Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Old 11-01-2016, 01:18 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default Sombra revealed

Looks like Blizz accidentally uploaded some art. At the same time art of a male and female diablo necromancer was also uploaded, hinting they may be in an expac to be announced at blizzcon.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
At the same time art of a male and female diablo necromancer was also uploaded, hinting they may be in an expac to be announced at blizzcon.
Jizz. Jizz everywhere.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:54 AM

Elune

Necro art plz
Old 11-01-2016, 03:07 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Necro art plz
Old 11-01-2016, 03:10 AM

Elune

Noice. I doubt it's D4 and just an expansion. D3 needs a proper closure.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:01 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Sombra looks stupid, but those necros have potential.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 AM

Banished

I love it.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:46 AM

Eternal

She looks pretty dumb. At least she's finally gonna be out of the way and Blizz can focus on some actual heroes now.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:52 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

God bless whoever leaked those. I'm glad something got posted before they put out another arg countdown timer for Blizzcon today. I'm also not her biggest fan artisticly speaking regarding her primary skin, but some of her other skins could be real cool. This does confirm the news paper leak, funny enough both leaks are more interesting than the ARG. My theories about who she was in relation to the Soldier 76 Hero video was way off though.

Necromancer and a new Diablo expansion are pretty exciting news.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:09 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Sombra looks stupid, but those necros have potential.
What makes you feel that? I think she's got an excellent futuristic gang member aesthetic.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-01-2016, 07:14 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
What makes you feel that? I think she's got an excellent futuristic gang member aesthetic.
Imo, in her case less would have been more. I think her style and the lights are too exaggerated, and her smug look doesn't realy work for her because she lacks the presence of someone who should be allowed to look smug.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:16 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Imo, in her case less would have been more. I think her style and the lights are too exaggerated, and she looks way too smug.
You can NEVER look too smug when you're a villain.

EDIT:

Necromancers have the same Scythe / Dagger combo Xul has in HotS, neat

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 11-01-2016 at 07:22 AM..
Old 11-01-2016, 07:48 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Personally for me it's the over use of pink and baby blue as her primary skin. I'd much more prefer her in black, gray and green invoking a classic monochrome monitor. I was also hoping for something "Día de Muertos" about her. She could be a LITTLE more cyber punky for my liking as well but shes not that bad. I know for some it's the fact that the classic Floppy Mohawk hairstyle is suddenly super popular due to Natalie Dormer and Vikings shining light on it, that really doesn't bother me here. Theres loads of Overwatch characters that aren't the most exciting but have grown on me, Lucio for example I hated but through gameplay he now clicks for me. She's certainly not out of place in the lineup character or outfit design wise.

Quote:
I really sort of expected her to be the leader of the Los Muertos, Which I guess this sort of works as, I kinda wish she was a little more gruff if that was the case. I'm very curious about the implications mechanically of the the hacking ribbons we see in this picture. We know she uses an Uzi as her primary shooty shooty gun, but this is more interesting. Our first look at Ana was her Shrike skin, which is arguably "cooler" than her regular skin, but her regular skin is perfect for invoking the character. I think this will be a similar case.

The leaks have been taken down. Ironically I'm more hyped about this than I was about their stupid ARG. Ironically I'm a TSW player, I love a good ARG, Blizzard was just awful at it. If they didn't put out anything today I'd have been infuriated, I'm so glad we got something confirming her aesthetics. The only thing that has kept the interest alive is the German News paper leak and this.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 11-01-2016 at 08:02 AM..
Old 11-01-2016, 08:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Noice. I doubt it's D4 and just an expansion. D3 needs a proper closure.
Back in the day it was leaked D3 would have a trilogy model as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's supposed to be a second expansion.

Necromancer being the class though, doesn't make too much sense. Necromancer as a follower with RoS would have been a great decision, but as its own class it's just witch doctor redux.

If we compare the situation to D2, which had 7 final classes, the counterpart to what's missing in D3 would be the druid, that is, a shapeshifter, with minions, but less than the necromancer.

The only way I see it working in an unique enough way is if the new necromancer is focused around demons and ghosts instead.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-01-2016, 08:03 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Back in the day it was leaked D3 would have a trilogy model as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's supposed to be a second expansion.

Necromancer being the class though, doesn't make too much sense. Necromancer as a follower with RoS would have been a great decision, but as its own class it's just witch doctor redux.

If we compare the situation to D2, which had 7 final classes, the counterpart to what's missing in D3 would be the druid, that is, a shapeshifter, with minions, but less than the necromancer.

The only way I see it working in an unique enough way is if the new necromancer is focused around demons and ghosts instead.
Hopefully they are going back to the classic model of expansions where they release two heroes like they did with the Assassin and Druid. Of course I can only replay the game so many damn times.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post

Xul in HotS is fairly different from the Witch Doctor in HotS.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Eternal

Lets be honest here. We all wanted another D3 expansion just because reaper of souls was actually pretty good for the first third of the game.

And Sombra, as expected, looks pretty stupid. I only just started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and i just realized that she is just an extremely boring version of Joseph Joestar.

You know something is really wrong when you're getting outdone by an old man and pokemon gangster rap artists.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:40 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Originally and for the last while I had convinced myself that Alejandra's mom was going to be Sombra. That she'd retired from Overwatch after it was dissolved and eventually became a crime lord through her hacking, running things from her little shop. She did this in part to keep her daughter she was pregnant with away from the fall out. That she was infact involved with Soldier 76 and thus produced Alejandra. Now I see that I was way off... which is a little jarring. Of course I'm clearly waaaaay off, but that certainly would have made that short way more interesting. I had heard people talk about her actually being Alejandra, but I liked my personal theory way more. Given that we know what she looks like, the popular theory was totally not the case. It seems more likely that shes entirely external from this now. If I still really wanted to tie this stuff together with a neat little bow it could be that SHE is Soldier 76's daughter and Alejandra's mother (though I sincerely doubt this). Still it would be nice if this was the case, it could provide some solid back story for both characters. We could learn about her dead mother, what drove her to what she does now... etc.

One of the things I like about Overwatch is that so many of the Characters aren't plucky young teenagers but rather people who are 30 plus. She looks to be in her 20s, I guess having younger characters is warranted having just released Ana for the last one. I'd still prefer if she were older and had real history given the fact that Overwatch had dossiers on her. Her being a recent thing seems kind of weird. If my theory I mentioned above is the case that certainly makes sense about why they would have been keeping tabs on her. But who knows, we still no diddly squat about her. Many of you are jumping the gun a little bit making assumptions based on character design.

Last edited by Sonneillon; 11-01-2016 at 08:53 AM..
Old 11-01-2016, 08:48 AM

Eternal

That's because Blizzard isn't exactly creative enough to actually have child soldiers or omnics.

Old chicks and dudes are only accepted because soldier 76 and reinhardt are actually pretty cool while ana is pretty lame.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:57 AM

Elune

Found her

minus step 6
Old 11-01-2016, 08:59 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
That's because Blizzard isn't exactly creative enough to actually have child soldiers or omnics.

Old chicks and dudes are only accepted because soldier 76 and reinhardt are actually pretty cool while ana is pretty lame.
Well I mean... D'va is 19, shes pretty much a spring chicken, and we DO have two Omnic characters...

We do however have 10 out of 20 human characters above 35. Which is pretty rare in most games and to tell you the truth I respect the hell out of. So yeah... they do deserve some respect for that.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Tumblr has ruined this word for me and now I forbid anyone here from using it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well I mean... D'va is 19, shes pretty much a spring chicken, and we DO have two Omnic characters...

We do however have 10 out of 20 human characters above 35. Which is pretty rare in most games and to tell you the truth I respect the hell out of. So yeah... they do deserve some respect for that.
Not really when you take in Diablo, Starcraft, and WoW into consideration.

In fact, its pretty much business as usual.

The lack of omnics is a problem.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I'd say Overwatch's biggest problem is the lack of villains, or neutral characters.

Most of the cast are good guys, and you can't really tell the story of a conflict like this. I don't understand why they're even fighting each other anyway.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 AM

Eternal

Also i forgot to mention that this alone knocked out like 6 squares of the official scrolls of lore (tm) bingo card that has yet to be released.

Tags
blizzard tf2, diablo