Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 12-03-2016, 09:19 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default Overwatch Christmas Event

Started talking about this in the other thread but, it's right around the corner. Many seem to think that the event will start this Tues on the 6th, I think it's wishful thinking. I really think the 13th which is a Tuesday is most likely. Halloween started on the 11th of October, ran til the 1st. The 13th is exactly 12 days until Christmas, which the "Twelve Days of Christmas" will likely be used as the song for the video, likely silly gift giving with a Santa skinned hero.

It seems like Hollywood is getting another seasonal reskin. It's likely our special event will take place in Ecopoint Antartica, but it's possible Nepal's snowy terrain might put it in the Running. But thats only if they want to be lazy, if they are already revamping Hollywood, It's probable that they will make it snow on any map. The bigger question is what the playmode will be.

Theres been some stuff datamined regarding it:

There are 4 new map files:
1) There will be an Christmas event, similar to Junkenstein's Revenge.
2) There will be at least 1 Christmas/Holiday-themed map. There might be up to three. One of which the music file confirms is Hollywood like during Halloween.
3) Everyone will be getting a spray, a voice-line, and a victory pose, just like in Halloween.
4) The following characters will also get either a costume, an emote, or a highlight intro:
Widowmaker
Reinhardt
Mercy
Symmetra
Reaper
Sombra
Roadhog
D.Va
Ana
Soldier: 76
Lúcio
5) The following people will have two of the following: a costume, an emote, and a highlight intro:
Winston
McCree
Mei
Pharah
Zarya
Tracer
Zenyatta
And then there's Torbjörn... Who is getting an emote, a costume AND a highlight intro. (Santabjörn confirmed?)

Last edited by Sonneillon; 12-03-2016 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-06-2016, 05:27 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Event is on the 13th as was predicted. The event is apparently in Kings Row's marketstreet. I'm guessing someone's getting a Grinch skin for the villain of the event as it's to be like Junkenstein. If Torb is the star of this year I wonder how this is going to come together, is he the villain?

Last edited by Sonneillon; 12-06-2016 at 05:31 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 08:21 PM

Elune

So tomorrow?
Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Winston REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a new costume.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Half an hour til this goes live.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:30 PM

Elune

takes forever to download >.>
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-13-2016, 01:30 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
takes forever to download >.>
Downloaded it played one Mei Snowball fight (which is quite fun) got the Yeti Winston skin and now I'm off to work til 1AM, sigh.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:41 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Got the Zenyatta skin with my free box.

What the fuck is this day?

Amazing legendary(come 7.1.5 when it gets buffed) on pally, warforged arcanocrystal on hunter, and now this.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:55 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Got the Zenyatta skin with my free box.

What the fuck is this day?

Amazing legendary(come 7.1.5 when it gets buffed) on pally, warforged arcanocrystal on hunter, and now this.
The Zenyata and Torb skins are exactly as I pictured them, the rest all comes as a surprise. I'd say Zenyata's is hands down my best one. The Pharah and Reaper skins both look pretty badass. Mcrees might be my favorite of his skins. Winston was unexpected but pretty rad. I actually like all of them, Lucio is the most bland. But even the recolours have new model elements like Santa hats. Guess we can now know who are getting Valentines skins in February though.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:02 PM

Elune

Mercy Valentine skin? or does she never get anymore because of the witch one!
Old 12-13-2016, 03:15 PM

Elune

Winston skin is the best skin.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 12-13-2016, 04:21 PM

Elune

I hope Easter turns D.Va's mech into a giant bunny.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:13 PM

Elune

The only two skins I want are Zen and Torb. Winston is pretty cool, but not on their level.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:14 PM

Eternal

Finally a Winston skin that's not complete ass. And a Reaper skin that I like more than his base skin.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:41 PM

Elune

Disappointed that the scenario isn't a PvE event. Was the Halloween event a one time thing? The PvE event was fun and had good replay value. The foundation is this game is really well polished and I want to be able to take the characters through more environments.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:38 AM

Banished

Some very cool skins and such, but I'm a bit disappointed at the missed chance for some characters.

I mean, not saying every single character needs a skin, but no Rein Santa? Disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Disappointed that the scenario isn't a PvE event. Was the Halloween event a one time thing? The PvE event was fun and had good replay value. The foundation is this game is really well polished and I want to be able to take the characters through more environments.
To the best of my knowledge (please, anybody, correct me if I'm wrong) they haven't commented on Halloween but given they've said Summer Games will be every year, it's highly likely these events will all return on a yearly basis.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:52 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Some very cool skins and such, but I'm a bit disappointed at the missed chance for some characters.

I mean, not saying every single character needs a skin, but no Rein Santa? Disappoint.

To the best of my knowledge (please, anybody, correct me if I'm wrong) they haven't commented on Halloween but given they've said Summer Games will be every year, it's highly likely these events will all return on a yearly basis.
You know this isn't Overwatch's first and only Christmas event right? There's no reason or logic behind the assumption they they aren't going to build on these holidays or that they are going to return. The skins and other things are even listed as "purchaseable during" which means, yes Halloween and Christmas are going to happen again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
I loved Junkensteins Revenge, and I love the PVE concept for the game. Right now I think they are experimenting with stuff and we are getting these events as an example of that. If we are lucky we will see more in the future.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 12-14-2016 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-14-2016, 10:18 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
You know this isn't Overwatch's first and only Christmas event right? There's no reason or logic behind the assumption they they aren't going to build on these holidays or that they are going to return. The skins and other things are even listed as "purchaseable during" which means, yes Halloween and Christmas are going to happen again next year.
That's what I was saying to PJ, yes; it's highly probable (if not certain) that these events will return yearly, given that's what they've said about Summer Games.

But I wouldn't automatically assume that means they'll expand in the events every year, that isn't really Blizzard's strong suit. (Look at how little differs with the World Events in WoW every year)

I can only hope they do add more down the road, because while most of the Christmas unlocks are awesome, I really am disappointed how many characters got nothing (not counting Sprays and Voice lines because literally every single character gets those)
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
That's what I was saying to PJ, yes; it's highly probable (if not certain) that these events will return yearly, given that's what they've said about Summer Games.

But I wouldn't automatically assume that means they'll expand in the events every year, that isn't really Blizzard's strong suit. (Look at how little differs with the World Events in WoW every year)

I can only hope they do add more down the road, because while most of the Christmas unlocks are awesome, I really am disappointed how many characters got nothing (not counting Sprays and Voice lines because literally every single character gets those)
It would be nice but I'm not holding out on a new play mode every year. I do expect they will keep churning out skins. We will see very few new heroes over the next year, but they will obviously need to keep providing content.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
The Zenyata and Torb skins are exactly as I pictured them, the rest all comes as a surprise. I'd say Zenyata's is hands down my best one. The Pharah and Reaper skins both look pretty badass. Mcrees might be my favorite of his skins. Winston was unexpected but pretty rad. I actually like all of them, Lucio is the most bland. But even the recolours have new model elements like Santa hats. Guess we can now know who are getting Valentines skins in February though.
If Widow doesn't get a sexy Valentine's skin I'll be extremely surprised.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:29 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
If Widow doesn't get a sexy Valentine's skin I'll be extremely surprised.

Tags
blizzard tf2, seasonal event