Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Holy shit people can be negative as fuck... Back when the Alliance where crying about Theramore they cried out that they wanted to raid Ogrimmar and they get to actually do that...
But the greedy alliance pigs also want to keep the city I don't think that will happen. This will just be ,,The Battle For The Undercity" 2
Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Holy shit people can be negative as fuck... Back when the Alliance where crying about Theramore they cried out that they wanted to raid Ogrimmar and they get to actually do that... WoW will not end with MoP so how about people get a bit excited and then wait to see how it plays out when the time comes.
Yeah to burn it to the ground and sate our vengeance. But no...we're the "good guys"...hooray? Sigh alright all I want is for Varian to go in there in lead the charge in the Alliance questing. I don't want to see Thrall's fucking face during the raid until Varian or the heroes run Garrosh through.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Yeah to burn it to the ground and sate our vengeance. But no...we're the "good guys"...hooray? Sigh alright all I want is for Varian to go in there in lead the charge in the Alliance questing. I don't want to see Thrall's fucking face during the raid until Varian or the heroes run Garrosh through.
As much as you want to be a Alliance fanboy not involving Thrall in the entire thing would just be stupid as hell...

The kind of shit we are probably going to see was the stuff people used to say would never happen and would never work out due to WoW being a MMO yet its happening. We have no idea what will happen up until the final raid or in the final raid so why can't you lot just delay the hatred a bit here as Blizzard are trying to cater to the Alliance more with MoP.

Last edited by Ku'ja; 03-19-2012 at 03:12 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
As much as you want to be a Alliance fanboy not involving Thrall in the entire thing would just be stupid as hell...
Why do Thrall and the Horde need to carry the storyline two expansions in a row?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Rite Thrall has to be part of the deal. The Alliance can't have their own guys in this, they need a horde guy.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Why do Thrall and the Horde need to carry the storyline two expansions in a row?
I am sorry do we have confirmation that Thrall is going to be a major presence through MoP ? Is he on Pandaria or are you going to realise he will most likely only be involved in the last patch a bit like Illidan.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
I am sorry do we have confirmation that Thrall is going to be a major presence through MoP ? Is he on Pandaria or are you going to realise he will most likely only be involved in the last patch a bit like Illidan.
The story is still being carried by the Horde.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
The story is still being carried by the Horde.
Its a MMO... Something had to happen in the Horde for there own leader to become a fucking raid boss so of course they are involved.

How do you know the story is being carried by the Horde ? Have you mysteriously played this expansion already and we are all just a bit slow because its description of the way the Horde and Alliance gains Allies throughout Pandaria seems quite balanced to me.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 AM

Glaive Thrower

Didn't the whole Warcraft story start when the the Horde invaded Azeroth.

The Horde gave a world depth and conflict, how has that changed?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 AM

Elune

I wish Lordaeron just teleported somehow to Argus already so no fucker could have it.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I wish Lordaeron just teleported somehow to Argus already so no fucker could have it.
I'm fine with this. It's not like the Alliance's storyline would change.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Couldn't you postpone this discussion until after Garrosh has been dealt with? How can you dismiss the whole story as pointless when the only thing we know is that Garrosh will die?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:59 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Couldn't you postpone this discussion until after Garrosh has been dealt with? How can you dismiss the whole story as pointless when the only thing we know is that Garrosh will die?
^^^^^^
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 AM

Eternal

Quote:
What does the Alliance gain from killing Garrosh in this manner? Give me a realistic answer.
Oh I dunno... like STOP THE FREAKING WAR maybe once Garrosh is replaced?

Quote:
"Yay! We killed Garrosh! (Because the Horde let us, and because we love Thrall and want him back on the throne for some reason. Oh, and the Forsaken are now besieging Ironforge but nobody noticed because we keep ignoring the Forsaken. But at least Thrall is back!)"

Quote:
Great. We don't even get the killing blow. We become Thrall's tools again.
You don't have to get your panties in a bunch every time someone makes an assumption, you know, since at this point it's, you know, an assumption.

Quote:
I thought that I made it clear that my problem isn't with the siege of Orgrimmar, it's how we know it'll be executed.
Really? You know how the raid will be executed? You absolutely fucking know exactly how the raid will be executed even though the expansion isn't even out yet and the raid itself is in the very last content patch? Please, proceed to enlighten me, oh great all-seeing Fojar!

Quote:
Lordaeron a festering slime pit
Lordaeron hasn't been Alliance territory since WC3. Get over it already.

Quote:
Then what's the point of killing Garrosh if it doesn't stop the war?
Again, assumptions. No one said this is exactly what's going to happen but it's more plausible to speculate that the Horde and Alliance will reach some sort of a treaty once Garrosh is out of the way instead of "HUR DURR Y U KILL GARROSH IF NO END WAR!!1!!11! DERP!"

Quote:
Because, as Volkrin said in another thread, the Alliance isn't part of this to be part of the plot. They're there so that they can wave their flag around and go "We're here too!"
Wait, wait, wait... are you seriously saying that after all the effort Blizzard put to make sure we know that the spotlight of MoP will be The Horde-Alliance war and the plot will all revolve around that, you still can't see how the Alliance, who are one side of the conflict, are part of this? Like, really?

The Alliance have as much stake at killing Garrosh and ending the war as the Horde at restoring their inner stability.

Quote:
This is still the Horde's story, and we now know that Alliance players won't even get to kill Garrosh anyway. Thrall is gonna kill Garrosh because that's how neutrality works.
Quote:
Whoop de fucking do. As an unimaginable gesture of good faith, Thrall agrees to do the unthinkable and stop invading the territories that the Horde began invading all the way back in Vanilla. This isn't a concession or gesture of good will, "not invade your enemy's territory anymore" is common fucking sense if you want to end a war.

I mean seriously, did you think this through? "As reward for your services in helping to put down Garrosh, the honorable and powerful Warchief Thrall has decided to let you live. Be grateful, peasants."
Gotta love how ignorant, short-sighted and butthurt you become in your zealous Horde-hate.

Quote:
The fact that I've never really held the intense loathing of Garrosh that I have for Sylvanas and the Forsaken is probably a contributing factor
And THANK GOD for that! Otherwise these forums would be a bottomless cesspool of rage, tears and anal secretion.

Quote:
Again, what's the tangible benefit to killing Garrosh? It doesn't end the war.
Again, you don't know that. You don't know what the buildup will be like, you don't know how it will be handled and you don't now what the consequences for both sides will be. You know nothing. No one does.

Quote:
Who said they have to? Seriously, stop being such a bigoted cunt about everything.

Also, can I as you a question? At this point it's clear you neither respect, not enjoy your faction. You act butthurt all the time and it's clear you don't give 2 shits about WoW as a game unless it's about the Alliance being all Captain America with a power level of over nine thousand. So why do you keep playing? Blizzard are giving Alliance players a chance to see their faction truly shine this expansion and even when you have a chance to get your retribution it still isn't enough. No matter what they do, you'll never be happy. Why do you keep bothering with the franchise?

Last edited by Gortrash; 03-19-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 04:04 AM

Sentinel Queen

Just remake Arathi into a full Alliance zone. If the Alliance players still protest after that - ignore them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 AM

Elune

I dont think the war will stop with Garrosh's death.Didn't Metzen say ''War is coming and it's not pretty'' ?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

I just don't understand the bitching when we are now 2-0 on Horde vs. Alliance capitals raided. Seige of Orgrimmar is Battle for Undercity 2.0. Which is awesome because Battle for Undercity was sweet.

Anyways, any other complaining is pointless when we don't even know the story. Which will be, mark my words, that Garrosh is corrupted by a Sha and both sides need to put him down. That doesn't mean both sides are going to be suddenly peachy-keen friends afterwards though.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:09 AM

Elune

What happens with Gorehowl ? You can't just destroy that mighty axe !
Old 03-19-2012, 04:15 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
What happens with Gorehowl ? You can't just destroy that mighty axe !
We go inside it and free the spirit of Grom.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:17 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
We go inside it and free the spirit of Grom.
Honestly, I think it'd be pretty cool if a shaman summons the spirit of Grom and gives Garrosh the most epic 'Reason You Suck' speech ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 AM

Elune

We should all get beaten within an inch of our life when he's at 1%, then an arrow shot by Vol'jin flies from the shadows and finishes him off >_>
Old 03-19-2012, 04:19 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
We should all get beaten within an inch of our life when he's at 1%, then an arrow shot by Vol'jin flies from the shadows hits his knee
Just had to do it .
Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Oh I dunno... like STOP THE FREAKING WAR maybe once Garrosh is replaced?
How does it stop the war? That's like saying that if FDR was assassinated in World War 2 then the war would suddenly be over.

Quote:
You don't have to get your panties in a bunch every time someone makes an assumption, you know, since at this point it's, you know, an assumption.
It's not an assumption. IGoD confirmed it.

Quote:
Really? You know how the raid will be executed? You absolutely fucking know exactly how the raid will be executed even though the expansion isn't even out yet and the raid itself is in the very last content patch? Please, proceed to enlighten me, oh great all-seeing Fojar!
We know that the Alliance can't make any tangible gains beyond bragging rights That is a fact on account of gameplay mechanics. So we know that something is going to happen to justify the Horde keeping all the territory that they've conquered and then some.

Quote:
Lordaeron hasn't been Alliance territory since WC3. Get over it already.
Yeah man, and as we all know, it's never been a major plot point for the Alliance and Horde war, nor is it an emotionally and symbolically important place for humanity. It's just a spit of land, right?

Quote:
Again, assumptions. No one said this is exactly what's going to happen but it's more plausible to speculate that the Horde and Alliance will reach some sort of a treaty once Garrosh is out of the way instead of "HUR DURR Y U KILL GARROSH IF NO END WAR!!1!!11! DERP!"
A treaty that we know will end up buttfucking the Alliance because the Horde can't actually lose any territory as a result of this.

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait... are you seriously saying that after all the effort Blizzard put to make sure we know that the spotlight of MoP will be The Horde-Alliance war and the plot will all revolve around that, you still can't see how the Alliance, who are one side of the conflict, are part of this? Like, really?
Except the resolution to this conflict will ultimately come from inside the Horde, not because of anything that the Alliance does. The Alliance is playing foil to the Horde right now rather than being an active influence on the storyline.

Quote:
Gotta love how ignorant, short-sighted and butthurt you become in your zealous Horde-hate.
Gotta love how obvious it is when you don't have an effective counterargument.

Quote:
Who said they have to? Seriously, stop being such a bigoted cunt about everything.
And yet they are. From the start of Cataclysm to the end of Mists of Pandaria, the Alliance could literally be replaced by any other faction on Azeroth and we'd have almost the exact same story.

Quote:
Also, can I as you a question? At this point it's clear you neither respect, not enjoy your faction. You act butthurt all the time and it's clear you don't give 2 shits about WoW as a game unless it's about the Alliance being all Captain America with a power level of over nine thousand. So why do you keep playing? Blizzard are giving Alliance players a chance to see their faction truly shine this expansion and even when you have a chance to get your retribution it still isn't enough. No matter what they do, you'll never be happy. Why do you keep bothering with the franchise?
Because I can sense that Blizzard is really trying. Metzen is really trying. They want to succeed and they want everyone to be proud of their faction (well, except maybe Kosak.) They aren't always succeeding but the cool factor of invading Orgrimmar and killing Garrosh is still there, and it's something I want to participate in, and it's probably the coolest thing that's happened from an Alliance perspective since the final cutscene of WotLK.

That doesn't mean that I don't think that it can't be executed better and that doesn't mean that I think that things can't improve. I'll be right there smacking down Garrosh at the end of MoP and loving every second of it, but I don't see how his death is actually going to change anything, if not for lore reasons than for gameplay reasons, especially when it doesn't really address the root of the problem as far as Horde and Alliance relations go (hint: the problem begins with an "F" and ends with "orsaken.")
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:24 AM

Elune

At least Metzen isn't the guy who says ''Eww Alliance'' like most from Blizzard.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Just had to do it .
I understand.