Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-16-2014, 08:01 PM

Critter

Crossed Axes (War2) In-Game Garona v. Movie Garona?

So I got a sneak peek at the movie trailer at Blizzcon.
Beyond not seeing any Draenei in the trailer, Garona as she appeared did not look half-draenei either. Just the actress painted green, with non-glowing eyes.

Since the film will focus so much on the Human/Orc dichotomy, do you think they're going to retcon the retcon as it were, and make her half-human again? If so, who(and how) would her human mother be? Would she need to have been artificially-aged like some of the orcs were?
Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Is the movie CG with motion capture?
Old 11-16-2014, 08:09 PM

Critter

Many of the creatures were CGI - orcs, dwarves, etc. But Garona looked like it was the actress herself in costume & green body paint.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:24 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridarcher View Post
Many of the creatures were CGI - orcs, dwarves, etc. But Garona looked like it was the actress herself in costume & green body paint.
At the panel they explicitly said Garona's actress was chosen because they wanted her to be physically on screen rather than a CGI orc like Orgrim. Garona will be portrayed by a real actress slathered in makeup.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:11 PM

Eternal

The movie will always be inferior because it is not animated.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:10 PM

Banished

i hope it doesnt look that cheap because she does look like renderona
Old 11-16-2014, 10:13 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post

i hope it doesnt look that cheap because she does look like renderona
The picture Ingrid is using is from a very early render from WCIII. It's not what Garona looks like in the movie.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:15 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The picture Ingrid is using is from a very early render from WCIII. It's not what Garona looks like in the movie.
i know, im saying the actress looks like the Garona in the render and that i hope the green body paint doesnt look cheap
Old 11-17-2014, 06:26 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
The movie will always be inferior because it is not animated.
Nobody cares about Blizzard animation except Blizzard fans. Live action is the way to go.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Since the film will focus so much on the Human/Orc dichotomy, do you think they're going to retcon the retcon as it were, and make her half-human again? If so, who(and how) would her human mother be? Would she need to have been artificially-aged like some of the orcs were?
It would be easy enough for them to vaguely refer to her as a "half orc", let viewers assume what they will, and then clarify later if need be.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Garona as she appeared did not look half-draenei either.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
At the panel they explicitly said Garona's actress was chosen because they wanted her to be physically on screen rather than a CGI orc like Orgrim. Garona will be portrayed by a real actress slathered in makeup.

Oh God, please no! Please, Blizzard/Legendary! Please don't. I don't want to see another Gamora. Painting people head-to-toe green/blue/red/whatever to make them look like another species has always looked like such a cheap effect to me. Besides, the people who've seen the trailer could swear up and down till they get blue in the face that it's the most realistic CGI they've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure the difference between CGI orcs and live-action "orcs" is going to be pretty jarring.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Oh God, please no! Please, Blizzard/Legendary! Please don't. I don't want to see another Gamora. Painting people head-to-toe green/blue/red/whatever to make them look like another species has always looked like such a cheap effect to me. Besides, the people who've seen the trailer could swear up and down till they get blue in the face that it's the most realistic CGI they've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure the difference between CGI orcs and live-action "orcs" is going to be pretty jarring.
That's why I don't watch sci fi tv shows. All aliens are just funny colored humans with bad haircuts.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Eternal

I mean, if you wanted to not animate you could go Peter Jackson route and put em in plastic costumes. Sometimes I prefer that especially considering the Hobbit's animation is somehow worse than LOTR's animation.

I mean it's kinda hard to balance a movie when you have plenty of CGI (going to assume well done CGI) and then this real-life person who looks fuckin ridiculous.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan

Tags
critical thinking, entertainment, garona, warcraft movie