Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9376  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:44 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Site has been pretty terrible the last couple of days, incredibly slow to load anything.

It's been worse in the past, don't get me wrong, but it's noticeable.
Reply With Quote
  #9377  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,618
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Site has been pretty terrible the last couple of days, incredibly slow to load anything.

It's been worse in the past, don't get me wrong, but it's noticeable.
My Internet's been terrible as of late, so I haven't noticed that I didn't chalk up to "For fuck's sake, you piece of shit router". You say the problems are in loading anything, but have you noticed it being particularly bad at specific times?
Reply With Quote
  #9378  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,912
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
My Internet's been terrible as of late, so I haven't noticed that I didn't chalk up to "For fuck's sake, you piece of shit router". You say the problems are in loading anything, but have you noticed it being particularly bad at specific times?
Same... I've noticed it being really bad on my Iphone... but given my internet issues lately I'm not sure I entirely bought it was wholly the site... but it is noticeable on my PC when the net doesnt seem to be crappy.
__________________
"Killing's an art. And that makes me Picasso"
Reply With Quote
  #9379  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Frostwolf Frostwolf is offline

Elune
Frostwolf's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,410

Default

I was told my signature was too big (before I was asked to remove it because lol) and so I downsized it immediately.

Yet I still see people with the same big ass signatures they had before.

Clearly, it's not important to site staff to ensure everyone is following these rules. Cool. I think that's just awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #9380  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 17,348

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
I was told my signature was too big (before I was asked to remove it because lol) and so I downsized it immediately.

Yet I still see people with the same big ass signatures they had before.

Clearly, it's not important to site staff to ensure everyone is following these rules. Cool. I think that's just awesome.
The gestapo ambushed me in my own in-box to tell me to shorten my list of quotes. So it's still more than just you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #9381  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,891

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

What's the limit on that anyway? There are some pretty big walls of text that some people have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9382  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 AM
ijffdrie ijffdrie is offline

Elune
ijffdrie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: A rock of certainty amid an ocean of possibility
Posts: 15,659

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
What's the limit on that anyway? There are some pretty big walls of text that some people have.
Semi-rule 12

Quote:
12. We request that total images and text in signatures do not exceed 1.5 inches (300 pixels at original size) in height in order to keep the forum easy to read.
__________________
This is not a signature.
Reply With Quote
  #9383  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Kellick Kellick is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,618
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
What's the limit on that anyway? There are some pretty big walls of text that some people have.
Quote:
Highly Recommended [Moderator/Administrator action will not take place unless abuse occurs.]

11. Image Control
11.a. Resize pictures so they do not take up excess space on screen (1000+ pixels at original size).

11.b. If posting more than 10 images or 5 images with 800+ pixels, use links instead of hotlinking.
12. We request that total images and text in signatures do not exceed 1.5 inches (300 pixels at original size) in height in order to keep the forum easy to read.
This may be a weak spot in the rules, since there's the in-built clause of "Eh, we may or may not enforce it.".

If you think someone's signature is abusing that leniency, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #9384  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 39,708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
I was told my signature was too big (before I was asked to remove it because lol) and so I downsized it immediately.

Yet I still see people with the same big ass signatures they had before.

Clearly, it's not important to site staff to ensure everyone is following these rules. Cool. I think that's just awesome.
PM me their names and I'll ask them to downsize them.
Reply With Quote
  #9385  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:55 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 41,117

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
The gestapo ambushed me in my own in-box to tell me to shorten my list of quotes. So it's still more than just you.
You choose the right one to get rid of.
Reply With Quote
  #9386  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Mertico Mertico is offline

Elune
Mertico's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,941

Default

Hammer is banned for his language but Yoggy isn't? Laughable.
Reply With Quote
  #9387  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 39,708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Hammer is banned for his language but Yoggy isn't? Laughable.
Yoggy was told to tone down his commentary. He doesn't have a carte blanche.
Reply With Quote
  #9388  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Arashi Arashi is offline

Eternal
Arashi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,776

Default

We all know someone else who needs to do more than tone down their "commentary".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9389  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:37 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,914

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
Hammer is banned for his language but Yoggy isn't? Laughable.
Biases. They ruin everything, from Lordaeron to forum communities. Many forums died because of it.
Reply With Quote
  #9390  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,891

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
We all know someone else who needs to do more than tone down their "commentary".
I don't think Shekinah is that bad yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9391  
Old 04-18-2017, 06:46 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 14,455

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
We all know someone else who needs to do more than tone down their "commentary".
Fuck you, Proudmoore had NOTHING on his resume before Hillsbrad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
So besides Grackle still being triggered about ships [. . .]
Reply With Quote
  #9392  
Old 04-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,891

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Garithos did nothing wrong!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9393  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 PM
Shekinah Shekinah is online now

Arch-Druid
Shekinah's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Panda Land
Posts: 2,064

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I don't think Shekinah is that bad yet.
You should see me when I choose not to post here.
__________________
I like to cook. Here's a thread on how it relates to Warcraft.
Reply With Quote
  #9394  
Old 04-21-2017, 08:58 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,032
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

I just decided to pop in and see what this place had turned into, can't say I'm surprised. This place took relativism to Pilatus-like spheres while tolerating blatant hatespeech and hate-filled viewpoints for the longest time, small wonder that there's massive blowback from those elements on SoL when a mod actually decides to crack down.

Just speaking personally, I just stopped engaging or even reading here sometime in early 2016 because the vitriol from a few here was just getting too tiresome to deal with and was never really checked except in absolutely extreme cases. I know from several people that personally messaged me back in the day that they feel the same way, and they barely ever bother posting on SoL on said topics due to those same elements being constantly tolerated around here.

I approve of Cantus' stance and moving all remotely politics-related threads to the Halls is probably a good move for the time being. Apologies if this post necro's a more or less closed subject.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #9395  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I know from several people that personally messaged me back in the day that they feel the same way, and they barely ever bother posting on SoL on said topics due to those same elements being constantly tolerated around here.
Funny, I had several people message me "back in the day" sharing how much of an insufferable cunt you were, and how it made them not want to post in said threads.

Apples and oranges, and all that.
Reply With Quote
  #9396  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 39,708

Default

Please stick to objective arguments. This is also not the place for your feuds.
Reply With Quote
  #9397  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,032
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

I don't know what Hammer posted, as I've had him on ignore for the longest time, but I didn't post to point the finger at anyone in particular., nor to warm up personal conflicts. I myself have definitely lost my temper and patience several times in the past here, whether provoked or not is pretty much irrelevant.

I'm merely commenting on the moderating stance that was adopted in the past here, and its logical consequences.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #9398  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I don't know what Hammer posted, as I've had him on ignore for the longest time
Cute, except that hasn't stopped you replying to me in the past, when I've been "on ignore". Really makes you think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Please stick to objective arguments.
Ok.

Despite the above bullshit, and Cantus' nonsense: This site has never been remotely close to /pol/ or whatever buzzwords their ilk want to throw at it.

Just because a few of us aren't shy about calling out the bullshit we see from Islam and BLM doesn't make it /pol/ - the same way just because Miffy/Mutter/Saranus/Yoggy link some truly vile Leftists garbage doesn't make it Dumblr.

Last edited by Nazja; 04-21-2017 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Hammer, please.
Reply With Quote
  #9399  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,914

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Despite the above bullshit, and Cantus' nonsense: This site has never been remotely close to /pol/ or whatever buzzwords their ilk want to throw at it.

Just because a few of us aren't shy about calling out the bullshit we see from Islam and BLM doesn't make it /pol/ - the same way just because Miffy/Mutter/Saranus/Yoggy link some truly vile Leftists garbage doesn't make it Dumblr.
This whole thing wouldn't have happened if Cantus didn't start banning shit because he fell on his ass that day.
Reply With Quote
  #9400  
Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 39,708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
This whole thing wouldn't have happened if Cantus didn't start banning shit because he fell on his ass that day.
Smoke, you too stick to objective arguments.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
administrators, admins, assing, moderations, moderators, mods, no gifs allowed, regulations, rules, tag police

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.