Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > General WarCraft Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 08:25 PM

Needs A Hug

Default Bootleg Warcraft RP Servers

Found out about these the other day. Has anyone ever tried one? As I understand it, the client only really exists as a medium to present the setting in a user-friendly fashion. The "game" itself is basically a MUD with WoW's interface.

I won't post links 'cause of DA RULEZ. I just think it's interesting. I only ever did RP in WoW part of the time. Like 60-80% of it was spent actually playing the game like it was meant to be played. Never knew there were people who only played to RP.

Last edited by Dithon1; 07-07-2017 at 11:03 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Found out about these the other day. Has anyone ever tried one? As I understand it, the client only really exists as a medium to present the setting in a user-friendly fashion. The "game" itself is basically a MUD with WoW's interface.

I won't post links 'cause of DA RULEZ. I just think it's interesting. I only ever did RP in WoW part of the time. Like 60-80% of it was spent actually playing the game like it was meant to be played. Never knew there were people only played to RP.
So, wait, is this taking Blizz assets and creating a separate game out of them, or is it a WoW server that's just stripped down?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:01 PM

Needs A Hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
So, wait, is this taking Blizz assets and creating a separate game out of them, or is it a WoW server that's just stripped down?
As far as I can tell there's no game mechanics like you're used to. Maybe some basic combat for NPC interaction? Depends on the server. But every player vs player combat situation is handled in emotes using stats from a character sheet. Storytellers spawn in assets and such to run a campaign, your gear is all chosen by you when you make the character and it only affects how he/she looks.

So I suppose it's basically a WoW server with all the core gameplay elements stripped out that you only go on to RP.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:41 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
As far as I can tell there's no game mechanics like you're used to. Maybe some basic combat for NPC interaction? Depends on the server. But every player vs player combat situation is handled in emotes using stats from a character sheet. Storytellers spawn in assets and such to run a campaign, your gear is all chosen by you when you make the character and it only affects how he/she looks.

So I suppose it's basically a WoW server with all the core gameplay elements stripped out that you only go on to RP.
Interesting. If it doesn't violate the ToS, then I don't see a reason links can't be given. Otherwise, let conversation commence.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.

Tags
world of warcraft