Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
So, the Alliance takes Lordaeron back, but loses Teldrassil?

I'd make that trade any day of the week...
Another human kingdom vs... Every bit of night elf land, land they've held for many millenia, ancestral land, iconic night elf land, apart from Val'Sharah. Which is half nightmare corrupted.

That's not a fair trade.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 11-03-2017, 02:54 PM

Eternal

Losing Teldrassil to the Horde, but getting Lordaeron in exchange? That's fine by me. Anything to see Sylvanas get what's coming to her. She deserves it far more than a lot of other characters, who have got hit with the villain bat for far less. And hopefully the next Warchief of the Horde is not genocidal and/or cartoonishly evil, because that is getting a bit grating at this point. Post Thrall, the Horde first gets a bloodthirsty warmonger, and soon after, a complete sociopath with no redeeming qualities. Moral ambiguity is not there for these characters- they are outright villainous. Why can't the Horde get a reasonable, ethical Warchief for a change? Vol'jinn was there for a very short time.

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 11-03-2017 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Demon Hunter
BattleTag: Pvarron#1601

Quote:
The first warfront in the expansion will take place in the Arathi Highlands, a relatively minor zone in World of Warcraft’s Eastern Kingdoms that has been part of the game since its launch in 2004. That may seem like an inauspicious battleground, but Hazzikostas notes that it has great tactical importance to the warring factions.

“It has coastal access, and it’s a great jumping-off point,” he says. “If the Horde can secure it, they can push back to try to reclaim the Undercity.”
https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16...-new-expansion
Old 11-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Is it more or less confirmed now that Sylvanas starts off this war?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:00 PM

Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs

At 1:53, the battlefront display.
Is that... Stromgarde?
Stromgarde belongs to the Alliance, now and forever.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Stat squish 2.0 confirmed:

https://imgur.com/a/sDkln

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Arch-Druid

I just had an idea as to what the Uldir plotline might be about, especially with its Mayincatec Troll architecture. And also how Troll architecture actually bears a close resemblance to the Black Empire's design. Uldir is a Titan lab to study the Old Gods, right?

"Laboratory" actually suggests they were trying to reverse engineer how the Old Gods worked. What if the Titans were actually copying off of designs from the Black Empire, like the fabled Towers of Sacrifice in Ny'alotha? What if they were also researching Old God magic and biology?

What if Trolls are so adept at dark sacrificial magics because they're one of the results of those experiments, which is also why they have such potent regenerative powers? What if there are some experiments which didn't turn out so well, and the bottom of Uldir houses something akin to an artificial Old God created by the Titans?

Last edited by Krakhed; 11-03-2017 at 03:07 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
Is it more or less confirmed now that Sylvanas starts off this war?
Yes. There's mention of "Horde aggression" in the Lightforged Draenei's page.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:07 PM

Eternal

I wonder if Turalyon will take part in the Battle? I wonder if he'll become the new King of Lordaeron after? Might Calia take up the mantle as Queen? Maybe Lordaeron will go from a Kingdom to a Knightdom, ruled by the Silver Hand, it's leader being the Highlord (in this case, Turalyon I imagine).

Still wondering what'll happen to Quel'Thalas and the Draenei Isles. Are we getting a revamp of 1-60? I really hope so.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Allied race page is up:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Has the class list for each one, except Zandalar and Dark Iron.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Ranger

I hope people really don't think they're gonna flip captials....
Old 11-03-2017, 03:09 PM

Hon hon hon

Okay. Who, at Blizzard, believed that reigniting the Faction War was actually healthy for the game ?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:12 PM

The Knight-Lord

When Lordaeron falls, where do all of the Forsaken go? If Blizzard wants the Eastern Kingdoms to be all Alliance, and Kalimdor to go all Horde, that means that the people of the fallen nations will have to go somewhere; and it also means that other nations will need to fall, too.

What do you do with the Forsaken?

Garrosh built a massive complex under Orgrimmar during MoP. Perhaps that will turn into Undercity 2.0? I always wondered what the Horde did with that space after Garrosh fell.

What will happen with the Blood Elves?

I’d have the Blood Elves rise Silvermoon into a floating city, making it a Blood Elf-Dalaran that floats above... Ashenvale maybe? Or it could be over the sea just outside of Orgrimmar. I don’t know. With the Blood Elves pushed from Quel’thalas, give it to Alleria and her Void Elves. Make it neo-Quel’thalas.

Where would I put the Draenei and Night Elves?

I don’t know about the Draenei, to be honest with you. However, When Lorderon is retaken, and, thanks to the in-game cinimatic, we know Stormgarde is as well, then I say Gilneas will be reclaimed also. With no Forsaken, it’s ripe for the re-taking. The Night Elves took Genn and the Worgen in, now is the time to repay the favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 11-03-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 03:13 PM

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Another human kingdom vs... Every bit of night elf land, land they've held for many millenia, ancestral land, iconic night elf land, apart from Val'Sharah. Which is half nightmare corrupted.

That's not a fair trade.
It's the Alliance of Lordaeron. Not the Alliance of Elves Who Fucked Everything Up In The First Place.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

So, are they actually going to revamp what they already revamped with Cataclysm?

I hope they clone Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor then, it would be so sad to lose the original content.

Makes you wonder why they just didn't repackage everything and start from scratch, calling it WoW 2 and setting it up a few years in the future.

Guess we'll have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I'm very disappointed the Horde starting "continent" isn't Kezan instead of Zandalar. The Zandalari joining the Horde doesn't make any sense after all we've gone through, they should have stayed neutral. The "allied race" should have been forest trolls instead or whatever.

Also, pretty bullshit it's a faction war expansion, too. Stinks nothing's gonna happen, and if it does (Azshara) it will be downplayed to hell, like the Y'Shaarj in Mists of Pandaria.

The selection of allied races is kinda terrible too. In my opinion, this would have been far better:
  • Alliance: High elves, Stone dwarves, Broken draenei.
  • Horde: Berserker jungle trolls, Mok'nathal half-orc half-ogres, Darkfallen undead blood elves.
Of course, they would have special animations and models, and would be different enough just to not be shameless reskins. As for other subraces that aren't "different enough" to warrant such uniqueness, they should be made available through character customization (Wildhammer dwarves, Taunka, Blackrock orcs, Dark Iron dwarves, etc).

God damn it Blizzard, you lazy assholes.
The more I think about this, Blizzard must have turned into the most incompetent and/or lazy since pretty much ever. I mean, how can you fuck up so much with so much laziness with the new subraces?

Further elaboration on the ideas above, quick draft:

High Elves: Some blood elves are getting tired of the Horde's shit. The draenei have found a way to remove demonic energy, and can now cleanse blood elves and turn them back into their former selves. Many blood elves defect into the Alliance, and there's a potential civil war in Quel'Thalas. They are led by Alleria and Vereesa Windrunner, among many others. They have a slightly different skeleton and new animations.

Stone Dwarves: After Magni's transformation and all the recent titanic discoveries, some dwarves have discovered a way to turn themselves into stone. They can now withstand heavier blows, and also repair themselves after injuries. Their facial customization includes things like stone beards, diamond mohawks, and more. They have also recruited Earthen and other titanic creatures into their ranks, and plan to restore the glory of their ancient masters through a new religion of sorts.

Broken Draenei: The same healing techniques that restored the high elves have been used to heal the broken. They won't recover their old form, but now they can join their brethren in battle without fearing their previous weaknesses. They are led by Akama and Nobundo, who are working to find a new home in Azeroth for their people.

Berserker Jungle Trolls: The secret to the berserker form was lost long ago, but the Darkspear tribe has been able to replicate it using ancient lore salvaged from a ruined temple and by communing with the load. Berserker trolls are larger and bulkier than their normal counterparts. Now the Darkspear tribe seeks to reunite other troll tribes across the world, and claim the throne of Zandalar for themselves. They can run in all fours without the need of a mount (like worgen).

Half-Ogre Orcs: The Mok'Nathal are looking a new home in Azeroth too. Led by Rexxar after the murder of his father, they're eager to prove their loyalty to the Horde. They're slightly bigger than normal orcs, and some have ogre features, like spikes, rock-like skin, or cyclopean heads.

Darkfallen Blood Elf: In order to control the growing blood elf dissidence, Warchief Sylvanas has recruited new allies from Northrend. The darkfallen, vampiric blood elves enslaved by the Lich King, left the Scourge and wandered alone after their master's death. Now, they roam the streets of Silvermoon, killing those who defy the Horde, and forcing them into their ranks.

Aside from the above, all existing races get new character customization options to represent similar subraces, as long as their models are similar enough. These include: Different orc clans, different dwarf clans, different troll tribes, different tauren tribes, etc.

There, I wrote better subraces in just a few minutes.

God damn it Blizzard. God damn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDimus the Staunch View Post
Losing Teldrassil to the Horde, but getting Lordaeron in exchange? That's fine by me. Anything to see Sylvanas get what's coming to her. She deserves it far more than a lot of other characters, who have got hit with the villain bat for far less. And hopefully the next Warchief of the Horde is not genocidal and/or cartoonishly evil, because that is getting a bit grating at this point. Post Thrall, the Horde first gets a bloodthirsty warmonger, and soon after, a complete sociopath with no redeeming qualities. Moral ambiguity is not there for these characters- they are outright villainous. Why can't the Horde get a reasonable, ethical Warchief for a change? Vol'jinn was there for a very short time.
Vol'jin would have been perfect for this expansion, he could have gotten to Zandalar and rule it, uniting all trolls.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Last edited by Lon-ami; 11-03-2017 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 03:18 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Okay. Who, at Blizzard, believed that reigniting the Faction War was actually healthy for the game ?
I'll be honest- at this stage, the traditional Blizzard storytelling trope of uniting opposition factions for a greater cause has gotten old. I hope that they do not half ass this faction conflict and turn it into yet another edition of 'Bigger Threats: The Game', because that is literally what every previous faction conflict ended up being. Blizzard has been using this trope since Warcraft III, and frankly, I am sick of it. So, let Blizzard subvert themselves. It would indeed be a change, to make the conflict between the factions the main focus. No contrived bigger threats this time, just a simple war between two perennial enemies, with significant losses on both sides, and the war has historical reasons for it's occurrence. I want to see them be bold enough to completely change the status quo. Let them make some daring decisions! Let some heads roll(hopefully, Sylvanas is at the top of the list in this case).

Last edited by CoDimus the Staunch; 11-03-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 03:21 PM

Arch-Druid

So, Alliance loses Teldrassil, Horde the Undercity (later was confirmed in a Polygon article).

Neat.

Most likely at 110, with Zidormi being around to dephase when necessary. (They won't redo the Starting Zones again, that's completly redundant.)
Old 11-03-2017, 03:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Another expansion around faction bullshit pretty much means that George Lucas has a greater ability to learn from feedback than Blizzard does.
This. So much. Fuck off with the faction crap already, Blizz! We're not 12-year-olds anymore.
Gonna sit this bullshit out, just like i did all of WoD.

Wake me when the Old Gods show up...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 11-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
So, Alliance loses Teldrassil, Horde the Undercity (later was confirmed in a Polygon article).

Neat.

Most likely at 110, with Zidormi being around to dephase when necessary. (They won't redo the Starting Zones again, that's completly redundant.)
With that Stromgarde Battlefront, maybe BFs will phase over old zones?

Old 11-03-2017, 03:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

I wonder how big our 2 'continents' are. People already were complaining about the BI feeling small and cluttered which was likely in part due to the greater view distance (BI are the size of Pandaria). If these 2 areas combined equal the BI/Pandaria they are going to feel really damn small.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:39 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

That armor.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:40 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

It is basically an old god expansion, where the old gods are subtle.

You know kind of like they are supposed to.

Manipulative not "CONQUER ME SMASH"

The alliance and horde are reactive not proactive against threats, same with class orders and stuff.

But that is basic wow lore.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Another expansion around faction bullshit pretty much means that George Lucas has a greater ability to learn from feedback than Blizzard does.
Uneven numbered extensions : it's time to put war back in Warcraft
Even numbered extensions : put your petty difference asides
Old 11-03-2017, 03:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Hazzikostas notes that the classic versions of zones like Undercity and Teldrassil will still exist for new players. But as they level up and eventually enter Battle for Azeroth content, the world will shift toward its new form.
Sounds like they want to go all the way.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:48 PM

Mountain Giant

I don't know if anyone said that yet, but I LOVE that new Jaina look. A bit Elsa-derivative, sure, but she looks more regal and powerful now. Boy, am I glad to see the midriff go.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, quilboar bias, world of warcraft