Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I honestly don't understand those complaints about the lack of introduction, at all. The introduction scenario was a good intro already.

It seems like you guys do the stuff and the next week you completely forget about them.
The introduction introduces us to our base camp and the Soul Engine, and that's it - the latter of which we blow up at the end of the questline, and we only return to its former location by way of sometimes looking at the map and seeing a World Quest. After the intro we're left staring at World Quest markers as the only impetus for going to each part of the island. That's not the story. That's "here's your island to grind, good luck with that."

Even the Timeless Isle had a "go check out all the major landmarks" quest to open things up and make the place start out feeling "solid." It was the bare minimum, but it was something, and at the very least the Timeless Isle itself was somewhat ancillary to the main story of its associated patch. The Broken Shore is the continuation of the main story yet lacks even that, and so comes across as a "World Quest arena" rather than a fully storied zone that we return to for our World Quests and Sentinax invasions after some initial quest-driven forays to establish each major locale.

It honestly ends up feeling like rather than building a zone that becomes a source of World Quests like the rest of the Broken Isles did, they were in a big rush to just plug one more World Quest hub into each player's preexisting rotation of daily chores.

Last edited by ARM3481; 04-20-2017 at 02:40 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The introduction introduces us to our base camp and the Soul Engine, and that's it - the latter of which we blow up at the end of the questline, and we only return to its former location by way of sometimes looking at the map and seeing a World Quest. After the intro we're left staring at World Quest markers as the only impetus for going to each part of the island. That's not the story. That's "here's your island to grind, good luck with that."

Even the Timeless Isle had a "go check out all the major landmarks" quest to open things up and make the place start out feeling "solid." It was the bare minimum, but it was something, and at the very least the Timeless Isle itself was somewhat ancillary to the main of its associated patch. The Broken Shore is the continuation of the main story yet lacks even that, and so comes across as a "World Quest arena" rather than a fully storied zone that we return to for our World Quests and Sentinax invasions after some initial quest-driven forays to establish each major locale.

It honestly ends up feeling like rather than building a zone that becomes a source of World Quests like the rest of the Broken Isles did, they were in a big rush to just plug one more World Quest hub into each player's preexisting rotation of daily chores.
Based ARM is wise, it is known.
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
It's *OK* to have national pride, and to want to put your own country's interests first. That's reasonable. It's also OK to expect immigrants to embrace your culture before they try to shove theirs down your throat... after cutting your throat open...
Old 04-20-2017, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Still better than having to follow Illidan fucking everywhere and having to listen to his rambling.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Still better than having to follow Illidan fucking everywhere and having to listen to his rambling.
Illidan makes it worse since he's so disjointed from the sort of story you're getting from Anduin.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:36 PM

Loremaster

Well, the Warrior Hall's teleport was nice while it lasted.

Before it started crashing the game and dumping me in western Aszuna nearly every single time I use it.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Well, the Warrior Hall's teleport was nice while it lasted.

Before it started crashing the game and dumping me in western Aszuna nearly every single time I use it.
I noticed something like that happening on my Paladin when he flew to Azsuna as well, had to reset everything just to get back.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 PM

Arch-Druid

If y'all have Avast Anti-virus and it did its recent update, might want to double check if "Game Mode" is turned on. I had crazy load screen times and crashes, game exit crashes, and other weird issues. Dunno if that's related or not, but turning off Avast's Game Mode has largely solved these issues, and has also improved the whole Sky Hall Jump issues too.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 PM

Loremaster

Hmm, one of today's Broken Shore quests features a return of the Legion's Rakeeshi forces, now corrupting the southeast shore. Perhaps a hint that Velen's son isn't necessarily staying dead?

Which in retrospect would make Velen's breakdown in the Exodar seem a bit premature if nothing we did to Rakeesh was going to be permanent anyway.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Hmm, one of today's Broken Shore quests features a return of the Legion's Rakeeshi forces, now corrupting the southeast shore. Perhaps a hint that Velen's son isn't necessarily staying dead?

Which in retrospect would make Velen's breakdown in the Exodar seem a bit premature if nothing we did to Rakeesh was going to be permanent anyway.
He didn't have an emotional breakdown because Rakeesh was dead.

He had an emotional breakdown because Rakeesh was alive, and serving the Legion.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:16 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
He didn't have an emotional breakdown because Rakeesh was dead.

He had an emotional breakdown because Rakeesh was alive, and serving the Legion.
Right, but the "you must not kill him" thing...well, as it turns out him being a demon meant we weren't really killing him. Velen basically went aggro trying to stop us from temporarily kicking Rakeesh out of Azeroth.

That said, his talk of returning home carries a rather different implication if Rakeesh lives. With Rakeesh dead it came across like Velen intended to return to Argus to dole out retribution upon Kil'jaeden for it, but if Rakeesh lives he could actually mean to find his son on Argus and try to save him.

Last edited by ARM3481; 04-20-2017 at 10:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 10:32 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Right, but the "you must not kill him" thing...well, as it turns out him being a demon meant we weren't really killing him. Velen basically went aggro trying to stop us from temporarily kicking Rakeesh out of Azeroth.

That said, his talk of returning home carries a rather different implication if Rakeesh lives. With Rakeesh dead it came across like Velen intended to return to Argus to dole out retribution upon Kil'jaeden for it, but if Rakeesh lives he could actually mean to find his son on Argus and try to save him.
It was an emotional moment. How do you expect him to be rational back then?

In his emotions, he was trying to stop us from killing him. The fact that Rakeesh would be able to regenerate in the Nether was something he would only realize later on, after the emotions subsided.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:26 AM

Elune

Also once kiljeaden was done twisting the knife with Rakeesh, he could easily destroy or imprison his soul, to torment Velen further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:14 AM

Elune

That part where Anduin saw Varian in a vision, Varian should have said "You must take your place in the circle of life."
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
If y'all have Avast Anti-virus and it did its recent update, might want to double check if "Game Mode" is turned on. I had crazy load screen times and crashes, game exit crashes, and other weird issues. Dunno if that's related or not, but turning off Avast's Game Mode has largely solved these issues, and has also improved the whole Sky Hall Jump issues too.
If you use Avast Anti-virus I recommend that you go see a doctor, a shrink, or a priest or some shit, because there's something seriously wrong with you.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
If you use Avast Anti-virus I recommend that you go see a doctor, a shrink, or a priest or some shit, because there's something seriously wrong with you.
What's currently the best security program to use?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:33 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Avast is fine, just don't rely on it for in-depth scans. Combo it with MalwareBytes and you'll be fine so long as you aren't clicking on clitoral enhancement ads or downloading boxes of trojans.

Now if someone is still using Kaspersky in this day and age, then I fear for their sanity. If they're using McAfee or Norton, I know they're nuts.

The Mad Admin
Old 04-21-2017, 04:06 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
What's currently the best security program to use?
I have no idea, actually. I just seem to remember Avast not being awfully reliable and wanted to be an ass.

I use Malwarebyte's Anti-malware combined with Spybot Search and Destroy, and have been doing so for the past ten years. I'm not sure if it's optimal, but it seems to work, considering I've never had issues with viruses or malware.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
I have no idea, actually. I just seem to remember Avast not being awfully reliable and wanted to be an ass.

I use Malwarebyte's Anti-malware combined with Spybot Search and Destroy, and have been doing so for the past ten years. I'm not sure if it's optimal, but it seems to work, considering I've never had issues with viruses or malware.
Spybot's not as consistent as it used to be. From what I've read, Bitdefender's your best bet for premium, but if you don't want to deal with its more annoying habits on the freeware version, then Avast is perfectly acceptable. Webroot's also been upping their game.

Either way, yeah, it's MWB that's giving you protection (alongside modern browsers' own security updates). SS&D isn't even listed in the top tier of AV anymore.

The Mad Admin
Old 04-21-2017, 05:24 AM

Arch-Druid

If you're not using multiple spyware/anti-virus programs, then that's the real problem. Avast+Malwarebytes works fine as a combo.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

The Anduin quest-line and cinematic is intended to tie together the loose ends with the leadership of the Alliance following the events of the Broken Shore in 7.0.

It's aimed to be similar in nature to the second cinematic Horde players saw following the 7.0 introduction quests which solidified Sylvanas as the new Warchief of the Horde.

Are you kidding me?

That cinematic has more character growth than the sylvanas Warchief coronation (she should ressurect grom).
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Now if someone is still using Kaspersky in this day and age, then I fear for their sanity.
Wot

Since when is Kaspersky no good?
Why would I want to play some cunt in a dress with hands softer than a baby's belly when I can be a hulking motherfucker wearing spiked pauldrons the size of your mother's sweet ass and a loincloth that barely conceals the massive erection I'm rocking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
It's *OK* to have national pride, and to want to put your own country's interests first. That's reasonable. It's also OK to expect immigrants to embrace your culture before they try to shove theirs down your throat... after cutting your throat open...
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
The Anduin quest-line and cinematic is intended to tie together the loose ends with the leadership of the Alliance following the events of the Broken Shore in 7.0.

It's aimed to be similar in nature to the second cinematic Horde players saw following the 7.0 introduction quests which solidified Sylvanas as the new Warchief of the Horde.

Are you kidding me?

That cinematic has more character growth than the sylvanas Warchief coronation (she should ressurect grom).
Of course it does because he isn't a fleshed out character and until now has yet to have some real growth and maturity. Shes already had her time in the sun.Plus like they said its to tie up loose ends for him taking over since we already saw her
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Are you kidding me?

So basically, they aren't going to focus on Sylvanas anymore until they're ready to make her the next Horde raid boss, got it.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Anduin was shoved everyones throat in pandaria, while in cataclysm Sylvanas was, Sure Sylvanas does some minor stuff that isnt horde related (it is more forsaken stuff) But still I find it worrying they chose to not focus so much on sylvanas because she is supposed to be a big player in legion then again so is dargrul and other mobs that die in a quest.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 PM

Elune

It's so weird how Priests get a Forsaken class trainer for one of their champions, that means that if you're Alliance you can have her help you kill her own allies.

Should have given Alliance a Dark Iron Shadow Priest instead, or Moira.

Tags
meme, trickster's tag, trying too hard, world of warcraft, wow legion