Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest we'd wiped out the Ethereum as a whole. I mean we may or may not have eliminated all of those Ethereum troops who'd been infusing themselves with Void energies along with their Nexus-King.

These Shadowguard could be a continuation of those experiments, or they might feasibly turn out to be something else, like perhaps Ethereals who didn't manage to escape K'aresh and got taken by the Void.
Those Ethereum are still void tainted so apparently not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
on one hand, fuck the Alliance.

On tge othet, HNNNNG!

I might get a virtual ticket for that
What is it with SoL and people having heart attacks/strokes?
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-13-2017, 02:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Wondering when the PTR for 7.3.5 would go up, and if it would include Non-Argus content/Characters.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:17 PM

Sha of Disappointment

If the Virtual Ticket is buyable via Tokens... i am super fucking tempted. Then again i'd buy it for the Alliance mount, and i play... Horde... eh.

I've been noticing some rather shifty and un-lighty behavior with the Light-infused Draenei World Quest NPCs. I'm actually totally on board with Camp "Xe'ra wasn't evil, Blizzard's writing is just shit" but those guys make me think there might be something to it. Like, what selfrespecting Army Of Light draenei would moan about staying behind to heal the wounded? Does not compute.

Also, if this is the Army Of Light - wherethefuck's Anduin?
Old 09-13-2017, 03:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Wondering when the PTR for 7.3.5 would go up, and if it would include Non-Argus content/Characters.
Did they say there will be a 7.3.5, and isn't that just the raid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
The continuing existence of Five Night's at Freddies is proof that there is no God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:43 PM

Druid of the Talon

I think that Velen's vision about Anduin with plate armor and all that will be about the war against the Void and not the Legion.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:12 PM

Faerie Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
I think that Velen's vision about Anduin with plate armor and all that will be about the war against the Void and not the Legion.
Son of the Wolf certainly points that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
I've been noticing some rather shifty and un-lighty behavior with the Light-infused Draenei World Quest NPCs. I'm actually totally on board with Camp "Xe'ra wasn't evil, Blizzard's writing is just shit" but those guys make me think there might be something to it. Like, what selfrespecting Army Of Light draenei would moan about staying behind to heal the wounded? Does not compute.
I said it on the Random Lore Talks thread - I think Blizzard is trying to paint the Light more negatively in order to justify a Neutral Balanceā„¢ faction between the Light and the Void in future expansions. Expect to see sympathetic Void users and jerk Light followers soon.

Last edited by Patrick_C; 09-13-2017 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: doublepost
Old 09-13-2017, 04:22 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Did they say there will be a 7.3.5, and isn't that just the raid?
There will be, and every .5 patch so far has included side content like micro holidays in 7.1.5 and Chromie's scenario in 7.2.5. Not sure what 7.3.5 would be but no reason to not think they're not gonna use the chance to advance the story in some way.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM

Arch-Druid

If I were to guess, 7.3.5 will have:

- A continuation of the Argus campaign, now with us advancing to Antorus' gates. Hoping for the Sha'tar and other naaru-related groups to appear.

- Special Edition mount/pet for next expansion (but they'll be encripted, or added to the PTR only near/after Blizzcon).

- New micro holidays

- "Sandbox content" that they said there would be in Antoran Wastes (I guess it will be located in the area between bridge to Antorus and Antorus itself).

Plus, the following ones will be in 7.3.5 if we do not get another patch after it:

- Some scenarios that will only be available in some weeks, during the content drought towards next expansion. They will close loose ends or link Legion to next expansion. Like Magni scenario, they won't be available in the PTR, at least initially.

- WoD Timewalking, possibly another TW Raid (ICC?)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-13-2017, 06:26 PM

Arch-Druid

I'd like but don't really expect more Argus story. Part 2 to Deaths of Chromie is more believable, and would also be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
- "Sandbox content" that they said there would be in Antoran Wastes (I guess it will be located in the area between bridge to Antorus and Antorus itself)
Sandbox content is what Antoran Wastes now. That means open-ended Timeless Isle style.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Sandbox content is what Antoran Wastes now. That means open-ended Timeless Isle style.
I really don't see sandbox content there. Just WQs, WQs, WQs... With a few rares with requisites to summon or a chance of dropping mounts or toys.

Dunno, IMO Antoran Wastes does not feel like Timeless Island at all.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:37 PM

Hippogryph Rider

It makes sense if they're going with an "Eternal Conflict" infliuence there will be moderates to both Light And Shadow.

Continuing the trend of Blizzard IPs being incestuous as fuck-this time from Diablo.

So yeah, the whole Atypical represetnations of either side showing up is broadening the spectrum,

The Void emphasizing Strength of Mind and fortitude-witht hose fargone falling to madness and insanty.

The Light emphasizing Will and Faith, with those Fargone succumbing to Dogmatic Abandon.

i also liked Locus Walker's statement ab9out how the Void speaks only Half-truths. Because it lends it's power to persuade even the most cynical becaues while it may be true, it does not tell the whole picture. And half-truths are what make even clever people jump to conclusions.

Lord help me I'm actually getting excited about Blizzard lore. This will cone back to bite me surely.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:57 PM

World Builder

Quote:
I really don't see sandbox content there. Just WQs, WQs, WQs... With a few rares with requisites to summon or a chance of dropping mounts or toys.

Care to Juxtapose them for folks that have played neither? They sound superficially similar but without having played in so long I can't say.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 PM

Arch-Druid

I don't really agree that Timeless Isle and Antoran Wastes are dissimilar. They're both big open areas with treasure chests, rares, world bosses, and daily quests/world quests. The most I can say AW is missing that TI had is jumping puzzles and that lore trivia daily.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

I'm with Deicide, I'm really not seeing the parallels.

I would also love to buy a virtual ticket, but I'm pretty sure I have plans already for those dates. Alas.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:52 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Well I'm back at home and was able to finish the Argus campaign and I noticed something weird. I never encountered the two in-game cinematics where Aggramar oversees the Coven of Shivarra torturing the Pantheons' souls, or where we get a vision of Elunaria and Eonar begging for help.

Did I just miss them or were they not implemented?
Old 09-13-2017, 09:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Care to Juxtapose them for folks that have played neither? They sound superficially similar but without having played in so long I can't say.
Quote:
I don't really agree that Timeless Isle and Antoran Wastes are dissimilar. They're both big open areas with treasure chests, rares, world bosses, and daily quests/world quests. The most I can say AW is missing that TI had is jumping puzzles and that lore trivia daily.
Maybe they sound kinda similar because several Timeless Islands features (rares everywhere, chests spawning in random places, collectable buffs and so on) are things that Blizzard has been using in regular zones since then. So, part of what made Timeless Island unique was watered down and became common.

So, I started to think about it: what made Timeless Island different?

First, it was fairly easy to navigate and explore. While going up the mountain had this long path with increasingly difficult mobs, moving downhill was pretty easy, and going from one side of the island to the other was fairly quick. This made finding rares and reaching events nearby much easier.

AW, by contrast, is this long, winding place full of hard mobs and hard to navigate. Even with the beacons, it's bothersome to travel throught AW, it does not feel as right as TW was.

Second, TI had several events. The shark, then the ghost pirate ship, the Celestial arena, Ordos, the summoning of the Archbishop of Flames, the beer in the Pandaren Village. You'd travel around the island looking for things to do, and players could work together to trigger some of those events.

AW feels way more random and less interactive. While it has some of those features, they don't feel quite as right as TI.

Third, TI had the Timeless Coins and Blood Coins. Almost everything you did there gathered the former, and you could also risk yourself to PvP for the later.

AW does not have something akin to that, there's no activity that will always net you something towards a big final non-RNG objective like buying the Golden Celestial Cloud Serpent Mount, so many activities feel pointless unless RNG favors you.

Fourth, TI rares could spawn any time. They were killed before you reached then, then you'd search for others. This would upset people nowadays, but it kept you coming back. Now, you know what rares are up, then goes to their spawn point. If they are dead, you wait a minute and they're back. The rares that aren't up? Don't even bother, they'll only spawn in a few hours.

Fifth, WQs in AW direct you where you need to go. You went to Timeless Island, there was no indication of what you should do, you could go anywhere because the prize locations weren't pointed out in the map. You explored the place, you clicked the buffs, you tried to figure out how to do things. WQs are the opposite of "sandbox".

Finally, I doubt the "Sandbox Content" of AW is up because they said such content would be in "Antoran Wastes" (at least that's how I remember it), and what features in AW that aren't also present in Mac'aree and Krokuun? World Quests, rares, chests, puzzles? They are everywhere in Argus, not just AW. When they mentioned the "Sandbox Content", it sounded like something to do once the content drought arrived. Current AW do not feel like it has content like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Well I'm back at home and was able to finish the Argus campaign and I noticed something weird. I never encountered the two in-game cinematics where Aggramar oversees the Coven of Shivarra torturing the Pantheons' souls, or where we get a vision of Elunaria and Eonar begging for help.

I don't think they are up. Maybe Blizzard plans to release them as content over the weeks before Antorus, just like they released the Magni scenario just before 7.3?

I'm pretty sure we will get more campaign before Antorus. I don't expect something as big as the continuation of Suramar storyline, but it won't be as simple as the chore quests we had in 7.2's "open the Tomb" campaign.

Last edited by Nazja; 09-13-2017 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Double post.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

There obviously will be more Argus content in 7.3.5
Old 09-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post

They weren't included as far as I can tell because I haven't seen them.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:29 PM

World Builder

Quote:

Finally, I doubt the "Sandbox Content" of AW is up because they said such content would be in "Antoran Wastes" (at least that's how I remember it), and what features in AW that aren't also present in Mac'aree and Krokuun? World Quests, rares, chests, puzzles? They are everywhere in Argus, not just AW. When they mentioned the "Sandbox Content", it sounded like something to do once the content drought arrived. Current AW do not feel like it has content like that.
Thanks, I think I see the design differences.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 09-13-2017, 10:06 PM

Sentinel Queen

They showed the Blizzcon gunship mounts near their respective faction areas in the trailer except for the Stormwind Skychaser in Spires of Arak. Color me.................. suspicious........................................ .
Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:

Timeless isle was shit at the time and you only went there to gear up.

Antoran wastes was boring on the ptr. Mostly because null story quests there. I doubt 7.3.5 will change much other than add a few quests.
Btag is Hulk#23939
Old 09-14-2017, 12:33 AM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
They showed the Blizzcon gunship mounts near their respective faction areas in the trailer except for the Stormwind Skychaser in Spires of Arak. Color me.................. suspicious........................................ .
Every Blizzcon I come crawling back like a battered wife hoping for a playable arakkoa announcement. bby plz dont hurt me
Old 09-14-2017, 01:03 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
The only real differences between Questless Isle and Argus is that Argus has half an hour of WoD-boredom-level kill / collect / destroy quests per week and a couple of cinematics.
Also the Questless Isle was a lot nicer to ground mounts. And it dropped more diverse items and toys from what i can tell. Other than that it's the same concept: you run around killing rares, and that's your content for the next twelve months. Except 7.3 threw in a shitton of rep mounts and a dungeon. And spared us the Orcs.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:11 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Timeless isle was shit at the time and you only went there to gear up.

Antoran wastes was boring on the ptr. Mostly because null story quests there. I doubt 7.3.5 will change much other than add a few quests.
Then stop playing the game? I mean its clear you arent good at it and its not for you. You spew your random BS all over man. Dont you have university or some BS to do?
"Oh I like to Comment on the game and where its at" shut up dude, Everyone is sick of ur dumb shit just give some solid feedback or stop

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion