Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
I think he'll be a Paradis but maybe they are getting support. I'd imagine there's some sort of surprise coming in the next couple chapters.

I haven't watched the new anime yet but from what I read it's at least being faithful so far and not too bad. Guess we'll see if Pierrot manages to mess it all up again.

Also Overlord is getting a 3rd season this Summer which is just unheard of for Madhouse.
Could be but it wouldn't surprise me now if they have support from other nations.

Yeah I heard its faithful too. Don't know if I'll watch it overall, I just checked out the OP and ED at this point.

And I really need to get to watching Overlord. I never paid it much attention before but then I got my interest piqued and now I'm curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Only a little more than a week to go for finally more FMP.
Can't wait for that. Still can't believe we've got it back.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Really surprised for Overlord S3 too. S2 was very sloppy with the pacing, they shouldn't have focused on single arcs like that. Take the lizards and mix them with everything else, not just give us 5 whole episodes with them.

Mahotsukai "second season" felt pretty bland. First one was more exciting and had better narrative. It feels like s2 got stuck with the same stuff from s1 and couldn't grow out of it.

Watched Houseki no Kuni recently, liked it a lot. The villains are fantastic. Really recommend it.

Watched the new No Game No Life: Zero movie too. It's ok, enjoyable but nothing spectacular. A bit too slow, and way too focused on the protagonists.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 04-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Really surprised for Overlord S3 too. S2 was very sloppy with the pacing, they shouldn't have focused on single arcs like that. Take the lizards and mix them with everything else, not just give us 5 whole episodes with them.

Mahotsukai "second season" felt pretty bland. First one was more exciting and had better narrative. It feels like s2 got stuck with the same stuff from s1 and couldn't grow out of it.

Watched Houseki no Kuni recently, liked it a lot. The villains are fantastic. Really recommend it.

Watched the new No Game No Life: Zero movie too. It's ok, enjoyable but nothing spectacular. A bit too slow, and way too focused on the protagonists.
Mixing the arcs would have been a sloppy way to handle the adaptation. The main complaint many LN readers had was that some stuff was left out or rushed. In the end though it was a decent adaptation and will pull more people to the novels.

Anyway the Spring season has started up and quite a few big name shows air in the next few days. I do wonder what CR did to manage to actually get so many decent shows this time.

Steins;Gate Zero

Quote:
The dark untold story of Steins;Gate that leads with the eccentric mad scientist Okabe, struggling to recover from a failed attempt at rescuing Kurisu. He decides to give up and abandons his lively scientist alter ego, in pursuit to forget the past. When all seems to be normal, he is seemingly pulled back into the past by meeting an acquaintance of Kurisu, who tells him that they have begun testing a device that stores the memory of a human and creates a simulation of them with their characteristics and personalities. Okabe begins testing and finds out that the simulation of Kurisu has brought back anguish and some new unexpected tragedies.

Zero is a side story that explores events from the Beta Attractor Field's future that contribute in making the end of the original story possible.

Golden Kamuy

Quote:
In Hokkaido, the far northern lands of Japan, Sugimoto survived the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era. Nicknamed "Sugimoto the Immortal" during the war, he now seeks the riches promised by the gold rush in hopes of saving the widowed wife of his now deceased comrade from the war. During his hunt of gold, he finds hints of a hidden stash of gold by corrupt criminals. Partnering with an Ainu girl that saves his life from the harsh climates of the north, they venture into a survival adventure to race against the criminals that seek the hidden stash.

Persona 5

Quote:
The story focuses on the 16-year-old protagonist, Akira Kurusu, who got transferred to Shujin High School in Tokyo after he was sued by a man with political connection for a non-existent violence when Akira saved a woman from being molested by the man, leading to his probation. Arriving in Tokyo, he finds a mysterious app got installed into his phone that enables him to enter another world formed from corrupt hearts of adults where he awakens his power called Persona. During his times there, he is joined by two fellow students Ryuuji Sakamoto and Ann Takamaki, and a shape-shifting cat-like creature known as Morgana. Feeling suppressed by their environment, the four form a group known as the "Phantom Thieves of Heart" to steal corrupt hearts of adults and reform society.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online

Quote:
]Karen Kohiruimaki always felt out of place in the real world. Due to her extreme height, she found it hard to make friends with other girls her age. Everything changes when she's introduced to VR and Gun Gale Online. In GGO, Karen is free to play the cute, chibi avatar of her dreams! Can Karen find friendship in this bullet-ridden MMO...?

In the world of guns and steel that is Gun Gale Online, LLENN has been a devoted, female solo player. She is obsessed with two things: donning herself entirely in pink and honing her skills with consistent game play. She soon discovers her love for hunting other players (a.k.a. PK), soon to be known as the “Pink Devil.” Meanwhile, LLENN meets a beautiful yet mysterious player, Pitohui, and the two click right away. Doing as she is told by Pitohui, she enters the Squad Jam group battle.

Megalo Box

For your classic 80's anime feel

Quote:
A desolate land stretches out from the city of poverty. A motorcycle speeds recklessly, blowing clouds of sand and dust. The rider is the protagonist of this story – he has neither a name nor a past.

All he has is his ring name, “Junk Dog” and a technique for rigging MEGALOBOX matches with his pal Gansaku Nanbu, which they use to support their hand-to-mouth lives. Although he has the skill, he isn’t dissatisfied enough to change his ways- but he’s not satisfied with his life either. JD is bored, resigned, and unfulfilled. He lives with frustration in a life of shadows beneath the lights of fame.

Meanwhile, under the bright sun is Yukiko Shirato, the daughter of Shirato Konzern —the reigning family of the wealthy class. Yukiko decides to advance her career by using MEGALOBOX to organize a large fighting event, MEGALONIA: the tournament to determine the champion of MEGALOBOX. She creates a scenario: MEGALOBOXER Yuri, under her control, will win and become the champion to further promote the Shirato brand gear and expand business. Yuri has been the reigning champion of MEGALOBOX for the past few years. Driven by self-discipline and his strong will to practice, he has the skills and presence of a true champion. The man himself is a shining exemplar of virtuosity.

This is a story of JD and his rival, Yuri. An encounter between shadow and light; a fast-paced story begins when their paths cross.

Caligula

Quote:
In the original game's story, a virtual idol known as μ performs user-inputted songs and gains self-awareness through exposure to users' bitter feelings and dissatisfaction toward reality. Wanting to save humanity — which she believes is continuously suffering — she lures people to a virtual reality world called Mobius with her songs. She then imprisons them in Mobius, thinking they will be free from the suffering of reality and that all their wishes will come true. The game follows the nine members of the "Going Home Club," a club that was formed because the characters want to escape from Mobius and go home. The game's title refers to the "Caligula Effect," which is a pattern of behavior where one wants to see or do something more if it is denied to them.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Elune

https://m.imgur.com/a/BWLp7zG

Next AoT chapter is out and it's a long one.

Sasha dying was kind of expected. She originally was going to die way back before the author changed his mind and I feel this death is more meaningful than her dying to a random titan.

Also seems all the speculation about Zeke was correct and now Gabi is going to learn how things really are on the island.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
https://m.imgur.com/a/BWLp7zG

Next AoT chapter is out and it's a long one.

Sasha dying was kind of expected. She originally was going to die way back before the author changed his mind and I feel this death is more meaningful than her dying to a random titan.

Also seems all the speculation about Zeke was correct and now Gabi is going to learn how things really are on the island.
Was excited to see the release while at work with nothing to do.

No surprise about Zeke, yeah, but still nice to see. So at this point, what does Marley have? Jaw, Cart, and Armored, right? And almost all their next-gen candidates are gone, either killed or out of their reach with the Paradis-folk. From looking at the wiki to remember things, I think only Colt, who was supposed to succeed Zeke, is left, and well, he's certainly not succeeding Zeke now.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
Was excited to see the release while at work with nothing to do.

No surprise about Zeke, yeah, but still nice to see. So at this point, what does Marley have? Jaw, Cart, and Armored, right? And almost all their next-gen candidates are gone, either killed or out of their reach with the Paradis-folk. From looking at the wiki to remember things, I think only Colt, who was supposed to succeed Zeke, is left, and well, he's certainly not succeeding Zeke now.
It will be interesting to see what their plan of survival will be now that the entire world is going to want to attack the island. Eren can't really plan anything like taking all the titans and dying as that'd just mean a random Eldian will get the titan powers. Interesting how we also have at least 2 Marley soldiers working with the island now and who knows how many more they may have turned to their side.

Last edited by Leviathon; 05-03-2018 at 06:25 PM..
Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Elune

The next chapter of AoT is out. Looks like we're getting our flashback to the island.

https://imgur.com/a/9mbS7zr
Old 06-08-2018, 07:50 PM

Elune

Nice to see what happened before. Didn't think about how Paradis didn't have a harbor and all either.

Curious to see what will happen now.

edit: Tokyo Ghoul:re ends in 3 chapters, it seems. Actual end or third series?

Last edited by Arakiba; 06-11-2018 at 03:17 PM..
Old 06-12-2018, 12:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
Nice to see what happened before. Didn't think about how Paradis didn't have a harbor and all either.

Curious to see what will happen now.

edit: Tokyo Ghoul:re ends in 3 chapters, it seems. Actual end or third series?
It's either going to have a bleach ending or there's a third series starting right after.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:00 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Zenki's anime is really good.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:45 AM

Critter

I was in Vietnam in March and it’s crazy how the local people are in love with Japanese everything: culture, food and anime of course. I think most of all them speak (the ones who speak English LOL) of Naruto. This is surprising because in general they don’t have good relationship with Japan because of historical issues, though Japan invests a lot in Vietnam. For example they bring businesses and new technologies, helping to develop the country, they build and sell to foreigners luxury apartments like this for example and this is all in the country where there were no decent roads 20 years ago and people barely could read years before. Now Vietnam looks impressive…A bit nostalgic off topic post
Old 07-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
It's either going to have a bleach ending or there's a third series starting right after.
Bleach ending it is!

Man I just glazed the fuck over in reading that last chapter. I don't even remember half these fucks or confused who was who.

I got really into Ghoul for a while and now its just...bleh. Ah well. Least its over. For now, anyway.

In other news, I heard that the Code Geass compilation movies made some pretty massive changes and may actually be setting the foundation for the third season. Shirley's alive and may get some sort of Geass herself? The fuck?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Bleach ending it is!

Man I just glazed the fuck over in reading that last chapter. I don't even remember half these fucks or confused who was who.

I got really into Ghoul for a while and now its just...bleh. Ah well. Least its over. For now, anyway.

In other news, I heard that the Code Geass compilation movies made some pretty massive changes and may actually be setting the foundation for the third season. Shirley's alive and may get some sort of Geass herself? The fuck?
Yea they went over a bunch of random nobodies while we got nothing on Yoshimura (who as far as we know of is still in a test tube), Akira, Amon, and Eto.

Also the next AoT is out and it's more or less set up our final arc of a bunch of different factions who are all going to collide.

https://imgur.com/a/AwwRlg2
Old 07-08-2018, 09:58 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Yo! I come here asking for an answer from people who know. You guys might already have talked about this earlier in this thread, but I don't want to read above this post. I know you discuss Attack on Titan and I fear being spoiled the story more than anything, especially after one asshole I know spoiled me Sasha's death (I don't read the manga, only rushed through the anime one month ago). So I will only read posts that quote this one to be sure, so please quote it when answering.

Alright, so I didn't like the direction Naruto was taking after Pain so I dropped the show for the time being and went over to Bleach. I have now reached the Pendulum of the Past arc (with young Urahara, Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Aizen, Mayuri, etc.) and I am quite liking the show despite some of its continuity nonesense. However, I have been told by a friend that the show was cancelled and that the story is unfinished. Is that true? If so, this is sure pissing me off. Is the story ridiculously rushed to finish the show early or is it just that I'll never see the ending unless I read the manga?
Old 07-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Yo! I come here asking for an answer from people who know. You guys might already have talked about this earlier in this thread, but I don't want to read above this post. I know you discuss Attack on Titan and I fear being spoiled the story more than anything, especially after one asshole I know spoiled me Sasha's death (I don't read the manga, only rushed through the anime one month ago). So I will only read posts that quote this one to be sure, so please quote it when answering.

Alright, so I didn't like the direction Naruto was taking after Pain so I dropped the show for the time being and went over to Bleach. I have now reached the Pendulum of the Past arc (with young Urahara, Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Aizen, Mayuri, etc.) and I am quite liking the show despite some of its continuity nonesense. However, I have been told by a friend that the show was cancelled and that the story is unfinished. Is that true? If so, this is sure pissing me off. Is the story ridiculously rushed to finish the show early or is it just that I'll never see the ending unless I read the manga?
Bleach the anime ends after a certain arc. To finish the story, you'll have to read the manga. Alternatively, there are manga videos to give you an animated feel, but many have been taken down due to copyright. As for continuity complaints, those are most likely filler arcs and episodes.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post

Bleach in general went down in ratings, both manga and anime wise. The manga at least got to finish, though it was definitely rushed, but the anime more or less ends on an open note after the arc that's a little bit ahead of you (as I recall). So you'll need to read the manga, unfortunately. Maybe at some point they'll animate it though. While it has a lot of problems, there was some cool shit in the final manga arc that I'd love to see animated.

Speaking of Bleach, Kubo has a new one-shot out called Burn the Witch.

I don't want to spoil you Trickster so just stop reading at this point, ok?

Ok so Burn the Witch outright shows that Soul Society apparently has a western branch (that may even have been referenced at one point in a data book) in London. And at the end, the Burn the Witch title has darker ink in places that spells out BLEACH. Implications...

I actually rather liked the one-shot. Despite its problems, I have a soft spot for Kubo's work in general, and I'd love to see him have something new. I also really liked his earlier work Zombie Powder, so I hope to see more from him.

Tags
entertainment, japan, pokemon