Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Well it is described as a horde civil war, so at least some of the current horde still serves Garrosh when we kill him. You could look at it as, we're killing the "current horde" so that a new regime (Thrall and those who side with him) can make a new, more peaceful horde.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 AM

Banished

At this point I'm not going to be at peace with Warcraft until something atrocious happens to the Horde.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM

Eternal

Ok I'm over my drama about Thrall ninjaing Varian's kill. Whether it's the Alliance or Horde who take out Garrosh, Garrosh fucking dies. All the Alliance soldiers who fell just so he can give Varian the finger have been avenged, and a mad despotic warmonger who almost led Azeroth to the brink of doom has been removed from Azeroth. World saved and mission accomplish. It might not give the Alliance territory, gold or power but the Alliance was always about ensuring justice and making sure the world is safe so mission accomplish I guess. There's comfort in small victories I guess and maybe in another 10 years we can have a go at Sylvanas.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Ok I'm over my drama about Thrall ninjaing Varian's kill. Whether it's the Alliance or Horde who take out Garrosh, Garrosh fucking dies. All the Alliance soldiers who fell just so he can give Varian the finger have been avenged, and a mad despotic warmonger who almost led Azeroth to the brink of doom has been removed from Azeroth. World saved and mission accomplish. It might not give the Alliance territory, gold or power but the Alliance was always about ensuring justice and making sure the world safe so mission accomplish I guess.
Holy shit, Varian doesn't even get the kill? Thrall does?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?!?!??!??!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Well it is described as a horde civil war, so at least some of the current horde still serves Garrosh when we kill him. You could look at it as, we're killing the "current horde" so that a new regime (Thrall and those who side with him) can make a new, more peaceful horde.
Here's the question on my mind though. How could such a Horde possibly include the Forsaken?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
What has he realistically done to the Alliance? Has he crippled us in any way, shape, or form? No. We are still strong. Very, very strong. So strong that we actually need the story to shit on us so Garrosh can compete with us.
Garrosh has hardly been crippling, but you're kidding yourself if he hasn't been a thorn in the side of the Alliance. Between antagonizing them in Northrend, provoking full-scale war in Ashenvale, Stonetalon, and the Barrens, and giving Sylvanas free reign to attack Gilneas, even if he hasn't outright destroyed them, he's hardly been a small threat.

Quote:
Shit yeah I have a good ass reason to be upset. Forgive me if I want to bring upon misery and suffering on the Horde for once and actually make the Alliance revel in it. But of course, actual bad things happening to the Horde is a definite no-no.
I don't see why you want to bring misery upon Horde players. They've never wished the same for the Alliance.

Quote:
We also want that moment to make Horde go: Wow, fuck my life. This is a terrible blow to my faction that will have me reeling for a long time.
The Horde already had that.

It was called the Wrath Gate.

Quote:
At this point I'm not going to be at peace with Warcraft until something atrocious happens to the Horde.
I think you need to see a psychologist, personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Here's the question on my mind though. How could such a Horde possibly include the Forsaken?
Simple, we fall back on Thrall's biggest flaw. He always tries to see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt until its far too late. In other word's he'll believe everything Sylvannas says about how they banned the plague or that "we're just taken what was ours in life, no more. FOR LORDAERON!"
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
If that's really the case, you need to unsub and stop reading these forums today, because it's clearly bad for your health.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM

Banished

Quote:
Garrosh has hardly been crippling, but you're kidding yourself if he hasn't been a thorn in the side of the Alliance. Between antagonizing them in Northrend, provoking full-scale war in Ashenvale, Stonetalon, and the Barrens, and giving Sylvanas free reign to attack Gilneas, even if he hasn't outright destroyed them, he's hardly been a small threat.

I don't see why you want to bring misery upon Horde players. They've never wished the same for the Alliance.

The Horde already had that.

It was called the Wrath Gate.

I think you need to see a psychologist, personally.
He's only not been a small threat because he's the fucking Warchief. He has the jurisdiction to amass and deploy armies, obviously he's going to be a threat. What you aren't grasping is that even if he dies, it doesn't matter. His death means very little for the Alliance. He is extremely expendable and any other Orc commander can do what he does.

All I want is a moment where the Alliance shines and the Horde looks really bad. This is not such a moment. I don't understand why this is such a taboo.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Simple, we fall back on Thrall's biggest flaw. He always tries to see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt until its far too late. In other word's he'll believe everything Sylvannas says about how they banned the plague or that "we're just taken what was ours in life, no more. FOR LORDAERON!"
Yeah, but Thrall spent lots of time in Lordaeron so he KNOWS that the Forsaken aren't an accurate reflection of the Kingdom. He also saw the horrors that the Forsaken committed in the Apothecarium and after things got so bad that the Alliance declares war on the Horde, storms Orgrimmar, and beheads the Warchief, you'd think that he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

I mean, did he try to see the good in Arthas? What about Deathwing? And even if he believed that the Forsaken "only wanted Lordaeron" how would that justify things like the Val'kyr, Southshore, and the Sludge Fields? Those seem to be the kinds of things that would horrify Thrall and cause him to make a volcano just to burn it all away.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Banished

Let me make myself a little more clear. I'm not insinuating that Garrosh being killed in any way means very little to the Alliance, and that only characters like Sylvanas can bring justice.

I'm displeased with the way they are doing this. This is not a real victory. We are helping the Horde. There is a way that can make me go "awesome" if they kill Garrosh, but they aren't doing it.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Holy shit, Varian doesn't even get the kill? Thrall does?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME?!?!??!??!
No one knows yet...

You think a Horde Civil War is not a huge blow to them ? Do not forget we have no idea how this Civil War starts. You all seem to forget the Alliance seems to always win the war in the long run... Not to mention the Horde lost Cairne, had Thunder Bluff taken over and had the same happen with Undercity.

You make it out like the Alliance gets all the bad shit happening to them when i only see Theramore being taken (the entire Lordaeron thing was Arthas's fault no matter if the Forsaken now own those lands).
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
No one knows yet...

You think a Horde Civil War is not a huge blow to them ? Do not forget we have no idea how this Civil War starts. You all seem to forget the Alliance seems to always win the war in the long run... Not to mention the Horde lost Cairne, had Thunder Bluff taken over and had the same happen with Undercity.

You make it out like the Alliance gets all the bad shit happening to them when i only see Theramore being taken (the entire Lordaeron thing was Arthas's fault no matter if the Forsaken now own those lands).
The Wrath gate, Cairne, none of these things are directly caused by the Alliance. That's what needs to happen.

The Alliance needs to kick the Horde's ass for once.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
He's only not been a small threat because he's the fucking Warchief. He has the jurisdiction to amass and deploy armies, obviously he's going to be a threat. What you aren't grasping is that even if he dies, it doesn't matter. His death means very little for the Alliance. He is extremely expendable and any other Orc commander can do what he does.
I'd suggest we wait and see before you decide whether he's a 'small threat'.

Heck, whatever he does in MoP must be big enough to garner the Alliance's attention as well. The phrase they've been using is 'war crimes'. How is it bad that they hold him accountable for those crimes?

Quote:
All I want is a moment where the Alliance shines and the Horde looks really bad. This is not such a moment. I don't understand why this is such a taboo.
It's not so much a taboo as much as you're taking this way too far.

I'm serious. At least Fojar had the decency to apologize in the other thread and voice his concerns in a productive way. You're just coming off as a raving, malicious lunatic at this point.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 AM

World Builder

Runes

Yeah this is pretty dumb.

Oh well, Saurok and Mogu and such look cool.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
The Wrath gate, Cairne, none of these things are directly caused by the Alliance. That's what needs to happen.

The Alliance needs to kick the Horde's ass for once.
Did you read Varians book where him and the Worgen absolutely raped Garrosh and his men to the point of retreat ?

All we know is that Garrosh will be killed or defeated at the end of this expansion but we still do not know by whom so chill out a bit and wait.

Now its sleep time for myself...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM

Banished

Quote:
I'd suggest we wait and see before you decide whether he's a 'small threat'.

Heck, whatever he does in MoP must be big enough to garner the Alliance's attention as well. The phrase they've been using is 'war crimes'. How is it bad that they hold him accountable for those crimes?

It's not so much a taboo as much as you're taking this way too far.

I'm serious. At least Fojar had the decency to apologize in the other thread and voice his concerns in a productive way. You're just coming off as a raving, malicious lunatic at this point.
Jesus...

You're really dense. It doesn't matter what he does. The Horde wants him dead as well and we help them in the event. That's already known. In the end all we're doing is helping the Horde.

This is Moira v2.0. Varian comes in with some assassins and cleans up the city for them. Cool.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Face it people, every single person here knew Garrosh was going to die. The abrupt turnabout to his character and constant forum hatred sealed it. i long accepted it, he deserved better but never got it.

I try oh so hard to see things unbiast but this information only proves Blizzard has no idea what the Alliance fans actually want. Seriously, why the fuck would the Alliance commit to a costly capital invasion to strike down the leader thats driving their enemy into the dust anyway? Thats asinine!

On top of that apparently derailing cataclysm wasn't enough and Thrall gets to play hero again. Fuck. Off.

If I had my way the Horde version would be taking out Garrosh and the Alliance version would be an infiltration while they're vulnerable to axe Thrall and leave the horde in a power vacuum. That would actually make sense as far as the Alliance being there.

Quote:
Did you read Varians book where him and the Worgen absolutely raped Garrosh and his men to the point of retreat ?

All we know is that Garrosh will be killed or defeated at the end of this expansion but we still do not know by whom so chill out a bit and wait.
Thats a book that has no impact in-game whatsoever and effectively changed nothing. Wrathgate had a massive impact, Andorhal had a massive impact and you can damn well bet theramore will have a massive impact. They couldn't even be bothered applying phasing to the one victory the Alliance actually got so nobody knows what the fuck actually happened.

Fojar has a point people, its not just whining.

Last edited by Sa'danak; 03-19-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Face it people, every single person here knew Garrosh was going to die. The abrupt turnabout to his character and constant forum hatred sealed it. i long accepted it, he deserved better but never got it.

I try oh so hard to see things unbiast but this information only proves Blizzard has no idea what the Alliance fans actually want. Seriously, why the fuck would the Alliance commit to a costly capital invasion to strike down the leader thats driving their enemy into the dust anyway? Thats asinine!

On top of that apparently derailing cataclysm wasn't enough and Thrall gets to play hero again. Fuck. Off.

If I had my way the Horde version would be taking out Garrosh and the Alliance version would be an infiltration while they're vulnerable to axe Thrall and leave the horde in a power vacuum. That would actually make sense as far as the Alliance being there.
Oh look. A post that makes actual sense.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
The silver lining to this is that I hope that Horde players feel REALLY shitty when they see Alliance soldiers shielding Orcish children from the battle during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Jesus...

You're really dense. It doesn't matter what he does. The Horde wants him dead as well and we help them in the event. That's already known. In the end all we're doing is helping the Horde.

This is Moira v2.0. Varian comes in with some assassins and cleans up the city for them. Cool.
It is a Civil War which means Garrosh must have quite a lot Orcs with him... Defeating him might even half the Horde's numbers but we do not know yet.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 AM

Banished

Quote:
It is a Civil War which means Garrosh must have quite a lot Orcs with him... Defeating him might even half the Horde's numbers but we do not know yet.
When have numbers in Warcraft ever been relevant? The Horde and the Alliance both keep losing massive amounts of soldiers with high casualty rates every year, yet they are still fielding massive armies. Garrosh can lose 100,000 soldiers at his side that day, when it comes to the next plot point, it won't make a difference. They will always have enough.

And they'll also have the legendary Orc-father at their side. LOK'tar!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Jesus...

And you're fucking insane. I'm sorry, but your desire to spitefully rip into the Horde and make their playerbase suffer is bordering mental instability.

You have no idea why the Alliance decide to go after the Horde. Garrosh for all we know could kill Anduin or destroy Ironforge. And you're saying you'd be fine to let the Alliance sit on their asses and let the Horde do their work? All this talk about how horrible of a creature he is, and you'd be fine letting the Horde get your revenge for you?

Of course you fucking wouldn't. If it was just the Horde doing it, you'd bitch about how they're stealing your chance to kill Garrosh, just like how people have bitched in the past that if leaders like Garrosh and Sylvanas die in an internal Horde conflict, they'd feel cheated out of their chance to get revenge.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
When have numbers in Warcraft ever been relevant? The Horde and the Alliance both keep losing massive amounts of soldiers with high casualty rates every year, yet they are still fielding massive armies. Garrosh can lose 100,000 soldiers at his side that day, when it comes to the next plot point, it won't make a difference. They will always have enough.

And they'll also have the legendary Orc-father at their side. LOK'tar!
I cannot be arsed going on and on about the same thing.. All i was stating was that we simply do not know how Garrosh will die so all of this is grasping at straws here and that is a fact.

Did you forget Garrosh is going to fucking destroy Theramore... Yet the Alliance going for him is a insane idea ? I mean come on.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Shit dude, it's a game. Get your ass outside for a walk if you're gonna get so riled up about it.