Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #57576  
Old 10-16-2018, 02:27 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,069

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
I'm okay with that. This subforum is remarkably far more civil than it was before when it was a right-wing echo chamber.
Sure because it is now a lib circlejerk, and a ghost town to boot.

Hammer should not have been perma-banned (he did deserve a monthlong tho and last warning) and coupled with Cantus' behavior it chased away a lot of good posters for stupid, petty politics. And now this site is borderline dead, admittedly most of that is the stupid discord but a part of it was poor admin policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yaska and Drusus.

PJ left for other reasons.
Cosmic, Mertico and Smoke(mostly) left too. PJ was mainly angry with how Cantus ran things but also disliked Hammer's banning, I know because most of us still talk.
Reply With Quote
  #57577  
Old 10-17-2018, 11:02 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Twitter has released tons of data on the twitter accounts believed to be part of foreign information warfare campaigns.
https://about.twitter.com/en_us/valu...rity.html#data
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57578  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Yeah, we really should put an end to state backed information campaigns.

__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57579  
Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

So how about that presidential endorsement of violence against the free press?
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57580  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:56 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
So how about that presidential endorsement of violence against the free press?
Almost as bad as the free press showing up on peoples lawns to try and shame them.

Almost.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57581  
Old 10-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Almost as bad as the free press showing up on peoples lawns to try and shame them.

Almost.
I wouldn't put members of the free press possibly trespassing anywhere near on the same level as a president encouraging violence on innocent people.
You guys would lose your shit if I said anybody who can roundhouse kick an anti-choicer is my guy, and I'm not even a politician.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 10-20-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57582  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:31 PM
Reinhardt Reinhardt is offline

Arch-Druid
Reinhardt's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,036

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Almost as bad as the free press showing up on peoples lawns to try and shame them.

Almost.
USA going from unipower to the country we just have to deal with, one troll at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #57583  
Old 10-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I wouldn't put members of the free press possibly trespassing anywhere near on the same level as a president encouraging violence on innocent people.
You guys would lose your shit if I said anybody who can roundhouse kick an anti-choicer is my guy, and I'm not even a politician.
That's not the point.

Free Press is a good thing. But by the same token, press shouldn't have unlimited power and certainly shouldn't think they get to run around like they currently do.

The politician in question should have handled that shit better. With that being said, the reporter he attacked was, by any reasonable standard, harassing people.

Come in uninvited to an event, interrupt conversations that are ongoing, shoving phones into peoples faces, ignoring the answer of "I'll talk to you in a second" and "Look, talk to this person, he handles the press".

Going to people who run facebook pages and interviewing them unannounced on live TV.

Yelling highly volatile questions at political meetings because they don't get to be inside highly sensitive talks and then bragging about it to their friends as a "Well thats what the fuck they get" moment.

Borderline blackmailing people.

The press now is not the friend of the people. They are not in the peoples corner. They are in their own corner, taking money to advertise products on their sites and in their shows, written as if they are actual news. The message delivered coming from on high, identical across a hundred different news stations, word for word.

The politician should have called security. He should have had that reported escorted out. And yeah, the press release would have been "X barred press from event!", but the harassment is no excuse.

And while Trump damn sure shouldn't have had endorsed that behavior, I find it hard to care when we've seen examples and videos of press faking stories, guiding and telling people what to say, mics left on as they coach reactions out of people, and every other shit event we've seen.


Quote:
USA going from unipower to the country we just have to deal with, one troll at a time.
You know what? God damn right. You "do" have to deal with us, because we are the top dog. Our Economy is the best its been in decades. We are going through with more deals. Despite the paris deal and us walking, we are "still" the only country that has met its goals, all under Trump. And maybe a lot of that is in "reaction" to Trump, but the fact remains....

We're doing it. The rest of the world isn't.

So yeah, deal with us. Because either way, as usual, you all want to talk about leaders, about being the big future, but we're the ones walking and doing.

So the rest of the world can sit down, shut the fuck up, and keep feelin salty that they are playing second fiddle. As usual.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X

Last edited by Ruinshin; 10-20-2018 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57584  
Old 10-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #57585  
Old 10-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
That's not the point.

Free Press is a good thing. But by the same token, press shouldn't have unlimited power and certainly shouldn't think they get to run around like they currently do.

The politician in question should have handled that shit better. With that being said, the reporter he attacked was, by any reasonable standard, harassing people.

Come in uninvited to an event, interrupt conversations that are ongoing, shoving phones into peoples faces, ignoring the answer of "I'll talk to you in a second" and "Look, talk to this person, he handles the press".

Going to people who run facebook pages and interviewing them unannounced on live TV.

Yelling highly volatile questions at political meetings because they don't get to be inside highly sensitive talks and then bragging about it to their friends as a "Well thats what the fuck they get" moment.

Borderline blackmailing people.

The press now is not the friend of the people. They are not in the peoples corner. They are in their own corner, taking money to advertise products on their sites and in their shows, written as if they are actual news. The message delivered coming from on high, identical across a hundred different news stations, word for word.

The politician should have called security. He should have had that reported escorted out. And yeah, the press release would have been "X barred press from event!", but the harassment is no excuse.

And while Trump damn sure shouldn't have had endorsed that behavior, I find it hard to care when we've seen examples and videos of press faking stories, guiding and telling people what to say, mics left on as they coach reactions out of people, and every other shit event we've seen.
You're using a lot of words and not saying anything here. You are defending the president's endorsement of violence by politicians against the free press. There is nothing that makes this acceptable.



Quote:
You know what? God damn right. You "do" have to deal with us, because we are the top dog. Our Economy is the best its been in decades. We are going through with more deals. Despite the paris deal and us walking, we are "still" the only country that has met its goals, all under Trump. And maybe a lot of that is in "reaction" to Trump, but the fact remains....

We're doing it. The rest of the world isn't.

So yeah, deal with us. Because either way, as usual, you all want to talk about leaders, about being the big future, but we're the ones walking and doing.

So the rest of the world can sit down, shut the fuck up, and keep feelin salty that they are playing second fiddle. As usual.
Not really. The American hegemony is crumbling as the rightists move further towards their goal of isolationism. Hell, we're giving farmers billions and billions of dollars in handouts to make up for other countries telling us to fuck off.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 10-21-2018 at 01:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57586  
Old 10-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
You're using a lot of words and not saying anything here. You are defending the president's endorsement of violence by politicians against the free press. There is nothing that makes this acceptable.





Not really. The American hegemony is crumbling as the rightists move further towards their goal of isolationism. Hell, we've giving farmers billions and billions of dollars in handouts to make up for other countries telling us to fuck off.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/vide...omy/vi-BBOvHwW
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57587  
Old 10-21-2018, 02:28 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Thanks, Obama.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57588  
Old 10-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Iconic Dodge City moves its only polling place outside town

Thanks Republicans! Hopefully this is totally worth the extra cash in your paycheck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
As if that's worth everything else that's crumbling in America.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #57589  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:08 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,194

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Sure because it is now a lib circlejerk, and a ghost town to boot.
No, because it's actually far more civil. If that comes with being predominately lib, then I will take it. If the only way for this site to persevere in activity is for people to be rude, unrepentant dicks to each other, then that says a lot about everything else.
Reply With Quote
  #57590  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:21 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,069

Default

You could say...
/sunglasses
voters need to get the hell out of Dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
No, because it's actually far more civil. If that comes with being predominately lib, then I will take it. If the only way for this site to persevere in activity is for people to be rude, unrepentant dicks to each other, then that says a lot about everything else.
And if it was the other way around? If now rightwingers circlejerked here and there was peace? That would be cool with you too I imagine. When one sides wins decisively there is peace, but that is not always a good thing.

Last edited by C9H20; 10-23-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57591  
Old 10-23-2018, 04:14 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
And if it was the other way around? If now rightwingers circlejerked here and there was peace? That would be cool with you too I imagine. When one sides wins decisively there is peace, but that is not always a good thing.
There was no "win." One "side" just decided this place wasn't echochambery enough and had too many rules they couldn't follow so they left.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57592  
Old 10-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,194

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
And if it was the other way around? If now rightwingers circlejerked here and there was peace? That would be cool with you too I imagine. When one sides wins decisively there is peace, but that is not always a good thing.
You are right that it is not necessarily a good thing. But it also seems like you are potentially making a false equivalence regarding these two hypothetical political scenarios. Is a "peace" where anti-Semitic, xenophobic, misogynistic, transphobic, and homophobic positions are being brazenly thrown around equivalent to the reverse? I don't know about you, but I don't particularly enjoy either me or my friends being spoken of as subhuman. So if it was the other way around, then I would have written this place off as another 4chan cesspit and felt no guilt about never contributing to this forum again. This is at least a peace that can respect my right to exist and my human integrity through practicing basic human decency.

In fact, I temporarily stopped posting for a long time because the entire forum was becoming excedingly too hostile for my tastes - sorry, C9H20, but people were indeed being massive dicks - and it wasn't the issue of moderation. I only came back after I curiously ducked my head in the forum much later and discovered the shitstorm that had already transpired months before and then saw how the forum noticeably cooled down tremendously. (Even more so when I had Ruinshin and Kakwakas both on ignore.) And what we have now is hardly a leftwing circlejerk. It's mostly Kakwakas and Ruinshin shitposting, with occasional links by Millenia.

But now my posting has slowed down because, in general, I am no longer playing WoW as of Battle for Azeroth. And before then I only played Legion for about a month and a half around its last major patch. It was fairly fun before you hit the rep grind wall. So my interest in WoW has considerably waned, though I still have invested interest in the franchise as a longtime player. And I am not interested in Discord as a medium for discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
There was no "win." One "side" just decided this place wasn't echochambery enough and had too many rules they couldn't follow so they left.
Pretty much.
Reply With Quote
  #57593  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Our bizarre march through post-Onion reality continues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...esidents-face/
Yes, that is Russian-made asbestos (#1 producer in the world) stamped with donnie's face since he loosened up asbestos regulations.

And on a darker note, it seems someone or some group is trying to murder Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, George Soros, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and CNN personnel with bombs.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/n...ve-device.html
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 10-24-2018 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #57594  
Old 10-24-2018, 06:05 PM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,069

Default

Well as I've said before I keep in touch with SoL exiles extensively and I can tell you virtually nothing in your caricature is true, there is no hate towards anyone in the people who left, including Hammer (he just had a very crass way of talking but hey britbong ). There is disagreement on policies but no true bigotry. But at some point having a different opinion became equated with "literally Hitler."

So yeah you can keep burning that strawman if you like but it's just not true. We lost a lot of good posters and that is part of the reason why the website went downhill. Discussions could get heated but it was all cordoned off in Halls of Lordaeron so people who could not take the heat should have not put their heads in the oven. I liked the freedom of speech that used to exist on SoL, from far left types who wanted to abolish property to hard right wingers, it was interesting interacting with all those people. But I would have rather if we banned politics than banned people, if we did maybe we would have civility and a more populous forum.
Reply With Quote
  #57595  
Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Well as I've said before I keep in touch with SoL exiles extensively and I can tell you virtually nothing in your caricature is true, there is no hate towards anyone in the people who left, including Hammer (he just had a very crass way of talking but hey britbong ). There is disagreement on policies but no true bigotry. But at some point having a different opinion became equated with "literally Hitler."

So yeah you can keep burning that strawman if you like but it's just not true. We lost a lot of good posters and that is part of the reason why the website went downhill. Discussions could get heated but it was all cordoned off in Halls of Lordaeron so people who could not take the heat should have not put their heads in the oven. I liked the freedom of speech that used to exist on SoL, from far left types who wanted to abolish property to hard right wingers, it was interesting interacting with all those people. But I would have rather if we banned politics than banned people, if we did maybe we would have civility and a more populous forum.
Ever notice that nobody seems to care when righties constantly call anyone who disagrees with them a communist?
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57596  
Old 10-25-2018, 05:39 AM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,194

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Well as I've said before I keep in touch with SoL exiles extensively and I can tell you virtually nothing in your caricature is true, there is no hate towards anyone in the people who left, including Hammer (he just had a very crass way of talking but hey britbong ). There is disagreement on policies but no true bigotry. But at some point having a different opinion became equated with "literally Hitler."
I think that you have a selective memory when it comes to past discussions.

Quote:
So yeah you can keep burning that strawman if you like but it's just not true.
Are you suggesting that I am misremembering my justifications for leaving in the first place?

Quote:
But I would have rather if we banned politics than banned people, if we did maybe we would have civility and a more populous forum.
I could get onboard with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Ever notice that nobody seems to care when righties constantly call anyone who disagrees with them a communist?
Or lefties being referred to as Nazis because "National Socialists" has the word "socialist" in it?
Reply With Quote
  #57597  
Old 10-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
There was no "win." One "side" just decided this place wasn't echochambery enough and had too many rules they couldn't follow so they left.
Youve all but threatened to shoot people with no punishment.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
  #57598  
Old 10-25-2018, 08:17 PM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,835
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

A Two-Year-Old Prisoner

Daily reminder than Republicans either like this, are apathetic to it in pursuit of another, equally selfish goal, or are delusional.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #57599  
Old 10-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,161

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Youve all but threatened to shoot people with no punishment.
Slander. I've only stated my willingness to support and defend the Constitution against all threats, foreign and domestic. There are bad people out there who want to hurt America. People like the MAGAbomber.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #57600  
Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Ruinshin Ruinshin is offline

Elune
Ruinshin's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 21,022

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Slander. I've only stated my willingness to support and defend the Constitution against all threats, foreign and domestic. There are bad people out there who want to hurt America. People like the MAGAbomber.
The MAGAbomber.
Right.

Remember a few years ago when I repeatedly stated that attacking conservatives without condemnation would lead to more violence?

That hitting people in the back of the head with bags of rocks or metal bike locks was bad? That chemicle attacks for inaugurations really needed to be cut out?

That maybe rhetoric that leads to shooting up members of the government should be reigned in?

Well. Kind of why.

Although, im also going to point out how extra the media is with this. I certainly would have liked to see the same sort of reaction earlier this month when someone tried to assassinate conservative figures, including the sitting president and secretary of defense.
__________________
Fucking Epic :X
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.