Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
The only reason you want to fight the Iron Horde is because it's trying to kill you.
Following that logic, wouldn't it be better to join them?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Following that logic, wouldn't it be better to join them?
Generally speaking, once an orc decides you're an enemy, you're their enemy for life.

They might be willing to put you on a lower spot in their "enemy for life" list if you're willing to help them kill other races first, but that's only because one of the more prominent leaders involved doesn't hate you for beating the shit out of him a few months before.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Generally speaking, once an orc decides you're an enemy, you're their enemy for life.
If only that were a fact. Then the Alliance would have all the grounds they'd need to kill every last orc.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
If only that were a fact. Then the Alliance would have all the grounds they'd need to kill every last orc.
It's a fact, but the game's overriding moral signifier is how someone feels about the Horde.

Anyways, yeah, I know how Hellscream1 feels, as I still wish I could have pushed Thrall into the Maelstrom during Dragon Soul's ending cinematic.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:13 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Honestly, you guys should visit Spacebattles.com some stime. They'll teach you more about warfare than any game made by Blizzard ever could. Because they're a bunch of nerds that like to think about burning planets all the time lol
Someone linked me to a thread there where people were talking about my travelogue, using its interpretation of WoW as a basis for a forum-post multiverse conquest game. Seemed like an interesting place.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-12-2014, 02:04 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
It's a fact, but the game's overriding moral signifier is how someone feels about the Horde.

Anyways, yeah, I know how Hellscream1 feels, as I still wish I could have pushed Thrall into the Maelstrom during Dragon Soul's ending cinematic.
After which, I would probably have pushed you both in.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:59 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
And then I'd push you in. We should make a game about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:32 AM

Elune

Quote:
It already does.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:53 AM

Elune

That picture was never funny or clever so stop spamming it.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
No.

Last edited by Drusus; 04-12-2014 at 06:07 AM..
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I think that's the point.

EDIT: Anyhow...
Quote:
(1) Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Ha ha ha!
(1) Fire! Fire! Waa-aaaaaa! Ha!
(2) Looky looky. The great Durotan has come down from his mountain to play with the Skulls.
(2) Pretty words, pretty promises. We will join your Wolves, but only if we can remain Skulls, and burn any iron orcs we find.
(1) We will treat you as allies, not as slaves. There will be plenty of vengeance to go around if you join with us.
(2) So be it. Remember this moment, Wolf chief, when you witness our revenge.
(2) Burn burn burn burn torch and burn and cinder and burn and FIRE!
The Iron Horde is enslaving other Orcs who don't want to join them.

What makes the Iron Horde the right Orcs to join, and not the Orcs who oppose them?

Any Orc who values their freedom and refuses to give into fear would stand against them.

Last edited by Krakhed; 04-12-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Old 04-12-2014, 09:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
I'm a mage. Can't move this.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:53 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
I'm a mage. Can't move this.
You ain't jack.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:30 PM

Elune

Quote:
You ain't jack.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little kobold? Iíll have you know I topped the DPS charts in my guild, and Iíve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Scourge, and I have over 300 confirmed honorable kills. I am trained in ranged warfare and Iím the top mage in the entire realm. You are nothing to me but just another loot piŮata. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Azeroth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of rogues across Azeroth and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the raid, maggot. The raid that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youíre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you with over seven hundred spells, and thatís just with one spec. Not only am I extensively trained in arcane magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Alliance and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ďcleverĒ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnít, you didnít, and now youíre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youíre fucking dead, Hordie.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2014, 03:36 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little kobold? Iíll have you know I topped the DPS charts in my guild, and Iíve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Scourge, and I have over 300 confirmed honorable kills. I am trained in ranged warfare and Iím the top mage in the entire realm. You are nothing to me but just another loot piŮata. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Azeroth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of rogues across Azeroth and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the raid, maggot. The raid that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youíre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you with over seven hundred spells, and thatís just with one spec. Not only am I extensively trained in arcane magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Alliance and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little ďcleverĒ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnít, you didnít, and now youíre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youíre fucking dead, Hordie.
That's a grant rant, except I'm on Alliance so you can't do jack to me either.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Elune

Quote:
That's a grant rant, except I'm on Alliance so you can't do jack to me either.
By that logic, you can't kick me into the Maelstrom that said.

That said, you can't be on the Alliance. The Archivist is a Diablo class.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
By that logic, you can't kick me into the Maelstrom that said.
Nah. I'm pushing you in and not your character.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:49 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
I think so, yeah. At the very least whether they planned on killing him or not (maybe he was supposed to be a boss with Saurfang Jr), they certainly didn't plan on him becoming Lich King.
BRB, Ganking the poster who thought of that idea.

Tags
flamebait, ork klans, orks, waaaagh