Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > Diablo Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
^Expert on cool
Of course.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM

So, returned from GamesCon for today! Twas a blast for me, at least!

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

So now i am pumped for some more Diablo .
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: DrunkenPanda#1589

Special Forces Paladins!? The Paladin was my main in D2! SIGN ME UP!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 AM

Btw. got anyone some specific questions?

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Looks nice, but so did D3. SC2:HotS was too short, and it looks like D3:RoS will follow the same path: 1 act and 10 levels. I'm fine with there being only one new class, but I don't like how it's probably going to turn into a "finish the campaign in 3h" title.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by handclaw View Post
So, returned from GamesCon for today! Twas a blast for me, at least!
So... do you like our country?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
So... do you like our country?
Uhm, I LIVE in our country. And besides some of our politicians and the censorship in games, I'm rather okay with it.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Oh my... That trailer was AMAZING!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Looks nice, but so did D3. SC2:HotS was too short, and it looks like D3:RoS will follow the same path: 1 act and 10 levels. I'm fine with there being only one new class, but I don't like how it's probably going to turn into a "finish the campaign in 3h" title.
You thought Sc2:HotS was too short >.<. I have no idea how you cannot be happy about this i mean they have a lot to learn from with D3's release but D3 was far from bad...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Any word about more followers? or more follower customization?

Seriously, I was thinking up a design that involved turning all the D2 classes into D3 followers, because the ability parity is just RIGHT THERE.

Lore Observation, Systems Design, and other science dropped at Power Word: Remix

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Uhm, I LIVE in our country. And besides some of our politicians and the censorship in games, I'm rather okay with it.
Haha, you learn something new each day. So... you're one of us.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
Any word about more followers? or more follower customization?

Seriously, I was thinking up a design that involved turning all the D2 classes into D3 followers, because the ability parity is just RIGHT THERE.
No word at all. There is more focus an bigger customization of your own character, though (with the new paragon attribute system and transmog). Though, I could ask of course a dev in the following days.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 AM

Elune

Is it bad that i never actually hated the shit out of D3's story... People shit on it to no end just as they do with WoW's story elements yet here we are. I understand that Diablo 3's biggest weakness was probably its length but there is no other game at all that touches it story wise (in this type of game). The only thing i hated was probably Deckard Cains death.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
You thought Sc2:HotS was too short >.<. I have no idea how you cannot be happy about this i mean they have a lot to learn from with D3's release but D3 was far from bad...
SC2:HotS, once you complete the campaign (1 week in relax mode) is over. Multiplayer didn't change enough (small changes to the races, no new game modes or options), and custom maps are still as dead as 2 years ago.

The number of players is small, too, and most of those who remain are competitive league players.

One of D3's errors is that it's too short, and now they give 1 act for the expansion and 10 new levels, when it should have been 20 levels and 2-4 acts.

Also, map randomization, which is one of D3's biggest problems since it affects replayability itself in a huge manner, is still a problem that hasn't been adressed well enough yet.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 08-21-2013, 09:42 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Is it bad that i never actually hated the shit out of D3's story... People shit on it to no end just as they do with WoW's story elements yet here we are. I understand that Diablo 3's biggest weakness was probably its length but there is no other game at all that touches it story wise (in this type of game). The only thing i hated was probably Deckard Cains death.
Tyrael's rankled my whiskers ever since I figured out that the principality of Justice was the most likely angel to flout the rules. Other than that, Imperius seems to have about as much character as a plank of wood with a frowny face drawn on and Malthael turning lolinsane is even more tedious than it is predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:56 AM

Ranger

Quote:
Any signs that Blizzard had maybe another class hidden up their sleeve for this expansion that they weren't ready to reveal?

I mean don't get me wrong, the Crusader looks neat and what not, and Diablo 3 definitely needed a Knight/Paladin type class added. But I was really thinking with the whole "Reaper of Souls" thing, that perhaps Necromancers or some type of Necromancy related class would be involved (Str. based, shield using Death Knight/Death Guard type character).

Besides, perhaps it's a false hope, and adding the Crusader currently brings a balance of 2 Str classes, 2 Dex classes and 2 Int classes. But I assume they will come out w/ a 2nd Diablo 3 expansion, so having say another Int using class added in Reaper of Souls (Necromancer!) and then adding in the Second expansion a Dex. based class and another Str. based class balances it out (3 Str, 3 Dex, 3 Int). . .

I'm grasping at straws, I know. . .just was hoping since Diablo II: Lord of Destruction added 2 additional classes, maybe so would an expansion for Diablo 3.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppish View Post
Any signs that Blizzard had maybe another class hidden up their sleeve for this expansion that they weren't ready to reveal?

I mean don't get me wrong, the Crusader looks neat and what not, and Diablo 3 definitely needed a Knight/Paladin type class added. But I was really thinking with the whole "Reaper of Souls" thing, that perhaps Necromancers or some type of Necromancy related class would be involved (Str. based, shield using Death Knight/Death Guard type character).

Besides, perhaps it's a false hope, and adding the Crusader currently brings a balance of 2 Str classes, 2 Dex classes and 2 Int classes. But I assume they will come out w/ a 2nd Diablo 3 expansion, so having say another Int using class added in Reaper of Souls (Necromancer!) and then adding in the Second expansion a Dex. based class and another Str. based class balances it out (3 Str, 3 Dex, 3 Int). . .

I'm grasping at straws, I know. . .just was hoping since Diablo II: Lord of Destruction added 2 additional classes, maybe so would an expansion for Diablo 3.
There is potential.. There will be quite a few things they have not told us about and will be saving for Blizzcon.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post

So angels can just change their title whenever they feel like it.
"My eternal vigil over Justice is boring! Hey, I wanna be Wisdumb!"
"But Tyrael, I'M Wisdumb!"
"But you're not in the room right now, so nanna nanna boo boo!"
"Fine, I wanna be Death then!"
Mephisto: "But that was my thing!"
entire Angiris Council: "Shut up, you got yourself stuck in a fucking stone!"
Fixed

Also: Did Tyrael rebuild the Horadric Order after Diablo's defeat?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Tyrael's rankled my whiskers ever since I figured out that the principality of Justice was the most likely angel to flout the rules. Other than that, Imperius seems to have about as much character as a plank of wood with a frowny face drawn on and Malthael turning lolinsane is even more tedious than it is predictable.
This, and for me, I hate when they try and pull the "D1-2 was all diablos master plan all along!" When it was obviously something they pulled out of their asses from the start, and a million other lesser reasons that make me hate the story. Including, but not limited too, everything.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppish View Post

Well, I didn't notice anything like that. We'll see.

Anyway, heading out for the evening, hence, will continue answering questions later, if there are any.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshadowz View Post
Ok, looks pretty cool overall, just some thoughts.

So angels can just change their title whenever they feel like it.
"My eternal vigil over Justice is boring! Hey, I wanna be Wisdumb!"
"But Tyrael, I'M Wisdumb!"
"But you're not in the room right now, so nanna nanna boo boo!"
"Fine, I wanna be Death then!"
"Fuck! That's way cooler!"

Malthael wants the black soul stone? Why? Could it be because he is lolinsane?

How did he become the grim reaper? Will it even be explained? Because we still never got an explanation as to how Tyrael went from angel to human.

Where were they hiding the Black soulstone, and why was it so easy to find? Is it because lolplot?

A lot of "new" gameplay features, and by that I mean very little new gameplay features.

Environments look really "new", and by that I mean they look the same. (Which is still pretty cool, I love Westmarch)

I noticed Impirius at the very start of the cinematic with the other angels looking at the black soulstone. He's already lolmad, how long until he goes lolinsane too and changes his title to "Angel of the Apocalypse!", thus kicking off the next D3 expansion?
Old Gods did it. Bonus points for probably ending up half true with some demon possessing or manipulating him.

Quote:
Is it bad that i never actually hated the shit out of D3's story... People shit on it to no end just as they do with WoW's story elements yet here we are.
We're a bunch of Lore nerds. We would talk about Jaina taking a crap into Sylvanas' mouth if there was no other story. Half of us probably don't even like Diablo in general. And HOW is this Teufel-person not dead yet? Is it the demon-equivalent of this guy:

?

Also: nice to see where Frostmourne went. Didn't expect it to be reforged into scythes though.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Eternal

Malthael won his new powers in a cereal box.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM

Elune

so remember me bringing up about maltheal having been missing, last seen in the halls of pandominum?

Looks like I was right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
so remember me bringing up about maltheal having been missing, last seen in the halls of pandominum?

Looks like I was right!
I think only the most naive of us thought he wasn't going to go lolinsane.

Tags
diablo, rapper of souls, speculation