Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Haste Let's talk Science!

Science! Let's talk about it. Biology, physics, chemistry, astrophysics ... whatever! Do you have a favourite branch of science? Any favourite scientists? Maybe just random part of science that you find neat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Recognize that the very molecules that make up your body, the atoms that construct the molecules, are traceable to the crucibles that were once the centers of high mass stars that exploded their chemically rich guts into the galaxy, enriching pristine gas clouds with the chemistry of life. So that we are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically. Thatís kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that. Itís not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."

I'm most interested in astrophysics, it's why I study it. I think that Isaac Newton is probably the "greatest" physicist due to the scope of his achievements, but I also have a fond spot for scientists who are still able to successfully articulate science in a way that is comprehensive and yet comprehensible (e.g. Neil deGrasse Tyson and Carl Sagan). I just find the scale and depth of the Universe to be so jaw-droppingly terrifying and unequivocally beautiful and when you get to that realization, it compels you to find out more.

Tags
realspace, science, yeah mr white, yeah science