Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2016, 09:50 AM

Elune

Blue Tome Drusus wants to run... Deathwatch RPG [Recruitment]

Do not ask "Why Kill the Alien?", rather ask, "Why not?"

Quote:
Deathwatch is a roleplaying game in which you take on the role of a member of the Adeptus Astartes—the devout, bio-engineered super-soldiers also known as Space Marines. After many years of exemplary service within your own chapter, you have been singled out and selected to join one of the most unique and specialized collectives of Space Marines—the Deathwatch.

Only the most exceptional candidates from the fighting forces of the Adeptus Astartes are invited to join the mysterious Deathwatch: to take on a new oath and safeguard the Imperium from the darkest of threats. You will now be called into service to hunt down and destroy hostile xenos forces, to seek out and crush the root of heresy and sedition, and to continually fight against the foul daemon menace that crawls forth hungrily from beyond the Warp. You are at the fore of Mankind's war for survival against an extremely hostile universe.

As you probably figured out, I'm looking at playing a game of Deathwatch utilising members of this freakish board. I figured that, of the 40k RPG's, it's probably the easiest to get people into on account of Space Marines and being the closest to a traditional dungeon crawler-esq RPG game. I'm aiming for between three and five players and the time and date of when the game will run will depend very heavily upon the people playing and their avaliability. As a general rule, I'm available most evenings and will probably begin playing at 11pm GMT at the far, far, latest with an ideal being around 7-8pm.

With that being said, if there is particular interest for the other games in the line I would be more than willing to concede to playing Dark Heresy (Inquisitorial investigations) or Black Crusade (be heretics, take over shit), however I figured a slightly more Beer and Pretzels-esq game might go over better since whilst we have a lot of lore fans, there's not quite as many hardcore roleplayers here.

The game will most likely be run via Roll20. I considered play-by-post but eh, it's not the friendliest thing for a game as combat intensive as Deathwatch ordinarily is.

So yeah, interested?

ALTERNATIVELY:

"Innocence proves nothing."

Quote:
Dark Heresy Second Edition is a roleplaying game of danger, mystery, and brutal violence set in the decaying far future of Warhammer 40,000. Players take on the roles of Acolytes serving at the front lines of a great and secret war to root out dangers that imperil all of humanity. As the defenders of humanity, Acolytes embark on hazardous adventures into the dark heart of the Askellon Sector, in the grim, far future of the 41st millennium. To be an Acolyte is to possess more power than most men dream of. Still, this power must be wielded wisely, for its misuse can prove even more damaging than not using it at all. Were an Acolyte to fail in his duties, entire worlds, systems, or even entire sectors may fall to endless night.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and these are the darkest times that humanity has ever known. The Imperium is beset by enemies, from within and without and beyond. Humanity is but a heartbeat from extinction, and it an Acolyte’s job to ensure mankind survives another day…

Last edited by Drusus; 09-28-2016 at 09:54 AM..
Old 09-28-2016, 09:53 AM

World Builder

Damn, wish I could but my only free evening is Saturday when my other game is going, best of luck though.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-28-2016, 09:56 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I could be available around 7GMT on Saturdays. I'd be interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I would be rather interested in a roll20 Deathwatch game. Monday, Tuesday or Friday should work for me.

Tags
scrolls of lore