join the Alliance.
Yeah, I get the feeling that alpha prime was only worked in later. Firstly because he not only doesn't show up in game, his existence is never even hinted at. The big invading bad seems to be Ivar Bloodfang. Secondly, alpha prime is the primary player in a book that pretty much relies on the NE connection to curing the worgen, which would presumably not be present in horde worgen.

Quote:
I honestly never liked that the Worgen Curse is just a glorified druid form. I wasn't a lover of 'from another dimension' either, but at least it had an air of mystery.
I hear that a lot, but as far as I can tell, the whole 'glorified druid form' makes a lot of sense, even using only info from 'nilla. We knew they were connected to Elune, we knew they could be summoned by means not all that extra-ordinary, we knew they originated among the night elves, and we knew that they had some connection to the colour emerald.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:

If we wipe that all out, then we would go back to the original explaination of "worgen came from a different planet and it was Arugal who figured out a way to turn worgen back into their human form during the day."

So by using Arugal's notes, the Forsaken would have the cure and take credit for it.
The horde version would ofcourse be permanently in worgen form, with the forsaken "cure" removing their ability to take human form. With this they could kill off genn and have a worgen liam as leader. He could even be called sylvanas lapdog to please the sylvanites. The eastern horde would then be werewolves, vampires and frankenstein.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 11-24-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 05:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
The horde version would ofcourse be permanently in worgen form, with the forsaken "cure" removing their ability to take human form. With this they could kill off genn and have a worgen liam as leader. He could even be called sylvanas lapdog to please the sylvanites.
If the Worgen were Horde I expect Genn would have kept his WC2 personality.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:29 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
If the Worgen were Horde I expect Genn would have kept his WC2 personality.
Nah, let the man die as a human. Though, if they kept human form for the horde it could've then made it easier to add high elves for the alliance. A human/worgen model for the horde and a changed model for the high elves. High elves migrating to kalimdor would make more sense than human worgens.

edit:
Imagine goblins as a neutral race during wrath, subgroups of the steamwheedle cartel that has joined the factions as mercenaries.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 11-24-2014 at 05:37 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 05:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

If this were all to play out I'd wager Horde would remain my main character faction and Alliance would be more my alts, instead of the other way around.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:43 PM

Eternal Watcher

With my idea we would have 3 races of each faction on both continents with the goblins and pandaren as mercenaries.
orcs, tauren and troll versus night elves, draenei and high elves on kalimdor. Humans, dwarves and gnomes versus forsaken, blood elves and worgen on eastern kingdoms.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 PM

Elune

Would Worgen still maintain their distinctive Victorian London style? Maybe their Transylvanian architecture would have blended better with Undead's as well.\

EDIT: @Ma Caque, I'm thinking the Worgen wouldn't make the Forsaken not use the plague but consider it more of a last resort. Maybe have the Worgen convince the Forsaken to not use it unless absolutely necessary because they would still retain a bloodlust they would have to sate to remain in control.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 11-24-2014 at 06:22 PM..
Old 11-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Echo of the Past

I'm not going to shed tears that another nation the Horde tried to kill isn't now screaming "for da Horde" and attacking former allies.

Same with Alliance goblins.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm not going to shed tears that another nation the Horde tried to kill isn't now screaming "for da Horde" and attacking former allies.

Same with Alliance goblins.
Yeah I would feel immensely sorry for goblins if they been thrown in Alliance, have fun with more gnomes but greener.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:08 AM

Elune

I just realized. Blizz actually followed the advice of a popular character nowadays among Alliance fans!

''If you want something done right leave it to a human.''
Old 11-27-2014, 09:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Too bad Magister Serena can't get the bodyguard trait. She's pretty awesome as a companion NPC.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:31 PM

Arch-Druid

I'm pretty sure that the Goblins were considered for the fourth Alliance race prior to Vanilla. I don't think it was ever a possibility for Cata. And I can't find any mention of Horde Worgen in any Blizzard interview.

ETA: I was wrong. Apparently there was a debate about which race would end up where.

Last edited by Jon Targaryen; 11-27-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Old 11-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Returning to goblins and worgen, what would you say is each races unique selling point?

The idea we started out with was: "Let's do a race that actually transforms in some way". And that evolved into this idea of taking the worgen, which is a story we've wanted to tell for a really long time, and make it so that people can change between their human and worgen form. For the Alliance, they represent a bit more of a sinister race than a lot of the others. They certainly don't have the purity of the Draenei. When we were developing them we thought of them as kind of the Forsaken for the Alliance.

On another note, does anyone think it makes zero sense for Vol'jin to hate Garrosh for using WMD's to claim his victories but doesn't think anything of Sylvanas using WMD's of her own?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
On another note, does anyone think it makes zero sense for Vol'jin to hate Garrosh for using WMD's to claim his victories but doesn't think anything of Sylvanas using WMD's of her own?
I think he has a crush on her. Must be the blue skin.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Why do you say that? Because of the green pools in Warspear?
Closed Thread

Tags
civil bitching, cleansing of the tags, crushed dreams, kill all factions, orcs are definitely evil, orks, post here if masochist, shattered hopes, the cycle begins anew