Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 PM

Sentinel Queen

Default Is anyone else in favor of Orgrimmar remaining an orc city

ORGRIMmar is an orc city, named after an orc. I feel the majority of the guards should be orcish, with a noticable presence of Trolls, and Tauren.

Trolls really need their own identity, besides the Darkspear being the only non loot pinata Tribe. The Darkspear really aren't being helped in any way by becoming wannabe orcs, all it does is dilute both their identity, and that of the orcs.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Orgrimmar should've been smashed, with Vol'jin making a glorious Tenochtitlan-esque troll capital that combines the Echo Isles with Sen'jin Village, along with some land reclamation.

Look into your heart and know it to be true.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 PM

Sentinel Queen

Darkspear Trolls need a city in Stranglethorn vale, along with a new Gnomeregan being built.

The Stranglethorn vale city would have Troll Berserkers, batriders, and maybe even a dire troll or two as the various guards, a Zandalar ambassadors quarters, raptor pen, ETC.

I'm not that much of a gnome expert, but I was thinking a radiation purification chamber, and such for a New Gnomeregan.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 PM

Eternal

I would've preferred if all races had smaller capitals on par with Bilgewater Harbor then the massive mostly-empty wastes we see today. I'd like a troll capital, I just don't think we need one the size of most cities.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 PM

Elune

Well, personally, I'm not really disturbed by the fact that the majority of the guards will be tauren/trolls, because there will still be a few orc guards there as well. Orcs also fought against Garrosh. I think it's important to note than when Garrosh is defeated in SoO and Vol'jin is made Warchief, it is orc grunts he's surrounded by.

Orcs fought against Garrosh's True Horde. Vol'jin isn't going to start shitting on orcs. If he does, he's going to be risking multiple mak'gora challenges from a few pissed off Darkspear Revolutionaries. It was Vol'jin himself who said "Horde is family." He's not going to fuck up Orgrimmar. Everything is gonna be alright.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 PM

World Builder

Runes

I'd like a floating city anchored to the Echo Isles but extending out further and doubling as a port for a Great Sea Expac.

Same basic deal could work for gnomes, except maybe floating in the air if they didn't want to carve it into the western mountains along the coast of Dun Morogh over current Gnomer.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 PM

Elune

It's the Horde capital now, not the Orc capital. It's been that way since Cataclysm.

Gotta get used to it, man.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 PM

Elune

Much as I dislike that they've gone this route, the orcs have proven that they cannot be trusted under anyone but Thrall. They need to be kept in check, just like the Forsaken needed to be post-Wrathgate with the Kor'kron guards in Undercity.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
It's the Horde capital now, not the Orc capital. It's been that way since Cataclysm.

Gotta get used to it, man.
Its the Orc capital AND the Horde Capital. Same with Stormwind. Most of it is a Orc/Human city, with large sections for the other members of the Horde/Alliance.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
Its the Orc capital AND the Horde Capital. Same with Stormwind. Most of it is a Orc/Human city, with large sections for the other members of the Horde/Alliance.
I wouldn't mind this.

I thought Cataclysm got it down pretty well. Sections for each of the Kalimdor Horde races, but it was still very obviously an Orc-ish city at heart. The other races have their own capitals (bar Trolls) so let the Orcs keep Orgrimmar as the majority. That said they should either expand the Echo Isles or expand the Troll quarter some. Maybe turn Bilgewater Harbour into some form of a functioning capital (Auction House, Bank, etc) if they do the same with Gilneas City.

Last edited by Drusus; 05-01-2014 at 04:24 AM..
Old 05-01-2014, 05:24 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I wouldn't mind this.

I thought Cataclysm got it down pretty well. Sections for each of the Kalimdor Horde races, but it was still very obviously an Orc-ish city at heart. The other races have their own capitals (bar Trolls) so let the Orcs keep Orgrimmar as the majority. That said they should either expand the Echo Isles or expand the Troll quarter some. Maybe turn Bilgewater Harbour into some form of a functioning capital (Auction House, Bank, etc) if they do the same with Gilneas City.
I like the idea of a floating port city for Trolls, something to counter the Alliance having Kul'Tiras exist again.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I like the idea of a floating port city for Trolls, something to counter the Alliance having Kul'Tiras exist again.
Implying Kul'tiras won't be neutral and/or destroyed.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I'd vote for burning it down with the population inside. Or crash it with a mighty tidal wave.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
I wouldn't mind this.

Unfortunately it was portrayed as segregation, so who knows how it'll be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 AM

Druid of the Claw
BattleTag: Sceptrum#2924

Quote:
Implying Kul'tiras won't be neutral and/or destroyed.
Gilneas was worgified, so I expect Kul Tiras to be murlocified at some point.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
Gilneas was worgified, so I expect Kul Tiras to be murlocified at some point.
That would be quite the cruel joke.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
That would be quite the cruel joke.
Nagafied? J/K.

Actually, I would see one new race take center stage in Kul'Tiras: Half-Elves. Following the 2nd War, I'd depict the place as a renaissance trading hub, where gnomish sub-pilots, human sailors and elven mariners came together to make a city of knowledge, art, and culture. At this time Elven Sailors would be quite common in Kul Tiras, and occasionally may have some nights of revelry, resulting in half-breed children seen as symbols of Tirassian multi-culturalism. Sadly, after Proudmoore's death, the city fell somewhat into corruption without strong legitimate leadership. The Half Elf story is about cleaning up this city and bringing Kul'Tiras back to being an active part of the Alliance.

Just so you know, I would totally jump ship from Horde to Alliance for this.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Personally I'd like there to be an Orc city founded in AU Draenor and a totally logical mass exodus home for the Orcs. It'd be cool if Ogrimmar was a Horde capital with a little more flare. To compinsate Gnomes should build new Gnomeregan.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Doh.

Last edited by Garotar; 05-01-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garotar View Post
Doh.
Wrong thread Bro-sama.

Garotar:Edited out my quote to make sure this wasn't accidently derailed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.

Last edited by Garotar; 05-01-2014 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Edited out my quote to make sure this wasn't accidently derailed.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Site Staff - News
BattleTag: Greyhame#1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Wrong thread Bro-sama.
Thanks.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:29 PM

Elune

I'm actually pretty disappointed that the Horde city in WoD is going to be an ogre citadel. It's cool that you get to kick the ogres out and claim it as your own Conan-style, but "Bonetown" (or Grom'gar, I think it was, in-game?) would've been a hell of a lot cooler and a lot more "Horde." I legitimately thought it was going to be the Horde capital when I first saw it. What's more #savage than building a city inside the skeleton of a giant?

But I guess we get to shuffle around inside cramped, stuffy, dark, smoky stone chambers. It's not like Horde is forced to do this all the time. Looking forward to Warsong Hold/Cata Orgrimmar v2.

Edit: Another thing that pisses me off about this, is that Frostfire is very pleasing to look at. Nice soft, dark colors that are pleasing to look at. Once you get inside Bladespire, you're blasted in the face with red and orange and it's jarring as fuck. I was watching a video just to refresh my memory and practically got a headache from it. You go from cool Frostfire to hot Bladespire and it's not an easy, smooth transition. Just doesn't seem like a good design decision at all, to me.

Grom'gar is nice and airy, with a view of the open sky, flushed with cool colors that won't hurt your eyes as soon as you walk in. Bladespire is cramped, smoky, and red. It pisses me off. I don't imagine I'll be spending much time inside there.

Last edited by Frostwolf; 05-01-2014 at 11:41 PM..
Old 05-02-2014, 01:07 AM

Mountain Giant

Zuldazar for da Troll racial capital!

Shoulda been Echo Isles, but that option went out the window when they decided to make that region into a tiny little cluster of flyspecks; never will serve as a true capital.

Bilgewater, Gilneas, and Gnomer need to get finished out and turned into cities too. It's about yime, anyway.

And I have been disappointed in Bladespire as well, for many reasons. There's still more than six months till release, someone start a campaign to get them to move the Horde capital to Bonetown or somewhere actually cool before it's too late!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
I'm actually pretty disappointed that the Horde city in WoD is going to be an ogre citadel.
Remember to watch where you step.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:51 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I really hope Alt Draenor remains in the Main Universe, taking the spot of the destroyed Main Draenor. With this the Horde cannot complain about land as the orcish homeland is huge.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
orcs built hfp citadel, orks, orks can't build, zug zug