Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

For anyone that's done the Island Expedition content extensively, how mirrored are the teams? Do they have a certain A.I. mechanic that mirrors the same as the team on the opposite faction?

Looking at it, I would imagine the scheme works like this but someone can correct me on it if I'm not 100% right:

Briona's Buccaneers / Greenbelly Raiders: Pirate team
Auric's Angels / The Blazing Sunhawks: Spellcaster team
Light's Vengeance / Warbraves: Objective-focused team
Razak's Roughriders / Gazlowe's Greasemonkeys: Engineer team
The Wolfpack / The Headhunters: Aggressive team that hunts players
Riftrunners / The Highborne: Aggressive magic warrior team
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
Wait, so what's being released today (or tomorrow for the EU servers) in the pre-patch?
Just systems. The first week is for players to get used to the class changes and to find critical bugs. There's no real content this week. Expect more maintenance periods, lots of restarts and a ton of hotfixes over the next days.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Just systems. The first week is for players to get used to the class changes and to find critical bugs. There's no real content this week. Expect more maintenance periods, lots of restarts and a ton of hotfixes over the next days.
I thought that was the sort of thing you would use a PTR for?
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
I thought that was the sort of thing you would use a PTR for?
PTR and Beta have a tiny fraction of the player base. You a lot of the bugs there, but there's always undetected issues. Once you deploy your patch for hundreds of servers and millions of players, you start to find thousands of issues, which need to be sorted and solved by priority.

The very existance of prepatch is to get issues ahead of the expansion release. The prepatch events are there to give people something to do while waiting and to draw new and old players.

Even with it, there's no certainty that all critical issues will have been found and solved when expansion hits. Remember MoP and WoD bottleneck quests for Alliance, for instance.

That's just how things are in software development. Or any other engineering, even. The more people are using something, the more issues will be found. Software is just more complex because there's thousands of tools encoded, and each of them may present some problems.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; Yesterday at 10:40 AM..
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Ah, ok. For some reason I was under the impression that the Burning of Teldrassil quests were also being unlocked today. My bad there. Thanks for the clarification.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft