Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Druid of the Claw

I was looking at the Magni scenario's map a few hours ago and, the crater of Un'goro is completley flooded. It may just be because of terrain levels and default water though, but eh.

https://i.imgur.com/IofZ6Uj.png

Edit : here is the live version for comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/YGS0cSQ.png

Last edited by MyMindWontQuiet; Yesterday at 10:05 AM..
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Sentinel Queen

The surface of the scenario map isn't something players were ever supposed to see so I wouldn't look into it at all personally. It probably is just default water level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
And the updated Ra-den model that was added at the same time.
I'm hopeful he and the rest of the keepers will show up in Silithus to manage the wound like they did the Well.

Last edited by Asterisk; Yesterday at 10:18 AM..
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, seeing the Keepers working together would be awesome.

I thought they'd go with us to Argus. When I first imagined the Argus patch, I thought we would arrive there via the Tomb of Sargeras portal, with Odyn and the all the Titanforged spearheading our invasion.

That hasn't happened, but it'd be cool to see them at least helping heal Azeroth.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I'm hopeful he and the rest of the keepers will show up in Silithus to manage the wound like they did the Well.
I have given up on the Keepers of Ulduar ever doing anything for this planet. They have done basically nothing since we freed them.

- The Hour of Twilight, the literal end of the world as prophecized by their very creator, the liberation of the Old Gods, the second sundering of this world brought by one of the Aspects they blessed (through the titans), the activation of the re-origination device ? Absent.

- An entire, alternate universe pops up and the Legion tries to invade again ? Absent.

- The Legion's biggest invasion of Azeroth ever ? One of them gives a gun to a hero, two of them defend Ulduar (before one of them is kidnapped and has to be saved), and the rest are absent. And then nothing.

- The homeworld of the Legion manifests into our skies, and the very last bit of their makers - you know, the one thing Ra cherished among all others - are being brainwashed into serving the Legion ? Absent.

So a wound in Silithus ? Eh.
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMindWontQuiet View Post
- The Legion's biggest invasion of Azeroth ever ? One of them gives a gun to a hero, two of them defend Ulduar (before one of them is kidnapped and has to be saved), and the rest are absent. And then nothing.
Technically Hodir and Thorim both joined Odyn's Valarjar army as champions and are fighting in the war. The presence of Dvalen Ironrune as a champion suggests that while the Class Order presentation doesn't show it (it doesn't really show very much; female Valkyra/Shieldmaidens in the Skyhold don't even have voice files, and for an army of legendary dead vrykul there are depressingly few notable legendary dead vrykul), the armies of Ulduar seemingly joined forces with the Valarjar and presumably send whatever isn't needed for keeping the demons out of Ulduar to help with the war effort.

It's hard to say if any of it will amount to anything though; Argus pretty much acts like most of the stuff we did on the Broken Isles doesn't matter. None of our armies seem to accompany us there (and no, a sterile handful of Argus missions on the mission table don't meaningfully count,) and the small handful of NPC's who've come with us are predominantly there to just stand around the Vindicaar doing a whole lot of nothing while the AoL does all of the fighting. Even the inclusion of a mission table on the Vindicaar feels like an afterthought, since one can't really make reasonable use of it without going back to the Class Hall to recruit troops, so they may as well have just left it out.

It's frankly frustrating that the culmination of everything we've built throughout Legion was the Broken Shore, and that turned out to be a lackluster afterthought because the devs had already moved on to Argus. Damned near everyone we know has been demoted to be inactive spectators so we can wrap up over twenty years of WarCraft lore with an army of complete strangers instead. The Alliance and Horde in particular are literally sitting out the ultimate culmination of their own stories. Their literal origins are steeped in the Legion, and they're just nowhere to be seen during its downfall. Fifteen goddamned years of world-building toward this showdown with their primary mutual antagonist and they're both absent.

The true defeat of the Legion is something that should have never been committed to within an MMO environment. Due to mechanical limitations MMO's are really bad at portraying the scope and scale of war (much less the biggest demonic invasion ever), and WoW's no exception. In fact given its commitment to keeping system requirements low, it's more crippled in that regard than most.

Last edited by ARM3481; Yesterday at 01:18 PM..
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I was thinking about this.
Many naaru are of darker colors. Blue, purple, pink. A few were white. Xe'ra is probably purer, hence the golden color.

Maybe Elune, whose light is silvery, is a goddess because she lies in the balance of all forces?
I doubt that she can be considered a goddess because of this feat, since there are discipline priests and other beings that have shown ability to use both the Light and the Void. But it is a very good point, her light isn't the purest looking one and is often associated with the Arcane. And there's the concept of moon cycle from the TCG (it was the justifcation of night elven shadow priests) which allows one to to tap into Shadow via the dark side of the moon. It's also present in ToS with the sisterhood encounter and their platform that acts as a moon disc replica that rapidly changes its moon phases. These sisters combined shadowed moon powers with proper ones.
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Technically Hodir and Thorim both joined Odyn's Valarjar army as champions and are fighting in the war. The presence of Dvalen Ironrune as a champion suggests that while the Class Order presentation doesn't show it (it doesn't really show very much; female Valkyra/Shieldmaidens in the Skyhold don't even have voice files, and for an army of legendary dead vrykul there are depressingly few notable legendary dead vrykul), the armies of Ulduar seemingly joined forces with the Valarjar and presumably send whatever isn't needed for keeping the demons out of Ulduar to help with the war effort.
Oh I went through the Warrior campaign, I know. But, as I said, these were the only appearances the Keepers made in Legion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Argus pretty much acts like most of the stuff we did on the Broken Isles doesn't matter. None of our armies seem to accompany us there (and no, a sterile handful of Argus missions on the mission table don't meaningfully count,) and the small handful of NPC's who've come with us are predominantly there to just stand around the Vindicaar doing a whole lot of nothing while the AoL does all of the fighting. Even the inclusion of a mission table on the Vindicaar feels like an afterthought, since one can't really make reasonable use of it without going back to the Class Hall to recruit troops, so they may as well have just left it out.

It's frankly frustrating that the culmination of everything we've built throughout Legion was the Broken Shore, and that turned out to be a lackluster afterthought because the devs had already moved on to Argus. Damned near everyone we know has been demoted to be inactive spectators so we can wrap up twenty years of WarCraft lore with an army of complete strangers instead. The Alliance and Horde in particular are literally sitting out the ultimate culmination of their own stories. Their literal origins are steeped in the Legion, and they're just nowhere to be seen during its downfall. Fifteen goddamned years of world-building toward this showdown with their mutual antagonist and they're both absent.

The true defeat of the Legion is something that should have never been committed to within an MMO environment. Due to mechanical limitations MMO's are really bad at portraying the scope and scale of war (much less the biggest demonic invasion ever), and WoW's no exception. In fact given its commitment to keeping system requirements low, it's more crippled in that regard than most.
I simply could not agree more. On all points. I feel like all the invasion points and all the World Quests didn't have to be either Illidari or draenei soldiers. There could have been at least world quests in the Antoran Wastes where Legionfall soldiers were present instead.

There's even a WQ where Lightforged simply get trampled by the Hounds of Sargeras and you have to click them to save em.

Worst thing is, it doesn't get better in the raid. There's only the Army of the Light there. The Legionfall will not be there to witness the Legion's fall.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Sentinel Queen

I think a good way to fix those problems would be if Argus's invasions went to Azeroth zones instead. Like, instead of Bonich we get dropped off at Elwynn to help Anduin fight off demons, or instead of Cen'gar it's Dragonblight and helping the Wyrmrest Accord. They would functionally be the same as the current invasions, and they would be instanced copies of the maps so low-level players wouldn't have to deal with all their quest NPCs phased out. Mostly it would show why other people didn't come to Argus with us: They're busy defending Azeroth while we're the strike team.
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
I doubt that she can be considered a goddess because of this feat, since there are discipline priests and other beings that have shown ability to use both the Light and the Void. But it is a very good point, her light isn't the purest looking one and is often associated with the Arcane. And there's the concept of moon cycle from the TCG (it was the justifcation of night elven shadow priests) which allows one to to tap into Shadow via the dark side of the moon. It's also present in ToS with the sisterhood encounter and their platform that acts as a moon disc replica that rapidly changes its moon phases. These sisters combined shadowed moon powers with proper ones.
My hot take: Elune was some sort of experiment by the titans in combining arcane, void and light energies.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
My hot take: Elune was some sort of experiment by the titans in combining arcane, void and light energies.
Hayir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Arch-Druid

I hope Elune is the Mother Constellar, which fits into her themes.

Also, constellars could be world souls that didn't grow a world around them near a star.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
Magni and Brann near the Scarab Gong. It's for that scenario.

Magni, "If the Destroyer is alive, she's in great danger. No wonder she's so troubled..."

"Her nightmares... her greatest fears... we've got to help!"

Brann, "Don't worry, lass. We'll protect ye. We've got to!"
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Obsidian_Destroyer ?

"Destroyer of Dreams" lul

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion