Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: Who will transition us out of Legion?
Maiev 2 15.38%
Xavius 0 0%
Anduin 0 0%
Athissa 4 30.77%
Greymayne 0 0%
Dargrul the Underking 0 0%
Khadgar 0 0%
Gul'Dan 1 7.69%
Sylvanas 1 7.69%
Illidan 3 23.08%
Other 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2015, 12:21 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Rogues Gallery: Who Will Lead Us Forward

My hunch is that the guy with the plot armor to move us forward to the expansion after Legion is a featured Character on the Legion website. So let's look at our lineup of suspects:

1. Maiev: she has the potential to be prolific enough in this expansion, assuming she doesn't die in the Vault of Wardens. But where would she take us.

2. Xavius: could lead us to an Emerald Dream Expansion, but it seems like we're dealing with him in the Nightmare Raid. Unless that's just a setback.......

3. Anduin: he could blunder us into a new expansion, kinda the same way he blundered us into Pandaria. Or he could be corrupted and lead us there. But lead us where? In the mean time, if he becomes King of Stormwind during this round, I hope Turalyon reclaims his rightful place as Supreme Commander of Alliance Forces.

4. Athissa: could take us to an actual great seas expansion. That said, she'll probably go down in Azsuna or the Eye of Azshara. I just don't see her as being relevant in the final raid.

5. Glenn Greymayne: I don't see anything overly related to him on the Broken Isles, so maybe his role is to help us transition from fighting a big external threat like the Legion toward a more faction oriented conflict. No idea where that would take place though.

6. Dargrul the Underking: seems interesting and could lead us to an underground expansion. That said, he seems like more of a regional threat to Highmountain than the sort who'd be play a prominent role in the final patch.

7. Khadgar: could be prominent enough, although aside from Gul'Dan he bears some responsibility for leading us to Legion. I don't see him being overly relevant after Legion.

8. Gul'Dan: brought us here. Same boat as Khadgar if not moreso.

9. Sylvanas: see Greymane. Beyond that, some interesting stuff with Dreadlords and her Alleria being back in the mix should make things interesting.

10. Illidan: guaranteed a major role in the final patch. Seems more like a protagonist, and I fail to see his relevance afterwards.

Who do you think it will be?
Old 09-13-2015, 04:20 PM

Eternal

My money is on Tidemistress Athissa to lead us into the Azshara expac.

Maiev, Xavius, Dagrul and Gul'dan probably all die. Anduin, Genn, Khadgar, Sylvanas will fall head into the background. Illidan as well until the next time we deal with the Legion like in a Argus expac.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:21 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

I always bet on my friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:33 PM

Elune

I could see Genn and Sylvanas in a Kul Tiras expansion, what with the faction conflict (*sigh*) coming back. Athissa seems like a ridiculously obvious one-expansion raid fodder boss, a la mantid empress no-one-remembers-her-name, so I doubt she'll get anything close to recurring significance. Xavius could lead into an emerald dream expansion, but that's been stated a fair bit to not be going to happen.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:00 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
I could see Genn and Sylvanas in a Kul Tiras expansion, what with the faction conflict (*sigh*) coming back. Athissa seems like a ridiculously obvious one-expansion raid fodder boss, a la mantid empress no-one-remembers-her-name, so I doubt she'll get anything close to recurring significance. Xavius could lead into an emerald dream expansion, but that's been stated a fair bit to not be going to happen.
I tend to agree, and I see it going 1 of 2 ways:

1. Sylvanas starts killing Alliance leaders because she suspects they are Dread Lords. She may even be right in some cases, but since she has no credibility she gets put down, and we all start fighting over Lordaeron in a big naval expansion.

2. Sylvanas runs out of Val'kyr, so she decides to strike up a deal with Dread Lords to do her Necromancy for her in return for her soul (which she figures is a better fate than the Hell that awaits anyway). Still leads to a naval war over Lordaeron.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:03 PM

Elune

I think Genn's going to make it out honestly. They've not showed signs of introducing any more Worgen protagonists on account of Darius being MIA and- well, short of introducing a new one there's not really anybody else for the job. Plus he's the only real remaining thread to the Second War.

Anduin will, alas, live. If Varian survives the expansion I'll be surprised.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

It's spellt Genn Greymane, btw.

Also, I think I found a leak about Genn's involvement in Legion here it is.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 09-13-2015 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-13-2015, 05:11 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I don't believe the lead-in will be as obvious as before. Imo, simply having Naga search for artefacts and maybe one of the boss escaping to Nazjatar is a fine lead-in.

So I voted Athissa, altough it might also be another Naga that works for her.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:25 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Half the people you list are either going to die, or aren't major enough characters to spearhead into an expansion.

If it's Naga, it will probably be the faction instead of one specific character. I think it'll be Titans in general leading us into the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Half the people you list are either going to die, or aren't major enough characters to spearhead into an expansion.

If it's Naga, it will probably be the faction instead of one specific character. I think it'll be Titans in general leading us into the next one.
That's why I put an other option in addition to the list off the website. Plus there's bound to be someone who wants to vote for Dargrul the Underking just for kicks.

Where exactly do you see the Titans taking us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I don't believe the lead-in will be as obvious as before. Imo, simply having Naga search for artefacts and maybe one of the boss escaping to Nazjatar is a fine lead-in.

Ah, someone who still believes in a Naga expansion. Keep the faith man, keep the faith.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 09-13-2015 at 05:34 PM..
Old 09-13-2015, 05:38 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Expansions I want to see:

World of Warcraft: Troll Atoll
Fight the Zandalari in Zandalar

World of Warcraft: Vicious Snakes
Fight the Naga in the dragon isles and under the sea.

World of Warcraft: To the moon and beyond!
Explore the deserted titan observatory that is the moon. More science-fiction expansion.

World of Warcraft: The dark below
Underground expansion.

The Naga seems the more likely of the lot to be the next one.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Expansions I want to see:

World of Warcraft: Troll Atoll
Fight the Zandalari in Zandalar

World of Warcraft: Vicious Snakes
Fight the Naga in the dragon isles and under the sea.

World of Warcraft: To the moon and beyond!
Explore the deserted titan observatory that is the moon. More science-fiction expansion.

World of Warcraft: The dark below
Underground expansion.

The Naga seems the more likely of the lot to be the next one.
What if Dargrul the Underking wants you to go underground with him. Would you let him show you just how dark it can be down below?
Old 09-13-2015, 06:17 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Dagrul is just a random guy from a random race we've never heard of. He could lead us below, but I'm sure he just gets killed in Neltharion's Lair.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
My money is on Tidemistress Athissa to lead us into the Azshara expac.

Maiev, Xavius, Dagrul and Gul'dan probably all die. Anduin, Genn, Khadgar, Sylvanas will fall head into the background. Illidan as well until the next time we deal with the Legion like in a Argus expac.
Blizzard entertainment, master of subtlety.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:56 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Frost

It will break my heart if we don't explore the South Seas for real after Legion. My hope is the naga antagonists will lead into the next expansion.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:20 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Last time it was Azshara, how about Tyrande this time?
Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I think it'll be Titans in general leading us into the next one.

This

Looking back at the announcement event, it kinda feels like they were setting up the Titans as the next Big Thing. It could be that they're just going to be the theme of 7.2 and then they're forgotten. I won't say that Blizz WON'T do that, but they definitely SHOULDN'T do that and the Titans should be more than a one-off plot thread. If they arrive in 7.2, then they could segue into the next Xpack.

Also, what about Wrathion? Forgotten...or perfect time for reappearance (rebuilding the final titan and all)
Old 09-14-2015, 04:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

It's always the "final boss", so Illidan. Maybe he runs away to Nazjatar, and we give chase.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-14-2015, 05:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
It's always the "final boss", so Illidan. Maybe he runs away to Nazjatar, and we give chase.
Illidan is the Draco in Leather Pants. If he's anything but 'redeemed' I'll be shocked, especially after we let Grom get away with it.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Illidan is the Draco in Leather Pants. If he's anything but 'redeemed' I'll be shocked, especially after we let Grom get away with it.
AU Grom should have been killed, exiled, or forced to pay for his son's sins. Maybe make AU Garrosh appear as a small kid, and let Thrall raise him with his son as brothers. Then he can dual-wield both Gorehowls.

Or even better, AU Draenor should have exploded, with the Burning Legion winning and most of us retreating while the orcs stay to buy time.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-17-2015, 10:37 AM

The Sun King

Quote:

Same thinking. Voting for Athissa, but it might be Azjara herself.

Frankly, they never really needed "Alternate Universe Gul'dan" to make up a connection to a Broken Isles expansion.

Tags
characters, leg expansion, speculation, wow legion