Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 02-18-2017, 08:31 AM

World Builder

I'll never understand the complaints about Millenials being lazy or oversensitive, none of them are born out by actual facts and statistics.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 02-18-2017, 08:51 AM

Problemsolver

Every generation in modern times have had their own brand of sub-cultures diverging from the norm, and more often than not these sub-cultures have been seen as a literal sign of the imminent death of the larger culture their part of. I think with the millenial generation social media and the internets have just broadened the chances of exposition for the special snowflakes, and much like the news media, exaggerating reality.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:36 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

I don't know whether I count as a millennial, maybe. Just.

Either way, with the housing shortage, creeping rise of 0 hour contracts, a massive national debt to inherit, etc, etc. It's really easy to see why Millennials (does this include me?) are so pissed off.

Edit: I do count as one.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 02-18-2017, 09:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
I'll do it. Fuckin' useless millennials, makes me afraid for my country that these gender.... fluid little bitches will be the ones fighting in the next World War. Hope you can keep your shit together Europe, at this rate we won't actually have any men left to send over there to help bail you out next time.
Is military readiness bad at the moment ?
A majority of enlisted men should be millennials by now.

If memory serves the lowest point for the Army was after the Vietnam war with significant breakdown of discipline and rampant substance abuse.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:10 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insipid_Lobster View Post
I don't know whether I count as a millennial, maybe. Just.

Either way, with the housing shortage, creeping rise of 0 hour contracts, a massive national debt to inherit, etc, etc. It's really easy to see why Millennials (does this include me?) are so pissed off.

Edit: I do count as one.
Yeah, I gotta agree with the sentiments here, the millennial hate just seems to be traditional "The youth are wrong!" nostalgia at work.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-18-2017, 10:22 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post

If memory serves the lowest point for the Army was after the Vietnam war with significant breakdown of discipline and rampant substance abuse.
Yeah but his post wasn't based on facts. Just he-man internet posturing.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:23 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: InsipidLobst#2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yeah, I gotta agree with the sentiments here, the millennial hate just seems to be traditional "The youth are wrong!" nostalgia at work.
There's graffiti in Pompei about how shit the "new" generation is, tbh. And no doubt the next will get the same treatment.
“Children are dying." Lull nodded. "That's a succinct summary of humankind, I'd say. Who needs tomes and volumes of history? Children are dying. The injustices of the world hide in those three words.”
Old 02-18-2017, 10:25 AM

Elune

People always shit on the next generation so they don't have to feel as bad about taking everything from them before dying. Old men want to build golden tombs and seal us inside with them.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
There's graffiti in Pompei about how shit the "new" generation is, tbh. And no doubt the next will get the same treatment.
#NotAllGermans Titus! They just want to be part of our superior governance. Fast forward to 476.

mfw
Old 02-18-2017, 04:20 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

If you got the time, listen to the most epic youtuber livestream of all times. so many big ones partaking in support of PewDiePie:

Boogie, Jon Tron, Sargon of Akkad, Philip DeFranco, Kraut and Tea and others.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 02-18-2017, 04:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post

It is bad because of the sequestration. A lot of undermanning, training, and equipment shortfalls.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:11 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Yep, human beings have been human beings for as long as they've been human beings.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-18-2017, 05:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
And did Pompeii prospered under the rule of this new generation ?
Old 02-18-2017, 06:02 PM

Elune

There are bad statistics about millennials though. They have a lot of debt and were slow to move out of their parents homes. Not as many of them had held real jobs as the prior generations.

There is no reason to hate the older generations. They passed a pretty good world onto us. There is no more cold war or fascist parties like Nazism because of them. They designed a government and built all this infrastructure that we use today. We are spoiled rotten and are growing up in the most prosperous and safest time in human history. Lets not just throw it all away for the instant gratification of the moment.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
That's the perfect tool against these fake gender douche bags. When Klinger pretended to be a chick, it was because he was trying to get a Section 8 outta the army. Trying to show everyone he was actually insane. Eventually, he manned up, took over Radars job, and stayed in the military while everyone else got out.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
There are bad statistics about millennials though. They have a lot of debt and were slow to move out of their parents homes. Not as many of them had held real jobs as the prior generations.
You should understand that the reason millennials have a lot of debt is because they were graduating college with student loan debt right when the housing market crashed and it was the worst economic crisis in 70 years back in 2009. It was the worst - by far - since 1929. Millennials spent $30,000 on a bachelor degree instead of $2400 like that Baby Boomer did in a time where wages have not kept up with inflation. All these people were getting out of college and there were no jobs, no money, no homes. The boomers brought it on (what generation do you think those CEOs belong to?) by worshiping private profits at the expense of prudence, and pulled the rug out from under the people graduating into the great recession. Millennials had to find opportunity in this new world order, and started carving out new industries. But now we have a fuckton of old people voting for Donald Trump and the jobs millennials were inventing for themselves are being cast aside so we can put dying industries on life support so these olds can limp into retirement after their 401ks died in 2008.

Last edited by Saranus; 02-18-2017 at 07:46 PM..
Old 02-18-2017, 07:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
If you got the time, listen to the most epic youtuber livestream of all times. so many big ones partaking in support of PewDiePie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1p0apfSCIU

Boogie, Jon Tron, Sargon of Akkad, Philip DeFranco, Kraut and Tea and others.
Another good video.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
You should understand that the reason millennials have a lot of debt is because they were graduating college with student loan debt right when the housing market crashed and it was the worst economic crisis in 70 years back in 2009. It was the worst - by far - since 1929. Millennials spent $30,000 on a bachelor degree instead of $2400 like that Baby Boomer did in a time where wages have not kept up with inflation. All these people were getting out of college and there were no jobs, no money, no homes. The boomers brought it on (what generation do you think those CEOs belong to?) by worshiping private profits at the expense of prudence, and pulled the rug out from under the people graduating into the great recession. Millennials had to find opportunity in this new world order, and started carving out new industries. But now we have a fuckton of old people voting for Donald Trump and the jobs millennials were inventing for themselves are being cast aside so we can put dying industries on life support so these olds can limp into retirement after their 401ks died in 2008.
I don't believe it was a particularly bad recession. The economy is cyclic and we have had some pretty bad economic times between 1929 and 2009 that weren't those two. The response was a bit different and the recovery was the worst it was since 1929 maybe. We aren't the only generation that had to hit adulthood on the onset of an economic downturn. It isn't particularly the millennials fault but upon graduating from high school I could definitely see taking out a loan to go to college was a big risk and that you had to be selective about getting your degree. Even back in 2009 I could see people going back and forth towards a degree and people with degrees who ended up with jobs at Walmart. People that went to college and would not only graduate but with a degree that landed them gainful employment was rare. Getting a degree was what was instilled in us but it required a little bit more thought that most people put towards it. The degree mattered and there was other better options especially for people who can't navigate through the bureaucracy and random bullshit that comes with higher education. I definitely don't look down upon non-degree holders.

It isn't just old people who voted for Trump and Trump is just a lucky guy who rode in on a wave of discontent. Manufacturing is a secondary industry that brings other tertiary jobs to the area. Detroit used to be the richest city in the world and the reason the Midwest isn't like Wyoming or North Dakota is because of manufacturing. The coastal states have the ocean to help spur their economies but the Midwest had manufacturing because of their proximity to the natural resources and the market to sell goods to. There was a time that cutting down those costs on logistics actually mattered so location was important. It didn't have to become noncompetitive because we still have the superior engineering and proximity to the largest market. It was due to regulatory incompetence and maleficence that went way beyond protecting the common good. Not only would this offer a lot of good jobs to millennials but it would spur other economic growth in the region. Our forefathers handed us a pretty good deal and we shouldn't be so ungrateful.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
And 20 something only posting to complain about other people talking because it triggers them.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Another good video.
Having some trouble understanding the bit with "Felix" there, i agree with Mark in general, but whats happened to the other guy that's more than just natural backlash?

He's not being judged because he's white or a conservative or anything, but because he made some really fucked up and hurtful jokes

It feels like these people coming out of the woodwork now to defend him want there to be no reaction to that, like no one's allowed to disapprove or think that was messed up

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-18-2017, 09:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
in a time where wages have not kept up with inflation.
Odd compliant for someone who supports illegal immigration.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Having some trouble understanding the bit with "Felix" there, i agree with Mark in general, but whats happened to the other guy that's more than just natural backlash?

He's not being judged because he's white or a conservative or anything, but because he made some really fucked up and hurtful jokes

It feels like these people coming out of the woodwork now to defend him want there to be no reaction to that, like no one's allowed to disapprove or think that was messed up
Because the media are doing more than just saying the jokes are fucked up, they're trying to paint him as something he's not.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:14 PM

Elune

Is the mob torch and pitchfork hurting or helping the cause of people who don't like these speakers?
Old 02-18-2017, 10:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Is the mob torch and pitchfork hurting or helping the cause of people who don't like these speakers?
From what I heard it seems like the mob sides with Pewdiepie since he has a larger fanbase than the media does and people are tired of the media constantly lying to the populace.

Tags
realspace, serious business