Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Yes yes, killing half the horde = horde bias.

Imagine if we killed half the Alliance, the childish temper tantrums you people would throw would cause a second sundering.

Theres two factions in the game, the raid content has to be for both... how is that not logical to you.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
And you're fucking insane. I'm sorry, but your desire to spitefully rip into the Horde and make their playerbase suffer is bordering mental instability.

You have no idea why the Alliance decide to go after the Horde. Garrosh for all we know could kill Anduin or destroy Ironforge. And you're saying you'd be fine to let the Alliance sit on their asses and let the Horde do their work? All this talk about how horrible of a creature he is, and you'd be fine letting the Horde get your revenge for you?

Of course you fucking wouldn't. If it was just the Horde doing it, you'd bitch about how they're stealing your chance to kill Garrosh, just like how people have bitched in the past that if leaders like Garrosh and Sylvanas die in an internal Horde conflict, they'd feel cheated out of their chance to get revenge.
Actually killing Anduin would do a lot of good for Varian's character. And Ironforge is unbreakable, the Horde will never seize it. I get your point, they are just examples. But the fact is, even if I want to kill him really bad, so do the Horde. And Thrall or Varian getting the kill isn't important to my argument. It's the fact that the Horde as well partake in killing him.

I am ridding the Horde of a nuisance. As an Alliance player, that does not sit well with me even if it helps my faction. Also, insanity is unappreciated brilliance.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Actually killing Anduin would do a lot of good for Varian's character. And Ironforge is unbreakable, the Horde will never seize it. I get your point, they are just examples. But the fact is, even if I want to kill him really bad, so do the Horde. And Thrall or Varian getting the kill isn't important to my argument. It's the fact that the Horde as well partake in killing him.

I am ridding the Horde of a nuisance. As an Alliance player, that does not sit well with me even if it helps my faction. Also, insanity is unappreciated brilliance.
Garrosh destroys THERAMORE... Yet you think your cleaning up Horde mess ?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM

Eternal

I kinda wonder who's going to side with Garrosh and if there will be minibosses in the raid. Like npcs that are already established. I know that Garrosh has a few fans with in the Horde. Crommush? Dragonmaw Lady? Tauren taurajo survivors? Bloodhilt?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM

Arch-Druid
Location: A big point of nothing in space and time (i.e. Brisbane, Australia)

Quote:

I am ridding the Horde of a nuisance. As an Alliance player, that does not sit well with me even if it helps my faction.
I think you should be damn well happy you get the chance. Like I said, if it was just the Horde killing Garrosh, there'd be even bigger riots in the streets.

Quote:
Also, insanity is unappreciated brilliance.
*sigh*
Quote:
Shut up and get in the bag, new guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
At least people notice me now. ;-;
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Garrosh destroys THERAMORE... Yet you think your cleaning up Horde mess ?
You know nothing of what happens to Theramore other than it will be a target of the Horde in a scenario. We don't know what happens.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Banished

I'm fine with the raid, but I heard that Thrall was going to be the one to kill Garrosh. It kind of steals the Alliance's thunder, I feel.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
And you're fucking insane. I'm sorry, but your desire to spitefully rip into the Horde and make their playerbase suffer is bordering mental instability.

You have no idea why the Alliance decide to go after the Horde. Garrosh for all we know could kill Anduin or destroy Ironforge. And you're saying you'd be fine to let the Alliance sit on their asses and let the Horde do their work? All this talk about how horrible of a creature he is, and you'd be fine letting the Horde get your revenge for you?

Of course you fucking wouldn't. If it was just the Horde doing it, you'd bitch about how they're stealing your chance to kill Garrosh, just like how people have bitched in the past that if leaders like Garrosh and Sylvanas die in an internal Horde conflict, they'd feel cheated out of their chance to get revenge.
I'll try to argue this peacefully and apologise if I fly off the handle at any point. (We all love this franchise, often way too much)

It doesn't matter what reason the Alliance have to go after Garrosh, it makes no sense to intervene when an enemy is in the midst of destroying themselves. If Anduin dies I'm sure varian would want a piece of Garrosh but the rest of the Alliance simply wouldn't support it. It would be pointless.

Also they are stealing the Alliances chance to kill Garrosh, its already confirmed Thrall gets the kill. Even if it somehow makes sense in-universe its still a massive kick in the crotch to the entire Alliance playerbase. It's pretty much confirmation that the entire expansions leadup is to a threat you won't be dealing with. You get to help with the killing of menial grunts and then watch the Horde get the glory? How is that fair, particularly after they just did that with Cataclysm?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Banished

Quote:
I think you should be damn well happy you get the chance.
And there it is. The Alliance should just suck it up and be happy with what they get.

How can I possibly have this sort of attitude? I want my faction to experience amazing content. I love my faction.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Alliance players not given the chance to kill Garrosh = Alliance players upset
Alliance players given the chance to kill Garrosh = Alliance players still upset

Retarded troll logic to the max.

Elune

Quote:
You know nothing of what happens to Theramore other than it will be a target of the Horde in a scenario. We don't know what happens.
The info we got was that Garrosh destroys Theramore so i am going to go out on a limb here and say he leads the battle... They made it very clear that Garrosh was the one that did it when we were told about the patch.

Banished

Fojar 2.0, ladies and gentlemen! This time with more self-righteousness!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
I'm fine with the raid, but I heard that Thrall was going to be the one to kill Garrosh. It kind of steals the Alliance's thunder, I feel.
Honestly, I feel this part steals EVERYONE'S thunder.

Thrall had his time as Warchief AND his golden moment as savior of the world. He should go back to whatever island he's raising his half-Mag'har babies on and stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I'll try to argue this peacefully and apologise if I fly off the handle at any point. (We all love this franchise, often way too much)

It doesn't matter what reason the Alliance have to go after Garrosh, it makes no sense to intervene when an enemy is in the midst of destroying themselves. If Anduin dies I'm sure varian would want a piece of Garrosh but the rest of the Alliance simply wouldn't support it. It would be pointless.
I disagree. For one, Varian is king, whatever he says goes.

Two, they've specifically stated that Garrosh is going to be punished for war crimes. Considering how he's already crossed the line and back a few times now, I think it's about due time the Alliance did something about it.

And three, like I've said before, if Garrosh did something horrible to the Alliance and they didn't have their chance for revenge, people would be pissed off. I think this is a good compromise.

Quote:
Also they are stealing the Alliances chance to kill Garrosh, its already confirmed Thrall gets the kill. Even if it somehow makes sense in-universe its still a massive kick in the crotch to the entire Alliance playerbase. It's pretty much confirmation that the entire expansions leadup is to a threat you won't be dealing with. You get to help with the killing of menial grunts and then watch the Horde get the glory? How is that fair, particularly after they just did that with Cataclysm?
I agree bringing Thrall back into is stupid. But I'll see how it plays out before it happens. For all we know, Thrall might come begging to Varian like a dog, and Varian could use that as a chance to gain leverage over the a new Horde regime.

Again, speculation. But that's all we have at the moment, and that's why we shouldn't be panicking over the implications of this.

Quote:
And there it is. The Alliance should just suck it up and be happy with what they get.

How can I possibly have this sort of attitude? I want my faction to experience amazing content. I love my faction.
You love a fictional nation to the point where you want real people to suffer for hurting them.

I'm sorry, but you're not getting my sympathy or respect on this.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Fojar 2.0, ladies and gentlemen! This time with more self-righteousness!
Is that a challenge?
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
The info we got was that Garrosh destroys Theramore so i am going to go out on a limb here and say he leads the battle... They made it very clear that Garrosh was the one that did it when we were told about the patch.
Yes, that's excellent. Garrosh will be a character I will come to hate and despise. That's lovely.

Except now I'm helping the Horde kill him because they despise him too. And arguably (I don't know if it is confirmed) Thrall gets the kill as well.

So really, where is the justice in that?

I don't want to help the fucking Horde, dude.

Banished

Quote:
Honestly, I feel this part steals EVERYONE'S thunder.

Thrall had his time as Warchief AND his golden moment as savior of the world. He should go back to whatever island he's raising his half-Mag'har babies on and stay there.
Tell it like it is!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Alliance players given the chance to kill Garrosh = Alliance players still upset

I feel like my posts exist in a vacuum. Everybody only responds to Fojar or Gadinhad. : (

But seriously (in case I'm just that unnoticed), we've got confirmation we're allowed to fight him but the Horde is getting the kill. That takes the thunder out of the situation entirely.

It's Tirion all over again but this time its faction exclusive...and his second end raid boss kill....
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post

More like your strawmanning the logic.

Alliance players given the chance to kill Garrosh and has Thrall finish him = Alliance players upset because they did a lot of work, got all worked up, only for the Horde to steal their thunder.

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 03-19-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I feel like my posts exist in a vacuum. Everybody only responds to Fojar or Gadinhad. : (

But seriously (in case I'm just that unnoticed), we've got confirmation we're allowed to fight him but the Horde is getting the kill. That takes the thunder out of the situation entirely.

It's Tirion all over again but this time its faction exclusive...and his second end raid boss kill....
I'm a hate-magnet. Don't worry about it. My posts are very controversial and I can completely understand how they would garner reactions.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Priestess of the Moon

here is a great interview from wowinsider with Metzen:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mi...zen-interview/

i think it should deescalate some of the discussions going on in this thread.

Quote:
Well, one of the main side quests is Varian being very specific: "Protect the kids. We're not here to conquer these people; we're here to bring down a guy that needs bringin' down." So imagine artillery, imagine the soldiers -- it's gonna be horrific -- but Varian saying, "We're the good guys. We're not here to massacre or enact vengeance on these people. They've been put upon by a bad man."
Quote:
And I think also the Horde will have its own version of that, you know, stopping to consider what's happened the past couple of years and what's been lost and fighting its feet again, spiritually. And that's gonna play out in ways I think people don't expect yet, which is really exciting to me.
btw are you guys overarguiing about stuff that we have only sooooo little info on right now?

Last edited by oblivion; 03-19-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 AM

Banished

Quote:
You're confusing justice with vengeance again. Stop that.

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Tell it like it is!
I think this hatred towards the scenario is overblown, but I agree Thrall coming back is stupid.

We're all sick of him. Heck, I used to love him and now I'm sick of him. Metzen ruined everything I liked about him to turn him into an author avatar.

If Family Guy showed us one thing by turning Brian into Seth Macfarlane's mouthpiece, it's that nobody likes a writer surrogate.
Quote:
Quote:

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
here is a great interview from wowinsider with Metzen:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mi...zen-interview/

i think it should deescalate some of the discussions going on in this thread
Why the hell would we want to deescalate?

/tableflip
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Yes, that's excellent. Garrosh will be a character I will come to hate and despise. That's lovely.

Except now I'm helping the Horde kill him because they despise him too. And arguably (I don't know if it is confirmed) Thrall gets the kill as well.

I don't want to help the fucking Horde, dude.
I honestly give up with you and you would complain no matter how much the Alliance owned the Horde... You are worse than Frojar on so many levels he just has a passion for Lordaeron.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Banished

I'm going to give out my current thoughts on the matter after having taken everyone's views into consideration:

If they give the Alliance the kill, and make it look like Garrosh's deaths, while benefiting the Horde, actually is a pretty bad deal for them, I will be satisfied and look forward to it.

Is that now acceptable?