Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Overwatch Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So how long the characters are changed to appeal to SJW's?
About November 10th.

As somebody who dislikes weirdly/oversexualised proportions I don't really have a problem with what's on offer for an over the top design palette. Widowmaker strikes me as the only really 'sexualised' one and she's just a Sylvanas/Kerrigan-wannabe anyway. She's barely showing any skin anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So how long the characters are changed to appeal to SJW's?
By the time Beta hits I wager.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Wabbajack Wabbajack is offline

Arch-Druid
Wabbajack's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,268

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

I actually got the opposite impression of the Japanese guy. He's neither a katana wielding samurai nor a ninja. "Japanese archer" isn't really that common or cliché.

EDIT: And as a German I can say that I don't think any German player would have a problem with the German character.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:16 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

The women had some differences. The French one looks taller than the English one. The Indian one has a huge butt.

If they made an American hero a cowboy/cowgirl I would not be offended.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:16 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,956

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
About November 10th.

As somebody who dislikes weirdly/oversexualised proportions I don't really have a problem with what's on offer for an over the top design palette. Widowmaker strikes me as the only really 'sexualised' one and she's just a Sylvanas/Kerrigan-wannabe anyway. She's barely showing any skin anyway.
Showing off your sexy body is evil. Cover it with a burka.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

In the end it will probably just result in getting Male+Female versions of each class, and people still won't be happy.

There is no win here, this has been shown time and time again. Fuck SJWs.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So how long the characters are changed to appeal to SJW's?
Is it so wrong to question whether racial archetypes are a good decision?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
In the end it will probably just result in getting Male+Female versions of each class, and people still won't be happy.

There is no win here, this has been shown time and time again. Fuck SJWs.
That wouldn't really make sense.


Dude, seriously? I think you're overreacting. Literally all that's been said is some variety in silhouette would be nicer and then it's been questioned whether racial archetypes are the way to go, what is your deal?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 11-08-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Hammerbrew Hammerbrew is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9,773

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Is it so wrong to question whether racial archetypes are a good decision?
The way SJWs do it?

Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
The way SJWs do it?

Yes.
Explain to me what's wrong with the way it was poised there?

The person i was talking to isn't even a SJW and would probably be insulted by the comparison.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,212

Default

I think that the body shape the female heroes have fits their roles. True, you could give some of them a more wiry body, but I think that kind of body shape fits an agile melee character far more. I mean, Tracer could go for that look, but she's actually using her special powers more than her body.

I agree that it is fair criticism... at a later stage. Now? Too early to judge Blizz, imho.

What I disliked was actually the outfit of... what's the name of the Indian girl?

Last edited by Nazja; 11-08-2014 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,956

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
The person i was talking to isn't even a SJW and would probably be insulted by the comparison.
Is he named McIntosh?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Pharah is a lot more muscular looking than the other female characters too.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,212

Default

Pharah is awesome. Not as awesome as Tracer, but then, who could say that about themselves?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Pharah is awesome. Not as awesome as Tracer, but then, who could say that about themselves?
I am curious what kind of female body shape they are expecting. I think they did a pretty good job and there are five female human characters. I am not trying to insult Mutterscrawl or anything because I respect him very much.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I think that the body shape the female heroes have fits their roles. True, you could give some of them a more wiry body, but I think that kind of body shape fits an agile melee character far more. I mean, Tracer could go for that look, but she's actually using her special powers more than her body.

I agree that it is fair criticism... at a later stage. Now? Too early to judge Blizz, imho.

What I disliked was actually the outfit of... what's the name of the Indian girl?
Symmetra, from the city of Utopaea (Might've wanted to put a little more time into the name budget there)

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/symmetra/
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,887

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbajack View Post
I actually got the opposite impression of the Japanese guy. He's neither a katana wielding samurai nor a ninja. "Japanese archer" isn't really that common or cliché.

EDIT: And as a German I can say that I don't think any German player would have a problem with the German character.
Same here. In fact, Reinhardt is probably one of my favourites.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:52 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

This guy in the cinematic is probably going to be the American.

Name:  Cowboy.png
Views: 1391
Size:  261.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,212

Default

Reinhardt doesn't even feel like a stereotypical German, imo. He's not like Mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
This guy in the cinematic is probably going to be the American.
Twisted graves!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Reinhardt doesn't even feel like a stereotypical German, imo. He's not like Mercy.
She's swiss though isn't she?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:58 AM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Twisted graves!
You are even a Texan. Is that not a stereotypical American/Texan.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are even a Texan. Is that not a stereotypical American/Texan.
Yeah but I've never cared about that because there's not many places where being Texan is a bad thing.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,212

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
She's swiss though isn't she?
Yep.

What I meant is that he's not to Germans what she is to the Swiss.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 31,832

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yep.

What I meant is that he's not to Germans what she is to the Swiss.
Is pacifism a swiss stereotype?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,212

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Is pacifism a swiss stereotype?
They're the neutrals.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,887

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
They're the neutrals.


Stupid neutrals, never doing anything.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blizzard tf2, general thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.