Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-20-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
To be frank, the Barrens never made a lot of sense for a Warfront. It's the last place I'd expect the Alliance to attack. Seems a hard fight for little gain.

Maybe they scrapped the Barrens and made Darkshore instead?

IMO, the Silvermoon one is going to happen. There has been hints that something is going to happen in Quel'thalas in the future.
in the future we are going to do quest heritage armor in quelthalas!

selama ashalanore!
Old 09-20-2018, 05:59 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Maybe the Barrens Warfront is actually the Incursion for Mulgore. The weird texts did imply attacking the Great Gate, most probably from the Southern Barrens, is an objective.
I'm pretty sure the Incursions are only for Kul Tiras and Zandalar, given how Ion described them. He gave Tiragarde Sound as an example of a zone incursion and also said what when incursions happen all of a zone's world quests are replaced with Incursion world quests (and old world zones don't have world quests to replace).
Old 09-20-2018, 07:55 PM

Eternal

My dream end of BfA would have changes in territory in the EK and Kalimdor, and a number of interesting warfronts:

Eastern Kingdoms: controlled in most part by the Alliance, with Gilneas fully in gilnean control, Stromgarde being rebuilt with Danath crowned king, Lordaeron with a rebuilding effort from Silverpine to Tirisfal to Hillsbrad, a kingdom of both living humans and the Undying, the faction of undead led by Calia Menethil and Alonsus Faol, and the Plaguelands secured by the Alliance-aligned Crusader State of Hearthglen.

Alterac, however, becomes the new base for the Forsaken who chose to remain in the east, rebuilding its ruins with Nathanos as leader. Quel'Thalas is still sin'dorei and Horde-aligned, but the Sunwell is gone due to Azshara's attack. Down south, the Horde still has a small area in the Twilight Highlands controlled by the Dragonmaw Clan, and the Stranglethorn Cape with the Zandalari and Darkspear helping to rebuild Zul'Gurub. Since the Cenarion Circle has broken, the Horde create their own drudic order called the Raptari Ring, ruled by the Zandalari, and set up their hq in Zul'Gurub itself.

Kalimdor: in the west, the Horde has more power, controlling the lands from Azshara to the Desolace, from Ashenvale to Tanaris. There is a new Forsaken city on the edge of the Darkshore and Felwood. Dire Maul is brought into the fold of the Horde as the shal'dorei take over, seeing it rebuilt with its ancient glory.

The Alliance, meanwhile, hold the lands from Hyjal to the Moonglade, and their new base in the coast Darkshore, as well as the Azuremyst Isles and the island off the coast of Feralas. Uldum is neutral, and the neutral Earthen Ring allied with Magni have a base in Silithus.Warfronts:

Arathi - sees the Alliance rule over Stromgarde and the Horde expelled from its lands once and for all. (Alliance victory).

Darkshore - sets up the new kaldorei port in the north and the new Forsaken city on the edge with the Felwood, including lifts and all. (Stalemate).

Plaguewood - Stratholme is a new major city of the Silver Hand, and Quel'Lithien is the main sin'dorei forward defense against the Alliance. (Stalemate).

Southern Barrens - the tauren expand upon the Barrens and the Alliance are expelled from their lands. (Horde victory).

Broken Isles - the shal'dorei hold Suramar allied with Highmountain, but the Alliance control Val'Sharah up to the Moon Guard Stronghold. (Stalemate).
Old 09-20-2018, 10:48 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Patch 8.1 stuff got datamined it it shows lots of interesting story stuff.

Blood Elf Heritage Armor Scenario seems to be a flashback to how Kael'thas and his Magisters decided to destroy the Sunwell.

Vol'jin's Spirit apparently confronts Bolvar

And Lady Ashvane apparently gets broken out of Tol Dagor. Definetly a Horde Scenario.

And Tyrande gets here moment to shine and Night Elf fans a chance to get a new cosmetic option.
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Arch-Druid
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Patch 8.1 stuff got datamined it it shows lots of interesting story stuff.

Blood Elf Heritage Armor Scenario seems to be a flashback to how Kael'thas and his Magisters decided to destroy the Sunwell.

Vol'jin's Spirit apparently confronts Bolvar

And Lady Ashvane apparently gets broken out of Tol Dagor. Definetly a Horde Scenario.

And Tyrande gets here moment to shine and Night Elf fans a chance to get a new cosmetic option.
All sounds very interesting.

WoWhead Link
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287345/...thas-bwonsamdi

Last edited by Menel'dirion; Yesterday at 04:28 PM..
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

Arch-Druid

New nightsaber and ancient models leave me really pumped up. I always thought nightsabers were the old mounts that needed an update the most. I'm loving the night elf content for this patch, and wonder what this "night warrior" customization means.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Elune

The Night Warrior is one of Elune's titles, and according to the archaeology object "Necklace with Elune pendant," this form of her takes the valiant among the dead and sets them riding across the sky as stars.

This combined with the whole "ascension" thing is really interesting.

In the raid, it looks, at least to me, like the last boss for the Horde is the Sea Priest Blockade and there's a "Tidepriestess Katherine" among them. Could just be a different person, but I feel it is Katherine Proudmoore. It'd also mimic Rastakhan being the final boss as he seems to have a rather large entourage with him, and the Sea Priest Blockade has a large amount too.

Also, parents dying, their children taking the reins, etc.

Also also, there's a spell to command a very Val'kyr-style name (Brynja) to raise night elves as dark rangers. (edit: oh good lord, its gonna be Delaryn, isn't it? That poor woman)

Also x3, knaifu returns as an item, states its dormant for the moment. But yeah, that won't last long...

Last edited by Arakiba; Yesterday at 06:45 PM..
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Can't say I'm all that happy with the Kul Tiran Moonkin form, and it now dawns on me that all the KT Druid forms are just the Night Elf forms but with a spooky Drustvar look to it and I would have rather seen more unique silhouettes than that. I can understand the cat and bear form not being as unique, the Zandalar forms are done that way too, but the travel forms (aquatic, flight, ground) and this moonkin form are just extremely underwhelming and now almost make me not want to consider making a KT Druid.

Oh well, maybe someday we'll get a Druid race with an option to not have to use Glyph of Stars to avoid being a fat, silly-looking moonkin while playing Balance spec.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Eternal

The SoL Bunch:

Warcraft 3 Resource Discussion: (The Hive Workshop, Warcraft 3 Campaigns)
MOBA Overload!
Old Today, 12:12 AM

Arch-Druid

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...nKingdoms1.jpg
https://media.mmo-champion.com/image.../Kalimdor1.jpg

Updated Maps for the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

Wowhead has even more.

https://de.wowhead.com/news=287349/p...avenswood-batt

Also....

https://de.wowhead.com/news=287364/p...as-is-warchief

Finally some Info, why Vol'jin made Sylvanas his sucessor.

He doesn't remember. Something is clouding his memories. But It apparently wern't the Loa.

They summon Bwonsamdi and he denies to have anything to do with this.

They then confront Bolvar in Icecrown, who also denies having to do anything with this and also warns of Sylvanas.

After that, it goes to Stormheim to talk with Eyir. She finds out, that Vol'jin somehow got transformed and is not a mere spirit anymore.

Interesting Quote:

"You have been touched by the hand of valor. Such a noble force does not scheme for mortal thrones.
So whoever whispered to me's not da same as who sent me back?"

So yeah, this really smells like the Old Gods might be behind Sylvanas Rise to power.

Also, it looks more and more as if Vol'jin will become Magni 2.0, in mya opinion.
(Which wouldn't be bad, since he's a much more interesting character als "The Speaker".)

Last edited by Vineyard; Today at 12:28 AM..
Old Today, 01:05 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Old Today, 01:29 AM

Eternal

^My guess is she's gonna be one of the commanders in the Darkshore warfront.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
So his corpse is perfectly preserved after decades beneath the waves but as soon as he is raised as a Forsaken, he suffers from a severe case of Spontanious Self-Decomposition?

Also, that belt needs some work...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old Today, 02:07 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post

Finally some Info, why Vol'jin made Sylvanas his sucessor.

He doesn't remember. Something is clouding his memories. But It apparently wern't the Loa.

They summon Bwonsamdi and he denies to have anything to do with this.

They then confront Bolvar in Icecrown, who also denies having to do anything with this and also warns of Sylvanas.

After that, it goes to Stormheim to talk with Eyir. She finds out, that Vol'jin somehow got transformed and is not a mere spirit anymore.

Interesting Quote:

"You have been touched by the hand of valor. Such a noble force does not scheme for mortal thrones.
So whoever whispered to me's not da same as who sent me back?"

So yeah, this really smells like the Old Gods might be behind Sylvanas Rise to power.

Also, it looks more and more as if Vol'jin will become Magni 2.0, in mya opinion.
(Which wouldn't be bad, since he's a much more interesting character als "The Speaker".)
I don't think the old gods since from the whispers they send Alleria, it sounds like they're terrified of her and want her dead ASAP. Even if you chalk it up to whispering to induce paranoia or insanity, I don't think the Old Gods would want to encourage their potential followers to kill Sylvanas if her being around and Warchief is their plan.
Old Today, 02:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Yeah, I also changed my mind about this after reading that Tweet in Discord.

https://twitter.com/Necroxis9

N'zoth's methodology is about tricking you and convincing you that your best option is to do what he wants by thinking its what you want.

Deathwing's original corruption is about him convincing himself the Titans cursed him.

Azshara is tempted by her own voice saying give up.
Vol'jin, from the very beginning, was telling us that it was the Loa who told him Sylvanas, not that it was his own choice. And now he tells us that it was something ELSE. It doesn't match N'zoth's modus operandi.
Old Today, 04:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I don't think the old gods since from the whispers they send Alleria, it sounds like they're terrified of her and want her dead ASAP. Even if you chalk it up to whispering to induce paranoia or insanity, I don't think the Old Gods would want to encourage their potential followers to kill Sylvanas if her being around and Warchief is their plan.
What if getting her killed is the plan? Garrosh showed that a good way to get a faction leader removed from the board is to start shit with the opposing faction and go off the deep end while doing it.

So N'Zoth set her up as Warchief, counting on everyone ganging up on her and killing her eventually. At the same time, Azeroth's defenders are weakening each other. It's killing two birds with one stone.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft