Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I wish Zul wasn't the villain. I'd love to have someone like him. Lighting everything on fire was a great move.
I’m not sure what the context for this is, but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks setting everything on fire is a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:16 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
High Overlord Saurfang: I will buy you as much time as I can to complete your mission. The ones you are looking for are just down the hall.
Rokhan: Yah not comin' with us?
High Overlord Saurfang: Are you going to make me?
Rokhan: I don' recall hearin' dat command, now dat yah mention it.
High Overlord Saurfang: Hmph.
High Overlord Saurfang (To guards): Take me to your boy King. I would have words with him.
First Arcanist: I do not think we will be afforded the same courtesy.
Rokhan: T'ink yah right about dat. All de same, got a job to do.

Hmm... so not only does Saurfang refuse to go with them, Sylvanas didn't even want the player to rescue him? Between that and her telling me to sacrifice himself at the Battle of Lordaeron, I think it's clear now that Sylvanas really wants Saurfang out of the picture for whatever reason.

Also, a little disappointing that while the Horde version has allied race characters helping (Lasan Skyhorn and Thalyssra), the Alliance side is just the player, Jaina, and new Kul Tiran characters.
The Before the Storm excerpt made it pretty clear that Sylvanas is walking on eggshells around Saurfang, So I'd imagine him gone would make her life significantly easier as she wouldn't have to worry about a sudden case of decapitation when she missteps.

However, I don't really think I like Saurfang refusing to return to the Horde, the one thing he's been dedicated to his entire life, and none of the characters present bothering to stop him, tell him to catch up or do anything to get him out of Stormwind. He just walks off to talk to Anduin and that's the last we've seen of him.
Speaking of Anduin, I'm also not a fan of the implication here, that Saurfang get's written out early out of the faction war to pull a Vol'jin and plan a revolution against Sylvanas and teams up with Anduin. Because that storyline went over so well with everyone the first time.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Arch-Druid

I think for now it's a bit early to say that's the direction Saurfang is going. We don't know what his conversation with Anduin entails. Maybe he reveals some plot twist about Teldrassil or something.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I’m not sure what the context for this is, but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks setting everything on fire is a good idea.
The Zandalar intro has Zul as one of the inmates you rescue. He never uses any actual magic, but he gives warnings about what's going to happen. He deals with Jaina by setting Stormwind on fire beforehand, so she'll have to deal with that instead of getting in your way.

I like that.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I think for now it's a bit early to say that's the direction Saurfang is going. We don't know what his conversation with Anduin entails. Maybe he reveals some plot twist about Teldrassil or something.
Definitely, but it's the vibes I've been getting from this. Adding to that is that we don't even know what happens to him afterwards, it's like he walks out of the plot completely to return sometime later. It's early alpha I know, but I would very much not look forward to having this happen again.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
it's like he walks out of the plot completely to return sometime later.
So... Jaina?

Last edited by Omacron; 02-09-2018 at 09:49 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Also, a little disappointing that while the Horde version has allied race characters helping (Lasan Skyhorn and Thalyssra), the Alliance side is just the player, Jaina, and new Kul Tiran characters.
I guess that's what happens when your new allies are:

1. A fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a faction.
2. An Army that fits into a small spaceship. Seriously, the Army of the Light is literally the Rebell Alliance after The Last Jedi.

Also, I think I've figured out what irks me about the Goth'dorei. They should be a class, not a race. Their lore is all about how using the Void makes them powerful and what do they do?
They use it for cosmetics and a half-decent short-range teleport that any noob mage can pull off better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I think that this is the first time in WoW history that, as Horde, the Alliance has actually looked really really scary instead of just a bunch of mooks.
And then a Troll sets Stormwind on fire with a single torch.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 02-09-2018 at 11:31 AM..
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Warlord Kao was actually the main villain of my unpublished Pandaren short story; I think Matt Burns in particular really liked it because he keeps seeding parts of it into the world. I'm actually really honored that a creation of mine is making it into the game.
Are you able to give any details on the story or what else made it into the game?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post

Also, I think I've figured out what irks me about the Goth'dorei. They should be a class, not a race.
I've always had the same feeling about worgen.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:39 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I think for now it's a bit early to say that's the direction Saurfang is going. We don't know what his conversation with Anduin entails.
I'm assuming marginal income tax, but I'm a bit rusted on current affairs.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Elune

Some of the stuff I've seen regarding Lordaeron this expansion has also made me wonder if my relentless posting on the subject both here and on the story forums may have also had an influence on someone
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:19 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Some of the stuff I've seen regarding Lordaeron this expansion has also made me wonder if my relentless posting on the subject both here and on the story forums may have also had an influence on someone
I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
If it makes you feel better about all the hours (days?) you've wasted acting batshit crazy, indulge yourself
Old 02-09-2018, 03:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
well clearly blizzard have to throw everything and do everything to appease all fans in the future or else they will lose their last 3 milion people who are still subscribing.

They have to appeal to most players.

And that is (hopefully) what they are doing in the expansion.

Homever warfronts being a seemingly leveling thing only or well a One time per character thing as we have seen. Is awful, for obvious reasons, it is jsut stupid of them to have it as a 110-120 thing and nothing else.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 02-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Elune

You guys laugh but who else here has a rare mob in the game based on them?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I have 2-4.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 02-09-2018, 05:03 PM

Arch-Druid

You are right Fojar.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Ohhh yes, give me that Kul Tiras goodness.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Eternal

Zul got a model.

Also, map titled Gorgrond Orcs, so it's likely the Iron Horde is joining up with our Horde.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Zul got a model.
Why don't the Zandalari males have hind toes? Anyhow, that Drust guy looks pretty cool. Pretty much confirms they used to basically have human morphology, before they had to start reforming themselves out of wood and shit.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Arch-Druid

And it's based on the alpha map for Gorgrond, to make things even stranger...

Here's hoping it's used for a flashback/dream-quest of pre-corruption Draenor and we are recruiting Mag'har, but it's Blizzard, so we will be doing cross-timeline non-sense...

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 02-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Also, I think I've figured out what irks me about the Goth'dorei. They should be a class, not a race. Their lore is all about how using the Void makes them powerful and what do they do?
They use it for cosmetics and a half-decent short-range teleport that any noob mage can pull off better.
They've always felt more like a race to me, even though they have similar themes to Shadow Priests. We know from other examples that there's both a race and a class made out of WoW's magical forces (Light = Draenei, Paladins, Death = Undead, Death Knights, etc.) so this has always looked to me like Blizzard's way of making a Void-themed race and expanding on it beyond just having a single class spec based on it.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:08 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
They've always felt more like a race to me, even though they have similar themes to Shadow Priests. We know from other examples that there's both a race and a class made out of WoW's magical forces (Light = Draenei, Paladins, Death = Undead, Death Knights, etc.) so this has always looked to me like Blizzard's way of making a Void-themed race and expanding on it beyond just having a single class spec based on it.
Problem is that a race is a race. It's usually something that you are born into, not something you train or can transform into. Yes, there were two exceptions already: worgen and undead, but both are unwilling curses that had, under special circunstances, taken over large populations of whole kingdoms.

Void elves feel like a small cult of magic scholars. They were a tiny group that suffered a freak accident, and now are trained by a high elf that has studied the Void.

This raises questions: Can they transform more people? If so, why only elves? Why can't there be void humans or void gnomes joining this "cult"?

Also, what exactly are their powers? Worgen and undead are just physical transformations, but void elves seem to be supernatural in ways that should fit a class better than a race. Telogrus has a vibe of being a place of learning and understanding, rather than a racial community. You walk around that place and expect cultists from many races learning about the void there, rather than looking into it and think "ooooh, this is an elven place".

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 02-09-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-09-2018, 06:36 PM

Elune

Seems there's a number of vulture mounts. I've wanted a regular bird mount since WotLK (like the snow eagles the frostborn have), and though there's been some close ones (the one from WoD, the one from Argus, the rogue class one), I wanted a more "regular" one.

These aren't quite what I wanted (not a huge fan of vultures) but it'll do.

edit: Wait, there are albatross...es (albatrossi?) too. Those are more like it!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
And it's based on the alpha map for Gorgrond, to make things even stranger...

Here's hoping it's used for a flashback/dream-quest of pre-corruption Draenor and we are recruiting Mag'har, but it's Blizzard, so we will be doing cross-timeline non-sense...
Given that the Kingslayer lore says that Blackrock Foundry existed in the MU, maybe alpha Gorgrond is meant to show how Blackrock Foundry looked in the MU?

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft